Soul Incorporated

heia!

I run a little montly Soul night here in Pittsburgh, USA, not massive but we try.

Anyway, this last week we received some very special guests from over in the UK. It seems these blokes, Des Paul and Martyn were stateside on a record buying excursion, saw our flyer and decided to stop by.

Nice guys all around, shared with us some of their purchases, played some of their newly acquired goods for our crowd, took a few pictures, left us a coupla copies of the Soul Incorporated zine.

Anyway, it seems they do a couple of events at a place called "Yates's" nr Walsall. I was wondering if anybody had an e-mail for these guys or knew them and could pass along a "hello" from Juddy and John in the states.

Cheers!

If yr ever coming to Pittsburgh, feel free to get a hold of me.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Chris Waterman

heia!

I run a little montly Soul night here in Pittsburgh, USA, not massive but we try.

Anyway, this last week we received some very special guests from over in the UK.  It seems these blokes, Des Paul and Martyn were stateside on a record buying excursion, saw our flyer and decided to stop by.

Nice guys all around, shared with us some of their purchases, played some of their newly acquired goods for our crowd, took a few pictures, left us a coupla copies of the Soul Incorporated zine.

Anyway, it seems they do a couple of events at a place called "Yates's" nr Walsall.  I was wondering if anybody had an e-mail for these guys or knew them and could pass along a "hello" from Juddy and John in the states.

Cheers!

link

I will pm you telephone numbers for Paul Cross and Martyn Bradley but don't have emails

Regards

Chris W

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

heia!

Anyway, this last week we received some very special guests from over in the UK.  It seems these blokes, Des Paul and Martyn were stateside on a record buying excursion, saw our flyer and decided to stop by.

Anyway, it seems they do a couple of events at a place called "Yates's" nr Walsall.  I was wondering if anybody had an e-mail for these guys or knew them and could pass along a "hello" from Juddy and John in the states.

Cheers!

link

We go to the soul nights there whistling.gif and yes they are a nice set of lads that run it

Phil :thumbsup:

Social source share

heia!

Cheers!

link

Phoned Des last night, as he's recently got back.

I will pass on your message next time I speak to him....all are great lads, and Des is a blinding DJ with a top notch collection. whistling.gif

Mace.

Social source share

Phoned Des last night, as he's recently got back.

I will pass on your message next time I speak to him....all are great lads, and Des is a blinding DJ with a top notch collection.  ranting_1.gif

Mace.

link

Yes, everyone here who talked to them all told me how nice they were, I had a blast talking to them, we let them play probably about 5 tracks (all they had) and I was amazed.

They seemed to enjoy Pittsburgh, and I can only hope we were as gracious hosts as they were guests.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!