Have I Got Originals?

Guest Kill_a_pig

Guest Kill_a_pig

I bought Walk Like a Man and Before 2001 believing them to be originals.

The Johnny moore on Date is moulded vinyl and the Rufus Wood on Espanola is green and blue.

I don't know for sure which (if either) are originals or not. A current price would be handy too :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest biggray1

Rufus Wood aint a boot but a second issue released by Espanola according to a earlier thread and confirmed by Mr Manship...slite color change in the reissue but all the wax etc is the same as orig...dont hear this 45 played out much..top tune...Funky soul...Gray

Social source share

Rufus Wood aint a boot but a second issue released by Espanola according to a earlier thread and confirmed by Mr Manship...slite color change in the reissue but all the wax etc is the same as orig...dont hear this 45 played out much..top tune...Funky soul...Gray

Where's the thread for this Big Ray? I thought we'd established several times that the boot/reissue is green with black print while the originals are green with blue print.

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Guest Kill_a_pig

Here's the copy I bought.

post-2138-1180456617_thumb.jpg

There were only 2 records I were not sure of when I purchased his collection and according to your reply I have got a boot (J. Moore) and a worthless (than I paid) re-issue.

It doesn't matter as I am a collector not a seller. The hunt will continue for both...

Social source share

Here's the copy I bought.

post-2138-1180456617_thumb.jpg

There were only 2 records I were not sure of when I purchased his collection and according to your reply I have got a boot (J. Moore) and a worthless (than I paid) re-issue.

It doesn't matter as I am a collector not a seller. The hunt will continue for both...

I appear to be misunderstanding everyone today. You're not still saying you think Rufus Wood is a boot are you? If so I'll buy it from you :thumbsup:

Godz

Social source share

Guest Kill_a_pig

I appear to be misunderstanding everyone today. You're not still saying you think Rufus Wood is a boot are you? If so I'll buy it from you :thumbsup:

Godz

As I said before I am a buyer not a seller - but thanks for the offer Godz. :sleep3: You would never believe the crap I have hung on to over the years, but that's record collecting. As a previous poster said, in his expert opinion I have a re-issue of R. Wood and I will have to take his word for it as I just don't know. And I will not blame the guy who sold it to me because he honestly thought it was an original.

Social source share

As I said before I am a buyer not a seller - but thanks for the offer Godz. :thumbsup: You would never believe the crap I have hung on to over the years, but that's record collecting. As a previous poster said, in his expert opinion I have a re-issue of R. Wood and I will have to take his word for it as I just don't know. And I will not blame the guy who sold it to me because he honestly thought it was an original.

Mate - just keep hold of it. Don't blame the guy who sold it you, he did you a favour I reckon. And to give you food for thought, here's a scan of my original (from a non-expert naturally) :sleep3:

Godz

post-1918-1180459459_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest biggray1

and now tell 'em what colour the print is on the pressing Pete.

Godz you have a reissue not a pressing or a boot a defo reissue mate...sorry but i dont know how to archive old threads but this was debated before and the topic was raised by Mark Bicknell if memory serves me well..and John Manship confirmed that the Espanola 45 was not a boot but a legal release...Give jm a call he will probably recall the thread...oh and my copy is a REISSUE to ...Has anyone earholed this 45 anywhere recently...I played it at Bentincks Xmas Dew and it Filled the floor...so it must be popular.....Graham.

Social source share

Guest martyn

Godz you have a reissue not a pressing or a boot a defo reissue mate...sorry but i dont know how to archive old threads but this was debated before and the topic was raised by Mark Bicknell if memory serves me well..and John Manship confirmed that the Espanola 45 was not a boot but a legal release...Give jm a call he will probably recall the thread...oh and my copy is a REISSUE to ...Has anyone earholed this 45 anywhere recently...I played it at Bentincks Xmas Dew and it Filled the floor...so it must be popular.....Graham.

So what are originals if the blue print is a re-issue & the black print is a boot ?

Confused of Bedford unsure.gif

Social source share

Sorry Ray,

You are confusing every body. The green with blue print is THE ORIGINAL 1st Press.

The reissue is green with BLACK PRINT. For fooks sake. rolleyes.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Here's the old thread where Manship made a comment:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=46079

Manship wrote:

The blue text is the FIRST PRESS

Black text is the SECOND PRESS the second press used the original stampers so the deadwax matrix is identical.

So the Black Text is not a BOOTLEG just a second press circa 1976..

Blue Text is £500+

Black text has sold for as much as a £100

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert