BAZ M .. KEV MURPHY .. JUMPIN JOAN

NEV .. AL SAL .. TERRY DAVIS

in the DDA

KARL RHODES .. JUMPIN JOAN .. PAUL SADOT

JERI BROWN .. MATT SIMPSON

hope to see some of you there

:wicked::thumbsup::thumbup:

COME ON ....KEEP IT UP!!! :thumbsup:

Looks like its just you promoting this one Paul!

So come on everyone, if you're not off to Cleethorpes and you're not working Friday night, get your arses along to Lowton. Both rooms have great dancefloors and you get to meet some right loonies......

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be along to create a nuscience of myself due to my usual excuse :thumbsup: But will try my best to get there if the situation changes!

What tracks are on this cd then....

So come on everyone, if you're not off to Cleethorpes and you're not working Friday night, get your arses along to Lowton. Both rooms have great dancefloors and you get to meet some right loonies......

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be along to create a nuscience of myself due to my usual excuse :wicked: But will try my best to get there if the situation changes!

Whoops, dont think I was supposed to mention the cd!! Its a suprise......but has some GREAT tunes on it!

:thumbsup:

Edited by paul-s

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be along to create a nuscience of myself due to my usual excuse :thumbsup: But will try my best to get there if the situation changes!

It'll be Paul Sadot & the DDA soon.... laugh.gif

CD...?

What CD..? wicked.gif

YES MATE ..ITS BEEN A GOOD WHILE MATE ... WILL BRING THAT APM AND TUNES I HAVE FOR YOU TOO MATE :shades::thumbsup:

Even better, cheers pal :rolleyes: See you Fri.

Looking forward to this one, gonna have a great night of dancing with the likes of Jerry(Mr Wilton) Brown and Matt on, gonna be a top night.

Guest Marcelle

HOPE TO MAKE THIS ONE . MISSED LAST MONTH ....WILL GET THERE LATE AS PER NORM LOL BUT BETTER THAN NOT AT ALL rolleyes.gif

STEVE T wicked.gif

Hey up Mr T ...... if you didnt keep stopping to admire the VIEWS whistling.gif you would get there a little bit quicker laugh.gif

oh dear its my turn for driving :yes: :angry: xx

Hey up Mr T ...... if you didnt keep stopping to admire the VIEWS whistling.gif you would get there a little bit quicker laugh.gif

oh dear its my turn for driving yes.gif :angry: xx

Never mind gal... just means you can get there earlier.. so it's not all bad... i hope!! :yes:

Thought we would have heard from Baz M by now... seeings as we haven't.. thought i would copy his post from last month... describes what Lowton has to offer perfectly... hope to see some of you there.. thumbsup.gif

It's Here! The 'Big One' for a Friday night

It's got everything you could want from a Northern night. Lowton is a venue made for Nothern Soul! The main room is big, dark, and mostly dancefloor with a raised stage at the top end and superb acustics, so you are 'enveloped' in the sound. Accross the event and just for you there's ;-

CHOICE of MUSIC - Two Rooms....Room One QUALITY oldies and todays big plays coupled......Room Two The DDA! Stonkin Rare Soul, forgotten GEMS and Super Soulful Selections. Plus the Record Bar....looking for that ellusive 45 You'll probably find it here with up to 20 record dealers and collectors regularly selling and swapping.

ATMOSPHERE - Over 400 appriciative, friendly Soul Music fans enjoying the music we love It's a great night out and a superb social event - Every Month

THE SOUND - Listen to the music through a quality sound system in both rooms......Hear the Rythmns, Feel the Beat!

ACCESIBILITY - 5 mins from the M6, 3mins off the East Lancs Road A580 HAYDOCK ISLAND, 10 Mins from the M61 and 15 Mins from the M60/62 sitting right in the middle of Manchester, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens

PARKING - Secure parking for over 250 cars in its own grounds

TIMES - 8pm - 2am

ADMISSION - Only £5.00

Hey up Mr T ...... if you didnt keep stopping to admire the VIEWS whistling.gif you would get there a little bit quicker :yes:

oh dear its my turn for driving :P :angry: xx

hey hey .....you i just take my time as i,m a careful driver .......... and i got along journey wicked.gifrolleyes.gif

and only short drinking time too whistling.gif

Guest Marcelle

Never mind gal... just means you can get there earlier.. so it's not all bad... i hope!! :)

Thought we would have heard from Baz M by now... seeings as we haven't.. thought i would copy his post from last month... describes what Lowton has to offer perfectly... hope to see some of you there.. thumbsup.gif

It's Here! The 'Big One' for a Friday night

It's got everything you could want from a Northern night. Lowton is a venue made for Nothern Soul! The main room is big, dark, and mostly dancefloor with a raised stage at the top end and superb acustics, so you are 'enveloped' in the sound. Accross the event and just for you there's ;-

CHOICE of MUSIC - Two Rooms....Room One QUALITY oldies and todays big plays coupled......Room Two The DDA! Stonkin Rare Soul, forgotten GEMS and Super Soulful Selections. Plus the Record Bar....looking for that ellusive 45 You'll probably find it here with up to 20 record dealers and collectors regularly selling and swapping.

ATMOSPHERE - Over 400 appriciative, friendly Soul Music fans enjoying the music we love It's a great night out and a superb social event - Every Month

THE SOUND - Listen to the music through a quality sound system in both rooms......Hear the Rythmns, Feel the Beat!

ACCESIBILITY - 5 mins from the M6, 3mins off the East Lancs Road A580 HAYDOCK ISLAND, 10 Mins from the M61 and 15 Mins from the M60/62 sitting right in the middle of Manchester, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens

PARKING - Secure parking for over 250 cars in its own grounds

TIMES - 8pm - 2am

ADMISSION - Only £5.00

Oh yes with me driving we dont get lost & we arrive before LAST ORDERS !

Having been a reg visitor to Lowton for a few years, & having seen it go through "ups, downs & back again" I have just been reminded of what a great "Whole package" Lowton is ..... the parking, the rooms, the music, the atmosphere, the cost :rolleyes:

so thanks for putting that up JUMPING JOAN (oh please please just one more time of me calling you it :rolleyes: ) & thanks for writing it Baz ....

with refreshed eyes I will see Lowton & as always have a great night (sober) xx

Thought we would have heard from Baz M by now...

I'm here! sorry Joan been quite busy these last few days.

Just spoken to Matt, who is looking forward to Friday, BIG TIME!.......He's been digging out some wonderful, soulful tracks from the dark recesses of his collection, it's deffo gonna be worth copping an ear to them on Friday. Can you post the DJ times up later this week so I can e-mail them to him. Ta!

Karl if you are reading found your cart in the bottom of the box on Friday so i'll bring it along

Later

Just spoken to Matt, who is looking forward to Friday, BIG TIME!.......He's been digging out some wonderful, soulful tracks from the dark recesses of his collection, it's deffo gonna be worth copping an ear to them on Friday. Can you post the DJ times up later this week so I can e-mail them to him. Ta!

Karl if you are reading found your cart in the bottom of the box on Friday so i'll bring it along

Later

Will post DJ times tomorrow.. Wednesday at the latest...

... could do to know what time i'm on in the main room first though... please? :thumbup:

Yep... really looking forward to both MATT and JERI's spots... both got some truly awesome tunes... CAN'T WAIT :shades:

Later

hi baz .... don,t forget my records this time please

steve T :shades:

hi baz .... don,t forget my records this time please

steve T :thumbsup:

Steve - Do you still want me to bring that Bonnie Brisker for ya?? :thumbsup:

See they missed an S off me name eh?? lol that could be the bit before "hit" maybe so best they did... lol

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

HEASKETH MEADOW LANE - LOWTON - Nr WIGAN

JUNE 8th . 8pm - 2pm . £5 otd

Yep... it's LOWTON time again...

2 ROOMS FILLED TO BURSTING WITH QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

in the MAIN hall we have

NEV .. AL SALS ph34r.gif .. TERRY DAVIS

in the DDA

:thumbsup::thumbup::thumbup:

COME ON ....KEEP IT UP!!! :thumbsup:

Steve - Do you still want me to bring that Bonnie Brisker for ya?? :thumbsup:

See they missed an S off me name eh?? lol that could be the bit before "hit" maybe so best they did... lol

ok mate bring it for me to have a look at.... hope to get there around 11.30 :thumbsup:

looking forward to seeing everybody then :thumbup:

Edited by steve thomas

Later

Hi Baz, nice one mate. Gonna try and get there earlier as norm to give you a lift. See you Fri.

karl, good to see you sat nite m8, really gonna try and get across fri.

And you sir. Next time i might get there a little earlier now i can find it. Would be great to see you at Lowton mate if you can make it, its a cracking night.

They spell my name wrong every month.. don't hear me moaning about it! :P

Joan... its so bloody rare that I get on a list I wanted to frame it... :lol: so naturally the grand kids will never believe it was me - when I keep telling poor buggers about it many years from now... :rolleyes:

Ok... here are the DJ times for the DDA room this Friday...

... shout if any problems :thumbsup:

. . . . 8 - 9 . . . RESIDENTS

. . 9-9.30 . . . JUMPIN JOAN

. 9.30-10 . . . MATT SIMPSON

10-10.30 . . . PAUL SADOT

.10.30-11 . . . JERI BROWN

.11-11.30 . . . KARL RHODES

.11.30-12 . . . MATT SIMPSON

.12-12.30 . . . JUMPIN JOAN

. .12.30-1 . . . JERI BROWN

. .. 1-1.30 . . . PAUL SADOT

. . .1.30-2 . . . KARL RHODES

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :D

Ok... here are the DJ times for the DDA room this Friday...

... shout if any problems :thumbsup:

. . . . 8 - 9 . . . RESIDENTS

. . 9-9.30 . . . JUMPIN JOAN

. 9.30-10 . . . MATT SIMPSON

10-10.30 . . . PAUL SADOT

.10.30-11 . . . JERI BROWN

.11-11.30 . . . KARL RHODES

.11.30-12 . . . MATT SIMPSON

.12-12.30 . . . JUMPIN JOAN

. .12.30-1 . . . JERI BROWN

. .. 1-1.30 . . . PAUL SADOT

. . .1.30-2 . . . KARL RHODES

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :thumbsup:

Hey Hey.....been SOOOOOOOOOO busy, not had time to post!! BUT, its NEARLY FRIDAY. One of the VERY BEST venues and nights in the country!!! Top stuff in both rooms and most importantly, a sound system that you can hear the words and the instruments on!! So important if your playing semi-known and underplayed stuff :thumbup: YIPEEEEEEEEE

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

in the MAIN hall we have

in the DDA

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbup:

Mr Haverkin and Mr Tony , how's things? Missed you last time, anyone popping across? :unsure:

Mr Haverkin and Mr Tony , how's things? Missed you last time, anyone popping across? :unsure:

They'll probably be paddling in the sea... with the two 'C's... at the very hot and sweaty 'C'... if you see what i mean...

Sorry... as you can probably see... i'm in need of good night out... :thumbsup:

Guest sharynm

Mr Haverkin and Mr Tony , how's things? Missed you last time, anyone popping across? :yes:

They'll probably be paddling in the sea... with the two 'C's... at the very hot and sweaty 'C'... if you see what i mean...

Sorry... as you can probably see... i'm in need of good night out... :thumbsup:

so am I that's why i'm not doing the door this month...thank God Billys back :shades:

so am I that's why i'm not doing the door this month...thank God Billys back :shades:

Ok....well, for those that want some 'soul' this weekend, pop into Lowton and DDA first and stock up!! HA! :thumbsup: Not supposed to mention this, but.....rumour has it that ,for those who ask, there will be a free cd available at the DDA on friday....ssssssssshhhh! :yes:

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

in the MAIN hall we have

in the DDA

:thumbsup::shades::yes:

Guest Trevski

Coming over for the DDA, even tho' Jeri Brown is on! :rolleyes: (Get them yellow labels sorted Jeri!)

Edited by Trevski

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

in the MAIN hall we have

in the DDA

thumbup.gif:(thumbup.gif

It's what Fridays were made for! Special Guests Tonite

TERRY DAVIES - Main Room

JERI BROWN - DDA

MATT SIMPSIN - DDA

Dont Miss It !!!!

alas we won't be making it over tonight :D

I've had a wisdem tooth out today and feel like I've been whacked around the side of the head - all the drugs are wearing off now and it hurts....

hope everyone has a great night, and will try for the next one!