Scarborough Nth Yorks

Hi

I am visiting relatives in Scarborough from the 14/6/07 (something I do on a regular basis) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if their are any Soul or 1960's clubs in the area. I can never seem to find any.

Your help will be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Jazzyfax

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi

I am visiting relatives in Scarborough from the 14/6/07 (something I do on a regular basis) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if their are any Soul or 1960's clubs in the area. I can never seem to find any.

Your help will be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Jazzyfax

99 Soul Club do a night at the Grand Hotel. Their website seems to have disapeared but if you contact member "Jackie Wilson's Voicebox" on here, he should be able to help you.

There's also a mod night called The Beat Club. No website or mobile phones for them as they are 60s purists. Big on man made fibres though I believe, and their tellys only have three channels. Contact member "Edsuede" on here for info.

There are also nights at the Mere Club and Crown Tavern pub. Give them a ring when you get here.

You'll miss my new night by a week but it could be too funky for you. Good luck anyway and enjoy your stay!

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

hi Jazzyfax

99 soulclub nite is 16th June 07 at the Grand hotel, DJs are Ed Horwood, Charlie, Mick and Ade, its quite a new venue for the Scarboro crowd and is sometimes really good. Be in by 11pm.

regards Jock

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Dress code is zimmer frame and Tea-dance attire! No..only kidding there, but you will be bumping into lot of old folks in the Hotel, as the toilets are out of the venue, down a big staircase and through a long hallway. starts about 8pm till 1am. Think you will probably like the next one, as Ed Horwood will be playing uptempo R&B. He will have the dates for the Beat Club, they hold in Scarborough every month, thats very 60ts and a really refreshing music policy.

Jock.

Social source share

whats the music policey @ this venue.

4 of us looking for a do around middle of england on 16th june(have to get to edinburgh for a aldayer on the sun).

across the board prefferd.

there is about 6 other things on where we want to go.

oldham,greystone,cleethorpes,almwich & a few more.

just trying to get the right 1 for us.

cheers :wicked:

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

whats the music policey @ this venue.

4 of us looking for a do around middle of england on 16th june(have to get to edinburgh for a aldayer on the sun).

across the board prefferd.

there is about 6 other things on where we want to go.

oldham,greystone,cleethorpes,almwich & a few more.

just trying to get the right 1 for us.

cheers :thumbsup:

I'm a regular at the 99 Soul Club nights at the Grand, Mick and Ade the resident DJs are always pretty accommodating regarding the music they play and requests - if you email them beforehand they'll sling a few tunes in their boxes I'm sure (ade@99soulclub.com or mick@99soulclub.com).

Thankfully they are more than happy to spin plenty of oldies and aren't afraid to spin some played out tunes either (when requested), I'm no great fan of modern soul, but the modern ones they do play are always pretty palatable to me and as I say I'm much happier with old stuff, so the mix is pretty darn good!

They also have some corking guest DJs so there's a nice spread - get yourself down, you'll love it!

Cheers

Kev ;o)

Social source share

Guest edsuede

Dress code is zimmer frame and Tea-dance attire! No..only kidding there, but you will be bumping into lot of old folks in the Hotel, as the toilets are out of the venue, down a big staircase and through a long hallway. starts about 8pm till 1am. Think you will probably like the next one, as Ed Horwood will be playing uptempo R&B. He will have the dates for the Beat Club, they hold in Scarborough every month, thats very 60ts and a really refreshing music policy.

Jock.

Cheers for the kind words Jock thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Ahhh Scarboro, the ORIGINAL 'Soul in the Sun' (and rain sometimes) town.

Four Seasons, Tiffanies, Rudies, Salsbury, Pickwick.

Glad to hear its alive and kicking.

Ed

Maybe alive but its not Kicking mate :thumbsup:

Social source share

yksoul site is informative about local events , including Scarborough

www.freewebs.com/yksoul

SOUL REPUBLIC. A WEEKEND OF UNDERGROUND SOUL UNDER THE SUN.PERPIGNAN South Of France. Fri 17th & Sat 18th Of August.Tony Jackson.Andy Bellwood.Paul Rockey.Maria Willingham.Chris Morgan.Chic.Guy Joseph.Les Hare.Raphi 'Scorcher'+ Guests. www.freewebs.com/wesoulrepublic

Edited by YKSoulandy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert