Bobby Bennett - Alone With My Tears On V-tone

A very reluctant sale listing from my collection. Manship sold a WDJ for over £700 some time back and there are some demos kicking around. First thought not to exist on issue (Tim Brown, Rare Soul Review issue 2), but then I got this copy. The only other issue copy I have seen was sold by Anglo American/Tim Brown maybe a year ago with a starting minimum bid of £700 in VG++ This copy is in clean M- condition. One of the best beat ballads/mid-tempo tunes ever in my opinion. It has been played by top DJ's like Andy Dyson and has a lot of potential, if more DJ's get copies. Oh, and BTW, the flip is an R&B style dancer "Never Going To Let You Go".

I want £700

I accept paypal, cash or IBAN bank account transfer. Please add 4% if using paypal.

I will try and get a full soundclip up later today.

post-1441-1180527131_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great double-sider! :D

"Never Going To Let You Go" is the side for me and a superb piece of rocking r&b! :D

Do you have a sound file for "NGTLYG"? I have no cables to connect my stereo to my PC at the moment...

Social source share

You're busy listing sales. Could have out them all in one post :wicked:

Maybe, but I felt it was less work this way this time. :) I'd have thought Bobby B would be right up your street Mr C, or is it too fast? :D

Social source share

I will consider part trade/part cash offers on this, or trades only, if it is good stuff. 60's, 70's or early 80's 45's. No junk please! I guess this record is not 'approved' yet and needs a few more spins from a few more big names to become approved but the thinking man, or woman, should realise it's potential I think. This record has also been in demand among popcorn and island soul collectors for many years.

P.S. I will be at the Cleethorpes weekender this weekend, so records can be picked up in person by people who attend.

Social source share

From Manship's rarest of the rare gallery:

"Never Going To Let You Go"

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/sounds/exists...g_to_let_you_go

"Alone With My Tears"

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/sounds/exists...ne_with_my_tear

:lol:

I'm embarassed to admit I don't think I've really listened to the flip side properly and I've got a (demo) copy at home - what a great tune :lol:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

This top quality rarity is still available. Reasonable cash or part cash/part trade offers considered! If no takers it will probably end up on ebay with scans and soundfiles. The main demand for this tune comes from popcorn and Island soul collectors remember...

Social source share

There has been a few people asking about this and I have received a couple of decent offers. In order not to keep people waiting and mess about more than necessary I decided on a deadline tomorrow, Wednesday June 27, 14.00 UK time.

Cheers

C

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert