Guest Lady Maverick

• Replies 242
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dont know about that Tony . I'll find the thread :thumbsup: do you remember the coverup name , I bet Robin does ?

simon sorry banks of memory depleted.......i know john a sold them at 50.00 he had three copies...everyone was scrapping for them and he gave them to the modern disciples..richard s never had it....butch sam and arthur got them....all the others are the same three to my knowledge....one from ian clark..went to keb eventually...

Edited by souljazera
Social source share

simon sorry banks of memory depleted.......i know john a sold them at 50.00 he had three copies...everyone was scrapping for them and he gave them to the modern disciples..richard s never had it....butch sam and arthur got them....all the others are the same three to my knowledge....one from ian clark..went to keb eventually...

Dont know it , oh are you talking about Larom B .. a couple turned up on ebay and the man himslef turned up theres a thread somewhere :thumbsup:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

OK soundwise not a patch on some of the others mentioned on this thread,but rarity wise how about Camp-Marchin' on Scepter ?

Cant recall ever seeing anything other than the boot for sale????

Yeah I asked about this 6 months ago and nobody could even produce a label scan

Social source share

I think they should burn all copies of Wiliam Powell, it's poor, the bloke can't sing IMHO wicked.gif:thumbsup:

let me play you my instumental edit some time shades.gif fabulous groove on the record though....i admit he seems a little reluctant to really go for it...it was clearly a test record that never went anywhere..like so many other rare northern things.... :unsure:

Social source share

Dont know it , oh are you talking about Larom B .. a couple turned up on ebay and the man himslef turned up theres a thread somewhere :unsure:

yes so i understand but he didnt have any records to show for himself!!!! shame....i dont remember it on the bay...how long ago...somebody on here must have bought it...

hows the C/U"S going....that one u sent me was a blinder... :thumbsup:

Social source share

yes so i understand but he didnt have any records to show for himself!!!! shame....i dont remember it on the bay...how long ago...somebody on here must have bought it...

hows the C/U"S going....that one u sent me was a blinder... :unsure:

Cant find the thread dam , 2 or 3 copies on the bay The BigO was bidding on one hes on here DJ's at Plinston ... Coverups , no I cant bring myself to do that ..Im putting them back in the racks now , far too funky and fast for today :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cant find the thread dam , 2 or 3 copies on the bay The BigO was bidding on one hes on here DJ's at Plinston ... Coverups , no I cant bring myself to do that ..Im putting them back in the racks now , far too funky and fast for today :thumbsup:

On the modern front what about John Donvan on Paradigm?

Social source share

And don't know, if already been discused, but how many copies of the Inspirations - No one else can take your place are in the known?

cheers,

Martin

Mick smith has one copy of this a one sided demo, which i'm told they all are..

Mal.C. :thumbsup:

they all are single sided i have one and as far as i know there are another 3 or so

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

somebody needs to send her a vocal coach...even worse than william powell :)

So she can sing Soulful opera, perhaps? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just looking at "ANOTHER" copy of Al Williams on a very nice Palmer W/DJ on ebay. I was always told that this was a rare piece. But despite the plentyfull amount for sale recently, it still seems to fetch a king's ransome. This must surely be down to demand, and not rarity. I suspect a 25 box of Palmer white demos has been found.

Not trying to put people off bidding are we Phil? On what do you base your "suspect"? LOL!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

On the modern front what about John Donvan on Paradigm?

Not sure on that one Steve ?? ..How comes you had it on the deck and then took it off and put it back in ya box without playing it at Yarmouth

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Mick H played the Prophets at Prestatyn last year.
I didn't know Mick had a copy, will ask him this weekend at Cleethropes.
Social source share

It went for around £1000 did it not? So everyone did not miss it, they just did not bid high enough.

I was told Butch latched on with the Sandi Golden tune, so to speak, there was no way anybody was going to out bid him...

Mal.C.

Social source share

It went for around £1000 did it not? So everyone did not miss it, they just did not bid high enough.

It was $1050 if I remember rightl;y, wasn't listed under soul/r&b either if I again remember rightly. Most did miss it, including many regular e-bay anoraks, as like I said the number of watchers only just scraped into double figures, again if I remember rightly :thumbsup::shades:

Social source share

Not sure on that one Steve ?? ..How comes you had it on the deck and then took it off and put it back in ya box without playing it at Yarmouth

What not sure it's rare or not sure it's any good???? It's both.

DJ indecisiveness was to blame for it's brief appearance outside of the box at Yarmouth :shades: ...it's more of a midtempo 80s thing, rather than that fast and furious funky type of thing you like, and as you were hovvering around I played something a bit more uptempo :thumbsup:

Social source share

What not sure it's rare or not sure it's any good???? It's both.

DJ indecisiveness was to blame for it's brief appearance outside of the box at Yarmouth :yes: ...it's more of a midtempo 80s thing, rather than that fast and furious funky type of thing you like, and as you were hovvering around I played something a bit more uptempo :thumbsup:

Hahha Steve .. You must know I like everything soulful , but if theres a dancefloor and the crowd are young enough why not play it fast funky and furious .. Oh yeah you forgot to play Allan Arris :shades:

ps. not sure on rarity of John Donvan..but probably very rare

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Hahha Steve .. You must know I like everything soulful , but if theres a dancefloor and the crowd are young enough why not play it fast funky and furious .. Oh yeah you forgot to play Allan Arris :thumbsup:

ps. not sure on rarity of said record ..but probably very rare

There are some Allan Harris's around - in collections mostly. It's not that 'ard, though demand is outstripping supply at the moment....Steve

Social source share

There are some Allan Harris's around - in collections mostly. It's not that 'ard, though demand is outstripping supply at the moment....Steve

I Have the 12 of Allan Harris , found a couple in Mobile many years ago .

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Best thing since sliced bread.... shades.gif

Glad you like it.

BUT wasn't this a thread concerning just the RARITY of the SOUL 45, not whether you actually like the record?? If it was excuse me for joining in. :rolleyes:

P.S. William Powell is POP music!! Overpriced & over here!!!

post-2262-1181229085_thumb.jpg

Edited by martinsbox
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

somebody needs to send her a vocal coach...even worse than william powell boxing.gif

What!! You into Opera mate, or just a Whitney Houston fan??? :rolleyes:

Social source share

what about the magic tones on solid hit 108 ? it was such a long time a missing number on the label and just nearly three years ago irish greg got two copies and one came up on ebay that time. never seen another copy. and that one which went on ebay last year was irish´s own copy. so if i´m not totally blind still just three known copies around, but it´s listed on john´s guides 3 & 4 @ 100 quid :rolleyes: ???

Social source share

What's the deal with the Professionals "That's why I love you" on Groove City. Still a big ticket item, still rare?

Number of known copies? Does it still get played and by whom?

Questions, questions.....

Social source share

Jim Wesiora had an issue and demo when he sold up i bought the issue for £100 the demo was £300 i know now what i wish i had bought

Am I right in thinking the last copies to be sold have been demo's Ted? Didn't Shifty sell two copies a few years ago? One may have been Clives & the other Waynes from Kettering? unsure.gif And was the one that Greg Tormo got a few years ago a demo?

Wonder what the issue/demo ratio is now days? Not that really matters, just nice to have one what ever the bloody colour.

Social source share

What's the deal with the Professionals "That's why I love you" on Groove City. Still a big ticket item, still rare?

i still give it a spin now and again, not sure what quantity there is pretty hard though

Social source share

Am I right in thinking the last copies to be sold have been demo's Ted? Didn't Shifty sell two copies a few years ago? One may have been Clives & the other Waynes from Kettering? unsure.gif And was the one that Greg Tormo got a few years ago a demo?

Wonder what the issue/demo ratio is now days? Not that really matters, just nice to have one what ever the bloody colour.

Hi Pottsy

Just glad i did not sell it to you when you had Eric Mercury and Larry clinton of me

Social source share

There are three formats for the Professionals

The issue-which there were a fair few around back in the 70's, but most are now in collection so only appears every now and then.

The demo-This I've never seen, but have it on good authority from guys in Detroit was produced.

Yellow wax-Only ever seen one in Simon Sussan's collection when it came to Yate for sale. This I would say is very rare, as colored wax pressing was often done for fun near the end of a pressing run.

Social source share

Well, thats mainly because you can get the first release on Mah´s at a mere 20 UKP top...and it really ain`t agood Northern record at all. Although it is a fantastic Group record thumbsup.gif

are you sure that the first release was Mah´s not Solid Hit? Have a look here https://www.seabear.se/detroit3.htm and you´ll see the SH 45 as released in 1967 and on Mah´s in 1968. Btw the SH press is slighty different to the Mah`s version, the SH is definitely the better one and in my opinion a great northern track no rubbish.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!