Arties Mill In Scunthorpe - What Years Did It Operate?

Trev Cox to the rescue please.....

What sorta years are we looking at regarding the soul nights you used to run there?

Recall going once/a few times I think? Just through the entrance door was a pool table and I remember Rod Dearlove setting out all his sales boxes on it. Blake were you there as well?

onwards, derek

Social source share

Guest Coxy

What sorta years are we looking at regarding the soul nights you used to run there?

Recall going once/a few times I think? Just through the entrance door was a pool table and I remember Rod Dearlove setting out all his sales boxes on it. Blake were you there as well?

onwards, derek

Now then Derek,

We ran ( I think) from 1995 to 1999. There was myself, Blake Helliwel, Kev Johnson,Rick Scott and for the first year and half Steve Woomble. Mr Dearlove did always bring his sales boxes along and did the ocasional hour behind the decks for us too. By the way it was in Brigg not Scunthorpe. I think ive got a photo somewhere of you and Rod chatting at the bar (knowing you he probably got the beer in :rolleyes: )

Freaky you bringing this up as ive just been going through the tapes I used to do on the door there

Trev

Social source share

• 12 years later...

was just talking to russ steele about this venue on new years eve.. and we said must be over 20 years ago..i went to a couple or 3 late on in 1998/99..remember buying innersection for £100 from blake there and getting tapes on the door..happy days

and just realised its a 13 year old post and its come to the top of my feed without me looking for it..is big brother really listening to us all

Edited by Dave Pinch
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Dave Pinch said:

was just talking to russ steele about this venue on new years eve.. and we said must be over 20 years ago..i went to a couple or 3 late on in 1998/99..remember buying innersection for £100 from blake there and getting tapes on the door..happy days

and just realised its a 13 year old post and its come to the top of my feed without me looking for it..is big brother really listening to us all

did it show via  the 'More Source Forum Topics feature' ?

if so, then its more than likely been highlighted due to 'scunthorpe' matching in this topic title and a recent post in a similar titled topic

if ya look down you should be able to see... 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

As you say Dave "Happy Days" Was a lovely venue and if i say so myself thought the Music played there was Excellent (as Mr. Burns would say)

Only Downer was the Bloody Dance Floor that was put together like a large Jig Saw Puzzle, Tripped on it many a times when i Danced on it 😀

Cheers, Rick.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Mike said:

did it show via  the 'More Source Forum Topics feature' ?

if so, then its more than likely been highlighted due to 'scunthorpe' matching in this topic title and a recent post in a similar titled topic

if ya look down you should be able to see... 👍

it might have done mike but i wonder why.. lots of things too coincidental

• Up vote 1
Social source share

33 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

As you say Dave "Happy Days" Was a lovely venue and if i say so myself thought the Music played there was Excellent (as Mr. Burns would say)

Only Downer was the Bloody Dance Floor that was put together like a large Jig Saw Puzzle, Tripped on it many a times when i Danced on it 😀

Cheers, Rick.

i never missed pitches in rotherham near where i live and the music policy was very similar.. i was always gonna go and finally got around to it in the last year or so it was goin.... then it was gone :(

Edited by Dave Pinch
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2007 at 17:27, Derek Pearson said:

onwards, derek

Spent some happy hours there myself Mr P.  Musically very open and forward thinking at the time and it was a shame to see it go. I vaguely remember trading some 45's with you and probably coming off worst😂. I also remember Rod D doing a spot or two, but all of the DJ's played some nice stuff. Memory for me was when Rod played 2001 Black Essence - 'Change in my life' after he just purchased it...a rather spiffing tune I thought at the time.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this thread, yes good times. It was my equipment and meant an early start from Leeds, luckily they did food so a chip butty while setting up!

Some memories, the Tudor wedding party gate crashing until Denise Cox ejected them. Kev turning up in a horse/removal van. Not buying Pandella Kelly from Henry Atkinson! Doing a runner on the last night. Kev drunkenly singing Long after tonight at the end, till we pulled the plug. etc, etc.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!