Spanner

• Replies 32
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Who'd pay £200 for this pile of tosh?

Don't even know why it's being discussed on a Soul site.....

The record contains less soul than your average Hank Williams 45.

WOOF!

link

Wouldn't call it tosh, I mean I don't love it, but it's Ok :ohmy:

Must say I prefer to hear it out when the floor's full than in my record room, and certainly wouldn't pay £200 for it, as I personally think it's quite easy to find. In fact, I'd say the Stardust copies are harder to find. There are 3 coral demos on eBay as we speak! Issues are rare though..... yes.gif

The Tim Brown guide seems to be a LOT more accurate than Manship's. In Manship's it says something like £800 issue and £600 demo, but really? yes.gif what sort of a wanker.gif would pay £600 for a demo? I think the Manship's new guide lost it quoting auction prices, everyone knows they're waaaaaaaaay out :D

Social source share

Who'd pay £200 for this pile of tosh?

Don't even know why it's being discussed on a Soul site.....

The record contains less soul than your average Hank Williams 45.

WOOF!

link

==========================================

HANK WILLIAMS smile.gif

TOMMY STEELE MORE LIKE yes.gif

BIZ AND THEN SOME IS L. TRINDER

OR HAS DAVE GODIN WOULD HAVE PUT IT

CRAP AS

DEEP AS

YOU LIKE

AND THEN

SOME

Social source share

Guest Trevski

==========================================

HANK WILLIAMS  yes.gif

TOMMY STEELE MORE LIKE :ohmy:

BIZ AND THEN SOME IS L. TRINDER

OR HAS DAVE GODIN WOULD HAVE PUT IT

CRAP AS

DEEP AS

YOU LIKE

AND THEN

SOME

link

:D:D:D

Now I know why I found myself humming "Little white bull" after the last time I heard Larry Trider! laugh.gif:D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

the Buddy Holly ones, he's from the same town Lubbock, Texas

link

Am i the only one that thinks it's scary that you know that Tony??? yes.gif

Social source share

ITS ONLY A GUIDE MATE - A GUIDE TO HIS POCKET.............

link

So true but alot on here have only paid £15 for manships guide,and yes he is very rich doing what he does [ nearly 30years effort into his buisness] so why do you people slag him off? typical english people jealous of some one who has made a go off it , and done well :shhh::yes:

Social source share

He was in the (60's )Crickets, say no more ,or has this been done?

link

The Buddy Holly ones or the Dean Barlow ones ?

link

the Buddy Holly ones, he's from the same town Lubbock, Texas

link

Mind you going down this road, Frank Lyndon was also a Cricket at one time too  :yes:

link

so was jerry naylor :yes:

link

Larry Trider was born in Lazbuddie, Texas.

Buddy Holly's first group were himself his life long friend and Larry Welborn (upright bassist), booked to open a show and billed as Buddy, Bob and Larry.

Holly's first official recording sessions were cut with guitarist Sonny Curtis and bassist Don Guess. The Crickets when nthye started recording though were Holly, Jerry Allison on drums and bassist Larry Welborn. Later various musicians were used to back Holly but no Larry Trider, Jerry Naylor or Frank Lyndon. ....I've a list on a double lp of Holly's of every musician used, including backing singers such as the Picks....... :yes::shhh:

Social source share

They vocalised for the Crickets in the 60's after Buddys' death.

link

That would explain that one then :shhh: although Buddy and the Crickets split before his death. The Crickets, after the split moved to the West Coast. Never followed up about the Crickets once they'd split from Holly...did they record?

Social source share

ITS ONLY A GUIDE MATE - A GUIDE TO HIS POCKET.............

link

Sorry I refer to mr brown, it is common knowledge that a few rare items have been priced down because mr brown does not own a copy.

People who read JM guide must realise that prices in bold refer to auction prices NOT street prices.

Any queries on JM guide ask me as I proof read it and completely rejigged the front end as well as printed it as well.

Social source share

Sorry I refer to mr brown, it is common knowledge that a few rare items have been priced down because mr brown does not own a copy.

People who read JM guide must realise that prices in bold refer to auction prices NOT street prices.

Any queries on JM guide ask me as I proof read it and completely rejigged the front end as well as printed it as well.

link

its your fault then John. :shhh:

BTW my friend in Sheffield produces the official Buddy Holly/crickets fanzine. A couple of years ago he received a letter from one of his customers in Japan who asked if my mate could get Buddy Holly to autograph a record that he owned! :yes: True story!

Shane

Social source share

BTW my friend in Sheffield produces the official Buddy Holly/crickets fanzine. A couple of years ago he received a letter from one of his customers in Japan who asked if my mate could get Buddy Holly to autograph a record that he owned!  :shhh:   True story!

Shane

link

Brilliant :yes::yes::yes:

Social source share

The crickets have played Sheffield a few times over the last few years. My mate does 'fan club' gigs at St Phillips road club.

I think they used to have soul nights in there a few years back. Maybe the S.Yorks lot can confirm. I was in there a few years back and I remember it having a fantastic huge dancefloor.

Shane

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!