What's Acceptable In A Dj Box?

Guest Matt Male

Guest Dr Pickles

Having read all these strings I feel compelled to put finger to keyboard.

As a dancer and paying punter I want to go to any night (big nighter or local village hall) and have the dilemma of wetting myself rather than leave the dance floor to go to the loo because track after track is so good. We've all been to plenty of "flat" nights where the floor is cleared time and again by DJ's playing for themselves or worst still for the other DJ's on the list. So how can these DJ's, with their original records justify clearing the floor for five records in a row? I've seen several people mention that having the records does not make you a DJ. How true this is.

As a DJ my job is to entertain the crowd. To choose those 20 records that when played out will have the dance floor really rocking. Even those 20 records need to be chosen carefully depending on the crowd. What's been played before, too much R&B, too much modern (when there is a modern room upstairs), too many up tempo and everyone's knackered, too many bland mid tempo ballads etc etc. I will play new or rare records, but only ones I've listened to, danced to in my own living room played to friends to get their reaction.

In my humble opinion it should not matter where that music comes from as long as each tune pulls the set together and has the crowd clapping for more.

If one of the DJs before me has played a record from my set, good luck to him, the crowd is warmed up and I'll pull out an equally good record to keep that crowd going because I do not have my hands tied by politics.

I'm told there used to be a saying at Plinston "soul by any means".

As a collector I want the best. Rarest record, complete catalogue, original sleeves, correct label. For these very special pieces of vinyl I will sell my soul, my house and the very shirt from my back. Not everyone will understand why I do this, not everyone will like my taste in the vinyl I have chosen. I can sit at home with other like minded people and discuss the merits of each and everyone. I will know what is an original and what is a copy just by the size of the lettering on the label. Not everyone will know this but I will be happy in the knowledge that mine is the original and worth every penny of £675.

These may be simplistic views of a very diverse scene but I think we need to be careful not to mix these three areas up too much.

Not every dancer wants to collect, DJ or be educated.

Not every collector or dancer can DJ.

Social source share

• Replies 176
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There are obviously 2 schools of thought on this and there's no way we're all gonna agree sleep3.gif

The argument that the " dancers don't care" is certainly a strong on though the scene isn't all about dancers ( nor is it all about DJs). The scene is about commitment - or at least I thought it was. Commitment from all involved (djs, promoters and punters) and part of that commitment is chasing those elusive sounds and putting them together with no small measure of skill and passion and care to get a dancefloor to react.

The magic of the northern scene is a mxture of things that, when each taken individually can appear more than a little odd and inexplicable lol Yes it's bizarre for grown men and women to stay up all night and listen to 40 year old records that cost £1000 but if you remove one aspect of the scene then you may as well remove them all. These odd traits are what makes it magical and distinct from your local nightclub.

Example - would anyone go and pay money to see a perfect forgery of the Mona Lisa in an art gallery ? I doubt it - sure you might hang one on the wall in your kitchen, but you wouldn't pay money to go and see one. Sure it looks the same, for all intents and purposes it IS THE SAME and yet.... it isn't !

Hammy

Social source share

Not being a connoisseur of collecting, how does this work with the modern scene? After all, isn't the newer stuff released on CD first and vinyl second!

sleep3.gif I know this is an old chestnut, but what do people consider acceptable formats at Nighters and Soulnights nowadays? Only originals, 2nd issues, boots..? Where should the line be drawn? Should the only judge be the promoter of the event?

The reason i ask is that in the past it was easier to keep it purely originals only i reckon, but now with all the likalikes, 2nd issues, reissues, and boots floating about on ebay and the increasing price of originals, most peoples collections are going to contain some of the above.

I know some will say originals only cos if you play a reissue the guy on next who paid £1000 for his issue will kick your head in....

So what's acceptable at

(1) A niter?

(2) A soulnight?

Does anyone ever think CDs are ok? :unsure:

Matt

link

Social source share

In general, the modern punters care even less what format the tune is on. Rarity does not play as much of a part - particularly with new releases that are easily available. It's all about the music......

link

That says it all.

Pete Smith wins. sleep3.gif

Social source share

This may explain why i favour the original only format when playing out at venues....... Many years ago when i first started to DJ must have been around 1980/81 Chris King invited me to guest at his Hinckley Allnighter, my collection at the time was at best average with a cross section of originals and the odd pressing, i was half way through my spot and i played Jimmy Mack - My World Is On Fire on a Soul Galore pressing, now a very well known DJ and now very goog friend was stood next to me and basically commented on the fact that he had an original Palmer copy of the record and it was wrong for me to perhaps play it when he and others hold the original, i felt really embaressed and from that day to this have never played anything other than the original format, if i ain't got it then i don't play it. Yes it's about the music, dancing, social thing etc. but it is also a scene based on RARE hard to find records.

I feature and play new compilation CD's/ vinyl re issues etc. on my radio show as a way to promote them for the record companies who kindly send me promo product but i would never dream of playing them at a live gig. believe me any DJ worth his or her salt would be shot down in flames if they were seen to be taking short cuts.

The trouble is there are far too many people playing records out there yet there are very few good DJ's, would it not be fair to suggest that the ones who get the most bookings lead the pack? seems to me that everyone wants to DJ, run a venue and make a contribution to this wonderful scene of ours which is fantastic as it's keeping the thing going, i have played hundreds of gigs all over the country over the past 25 years and still to this day it leaves me cold when i see a bunch of bootlegs being selected by the next DJ on, basically because anyone can do it, this has nothing to do with the records sounding the same, yes i agree they perhaps do and no the dancers can't tell nor perhaps are they interested but it's really deeper than that from a DJ perspective it's about being true to yourself, the promoter for booking you, the paying customers i.e the dancers and last but not least to the artists who made the records in the first place.

I take Soul Sam's point of you can spoil or wreck records but in this day and age there is no reason or excuse for venues not to supply first class kit to play them on.

Like Pete S said perhaps it's time to put this one to bed before it gets out of hand, i just felt that i needed to express how i believe the original only ethic works and i know i'm speaking for a vast number of fellow DJ's who work along the same princables as i would like to think that DJ's get booked on merrit, quality of collection, entertainment value and reputation and a good solid collection of quality original records gets the reputation alongside passion, commitment, dedication and a lot of hard work and financial investment to do the best you can when kindly asked to DJ.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Spot on Mark sleep3.gif I can see both sides of the arguement but at the end of the day this is a rare soul scene and always has been. To DJ from CD's and or boots just shows a massive lack of respect for what the scene stands for. If you don't have the original don't play it like plenty of people have said you really don't need to shell out a fortune to buy good (or even very good) records on original labels. The other thing to bear in mind is that today's cheap original may well turn out to be tomorrows expensive indemander who knows eh :unsure:

Troutster

Social source share

Pete, the punters may not care at local oldies nights but at places like the Wilton and Lifeline they care a great deal. So its inaccurate to quote average punter and more to do with the venue.

Shane

link

Good point Shane...I think there are two types of places now..Some where pressings and boots are the norm and then the rest... most folk on here want the second option....I go to many nights around the country and in Europe and to say folk don't care about original vinyl is not true at all...I just take it for granted that its original vinyl..We can't all agree on this but thats life....I think some of the folk who say it don't matter don't get around too much on the soul scene,if they did they would see that it does...Also had this conversation with some record dealers and they say it dont matter,why? because they are making more money selling issues/boots,big big money...It aint a matter of life and death but it does matter to a lot of people on this RARE SOUL SCENE...

Social source share

I have a collection which consists of many original records and a few boots and re issues and have no problem with listening to or playing either out.Mixing in a few re issues with originals is no problem to me. My biggest problem is some of the same old shit and crap which should not be played at soul nights in my opinion.

I would rather listen to a set of quality soul music and if the DJ plays a couple of boots so what!!

Social source share

because they are making more money selling issues/boots,big big money...It aint a matter of life and death but it does matter to a lot of people on this RARE SOUL SCENE...

link

That is complete and utter rubbish and I'd love to know what you base that on.

The last lot of boots which included Jackie Edwards, Channel 3, Charisma Band etc, I took 10 of each and still have half of them! There is not much interest at all.

So let's see, I made about £250 selling those bootlegs but on last weeks list selling originals I made over £1000.

Who is making money from bootlegs apart from the people who are making the records then?

Social source share

Spot on Mark :huh: I can see both sides of the arguement but at the end of the day this is a rare soul scene and always has been.

Troutster

link

What do you mean, it's a rare soul scene? The Champion, That Driving Beat, Mr Bang Bang Man, Breakout, Bobby Freeman, Younghearts and so on, pardon me but they aren't rare soul yet they get played everywhere round here. It's less than 50% a rare soul scene, most records played are easily obtainable.

Social source share

If all the dj's filled there box's with the likes of Goldmine or Stardust, or whatever new lookie likie thats just been released, how quickly would we get bored... every DJ would play the same thing....

Keep it Original.... from a DJ's point of view...You can't explain the feeling when someone looks on the decks, and you have an original... you don't feel like your cheatin anyone... you searched for that record for months weeks even years....stardust you can buy four for £20, off the internet wow at that rate we can all have a play box in a day... :huh::(

Edited by mischief
Social source share

Keep it Original.... from a DJ's point of view...You can't explain the feeling when someone looks on the decks, and you have an original...

link

It sounds from that as if you like seeing people look at your originals so you can feel superior to them and smug about having the record, I've got something that you haven't, my Dads bigger than your Dad etc.

When I sold my UK Liberty Timi Yuro I played it off the Stardust pressing and I don't remember anyone complaining, they were just pleased to hear it at all, nobody came up to me and demanded I take it off because it wasn't an original.

I can't think of one single record that I could get excited about having an original of now. I got practically every one I ever wanted and once the chase is over the excitement goes and they have to be sold on.

Also the Stardust catalogue is good enough for anyone to be able to do a useful spot if the records are played in decent order.

Social source share

No i'm not like that anyone who knows me hopefully would know i'm not like that..... Maybe it's the crowds that we mix with.

That makes you belive what you belive and feel what you feel...

"Also the Stardust catalogue is good enough for anyone to be able to do a useful spot if the records are played in decent order"

I'm not questioning the songs on the records all I mean If all dj's played them what would happen to the scene then?

It can be bad enough when a record goes big that you don't like and you hear it out a lot..

Any way how big is your dad? :huh:

Social source share

Can only speak for myself and the soultown niters,but i personaly do not book djs who play bootlegs.My opinion is that the dj spots go to those who who have gone to immense trouble and exspense to aquire great records,often takeing many years.I fullyexcept 95% dont give a f*** what its on,but i do think that the promoters especialy should care enough to make sure its original only.Obviously the djs have to be able to do the job in the first place,a good collection does,nt make a good dj

imo.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

What do you mean, it's a rare soul scene?  The Champion, That Driving Beat, Mr Bang Bang Man, Breakout, Bobby Freeman, Younghearts and so on, pardon me but they aren't rare soul yet they get played everywhere round here.  It's less than 50% a rare soul scene, most records played are easily obtainable.

link

Well you are obviously going to the wrong do's then Pete :huh:

Social source share

Northern Soul was a working class youth culture. Sure the scene has matured.

In some ways for the better, in some ways for the worse.

But, as it stands at the moment playing legit re-issues is frowned upon by the top Djs, record collectors & promoters. To enter the scene now and try to become a top tier DJ would take a serious amount of money, which most people dont have. That is very handy for those at the top as they already have their ready made cosy little group.

Social source share

Northern Soul was a working class youth culture. Sure the scene has matured.

In some ways for the better, in some ways for the worse.

But, as it stands at the moment playing legit re-issues is frowned upon by the top Djs, record collectors & promoters. To enter the scene now and try to become a top tier DJ would take a serious amount of  money, which most people dont have. That is very handy for those at the top as they already have their ready made cosy little group.

link

Col understand what you mean but be honest here.. (getting away from reissues etc) Don't you think its a lot to do with who you know, and if You put me on at your do i'll put you on at mine... :huh:

Social source share

Yeah but why? This is what I can't get my head round  :huh:

link

Because there are DJ's and collectors who care about what they are doing, take the time and effort not to mention the expensive to build a reputation etc, so why should some lazy sod with a box of boots take precedence over those who do it right.

Social source share

Been sayin it for years there,s loads of Soulies with boxes of records

and very little knowledge gettin DJ Spots and DJ,s like Stuart Bennett

from Barnoldswick who rarely get the chance to dj,have awesome

collections and the knowledge to go with it never gettin the chance

to play out ..In my opinion there are less than a dozen DJ,s in the

the U.K who I personally would travel to listen to another dozen who I rate, the rest are split into Soulies who have good knowledge of

what Northern Soul is all about and have a decent record collectionand know how to get people DANCIN / 2 Soulies who have decent records

but dont know how to put a spot together thus playin to half/ empty

floors 3 Soulies who love playin their 45,s out but ave limited knowledge

like whats been played in the past on the scene ect ect . and play some

really strange tunes to say the least..God i could go on and on but I,ll

zip it before i get into trouble :huh:

Social source share

so why should some lazy sod with a box of boots take precedence over those who do it right.

link

Quite right , playing a set with entirely boots is totally wrong , its as bad as playing CDs but what is wrong in a DJ mixing one or 2 re issues in a set of originals. There is nothing wrong with this in my opinion.

I could name 10 re issues off the top of my head in my collection I would gladly mix in (maybe one or 2 in a hour set) with a set of orignals.

Social source share

Oh I forgot it amazes me that some DJ,S cant remember certain

45,s being bootlegged / counterfieted and play certain 45,s thinkin

they are originals..MAD OR WHAT :huh:

and quiet a few people have scaned original labels and put them over

boots to decieve people into thinking they are playin original vinyl

two very well known personalitys on the northern scene spring to mind

one very famous DJ whom shall remain nameless had quite a few

dodgy 45,s to say the least in his DJ box when i looked through it

couple years ago and seemed amazed when I spotted them and pointed out to him that they where scanned labels on boots, anyone with any

knowledge of rare 60,s/ 70.s record collectin would have spotted

the dodgy from the true originals no problem...

Social source share

Why is this turning into 'have a pop' at the DJ's week? what is it with this scene can't do right for doing wrong sometimes or is it the other way round lol....... as with many topics on here it all get's rather personal, someone posts a topic or question, people reply and try to debate with valid points yet i feel there is no argument on this one sorry, a vast majority of all DJ's would rather play originals of any value rather than pressings/boots/second issues or whatever, it's simply the way it is sorry, i don't know why it just is, perhaps more to do with traditions of the scene and how the DJ's have always worked from way back. All the records played throughout the scenes long history were originally sourced, discovered from an original first often USA copy and would have been played from this format, and i'm not talking about taylor made instrumentals, some tunes were copied onto an EMI disc or dub by some DJ's who helped make the tunes popular in hand with the bootleggers to simply make money from the masses, but even with this i'm sure when records were first played they were played from an original.

Why? is it an issue if a DJ does his or her thing with authentic original records, should this not be embraced rather than questioned?

As for being a cosy group sorry but it's far eaiser now to break into DJ'ing than it was twenty years ago when it was almost a closed shop and there is still some doors firmly closed even for established names so sometimes don't matter what records you have you just wont get booked but that's life..........

Yes it's about the music, yes it's about the dance floor and yes records are simply sound carriers but from a DJ perspective it's about for me at least presenting the music i love in it's original form and that does not mean i don't think there is a place for non original material as this gives access to 'the sound' to everyone.

The original ethic will never change and it's one part of the scene that we are all in it for good records rare or otherwise, as Pete S said it's the chase that hooks you, collecting this music is an obsession and playing it to an audience is a huge buzz and simply an honour and is there anything wrong in being the best you can be within your means and play a few originals..................

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

but what is wrong in a DJ mixing one or 2 re issues in a set of originals. There is nothing wrong with this in my opinion.

I could name 10 re issues off the top of my head in my collection I would gladly mix in (maybe one or 2 in a hour set) with a set of orignals.

===========================================

Nothing whatsoever if they are legit and someone requests a certain

sound that the dj only as on a legit re-issue, but with the uk,s

top rare soul dj,s personally they would have the original piece

if someone asked .. :huh:

Social source share

Because there are DJ's and collectors who care about what they are doing, take the time and effort not to mention the expensive to build a reputation etc, so why should some lazy sod with a box of boots take precedence over those who do it right.

link

Lazy or poor? Anyone can be a dj, anyone - you just have to have the resources.

Social source share

and quiet a few people have scaned original labels and put them over

boots to decieve people into thinking they are playin original vinyl

two very well known personalitys on the northern scene spring to mind

one very famous DJ whom shall remain nameless had quite a few

dodgy 45,s to say the least in his DJ box when i looked through it

couple years ago and seemed amazed when I spotted them and pointed out to him that they where scanned labels on boots, anyone with any

knowledge of rare 60,s/ 70.s record collectin would have spotted

the dodgy from the true originals no problem...

link

Ian Levine - I have his Decca demo of the Larue...except it's got an MCA catalogue number :huh:

Social source share

Why is this turning into 'have a pop' at dj week

As for being a cosy group sorry but it's far eaiser now to break into DJ'ing than it was twenty years ago when it was almost a closed shop and there is still some doors firmly closed even for established names so sometimes don't matter what records you have you just wont get booked but that's life..........

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

========================================

WELL SAID MARK STATEMENT OF THE DAY :huh:

Some of us have better chance of gettin knighthoods than gettin spots

with certain promoters ..But hey thats life at least we wont get asked

to play the Snake or Nine times out of Ten ect ect

Just Jokin Mr Promoter :(

Social source share

Lazy or poor?  Anyone can be a dj, anyone - you just have to have the resources.

link

Hear many dj's and I hear quite a few who can't put a set together and totally ruin the hour they are on. Doesn't flow, tempos all over the place, can't read the floor so on and so on......................

Social source share

Hear many dj's and I hear quite a few who can't put a set together and totally ruin the hour they are on.  Doesn't flow, tempos all over the place, can't read the floor so on and so on......................

link

Now Now Chalky dont put yourself down your not that bad :(

Just havin a laugh mate you always put together a good set

( in yer bedroom )

Jokin apart Chalky you always play a nice spot with something different

which sets certain dj,s apart from others :huh:

Social source share

Now Now Chalky dont put yourself down your not that bad :(

Just havin a laugh mate you always put together a good set

( in yer bedroom )

Jokin apart Chalky you always play a nice spot with something different

which sets certain dj,s apart from others :huh:

link

:( Kind words Ian, thanks :( BTW I've moved from the bedroom and gone downstairs :lol:

I agree with your comments that their are many collectors who want to DJ and don't get the opportunity because they don't know the right people.

Some of the DJ's of today wouldn't have got near a set of decks years ago IMO.

Social source share

Dont know about you fellow sourcers but I personally feel abit cheated by the promoter when you turn up at a venue to find a DJ with his box in hand and its only 6"square.I was told by fellow soulies that on Saturday night at Bumpin and Stompin in Edinburgh Wee Bri

(nice guy but totally unable to understand his dialect)

was playing CD,s apparently a blinding spot of 70,s rarities

But why???????????????????????????????????

That cannot be dj'ing or am I missing something

the Gasher

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

========================================

WELL SAID MARK STATEMENT OF THE DAY  :huh:

Some of us have better chance of gettin knighthoods than gettin spots

with certain promoters ..

link

ian ...you're not wrong there ( not mentioning names...)

Davie

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Example - would anyone go and pay money to see a perfect forgery of the Mona Lisa in an art gallery ? I doubt it - sure you might hang one on the wall in your kitchen, but you wouldn't pay money to go and see one. Sure it looks the same, for all intents and purposes it IS THE SAME and yet.... it isn't !

Hammy

link

and yet i thought it was a fake that was hanging in the louvre ...oh well every day is a school day lol

Davie :huh:

Social source share

Mark, I'm not having a pop at the DJs. I neither have issues with DJs nor any individuals on the scene.

What I have issues with is a 'closed shop mentatlity' that stops up & coming younger DJs from making it to the top.*

Personally I agree with most of the arguments agains't boots & CDs, but cannot see why some people look down their noses at other people playing legit re-issues. Its the snobbery aspect that I'm against. It sucks.

*Please don't get the impression that I'm a frustrated DJ!

I'm much happier on the dance floor. :huh:

Social source share

After 20 years of DJing, I just hung it up, because I've done the hip hop thing since 84, I've done the house thing, I've played rare groove, reggae, requested garbage music at people's weddings and parties when I was earning money on the side in college. I've even DJ'd a shotgun wedding in Ohio :( if you can believe that. So it goes without saying that I've done it all. I can mix well, I can scratch, make announcements and all of this crap. All of this stuff combined made me aware of how to work a crowd, how to pay close attention to tempo and the crowd's reaction to it, and just overall common sense. Not all completely relevant to the topic of northern soul, but very important foundations of being a good DJ for me personally. I only gave up because I felt I had nothing left to prove. And for me to do a gig, it would have to be all of the right conditions. Playing gigs in Baltimore is a lost cause for me.

When I started playing soul nights in Baltimore back in 1997, I brought nothing but original 45s and nothing else. The popularity of these nights was never solid, so they came and went. After I saw how much people didn't care in general, I just decided to make it easy on myself and just play CDs. Why should I break my back for this crowd? They couldn't care less about what me. I felt ok in doing this because I was playing to an audience of people that didn't know what northern soul was. None of these people were connissuers of record collecting or rare music for that matter.

But when I got up on stage at LA, I was amazed at all of these amazing rare records I was seeing. I realized that this was the order of things and it heightened my appreciation AS A RECORD COLLECTOR.

As a DANCER, I was disappointed to not be able to hear a few things that should have been no-brainers, but the rules were strict and I just lived with it. There were plenty of other sounds to make up for my missing ones. I was ok with that.

AS A DJ, I can wholeheartedly sympathize with people getting angry about seeking out a rare record, paying top dollar for it, and have somebody come along and play on the back of your skill and/or hard work. It's disheartening, but I've rarely voiced my opinions about it over here, because some of these people have been my DJ partners and they don't understand. Having all of the cool compilations is all they need in their minds. No politics over here, so I just leave it alone.

Which leads me to this...

Say a group of northern soul enthusiasts go on a holiday to a location that requires air travel, where lots of other activities are planned and it doesn't all revolve around music. Then, later in the evening wherever they are vacationing, they want to put on a night in that location, just for themselves. Would it be strange to put the ethics aside and just make life easier and play CDs? Seems easier to travel that way and not have to worry about lugging the records around. Just wondered if there was any "neutral ground" anywhere? Not having a go at anyone's ethics, just wondering... Could this "anything goes" approach even be an attraction for a situation like this?

The reason that I ask is because I know nights get put on in Teneriffe and place like that. And I know for a fact that if northern DJs played CDs over here in the states, practically no one would care. The only people that would know the deal are people like me and even I wouldn't care. I guess it's because something like this only happens over here maybe once a year, if I'm lucky. BUT-I guess if I came to England and saw Stardust after Stardust 45 being laid down, it would take some wind out of my sails. That's the lifelong collector in me I guess.

I know one thing though...if I went to northern soul nights regularly I would get so sick and tired of hearing the same 15 oldies every where I went. I already don't want to hear Barbara McNair anymore. I have a need for progression in the music. I want a steady diet of good newies all of the time. It keeps me going and holds my interest. I'm glad things have progressed beyond Wigan. I'm glad Stafford happened and set a new standard for digging up unplayed sounds, which still continues today.

NCSC in Manchester is the one and only offer for a gig that I have hanging out there and that's fine by me. And whenever that gig finally happens, I'll be in top form with a nice selection of music-high and low dollar stuff. If that's the one gig I do in a year-fine with me. It's about quality for me.

I agree with points from both sides of the argument and I think it should be dealt with on a case by case basis and not be too extreme. Also, I'm just as much of a punter and a music lover as the next person, but when it comes time to get on the decks, I'm going with the Big Daddy "Keep It Real' approach...100%. :huh:

KTF

Jas

Social source share

Soulsmith, no offence meant or taken all i was saying is it seems that the DJ's were getting a little flack for simply trying to do the best they can is all.

Regarding the closed shop mentality i totally agree with you as yes this does go on and i really can't give an answer all i will say is if the younger up and coming DJ's stick at it then if the quality is there it will shine through and break this attitude, the likes of James Trouble, Rich Buckley, Jamie Hartford, Kim Cook, Ady Lupton and many others need to be heard on a far more regular basis, they have the passion, commitment and very good records to contribute to the scene and i champion your comments and have included some of them at my new Sheridans allnighter in hope that it will bring a different dimension and attitude to the event, also Chris Waterman has made it his job to give up and coming and lesser known names a chance at New Century events and i'm sure he will continue with this trend.

I'm sure there will be more comments on this subject and i hope it changes a few of the old school ethics.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

and yet i thought it was a fake that was hanging in the louvre ...oh well every day is a school day lol

Davie :huh:

link

I've a picture of Kate Garroway in my Louvre...

UVAVU :-)

Hammy

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Mike you ought to do a poll for all members...those for originals, and those who don't care....

ps......ORIGINALS.......... :huh:

link

Nows your chance Brett!

I put the poll up! good idea fella! :( Get voting!

Social source share

Mike you ought to do a poll for all members...those for originals, and those who don't care....

ps......ORIGINALS.......... :huh:

link

Good idea Ill stick a poll up now Brett. Will be interesting to see the results but i think i know what the overwhelming winner will be :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!