Soundfiles Wanted

Well, following on from the Butch thread, I was just wondering if anyone has soundfiles of the TWO PLUS TWO 45 on Velgo. It's painfully obvious that I'm never going to own this one, and the two short snippets I have aren't nearly enough. HELP!

Amazing that dealers have been trawling the States for over 30 years for records and something like this pops up! I mean, even if you did find one for a couple of bucks, you wouldn't exactly go "nope, not Gwen Owens, I'll just leave it..." Would you???? sleep3.gif

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I started a topic about this when I first joined soul source. I was watching it on ebay started at $6.99 and ended up at $6000 if memory serves me right. I remember there was a couple of soundclips on the ad which was unusual for the seller. Anyway both sides were quality just which I'd had $6001 at the time. rolleyes.gif

Social source share

I heard the 2 sound clips and wondered what all the fuss was about :(

Well I liked them. tongue.gif The following pictures are courtesy of Mr Manships rarest of the rare pages (there's also a couple of soundclips on there page 72). thumbsup.gif

1121.jpg

1120.jpg

Edited by Supercorsa
Social source share

I heard the 2 sound clips and wondered what all the fuss was about sleep3.gif

Must admit, I agree it's tedious - but don't mind it as much after a few hundred listens tongue.gif . It's the sort of record I'd love to find cheap and sell on gladly for lots of dosh ...even though I've only bothered to sell one or two records ever from my many boxes (which include doubles and turned-off discs :( ).

My other half rates this highly (and plays the lesser known side out), but I've yet to come across a female who likes it.

I'm interested to see if any females on here can contradict this???

m

ps. sorry, but please don't request sound files - what's his is his (in my book)

Social source share

The slower side is tedious and there are hundreds of detroit record far better the other side sounds like someone has him round the nuts tightly. it would not be getting talked up if Butch was not playing it IM O

I'm totally with you Ted. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

thank you joan for being one of the few sane posters in this thread ... this record is a great SOUL record and i would give a testie or two to own a copy ... brilliant IMO!

Have to say... i LOVE IT!

'Look Around' side is by far the best side i reckon.. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

yes, mp3s would be great please.

CanI have two as well please............(rattling my mp3 begging cup)

John

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I've seen another 45 by this group.. Love will conquer on Ditto, does anyone know if this is any good?

Different group, the Velgo outfit are, obviously, from detroit; not sure where the Ditto outfit are from, but deff. different group. From memory, it's a beach type sound, not bad but nothing special (think was covered as the Servicemen?)

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!