Record Deck Middles?

• Replies 20
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Roger Banks sells them in pairs - some kind of aluminium or alloy - something like a fiver each or £7.50 a pair.

The plastic ones I've had in the past are crap - you need something with a bit of weight to them

I must say that I've tried the ally ones, but to me the plastic cone ones are the best money can buy. Give the lads at Beatin Rhythm in Manchester a ring, and they'll even post them to you. The ones they sell are perfect, and I'm a fussy bastard. 0161 834 7783

Social source share

I must say that I've tried the ally ones, but to me the plastic cone ones are the best money can buy. Give the lads at Beatin Rhythm in Manchester a ring, and they'll even post them to you. The ones they sell are perfect, and I'm a fussy bastard. 0161 834 7783

Don't you find that they lift when you are cuing (sic) in the records?

Social source share

I got a pair from Dundeedavie off here cheap, dunno if he's still got any.

As can be seen in this picture of a record I'm trying to sell on ebay, although I'd have better luck selling the bloody middles! yes.gif

post-1182-1181342632_thumb.jpg

Great oldie ...deserves more plays

Bazza

Social source share

For Jamaican records I always use a rounded alloy center.

They can be bought from www.soundquake.com and IMO these are the best esp. with 45s whose centerhole is a little too small.

67074.jpg

At home I use a plastic one I got with my first turntable (altough I'm not sure that term applies to that kind of machinery ph34r.gif ) since it's lighter.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

They can be bought from www.soundquake.com and IMO these are the best esp. with 45s whose centerhole is a little too small.

67074.jpg

At home I use a plastic one I got with my first turntable (altough I'm not sure that term applies to that kind of machinery ph34r.gif ) since it's lighter.

They look brilliant!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

www.soundquake.com and IMO these are the best.

67074.jpg

Just got one of these in the post this morning. WOW!!! as a veteran record putter-onner

I thought I knew it all, but.... These are the D's B's! I had the 'normal' cone shaped middle, the metal one, and thought that was easy!. Not cheap, but hey, you get what you pay for, and these are the Rolls Royce of middles, and they looks soooo f***ing coool! :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Just got one of these in the post this morning. WOW!!! as a veteran record putter-onner

I thought I knew it all, but.... These are the D's B's! I had the 'normal' cone shaped middle, the metal one, and thought that was easy!. Not cheap, but hey, you get what you pay for, and these are the Rolls Royce of middles, and they looks soooo f***ing coool! :yes:

They resemble your head a bit trev :thumbsup::lol:

Think im going to have to get a set, they do look ultra modern :(

Social source share

Guest Trevski

They resemble your head a bit trev :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Think im going to have to get a set, they do look ultra modern :thumbsup:

Thought they looked familiar! :P

Well worth getting 'em Baz, not much impresses me, but that did! :thumbsup:

BTW, Postman woke me up at 7:30 this morning with it. Not 'cos I had to sign, but because it was packed in something resembling a 100 count record box!

Social source share

Thought they looked familiar! laugh.gif

Well worth getting 'em Baz, not much impresses me, but that did! :lol:

Thought that I'd heard that quote before, but no it was something completely different -

"That guy impressed me, and I'm not easily impressed. Oh my god, a BLUE CAR!" Homer Simpson.

Social source share

I thought I knew it all, but.... These are the D's B's! I had the 'normal' cone shaped middle, the metal one, and thought that was easy!. Not cheap, but hey, you get what you pay for, and these are the Rolls Royce of middles, and they looks soooo f***ing coool! :lol:

Glad you liked them! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

67074.jpg

These are my favourites too!

Espescially when you are a bit drunk it's easy to put the record on. They just slip into place!

I also got my father to make a pair in solid teflon. They are even smoother! :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!