Ncs 29th Jan

Guest Chris Waterman

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi Folks,

I need to say a few thank you's and also to apoloigise for a few things to do with the night. Well a night full of ups and downs, so if I may I will take care of the things that I felt I let you down on.

The PA was sub standard and for three to four hours the DJ's had a battle on their hands and this came across early doors Kiddo, Jamie, Rich, John, Pat and Neil you delivered I did'nt.

The dance floor came away in places and this effects dancers so again I did not deliver so sorry and it won't happen again.

To the record dealers it was to dark and I need to sort this for future events.

To Brett I was out of order with my comment, I was stressed and under pressure, so sorry mucker.

The venue is pushing us in to the downstairs room and this is the future for NCS Manchester but I think if I sort out a few things like the lighting and PA then I will be happy to carry on trying to delver a nights entertainment.

That said a must say a massive thank you to all the DJ's and to Jamie, Wayne and Rich for the help in setting up, Andy BB for sorting the coach from London and Connor for all the hard work behind the scene

So if any of the above spoilt your night I am sorry and I thank you for your support

Regrads

Chris W

NCSC

• Replies 49
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Folks,

I need to say a few thank you's and also to apoloigise for a few things to do with the night. Well a night full of ups and downs, so if I may I will take care of the things that I felt I let you down on.

The PA was sub standard and for three to four hours the DJ's had a battle on their hands and this came across early doors Kiddo, Jamie, Rich, John, Pat and Neil you delivered I did'nt.

The dance floor came away in places and this effects dancers so again I did not deliver so sorry and it won't happen again.

To Brett I was out of order with my comment, I was stressed and under pressure, so sorry mucker.

The venue is pushing us in to the downstairs room and this is the future for NCS Manchester but I think if I sort out a few things like the lighting and PA then I will be happy to carry on trying to delver a nights entertainment.

That said a must say a massive thank you to all the DJ's and to Jamie, Wayne and Rich for the help in setting up, Andy BB for sorting the coach from London and Connor for all the hard work behind the scene

So if any of the above spoilt your night I am sorry and I thank you for your support

Regrads

Chris W

NCSC

link

===========

Gotta say, I think it's really excellent that you put this up Chris......well impressed.

The floor was a bit naughty, but mainly down to the amount of action it saw :shades: Mentioned it couple of times, but it NEVER stopped me dancing, and I doubt it stopped anybody else either :(

Same with the sound system I think, few probs, but nothing that was insurmountable. Overall good night, good venue, good atmos, great people sleep3.gif:unsure:

Winnie:-)

Guest lagerlout

I felt like fred the weather man on that dance floor towards the end of the night ....

But to be honest, it didn't spoil the night at all.

Liked the down stairs room and thought the atmosphere was the best yet.

Got the big thumbs up from me sleep3.gif

link

hi paul

thanks for the refreshments back at your place and the tv showbiz star you had lined up for us to chat with nice lad. :unsure:

pete

hi paul

thanks for the refreshments back at your place and the tv showbiz star you had lined up for us to chat with nice lad. sleep3.gif

pete

link

No probs pete. Lee ended up stoping until about nine pm, so dont think his bird would have been too happy with him.

That was the first time id met him. He was a good lad.

Did you get your train on time?

Guest lagerlout

No probs pete. Lee ended up stoping until about nine pm, so dont think his bird would have been too happy with him.

That was the first time id met him. He was a good lad.

Did you get your train on time?

link

yeah was smooth all the way home 10-30 train was home for the football.did you lot go down the pub and have more adventures sleep3.gif

Hi all and firstly really nice to meet fellow soul sourcers, nice to put faces to names etc..... :(

I thought for atmosphere Saturday nights serving was THE BEST YET. :unsure:

I say this because it felt more personal, everyone was together, having a good chin wag instead of being spread across an area the size of a football pitch as is the case up stairs. Another thing, yes the dance floor was a lot smaller and it got a little tight at times but Fek me! what a sight to see the floor packed for most of the night dancers giving it their all! With the dance floor being a smaller area it stays busier and you dont get the domino effect of people coming off, peeps are more inclined to stay on if there are a few others having a boogie.

What I am really trying to say here is that to have a massive venue is not always the best thing. I spoke to a lot of other people who liked the fact that the venue downstairs was tighter, more compact.

I know Chris took a bit of stick for Saturday night but like he said at the top of the shop there were short-commings which he will remedy. The floor was a mare sleep3.gif but hey i did not see anyone go t**ts up on it so what the hell, the man says it will be sorted for the next one.

Do not be put off by a little change, if this is the way its got to be then lets get on with it and look forward to a soulful summer. :shades:

yeah was smooth all the way home  10-30 train was home for the football.did you lot go down the pub and have more adventures  sleep3.gif

link

Did i heck. Was totally shattered mate. Tried to watch the footy at home but couldn't concentrate at all. We got a few beers in then i was KO'd for about half six. Woke up at seven this morning feeling tip top.

Text book.

Hi all and firstly really nice to meet fellow soul sourcers, nice to put faces to names etc..... :(

I thought for atmosphere Saturday nights serving was THE BEST YET.  :unsure:

I say this because it felt more personal, everyone was together, having a good chin wag instead of being spread across an area the size of a football pitch as is the case up stairs. Another thing, yes the dance floor was a lot smaller and it got a little tight at times but Fek me! what a sight to see the floor packed for most of the night dancers giving it their all! With the dance floor being a smaller area it stays busier and you dont get the domino effect of people coming off, peeps are more inclined to stay on if there are a few others having a boogie.

What I am really trying to say here is that to have a massive venue is not always the best thing. I spoke to a lot of other people who liked the fact that the venue downstairs was tighter, more compact.

I know Chris took a bit of stick for Saturday night but like he said at the top of the shop there were short-commings which he will remedy. The floor was a mare sleep3.gif but hey i did not see anyone go t**ts up on it so what the hell, the man says it will be sorted for the next one.

Do not be put off by a little change, if this is the way its got to be then lets get on with it and look forward to a soulful summer. :shades:

link

Totally agree with you lee. I think its much better downstairs. You dont have time to find a quiet corner and wind down cos there's always someone stood next to you to have a chat too and it keeps you going.

And the dance fllor was an AMAZING sight. Totally packed.

Nice to meet up with a few of the board, pete, brett and the most hardcore lass in the world....wendy!! Anyone who flies over on their tod and can face check in on the way back deserves a medal if you ask me.

link

I agree, it was better everyone in one room.I was a little worried when I heard the small room was to be used as last time I went the small room was small, but opened up as it was it was perfect.

The SSCDT boys, Jamie,John May and Rich Buckley did us proud.

I personally had one of the best nights out I have had in ages :unsure:

awh Chris, ncsc is always gonna be good no matter what goes wrong! i had a great night, thanks so much. i cant wait to get over there again asap

paul b - hiya! i was under the impression i was coming round your gaff after the nighter. at least someone invited me round there, though i dont think you did sleep3.gif

everyone disappeared so quick afte the niter... what was the name of your pal in the black shirt & super skinny tie. could you ask him to get in touch with me?

awh Chris, ncsc is always gonna be good no matter what goes wrong!  i had a great night, thanks so much. i cant wait to get over there again asap

paul b - hiya! i was under the impression i was coming round your gaff after the nighter. at least someone invited me round there, though i dont think you did sleep3.gif

everyone disappeared so quick afte the niter... what was the name of your pal in the black shirt & super skinny tie. could you ask him to get in touch with me?

link

Everyone was inviting everyone round to ours, i nearly had to wash up!

We got off pretty quickly afterwards so sorry for not waiting for you but i thought you said you were off to the train station....unless i got it wrong.....which i probably did!

Hope the flight wasn't too much of a nightmare.

Matty doesn't come on here but if you've got an email address ill pass it on to him and tell him to get in touch.

I wish I had made it. I wasnt up for driving as I am still in pain since the accident. Will see you all soon I am sure. :shades:

Shane

ps. can we stop talking about it. sleep3.gif:unsure:

I agree, it was better everyone in one room.I was a little worried when I heard the small room was to be used as last time I went the small room was small, but opened up as it was it was perfect.

The SSCDT boys, Jamie,John May and Rich Buckley did us proud.

I personally had one of the best nights out I have had in ages  sleep3.gif

link

:unsure: I wasn't the small room, I just wasn't quite as big as the big room :shades:

I wish I had made it. I wasnt up for driving as I am still in pain since the accident. Will see you all soon I am sure.  :lol:

Shane

ps. can we stop talking about it.  sleep3.gif   :shades:

link

Let's hope dave doesn't see this, he's already gutted that he didn't get your message in time. Especially as he said it's only a two minute detour to pick you up. :unsure:

Wish you had been there higgins, Joe's dancing was a beautiful sight and something that shouldn't have been missed. :(

kate.x

Let's hope dave doesn't see this, he's already gutted that he didn't  get your message in time. Especially as he said it's only a two minute detour to pick you up.  :unsure:

Wish you had been there higgins, Joe's dancing was a beautiful sight and something that shouldn't have been missed. :shades:

kate.x

link

==========

Have to agree about Joe's dancing, quite an unusual style, but very effective for moving anybody and anything in his way :(:lol:sleep3.gif

Winnie:-)

Its good when the floor and sound system(early doors) did not detract from a great night...If anyone's got any photos then mail me because i don't remember too much..Not really fucked but i always go into my own little world..

Big thanks to Andy BB,Nick Hackett,Hanna for sorting the London coach...Big thanks to Wendy for you're support and freindship over the last few years...And to all the rest for kind wordson my middle age status and all the great cards and pressies...Great to see Oscar up here again,top bloke..Well done Paul Sadot for a very nice debut set..Also thanks to all who came to play and drink in the Ducie...I just did not want the night to end and look forward to seeing you all soon..

Kenny Lynch... xx

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi Folks,

Regrads

Chris W

NCSC

link

Just like to add I did not mention Steve Cato in the above but as he knows I am greartful for all the leg work and brilliant job he does at our warm up at the Ducie

Regards

Chris W

another top night,hope you can sort the lighting out for the record bar chris,some of the real die-hard vinyl fiends were on hand and knees in the corridor,only real gripe for me was the dreaded students,who all seem to have attended evening class at crap dancing school ,akin to adam west,doin'the bat-oosie(is that a real word?)two of them decided to spin round cossack style and nearly knocked one guy flying grrrrh!!!!

looking forward to february Mick

another top night,hope you can sort the lighting out for the record bar chris,some of the real die-hard vinyl fiends were on hand and knees in the corridor,only real gripe for me was the dreaded students,who all seem to have attended evening class at crap dancing school ,akin to adam west,doin'the bat-oosie(is that a real word?)two of them decided to spin round cossack style and nearly knocked one guy flying grrrrh!!!!

looking forward to february Mick

link

I agree Mick, top night. I liked the crap school of dancing, you have got to start somewhere. Billy

Regrads

Chris W

NCSC

link

No problem mate, we all have these moments (i'm always a grumpy T**T at 4 in a morning and hate everything :huh::(:( ), you put on a tremendous evening and the floor never emptied now thats what i call a result.

Brett Franklin

Hi Folks,

Regrads

Chris W

NCSC

link

Chris,

It is we that sould be thanking YOU! :(

Having been forced to re-jig the night you still put on a brilliant one :huh:

The gremlins you mention were such minor things that I'm sure they didn't affect anyone's enjoyment. (could do with the lights dimming to the normal NCSC level next time though :( )

Gotta say I've enjoyed it upstairs in the past, especially wandering from one room to the other, but if they want us downstairs it won't stop me from driving up once a month for a night likr that :lol:

See you at Stoke, if not before.

Dave.

PS Wouldn't worry too much about that Brett fella if I were you :(

yeah, i am a graduate of the crap school of dancing. there's nothing wrong with students, they were obviously having a blast and didnt really get in the way.

i recently enrolled in the spin academy. thanks for the lessons billy, it was really nice meeting you :huh: . and for the dvd, i watched half of it last night. lots of great moves in there.

Let's hope dave doesn't see this, he's already gutted that he didn't  get your message in time. Especially as he said it's only a two minute detour to pick you up.  :(

Wish you had been there higgins, Joe's dancing was a beautiful sight and something that shouldn't have been missed. :D

kate.x

link

Kate, Dave has seen it :(

Did you find your jacket BTW?

but Shane, I can't find any pm from you Saturday...did you get mine re the Ayr winner :( Will pm you a different contact to avoid such probs in the future.

As for the canine dancing, I may have photographic momentos to preserve it for prosperity...might be a bit blurred though due to the sheer speed of the foot movements :(:lol:

Do you think I should post them up here? :huh::(

yeah, i am a graduate of the crap school of dancing. there's nothing wrong with students, they were obviously having a blast and didnt really get in the way.

i recently enrolled in the spin academy. thanks for the lessons billy, it was really nice meeting you  :huh: . and for the dvd, i watched half of it last night. lots of great moves in there.

link

Hi Wendy, I am not knocking students, everyone out for a good time, I like the spin academy, I shouldve introduced you to Winston across the dancefloor, he was well on form. Im glad you got back in one piece. In the dvd funtion up the juntion, the tall lad with the wig on is little Stevie.

Incase you didn't know. Hope you picked up the mag aswell.

Keep on keeping on.

Cheers Billy

Should also have said how great it was to see so many familiar faces from North and South, and Stevie...I trust it was a birthday you will remember mate :huh:

Wendy, couldn't find you to say goodbye before I left but was going to ask....did Mick play enough fast ones for you? :(

awh dave they're never really fast enough for me :lol: - and i am sure we can say our good byes another time. sadly i did my leg in on friday practising cartwheels (!) so i couldnt move properly on saturday night :(:( . will have feet-a-flame next time to the fastest tunes they'll play

billy, i know you werent knocking the students. i shall be practicing the spin technique like crazy & one of these days i will make you proud as the 1st graduate from the billy whizz spin academy :huh:

Guest Richard Bergman

awh dave they're never really fast enough for me :lol: - and i am sure we can say our good byes another time. sadly i did my leg in on friday practising cartwheels (!) so i couldnt move properly on saturday night :(:( . will have feet-a-flame next time to the fastest tunes they'll play

billy, i know you werent knocking the students. i shall be practicing the spin technique like crazy & one of these days i will make you proud as the 1st graduate from the billy whizz spin academy :huh:

link

Wendy , do you remember two men throwing you down the fire escape , naughty boys .

Kate, Dave has seen it  :(  

but Shane, I can't find any pm from you Saturday...did you get mine re the Ayr winner :(   Will pm you a different contact to avoid such probs in the future.

As for the canine dancing, I may have photographic momentos to preserve it for prosperity...might be a bit blurred though due to the sheer speed of the foot movements :(   :(

Do you think I should post them up here? :huh:   :lol:

link

hi dave. i did send you a pm and i also didnt get the ayr winner :D

I have been having a few problems with my pm boxes. nevermind. onwards and upwards mate.

Shane

hahaha - little richard - if only you'd just tried to throw me down the fire escape once. it happened twice. and steve picked me up n turned me upsite down. you n matt bolton tried to bash me through a door & there was more! i dunno why anyone that knows me feels its appropriate to throw me over their shoulder :huh:

[we did'nt arrive till around 2ish,but the atmosphere that greeted us was second to none.was a little confused at first with it being downstairs but soon got into the swing of things.the dance floor was;nt the best but it did'nt stop me having a fantastic night,my legs had turned to lead by 6.3oish danced that much.loved the music all night ,so well done to the dj's got bite marks on my arms thanks to marcelle hope she got over the shock of me biting her mid dance.got to put a few faces to some of the names on the site ,so hello to you's.looking forward to the next one.and i must say i think the move downstairs was for the better ,it made more atmospheric. :huh:

Chris you are forgiven for everything except Brett, sorry but as a member of his stalking team we may have to punish you at a later date for this!

Brilliant all round night for me, only slightly marred by Blodwin's lack of apperance (JT) still revenge is so much fun dontyafink?

paul b - hiya! i was under the impression i was coming round your gaff after the nighter. at least someone invited me round there, though i dont think you did :huh:

everyone disappeared so quick afte the niter...

link

Hey you! Where in blazes did you get to?? I did about 6 laps around the room looking for you - I even sneaked my head around around the ladies toilets door and shouted in there - had you fallen down another fire escape??

Thought you must have had a better offer to crash for a bit before you went for the plane!

Going back to Chris' post, considering what had happened through the week AND on the night, I think it can be considered a success.

A big thanks for taking a risk on Rich & Myself (John May was money in bank) hope we didn't let you down.

I'm also thinking of changing my stage name to Norman Collier, so if I have any problems with the mic in future, they'll think it's part of the act!!!!

So many familiar faces, and a pleasure to put faces to a lot of names I knew. It'd be like a Gwyneth Paltrow acceptance speech if I listed everyone I spoke to.

Thinking about it, it's probably the least I've danced in ages - just too many people to speak to!!!

Top night, Top Venue AND most importantly, Top People.

Kate, Dave has seen it  :(  

but Shane, I can't find any pm from you Saturday...did you get mine re the Ayr winner :huh:   Will pm you a different contact to avoid such probs in the future.

As for the canine dancing, I may have photographic momentos to preserve it for prosperity...might be a bit blurred though due to the sheer speed of the foot movements :(   :(

Do you think I should post them up here? :(   :D

link

Yes I managed to get my jacket back cheers :lol: Some kind soul had handed it in to the ticket desk.

Oh and I got the photo you sent me as well. What a poser! :(:(

Any news on the drinking competition?

My likkle bruv went up on the coach from London. I havent heard from him since.  :(

link

Hi ya Mike, I did bump into Mark at the beginning of the night, so he was there, but didnt see him after that x :huh:

Guest James Trouble

Chris you are forgiven for everything except Brett, sorry but as a member of his stalking team we may have to punish you at a later date for this!

Brilliant all round night for me, only slightly marred by Blodwin's lack of apperance  (JT)  still revenge is so much fun dontyafink?

link

Would you please stop implyng that I have anything to do with your stupid toy! Do you really think I have time or space in my life for silly games and stuffed animal heads on sticks?!?!?!?! ranting_1.gif

I missed you to sis'! :wub:

,only real gripe for me was the dreaded students,who all seem to have attended evening class at crap dancing school ,akin to adam west,doin'the bat-oosie(is that a real word?)two of them decided to spin round cossack style and nearly knocked one guy flying grrrrh!!!!

link

Think thats a bit of an unfair comment.

I spoke to those lads and they really did like the music. They were listening to richard searlings show and just started buying northern cd's. Think their dads had been into it so they were brought up on it.

They did dick about on the floor once, but i told them it wouldn't go down too well and they stopped straight away.

It was their first allnighter and they loved it and were asking about other nights in the area.

Why should it matter if you can/cant dance. Everyone has their own style and the most important thing is that everyone enjoys themselves!

hurrah for paul b - the voice of reason! i thought it was sweet how they all danced in a circle together & I meant to go up and give them a cheery hello, but was too busy gabbing to other folk

jamie - i dunno where i went on sunday morning - went to the ladies around 6.40am for reconstruction work on my face so i'd look presentable at the airport. came back out when the music ended at about 7.05 & everyone was gone! i felt like the most orphaned girl ever. but chris & paul sadot came to the rescue. next time dont leave me! soobbbb. it was dark out & the streets looked frightening. thanks for looking for me though, shout louder next time...

I had a word with them yougsters and they had a really nice time...I said i would invite them out to some other nights and they can see if its for them...Like Paul B we need some young blood to come along(as long as they learn the rules)...Some think i was talking to them because i could meet fit young student girls,do you really think that would cross my mind...I think the crowd in genral was the youngest yet at new century,it did help with the coach from London(most of them are younger than the average soulie)...I had 3 younger freinds along for there first night all-niter and they had a blast...This is why i put on smaller events in bars around Manchester..People can come along and if they get into the music then we can take them to an all-niter...We all had to start somewhere..

Guest Andy BB

HOW DARE YOU apologise!

Just got in from Soul in The City and everyone who came up insisted that the next coach trip we do is to a NCSC venue.

Thanks for making us all feel so incredibly welcome. You're absolutely top notch! You may live on a diet of pies, bitter and mushy peas but you're God's Own.

This is what the Soul scene is all about, and amen to that.

cheers.

BB