Pete S

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Awake 502

Sorry it's a big file, didn't know how to edit it.

Sounds like someone's voice speeded up to me.

link

Well it certainly ain't Denise Lasalle

Sounds like Levine and Venicia Wilson have been at it again :huh:

Social source share

I figured it out. Someone took the regular old Billy Butler "Right Track" and ran it through a sound program where you can change the pitch without changing the tempo. They basically pitched it up about an octave higher to fake a female vocalist.

Hippo-LOVED that alternate vocal to "You Can Split"! I'd love to know more about that and get a high-quality MP3 of that one. Great stuff!

Pete-Hope that answers your question.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

I figured it out. Someone took the regular old Billy Butler "Right Track" and ran it through a sound program where you can change the pitch without changing the tempo. They basically pitched it up about an octave higher to fake a female vocalist.

link

Wow, never heard of this program, any idea what it's called shhh.gif

Social source share

This opens up a whole new world of exclusive one-offs and instrumentals. Remember the 70s when rumour had it that Soussan had a machine to wipe the vocals off records? when he really had got hold of the backing tracks. Could this be the new big discussion thread?

When is someone going to do the Les Dawson Instrumental!?

I once played "People That's Why" by Pinky & Perky- great dancer, better than Idle Few. Was actually PJ Proby off the Enigma LP played at 45. That was the limit of my sound manipulation. I couldn't figure out who to cover the Sapphires Gonna Be A big Thing played at 33 up as! whistling.gif

Edited by Paul r
Social source share

Pete, I'm on a MacIntosh platform, so the program that I've used is SoundEdit 16. It's just a down and dirty little sound editing program. Nothing too advanced. When you're in that program, just highlight the entire sound wave and add the effect. Dead easy, but the quality diminishes slightly if you go to extremes.

I presonally think Buster and Eddie "Can't Be Still" is just a hair too slow. Would like to get a decent recording of that to play around with. I don't have the record and it's only available on one crappy Belgian CD. plus other soundfiles I've downloaded sound terrible, too.

Don't know if your Mac or PC, so I hope you find a suitable sounding editing program that will do what you want it to do.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!