Any Mac Users Out There?

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Hi

I run an iMac with OSX and explorer.

When I go to the 'sounds' section of SS and click on the MP3 icon for one of the tunes e.g. Fred and Turbines, a new window opens, with a player, but nothing comes out, or appears to download to it. Furthermore, I can't click and drag to get a menu box option to 'download link to disc', or rather I can, but again nothing happens!

Anyone got any suggestions on what to do, or how to get round this?? I have itunes, quicktime, and windows media player installed, but nothing seems to work! :huh: HELP!! :angry:

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

Have you downloads from other sites? obvious things like hard-drive space?

link

Downloads from KTF etc work fine, also downloads from posts within the SS site work ok, just stuff from the 'sounds' section of the site wont work. Can't get 'download file to disc' properly. instead of the mp3 file downloading, it downloads file of the page, or the mp3 avatar, but not the music. can't work this one out at all!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

definatly!

Will have to put the 'mac boffins' at Jo's work onto this, see what they can do. Might be a quicktime thing but I doubt it, have tried most things within that already :angry:

Thanks for the input tho' Tony!

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Hi

I run an iMac with OSX and explorer.

When I go to the 'sounds' section of SS and click on the MP3 icon for one of the tunes e.g. Fred and Turbines, a new window opens, with a player, but nothing comes out, or appears to download to it. Furthermore, I can't click and drag to get a menu box option to 'download link to disc', or rather I can, but again nothing happens!

Anyone got any suggestions on what to do, or how to get round this?? I have itunes, quicktime, and windows media player installed, but nothing seems to work! whistling.gif   HELP!! :angry:

link

Hi Trev,

I run the same system/software as your good self and I've had the same problem. OK, it might be that I'm a techno thickie and I've only had this Imac 3 months so I'm still on a huge learning curve (my previous machine was bought in 96 so I've loads to learn!) :D

I did download a track from one of the forum (Never Learned to dance Harvey Averne Dozen 4) and it's appeared on my desktop as a Quicktime Movie. Any advice how I can convert it to an Itune?? :thumbsup:

Cheers

Social source share

Hi Trev,

I run the same system/software as your good self and I've had the same problem. OK, it might be that I'm a techno thickie and I've only had this Imac 3 months so I'm still on a huge learning curve (my previous machine was bought in 96 so I've loads to learn!) :thumbsup:

I did download a track from one of the forum (Never Learned to dance Harvey Averne Dozen 4) and it's appeared on my desktop as a Quicktime Movie. Any advice how I can convert it to an Itune?? whistling.gif

Cheers

link

Further to my previous post, have just been into the sounds section and yes, I can get the tunes to play, but try as I might, I can't download any. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hi Trev,

I run the same system/software as your good self and I've had the same problem. OK, it might be that I'm a techno thickie and I've only had this Imac 3 months so I'm still on a huge learning curve (my previous machine was bought in 96 so I've loads to learn!) :lol:

I did download a track from one of the forum (Never Learned to dance Harvey Averne Dozen 4) and it's appeared on my desktop as a Quicktime Movie. Any advice how I can convert it to an Itune?? blush.gif

Cheers

link

go to - https://www.rogueamoeba.com/

Download the free "Audio Highjack" programme. Simple to use, it will convert realplayer, etc files into MP3 for iTunes :thumbsup:

Also, go into iTunes preferences and set "Use iTunes for internet music playback" Some things drop in automaticaly.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

go to - https://www.rogueamoeba.com/

Download the free "Audio Highjack" programme. Simple to use, it will convert realplayer, etc files into MP3 for iTunes :D

Also, go into iTunes preferences and set "Use iTunes for internet music playback" Some things drop in automaticaly.

Hope this helps :D

link

Cheers Mate! :wicked:

I'll give that a go and report results. Just one thing more......I lost Never Learned to dance Harvey Averne Dozen 4 and need to re-download it.........any idea where it is?? :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!