Peterborough All-nighter 23rd

SATURDAY 23rd JUNE Another fantastic night at PETERBOROUGH RUGBY CLUB, SECOND DROVE, FENGATE, PETERBOROUGH,PE1 5XA, 8pm-7am. come and see what every one is raving about with TWO ROOMS OF SOUL with some of the countrys best NORTHERN SOUL DANCE DJs

ROOM1 . GINGER TAYLOR, CARL FORTNUM, ROB SMITH, TONY WARROT, ANTON LUDWIG, KIETH WILLCOX, MICK COOPER, MELLERS, DAVE REED

ROOM2 SOUL SAM, CARL FORTNUM,MOLLY, KEV LAWS, STERVE JAY, MICK COOPER.

also record bar, merchandising video screen and cheap drinks at the bar.

11 HOURS OF BLISS what more could you want

• Replies 67
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just been spreaking with the promoter and he has asked me to put my P.A. into the Modern Room where I will also be DJing so that he can keep back a spare P.A. in case the unthikable happened again!!

Looking forward to this and Im so pleased that Dave has asked me to work for him at his future events as well.

Steve Jay

Well who's going? we will be getting in to Peterborough early in the afternoon for a bit of r&r before a night of sillyness :thumbsup:

oh Anton, I always knew your taste in tunes was questionable, but rock and roll is taking it too far :thumbsup:

Guest Bearsy

Tha more bollocks talked the better, anyone taking themselves too seriousley will be shot or subjected to an hour with Dave. :P

Sounds like a place for me, i always talk bollocks,

Anton is it far from TOTS. Luton.

i might see if my boys want to make the extra trip to pboro.

Bearsy

Guest outonthefloor

Sounds like a place for me, i always talk bollocks,

Anton is it far from TOTS. Luton.

i might see if my boys want to make the extra trip to pboro.

Bearsy

We're going after TOTS. Mark recons it ll take about an hour maybe hour and a half to get there.

I've got room in my car for a couple if you want. Sounds like a brilliant combination...Classic Northern soul with the Grimsby town master then on to Peterborough for round two.

See you there,

Helen

XXXX

Spoke to Dave / DSC - last week, he's already sent 80 + new memberships off - sounds like the place is going to be Buzzing what with the Luton crowd coming over to join in - I know some are coming over from Skeggy - with Soul Sam - get E'm packed in and sweaty !!!!! :thumbsup:

PS - Just rang DSC you can get memberships on the door, but if your worried give em a bell and get your name down.

www.dedicatedsoulclub.com - for details

Dezo

Guest StefMalajny

Went to the first one and was blown away,it was high energy stuff, Wigan throw back time in the oldies room just brilliant, and cus Dave invested in such a huge line up of A list jocks they held the crowd there all night.

And at Daves dos there is allways an extra bevy of beatiful ladies who I am told cant resist him (bonus for the lads)

If you do get there early check out the City Club were Dave is joining forces with the EASC on July 7th for a big Alldayer and on August 24th when we have Dean Parrish flying in from the States, theres a lovely relaxing lounge, nice beer garden with Real Ales and some tasty soul on the sound system.

Infact if enough of you are coming early will get Coops to strike the decks up.

Guest gibber

Still a bit concerned about how to get to Peterboro' after Luton, with the M1 being shut etc...

Dont go up the M1 . Go through Hitchin 602 to stevenage . A1m to peterborough . take about 2 hours on a normal day but that time of night, not keeping to the speed limits :lol: take just over an hour Or go up the A6 to bedford then the A421 onto the A1

Hope it helps

Edited by gibber
Guest clanger v2

City bar it is then, we will be down there about 2pm, and will be send out texts for the guys to meet there, whats the food like? :shades:

Like you're going to have an appetite :thumbsup:

I think I'll start talking bollocks early then.......City Bar it is :lol:

Guest partytimegirl

Yes looking forward to Sat night,after having a weekend off, the last one was really good.

Should be a great night,with one of my favorite djs on Soul Sam

Be great to see Debs and Flanny after their holiday on the cruise ship, Dave and Steph and if Mr McCabe comes as well i will be shocked!! :thumbsup: Neil and Dolly will be along after he has played his tunes at Talk of the South so it should be a full house :lol:

Guest Trifle

Oh Gwon then. :thumbsup:

I'll be there if this novacaine ever wears off my face. blink.gif In fact, he injected so much that, when I got home, I plucked my eyebrows and didn't feel a thing.

Be good to see the Stortford Posse... long time no.

And it does not no way take 2 hours to get to Peterborough from Stevenage :thumbsup:

Unless you're going by scooter??

Dont go up the M1 . Go through Hitchin 602 to stevenage . A1m to peterborough . take about 2 hours on a normal day but that time of night, not keeping to the speed limits :thumbsup: take just over an hour Or go up the A6 to bedford then the A421 onto the A1

Hope it helps

Its not the A602.....it is the A505 from Luton into Hitchin which runs onto the A1M go NORTH BOUND and Peterboro' is about 3/4 hour up the A1M.

this is not a pop at anyone ...i just dont want to see any soul peeps going on the wrong road and getting lost etc.

So its out of TOTS onto A505 towards Hitchin follow it thru' till you hit the A1M then go NORTH.

hope this helps...i will be going on to Peterboro' after TOTS so if anyone wants directions come and say hi at TOTS i will be glad to assist you with easy directions etc..

Guest gibber

Its not the A602.....it is the A505 from Luton into Hitchin which runs onto the A1M go NORTH BOUND and Peterboro' is about 3/4 hour up the A1M.

this is not a pop at anyone ...i just dont want to see any soul peeps going on the wrong road and getting lost etc.

So its out of TOTS onto A505 towards Hitchin follow it thru' till you hit the A1M then go NORTH.

hope this helps...i will be going on to Peterboro' after TOTS so if anyone wants directions come and say hi at TOTS i will be glad to assist you with easy directions etc..

No offence taken, sorry Toby . i thought it was 602 .when i go to TOTS coming from Huntingdon I just follow the signs to the Luton airport from the A1M.

No offence taken, sorry Toby . i thought it was 602 .when i go to TOTS coming from Huntingdon I just follow the signs to the Luton airport from the A1M.

No problems,as you are from the frozen north(anywhere north of Baldock is the frozen north)you are forgiven by every soul sourcer who may be going to both events.

hope to see you at TOTS first then at Peterboro'.

toodle pip see you lot on Saturday then..

Guest gibber

And at Daves dos there is allways an extra bevy of beatiful ladies who I am told cant resist him (bonus for the lads)

....beautiful ladies huh? well i'm through with men so i might pop down..... :thumbsup:

Its been a while , be great to see you again on saturday, are you and billy going to lifeline ?

Its been a while , be great to see you again on saturday, are you and billy going to lifeline ?

cheers Benny, look forward to seeing you too :sleep3:

no lifeline for me this time, to be honest it wasnt quite my cup of tea - i'm just too darn hip now as Mark would say boxing.gif plus i shall be sunning myself in menorca. i'll pour myself another martini and think of you guys on that sweaty dancefloor. xxx

Guest StefMalajny

City bar it is then, we will be down there about 2pm, and will be send out texts for the guys to meet there, whats the food like? :sleep3:

Really nice

Burgers, Tappas thru to al a carte, something for everyone, The owner Steve is a soulie and he is gonna change the name to the Mojo club, as I said nice bars beer courtyard luxury lounge, just one heck of a nice place,Dave might pop down for chat, so we might see is hareem in tow.(he`s paying me good money for this biggin up bit)

Tha more bollocks talked the better, anyone taking themselves too seriousley will be shot or subjected to an hour with Dave. :sleep3:

we spent a whole weekend with dave and took him to the morecambe allniter last bank holiday.. couldnt meet a nicer bloke but boy can he talk no.gif anyway just wanted to say hi and looking forward to the music tho prob be on my own this time all the way from bournemouth anyway save me a bit of dancefloor on the 23rd

seeya sean..

Whats the music policy for both rooms please?

Modern in the modern room I'd guess. I arxed Dave about what sounds in main room and he said in point 8th of a second "oldies" ...

With those top jocks, should be a blinder anyway you slice it.

Edited by Simsy

Sod directions Toby, I'm following you mate! yes.gif

Modern in the modern room I'd guess. I arxed Dave about what sounds in main room and he said in point 8th of a second "oldies" ...

With those top jocks, should be a blinder anyway you slice it.

Yeah but is it typical old oldies or the better oldies like in petes thread, you know what i mean?

Though i read befor the other room was 60's/crossover and modern?

Guest clanger v2

See flyer on post#4 'Oldies & Dancefloor monsters'...

I'm not going if there's monsters there......they might be a bit bitey unsure.gif

Guest StefMalajny

....beautiful ladies huh? well i'm through with men so i might pop down..... :no:

One more beatiful lass will always be welcome thumbsup.gif

Guest StefMalajny

Tapas (one 'p' please Stef) eh?

That should be interesting.

What kind will you be serving, the classic San Sebastian style pintxo, or something a little more humble perhaps, like ensaladilla or tortilla?

M

no no Macky, these are Tappas a new Spanish dish knocked up by the Geordie chef rolleyes.gif

Edited by StefMalajny

Yeah but is it typical old oldies or the better oldies like in petes thread, you know what i mean?

Ooh Baz,

You naughty boy you, that's a bit controversial, & you a moderator, wash your mouth out with soap & stand in that corner till lunch. :shhh:

Heard very good reports about this venue & will get there when prior engagements allow, at Skeggy mini dayer this time so at least we won't miss Sam but it looks like we'll miss a good line up. We would have liked to do Luton first like a lot of you if we'd have gone, just because Seans a Top Man. So looks like we'll miss you again Tracy, Neil & Dolly, Flanny & Deb, Mike & Jan, so Tear up the dance floor for me Mike. :wicked: :dance:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :thumbsup:

Edited by spot

Have a good one DR however due to the Dkof night in Peterborough on Friday 22nd I will still be in bed come 8pm Saturday and as i don't do IT anymore I'll give it a miss.

Nice to see all-nighters back in The Boro... :thumbsup:

SATURDAY 23rd JUNE Another fantastic night at PETERBOROUGH RUGBY CLUB, SECOND DROVE, FENGATE, PETERBOROUGH,PE1 5XA, 8pm-7am. come and see what every one is raving about with TWO ROOMS OF SOUL with some of the countrys best NORTHERN SOUL DANCE DJs

ROOM1 . GINGER TAYLOR, CARL FORTNUM, ROB SMITH, TONY WARROT, ANTON LUDWIG, KIETH WILLCOX, MICK COOPER, MELLERS, DAVE REED

ROOM2 SOUL SAM, CARL FORTNUM,MOLLY, KEV LAWS, STERVE JAY, MICK COOPER.

also record bar, merchandising video screen and cheap drinks at the bar.

11 HOURS OF BLISS what more could you want

The Modern Room is 60s and 70s Crossover and Modern and last time it prved to be a very good mix so should work well agin this time as well, hope this helps Baz .

Steve

Guest kev such

May have to check me diary to see if i have a window. Nah, i'll be there, if only to keep me trusty sidekick Mellers on the straight and narrow.

See ya Saturday

Kev

Edited by kev such
Guest dedicatedsoul

Looks like it going to be a corker! thanks to all that are coming in advance, Kirsty when Anton said r and r he meant, rocking in his rocking chair, with his carer Nicky close by! Simsy has his original dedicated soul club membership from 1981 which he is going to bring with him saturday, he will receive a red star for time served!! Just like to say a big thankyou to Keith Willcox, for all his help and support over the years, has been with the club since we started back in 1981, and is dedicated soul club top resident dj.

See you all for a cracking night Saturday

Laters

Dave Reed

PETERBOROUGH ALL-NIGHTER FULL ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Spoke to GINGER / SOUL

SAM / ROB SMITH / CARL FORTNUM / MOLLY / TONY WAROT / STEVE JAY / KEV LAWS and

all the supporting DJ line up ALL have confirmed THEY WILL be there - less than

24 hours to go - get off your face and down there later Denzo

Just had a phone call from some of the Scooter Soulie's - theres a couple who are going to pop down later on in the night, after the local PLVS club do - I understand through Dave DSC - that no memebership is required (join on the night) - open door - get in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later Denzo :huh:

Guest dedicatedsoul

May have to check me diary to see if i have a window. Nah, i'll be there, if only to keep me trusty sidekick Mellers on the straight and narrow.

See ya Saturday

Kev

Kev glad your coming, so you have the job of looking after mellow, who is a sound geezer, by the way mellow alldayer is on 30 june.

See you sat Dave