Billywhizz

• Replies 36
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Info on the smallest man in the world by Black Eye Peas mid tempo is it rare never heard it at a Soul Venu I thinks it's late 60's info appreciate.Billy

link

'Smallest Man Alive' on Ultra City.. not sure about rarity, Manship has one for £150. Heard it out a few times. :huh:

Edited by rachel
Social source share

'Smallest Man Alive' on Ultra City.. not sure about rarity, Manship has one for £150. Heard it out a few times.  :huh:

link

Rachel

Ali's got my old copy - dunno about £150 though. I got it and sold it for about £75.

Hammy

Social source share

'Smallest Man Alive' on Ultra City.. not sure about rarity, Manship has one for £150. Heard it out a few times.  :huh:

link

great record!

how many other records can manage to include 'the leaning tower of pisa' in the lyrics? :(

Shane

Social source share

great record!

how many other records can manage to include 'the leaning tower of pisa' in the lyrics?  :huh:

Shane

link

It is a great record, heard it for the first time on sunday, for some reason I can't seem to stop singing it now.

Social source share

Smallest Man Alive on Ultra City.  £150ish.  Old Stafford spin.  Will post a sound file in media section.

link

Dave Thorley my notes say - could be wrong about who played it first.

Also, sure it's a 70s record (1970) - although sounds earlier. Not sure if I took a label scan when I flogged it.

Hammy

Social source share

Dave Thorley my notes say - could be wrong about who played it first.

Also, sure it's a 70s record (1970) - although sounds earlier. Not sure if I took a label scan when I flogged it.

Hammy

link

I was told it was a Dave Thorley play.Does anyone know of any DJ's likely to have it in their play box ?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Smallest Man Alive on Ultra City.  £150ish.  Old Stafford spin.  Will post a sound file in media section.

link

MISHEARD LYRIC

I would always sing to myself, 'Strongest man alive' ranting_1.gif

must be that RnB type riff putting me off

Social source share

Martin Thomson certainly used to spin it at Shoes, don't know if he's still got it.

link

According to some C.d notes I have on the track,

The Black eyed peas, a group comprising largely of ex-members of Th Del-Vikings doo-wop group.....Corinthian 'Kripps' Johnson, Ritzy Lee and Billy Woodruff plus John Byas.

Social source share

Martin Thomson certainly used to spin it at Shoes, don't know if he's still got it.

link

I first heard it courtesy of Irish Greg who used to play it but I understand it was originally Dave Thorley who discovered it. Used to clear the floor regularly at TOS and SITC and I eventually sold my copy but then bought another one a year later. Continued to clear the floor with that one and sold that copy as well in the end!

Personally I really like it, but it does seem to get a lot of people's backs up for some reason (in fact, one friend of mine regularly cites it as being among his most hated records ever for some reason ranting_1.gif )

I would have thought it could become an indemand tune for funk/soul minded people given the chance and I seem to remember it being from either '71 or '73 or thereabouts?

Martin

Social source share

I was told it was a Dave Thorley play.Does anyone know of any DJ's likely to have it in their play box ?

link

Karen, kev feathers got it, according to Paul. £150 i think is the asking price. you've got his number give him a ring, see what he says. Ill see him saturday anyway. You have got something about small men. lol

Billy

Social source share

Karen, kev feathers got it, according to Paul. £150 i think is the asking price. you've got his number give him a ring, see what he says. Ill see him saturday anyway. You have got something about small men. lol

Billy

link

Its way to expensive for me Billy, maybe I should find a sugar daddy? ranting_1.gif

Social source share

No, she just wants it very very badly and I thought it would be a nice thing for you to do  :wub:

link

don't do nice, sorry ranting_1.gif:wub::wub:

I don't like it either it was a present :)

Social source share

Rather Good IMHO.

Far better than some of the stuff being touted for huge sums these days,I mean,at least it has a 'traditional' Northern beat & passable vocals.

Meaningfull lyrics too shhh.gif ........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!