Record Shops Around Florida

soulster22

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Miami also has a flee market, but I agree if you are in or around Orlando the chances are slim of finding a shop that even sells vinyl. I am going in May, if you have any luck post the result.

I think one prominent Northern Soul DJ rents out a villa over there, maybe he has a few tunes to keep him company, you could rob them if you get his address.

Ed

Social source share

Miami also has a flee market, but I agree if you are in or around Orlando the chances are slim of finding a shop that even sells vinyl. I am going in May, if you have any luck post the result.

I think one prominent Northern Soul DJ rents out a villa over there, maybe he has a few tunes to keep him company, you could rob them if you get his address.

Ed

link

I think Russ Winstanley has an uncle down there, who gets him all the good sounds... shhh.gif:wub::):wub:

Social source share

I think Russ Winstanley has an uncle down there, who gets him all the good sounds... whistling.gif   :wicked:   :shhh:   :lol:

link

There is a good record shop on NORTH ORANGE AVENUE,ORLANDO its called vinyl heaven loads of cheapies in the store you wont find rare stuff its been picked through a good few times.the shop sits back in a parade on the left hand side of road as you go up N Orange Ave.dont be put off as your driving the road splits in 2 just keep going on the Right fork,its way past the downtown area..also a good one is at West Melbourne on the coast ,go past cape canaveral its signposted the shop is on the main drag through town.got some bits out of there 2 years ago.also pick up yellow pages for ST Petes on gulf coast there is a warehouse containing over 1 million records,you have to phone up when there & make an app to get in i never did the Mrs wouldnt let me,she gets pissed of waiting outside. Good Luck..

Social source share

You just missed the Orlando Record Fair. (It was crap anyway!) :angry: :angry:

You can get EVERY Floridian Record Shop that sells vinyl here:

www.vinylrecordguide.com

Even though I live here, I'm happy to post the record shops mate........You'll be lucky to still find a couple of Ric Tic issues nowadays! :lol:wink.gif

Bananas is the wharehouse referred to in the earlier post. Worth a look but they use the "guide" prices nowadays. :wicked::wicked:

Good luck anyway mate.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

.got some bits out of there 2 years ago.also pick up yellow pages for ST Petes on gulf coast there is a warehouse containing over 1 million records,you have to phone up when there & make an app to get in

That will be Bananas, I think everyone has been in there, had some great stuff late 80's but probably the first place people go.

Social source share

.got some bits out of there 2 years ago.also pick up yellow pages for ST Petes on gulf coast there is a warehouse containing over 1 million records,you have to phone up when there & make an app to get in

That will be Bananas, I think everyone has been in there, had some great stuff late 80's but probably the first place people go.

link

Thanks to everybody for the advice.I don,t think that i,ll bother hunting now :wicked:
Social source share

link

yeah, i went there a few years ago. Soon as you walk in you get the feeling that the place has been pillaged. And just far too many records...i bought about 6 records and that was just to show i had something for my 6 hours in there.

If you go look through any records that he hasnt been through and put away yet.

Social source share

There is a good record shop on NORTH ORANGE AVENUE,ORLANDO its called vinyl heaven loads of cheapies in the store you wont find rare stuff its been picked through a good few times.the shop sits back in a parade on the left hand side of road as you go up N Orange Ave.dont be put off as your driving the road splits in 2 just keep going on the Right fork,its way past the downtown area..also a good one is at West Melbourne on the coast ,go past cape canaveral its signposted the shop is on the main drag through town.got some bits out of there 2 years ago.also pick up yellow pages for ST Petes on gulf coast there is a warehouse containing over 1 million records,you have to phone up when there & make an app to get in i never did the Mrs wouldnt let me,she gets pissed of waiting outside. Good Luck..

link

Your time would be better spent in Universal Studios, the above has been cleared out many times over the years as has Bananas in st Petes.

Better to look in Discoveries or Goldmine & find people selling in the area & give them a visit.

Other good way is to search EBay for sellers in the area you are going, see what they have for sale, if it looks like they may have quantities of 45s arrange to give them a visit.

The above has worked well for me over the years.

Ian

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

A bit of a maybe this one but theres a guy on the beach area on the main aux rd that runsadjacent to the beach rd prob 2/3 miles outside centre, south, called Jack Howard. He used to have a shop there selling entirely 8 track carts. Downstairs though used to be crammed full of 45's. Dont know of anyone seeing him lately.

He's a right prick but ive been three times, the last 12 years ago, each time highly delighted wishing id bought more than the two and a half thou each time. Dont even know if hes still alive, one thing is he was too tight to sell the lot, he'd rather rot with it and charge mugs like me $2 a time. As far as 8 tr5acks, he boasted he got a million in stock, p-lus others in storage. Might be worth trying to find him.

If not the phone book then its hit and miss as i couldn,t ever remember where a thing was once i'd finished shopping.

Ft Laud main shopping Mall has another vinyl dealer, but pricey now i'll bet?

Good luck.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!