Almwch

Guest NASHEE

Guest NASHEE

Just starting to recover from last nights escapade. I have to admit that I was more than a little sad that we had to miss 'NO MORE DOGGIN'

I have always bemoaned people who talk of how great such and such a venue is....How they love to go somewhere and hear new tunes, where DJ's kick off the restraints regarding what is and isn't acceptable....Then when the night is on...they're conspicuous by their absence.

Sadly last night...I was one of these people. Sorry Kev petal.

We rely on lifts to venues as I am a driver....who detests driving.

Bob Morris bless him, comes to the rescue and ferries us about from venue to venue, and as we have very much the same taste....there is very rarely any conflict, but alas...last night was different, and off we toddled to Almwch.

The place is brill...A one roomer...and what a great size room...in the words of Goldilocks...not too big...not to small...but just right.biggrin.gif

Lots of faces there that I'd not seen for ages, lots of hugs...loves and laughs.

Lots of great music played....a superb mix of known, semi known & from where I was standing....there didn't seem to be anyone who wasn't having a good time.

Spots that stood out for me...messers Mace, Sardot & Thomas....Jeez at one point, I even took to the floor myself for half an hour, a miracle in it's own right...as normally, I'm a listener, a writer down and an asker of questions I suffer from an incurable condition that prevents any of the rhythm I feel in my soul, being transfered to my feetlaugh.gifand can only very rarely be found shaking my ass on the dancefloor. Believe me, this spectacle is not for the faint hearted.

It was great to see my friend Ray and his mates from Ireland once again...I do hope he and all my other helpless victims have recovered from the effects of my insessant verballing and have all returned safely to the peace and quiet of their homes.

Ahh I do have one request....Could we nicotine addicts have music piped out to the carpark next time pleaseohmy.gif

Nashee xxxx

Edited by NASHEE
  • Replies 28
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Garethwyn66

Just starting to recover from last nights escapadeI have to admit that I was more than a little sad that we had to miss 'NO MORE DOGGIN'

I have always bemoaned people who talk of how great such and such a venue is....How they love to go somewhere and hear new tunes, where DJ's kick off the restraints regarding what is and isn't acceptable....Then when the night is on...they're conspicuous by their absence.

Bob Morris bless him, comes to the rescue and ferries us about from venue to venue, and as we have very much the same taste....there is very rarely any conflict, but alas...last night was different, and off we toddled to Almwch.

The place is brill...A one roomer...and what a great size room...in the words of Goldilocks...not too big...not to small...but just right.biggrin.gif

Lots of faces there that I'd not seen for ages, lots of hugs...loves and laughs.

Lots of great music played....a superb mix of known, semi known & from where I was standing....there didn't seem to be anyone who wasn't having a good time.

Spots that stood out for me...messers Mace, Sardot & Thomas....Jeez at one point, I even took to the floor myself for half an hour, a miracle in it's own right...as normally, I'm a listener, a writer down and an asker of questions I suffer from an incurable condition that prevents any of the rhythm I feel in my soul, being transfered to my feetlaugh.gifand can only very rarely be found shaking my ass on the dancefloor. Believe me, this spectacle is not for the faint hearted.

It was great to see my friend Ray and his mates from Ireland once again...I do hope he and all my other helpless victims have recovered from the effects of my insessant verballing and have all returned safely to the peace and quiet of their homes.

Ahh I do have one request....Could we nicotine addicts have music piped out to the carpark next time pleaseohmy.gif

Nashee xxxx

Glad you had a ball, next time we should have a burger and coffee van outside and we will make an effort to get a speaker outside for all the smokies outside ... HOPE EVERYBODY GOT HOME SAFELY..

SEE YOU ALL NEXT TIME

GAGS thumbsup.gif

Had a top night.....loved the venue, music and company... :thumbsup:

On the beer from just after 6 p.m in Wazz's car, till about 4.30 a.m. in the morning when I flaked out for an hour or so (lightweight that I am) but managed to return for the last few hours and even managed to win the Pogo stick that Jumpin' Joan donated to the raffle...( gotta be some sort of company promotional branding in there somewhere :lol: )

Crowd seemed well up for it, especially the latin stuff....

Many thanks to Steve Thomas & co for asking me to spin a few, Wazz & Lorraine for the lift, Mike the Bike for singing the first line or so of Dena Barnes repeatedly all the way there in the car :huh: (can some f*cker please supply him with the full lyrics.... :lol: )

Also got to mention, got one or three pints bought for me by Chris Waterman last night :shhh:

He must be after something....... :shades:

Quality night lads... :lol:

There you go then....isn't it... :D

Just starting to recover from last nights escapadeI have to admit that I was more than a little sad that we had to miss 'NO MORE DOGGIN'

Nashee xxxx

Thanks Linda glad you and Ted had good nite and it was worth the drive!

big thanks to Mace , Wazz ,Paul Sadot,little Scotty, & killa :lol: hope you all got home OK??

top spots bye all the DJ`s agreat nite had by all dance floor full most of the nite, lots off travelers from all over London,Reddicth,wigan ,Manchester ....even Aberdeen , and Danny and the dubs on his 50Th !! also thanks to Dave & Sharon on the door ,gags & jimbo and all other helper , lyd and the kids for balloons party poppers and all the stuff that made the nite party nite

best

Steve T :thumbsup::shhh::shades:

Edited by steve thomas
Guest Scarborosoul

First time at this venue, superb what a night music policy brilliant got to mention spots by Mace, steve and scotty&killa some great stuff played. I was still on the dance floor when the last record played was the Valentinos Sweeter than the.... Thanks to Dave & Shirley for the company! to Chris & Marcelle for being themselves. Nice to meet the guys from Dublin and having a sensible conversation with Toad and to Steve Thomas for showing me where to fish even though i cought nowt!!

Guest Marcelle

Ditto to all that has already been said ..... (as most if not all, already know I just love this venue I wont bore you with my bias opinion again)

It is always a pleasure to travel YES even with Chris & Cruise Man :wicked: as companions NOT that many miles when you know your going to be in for party.

WE (as in the royal WE laugh.gif ) decided as a treat to book into a Hotel for the Sunday Night, im so glad that we booked into this one .... it is owned & run by a SOULIES from the North, Stockport they did mentioned a few clubs that they used to go to (but my memory being as it is I can only sort of remember a bit of the names PocoPoco ? was one. Im sure their will be someone on here who will correct me (please) ....

They where wonderfully welcoming allowing us to pick up the keys Sat night so that we could get to the room early Sun am (complete with Four Poster :wicked: beautiful sea views, rooms where clean, spacious, en suite :wicked: top hotel which we will be booking again)

No you cynical people we didnt get it for free :wicked: though because we did say we where going to Almwch we got an exellant deal.

They are planning a music festival in August, at the hotel it has a few rooms that they will be using, including a room with a WOODEN DANCE FLOOR ..... I am preety sure someone will post on here details nearer the time ....

Now to the night ..... BALLOONS POPPERS & TOYS all laid out ready for a party .....

Was good to see Mace yes MACE on the dance floor strutting his stuff (picture will be posted soon) in between DJing, sleeping & being naughty with Chris so much so that they GOT TOLD OFF, by our one & only Nashee :lol: who I saw strutting her stuff on more than one occassion unfortuntly by this time I had the camera confiscated for being a STALKER !

The Irish crew certaintly looked like they where having a great time (fair play to them for traveling the distance)

Thanks to Lorraine & Wazz for thier fun company (& I will check with Steve about fixing that hole in the roof ! :yes: ) totaly enjoyed your set Wazz .... thank you x

I thought I travelled a distance but these guys drove for 5hrs, yes 5hrs (I didnt know Wales was that big) to play & support a venue "commitment or madness" well if they hadnt brought Mace & Mike I would have said COMMITMENT, but as they brought them well gotta to be MADNESS ! hehe

Sorry to the DJs who played later, knee gave in so I had to sit down :lol: towards the end .... im not very good at pacing myself ...... homework to be done before 30th "Learn about pacing" ....

Is always good to see new faces travelling the distance .... nice to see you there Rick.

Thanks you mad lot for inviting me to PARTY NIGHT .... oh forgot you didnt invite me I gatecrashed !

Oh & to all those people who reminded Chris about the ROMANTIC WALK he could take me on along the shore ..... He did ! AWWWW how sweet xxx

Thanks Guys as always I had a great time xx

1. The Hotel "Bull Bay".......... 2.The Romantic Walk ............ 3.The Dancer ................ 4.The DJS !

post-1821-1182175322_thumb.jpg

post-1821-1182175709_thumb.jpg

post-1821-1182175729_thumb.jpg

post-1821-1182175749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marcelle

Marcelle, I take it by the fact you have posted today that Chris forgot to take his shovel with him on the 'Romantic Walk' :thumbsup:

:D

That's a bloody rare photo of me dancing....you could've bribed me for a good while with that one.....looks like I've got a massive erect nipple on it though... ohmy.gif

I can't even remember the last photo you took of me and Steve... :lol: ...beers great innit.... :thumbsup:

Guest NASHEE

Ditto to all that has already been said ..... (as most if not all, already know I just love this venue I wont bore you with my bias opinion again)

It is always a pleasure to travel YES even with Chris & Cruise Man :thumbsup: as companions NOT that many miles when you know your going to be in for party.

WE (as in the royal WE :P ) decided as a treat to book into a Hotel for the Sunday Night, im so glad that we booked into this one .... it is owned & run by a SOULIES from the North, Stockport they did mentioned a few clubs that they used to go to (but my memory being as it is I can only sort of remember a bit of the names PocoPoco ? was one. Im sure their will be someone on here who will correct me (please) ....

They where wonderfully welcoming allowing us to pick up the keys Sat night so that we could get to the room early Sun am (complete with Four Poster :thumbsup: beautiful sea views, rooms where clean, spacious, en suite :D top hotel which we will be booking again)

No you cynical people we didnt get it for free :lol: though because we did say we where going to Almwch we got an exellant deal.

They are planning a music festival in August, at the hotel it has a few rooms that they will be using, including a room with a WOODEN DANCE FLOOR ..... I am preety sure someone will post on here details nearer the time ....

Now to the night ..... BALLOONS POPPERS & TOYS all laid out ready for a party .....

Was good to see Mace yes MACE on the dance floor strutting his stuff (picture will be posted soon) in between DJing, sleeping & being naughty with Chris so much so that they GOT TOLD OFF, by our one & only Nashee :lol: who I saw strutting her stuff on more than one occassion unfortuntly by this time I had the camera confiscated for being a STALKER !

The Irish crew certaintly looked like they where having a great time (fair play to them for traveling the distance)

Thanks to Lorraine & Wazz for thier fun company (& I will check with Steve about fixing that hole in the roof ! :lol: ) totaly enjoyed your set Wazz .... thank you x

I thought I travelled a distance but these guys drove for 5hrs, yes 5hrs (I didnt know Wales was that big) to play & support a venue "commitment or madness" well if they hadnt brought Mace & Mike I would have said COMMITMENT, but as they brought them well gotta to be MADNESS ! hehe

Sorry to the DJs who played later, knee gave in so I had to sit down :( towards the end .... im not very good at pacing myself ...... homework to be done before 30th "Learn about pacing" ....

Is always good to see new faces travelling the distance .... nice to see you there Rick.

Thanks you mad lot for inviting me to PARTY NIGHT .... oh forgot you didnt invite me I gatecrashed !

Oh & to all those people who reminded Chris about the ROMANTIC WALK he could take me on along the shore ..... He did ! AWWWW how sweet xxx

Thanks Guys as always I had a great time xx

1. The Hotel "Bull Bay".......... 2.The Romantic Walk ............ 3.The Dancer ................ 4.The DJS !

Ha ha ha...you make me sound like one of those Mistress types.

More homework for you.....200 lines I MUST DISCIPLINE MY CHRISTOPHER ON A REGULAR BASIS. whistling.gif

WHAT A BRILLIANT NIGHT........lots had travelled for this (thanks to Irish crew for coming). The main thing was, everybody was up for it! Makes a big difference.......a joy to play to this lot and respect to the djs for collectively contributing to a fantastic anniversary. A big thanks to Steve T for putting me on....I REALLY enjoyed it.

PAUL-S :thumbsup:

WHERE DO I START,FIRSTLY THANK YOU STEVE FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY ON SATURDAY WE HAD A GREAT TIME WITH YOU ALL, THE VENUE THE MUSIC AND EVERYONE THERE WERE BRILLIANT,

PAUL SADOT WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABSOLUTE CLASS RECORDS IN MY OPINION,

JOAN AS USUAL PLAYING A CRACKER,

LEFT ABOUT 8.15 TOOK MACE TO STOKE AND GOT HOME AT 3 OCLOCK BUT I GOT TO SAY WORTH EVERY MINUTE OF IT,

CHRIS AND MARCELLE, RAVING MAD BUT FANTASTIC COMPANY WE LAUGHED ALL NIGHT WITH THEM PAIR,

ENJOYED PLAYING THERE WITH A CROWD THAT APPRECIATED EVERYTHING THAT WAS PLAYED HOW ABOUT PLAYLISTS FROM YOU ALL, HERES MINE FOR THE NIGHT;

KRIS PETERSON......JUST AS MUCH

ORTHELLO ROBINSON....SO IN LUV

DIANE PANE...WHAT SIDE YOUR BREAD IS BUTTERED ON

CODY BLACK....SLOWLY MOULDING

SING MCGOWAN....THATS WHAT I WANT

POSSE ....EVIL

THE ADORABLES....OOH BOY

THE STAR TREKS....GONNA NEED MAGIC

THE EXPORTATIONS....I WANT YOU

LOU RAGLAND....SINCE YOU SAID YOU BE MINE

MAC DAVIS...IM JUST IN LOVE

BONNIE BRISKER.....SO MUCH LOVIN DEEP INSIDE OF ME

CLAUDE HUEY....FEEL GOOD ALL OVER

ULTIMATIONS...GIRL I BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU

TRADITIONS...MY LIFE WITH YOU

LITTLE RITCHIE....ONE BO DILLION YEARS

THE JELLY BEANS.....YOU DONT MEAN ME NO GOOD

JEANETTE WILLIAMS ....ALL OF A SUDDEN

DANNY HARRISON...GIRL GIRL GIRL

GARLAND GREEN AINT THAT GOOD ENOUGH

SIDNEY BARNES...STANDING ON SOLID GROUND

THE ENTERTAINERS...IN LOVE WITH YOU

AND FINISHING WITH THE BROTHERS ....ARE YOU READY FOR THIS

WAZZ.

many thanks for a great nite steve.

just got back to aberdeen 3 hours ago.

dundee soul nite fri

broughton soul nite sat (just for 2hours,sorry couldnt stay longer brian eliss).

this alniter.

then hibs(edinburgh) aldayer sun.

home today.

got the 4 events in.

me & my 3 friends had a ball,were are all f*?*ed now. :sleep3:

ps great to see gwyn(bangor) danny(dublin) & kit(prestatyn,the welsh jock).

Guest Netspeaky

As usual mad mad party time with the MONSTER, great tunes throughout the night, big thanks to the guest DJ's for keeping the Amlwch tradition. Nice to see the Irish lads over, good to meet up with them again, Chris for his pole dancing act yet again, you know who with her camera, I think I got away this time though as she had plenty of Amlwch virgins to shoot. The great raffle which is starting to rival one of those disaster funds with the amount of tickets sold, the prizes just kept on coming and coming, nice chocolates I went home with. :sleep3:

My play list for those who were sleeping, drunk or simply can't remember because they were enjoying themselves so much:

SHIRLEY LAWSON - THE STAR (SOUL CITY)

THE SOUL CITY - COLD HEARTED BLUES (GOODTIME)

THE COMBINATIONS - BUMP BALL (RCA)

SOUL JOE CLEMENTS - EVER EVER (PLEXIUM)

STARTONES - LOVIN' YOU BABY (BILLE FRAN)

THE REGENTS - WHAT'CHA GONNA DO (MAD)

MARGARET LITTLE - LOVE FINDS A WAY (GENEBRO)

THE MAGNETICS - LADY IN GREEN (BONNIE)

BILLY ARNELL - STOP THE WORLD (C/U)

NICKY C & THE CHATEAUX - THOSE GOOD TIMES (BAY SOUND)

THE IVORIES - PLEASE STAY (WAND)

VELVET SATINS - NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO YOU (GENERAL AMERICAN)

JACKIE DAY - NAUGHTY BOY (PHELECTRON)

ROYAL ESQUIRES - AIN'T GONNA RUN (PRIX)

SOUL COMMUNICATORS - FINGER POPPIN (C/U)

UNIQUE BLEND - SPREAD THE NEWS (ACETATE)

THE SPARTANS - I DON'T NEED ANOTHER LOVER (ERA)

THE CAUTIONS - NO OTHER WAY (US SHRINE)

EDDIE DAYE & THE 4 BARS - GUESS WHO LOVES YOU (US SHRINE)

THE PROPHETS - ONE GOLD PIECE (US SHRINE)

SAM & KITTY - I'VE GOT SOMETHING GOOD (FOUR BROTHERS)

DENA BARNES - IF YOU EVER WALK OUT OF MY LIFE (INFERNO)

YVONNE BAKER - YOU DIDN'T SAY A WORD (PARKWAY)

DREAM TEAM - I'M NOT SATISFIED (GREGORY)

IMPERIAL C'S - SOMEONE TELL HER (PHIL-LA-SOUL)

THE SWEETS - SOMETHING ABOUT MY BABY (SOULTOWN)

Guest Marcelle

As usual mad mad party time with the MONSTER, great tunes throughout the night, big thanks to the guest DJ's for keeping the Amlwch tradition. Nice to see the Irish lads over, good to meet up with them again, Chris for his pole dancing act yet again, you know who with her camera, I think I got away this time though as she had plenty of Amlwch virgins to shoot. The great raffle which is starting to rival one of those disaster funds with the amount of tickets sold, the prizes just kept on coming and coming, nice chocolates I went home with. thumbsup.gif

Hmmm ..... so you thought

post-1821-1182200198_thumb.jpg

Guest Marcelle

Ha ha ha...you make me sound like one of those Mistress types.

More homework for you.....200 lines I MUST DISCIPLINE MY CHRISTOPHER ON A REGULAR BASIS. whistling.gif

oppss ...... the secrets out now :no: was lovely to see you having a great time xxx

Guest Marcelle

Marcelle, I take it by the fact you have posted today that Chris forgot to take his shovel with him on the 'Romantic Walk' whistling.gif

:D

That's a bloody rare photo of me dancing....you could've bribed me for a good while with that one.....looks like I've got a massive erect nipple on it though... ohmy.gif

I can't even remember the last photo you took of me and Steve... :wicked: ...beers great innit.... :yes:

Should I ? shouldnt I ? put the naughty ones up ? :D

Now what bribe should I begin with :no:

met up in dun laoghaire about 5, and arrived Hollyhead's Edinburgh castle Pub bout 8pm, minibus arranged by the soulman collected us, with lyddia collecting the last 2 in the pub wendy & me. arrived via steve's house in Amwych bout 9....

A well laid out venue, with friendly vibe and even friendlier people. Had our table ready made for us with balloons and assorted party bits aaaagh nice 1.

a great mix of tunes, with nothing overplayed or repeated by a roster of djs be hard to beat, lotsa "what's that one" moments as i tried to txt meself garbled predictive txt messages, wouldnt want to single out anyone as they all played a blinder, with something for everyone. Leaving my trusty crusty cardigan behind again..reluctantly we had to leave bout 8 to get ferry (again thanks Lyddia for getting us back in time).

Spent sunday crying for my cardigan and trying to read the lipstick messages on my belly,even with 2 mirrors couldn make em out smile.gif

Cheers Chris W for the pint, funkyfeet for some nice sales. As said so many good people, great to meet Mace, Paul Sadot to see Mike H, The Aberdeen lads, Gwyn..and many others my goldfish brain cant now recall and especially a big thanks to Steve Thomas thanks mate.

First time at this venue, superb what a night music policy brilliant got to mention spots by Mace, steve and scotty&killa some great stuff played. I was still on the dance floor when the last record played was the Valentinos Sweeter than the.... Thanks to Dave & Shirley for the company! to Chris & Marcelle for being themselves. Nice to meet the guys from Dublin and having a sensible conversation with Toad and to Steve Thomas for showing me where to fish even though i cought nowt!!

hi was good to meet you sat glad ..you enjoyed it can,t believe we talked so much sense on a Sunday morning., very strange for me sorry about the fishing will p,m you mine and toads email address too.... nice to see my old mate Dave ford down here too

Steve T :thumbsup:

Have to say.... what a cracker it was in the tardis on Saturday night.... from the minute we walked in... till the minute we walked out... it was high jinx and frolics a go go... great stuff!

Great to meet so many great people at last... Wazz and his lovely lady... Nashee... and of course... the mad Irish men and woman... Wendy... you're just fab! :thumbsup:

Will post some plays up later... still feeling the effects of the monster. :wicked:

just got home !!!!

a fantastic allnighter with everyone up for a laugh music was excellant and to stop the rumurs ive heard in the past yes they do play " oldies" found myself dancing a bit more than i usually do Ha Ha

thanks funky feet guys for rembering to bring my 45 .. do check there sales box !!!!

cds will be done asap for all those ive promised one,

Nice to see a few youngsters in to

Despiratly need some sleep :D:thumbsup::lol:

:thumbsup: Thanks For A Briiliant Night Every One

TOAD

• 2 weeks later...