Guest rachel

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well what a finer way to start the week than a thread like this..Cameo Parkway...some classic tunes still sounding ever fresh...some not so familiar......very good sounds being posted up all ready...but i am pretty sure that there are plenty more lurking in them boxes.....

The label itself started life in 1956. in Philidelphia....having revived the name Cameo from a 1920s record label...Parkway was added as a subsidary label in 1958....for the first seven years of the label's existence was quite succesful with the label's artists such as Bobby Rydell....Chubby Checker...The Orlons....the pinnacle of that fruitful period was the No.1 hit record So In Love- The Tymes during the summer of '63,from those heady days...the decline in hits mainly came about from the 60s Brit invasion ....and even though the label vainly tried to gain back some of its glory days by trying various Artistes,there were a couple of national hits....? and the Mysterions /96 tears......by 1967....the financial woes had worsened and was bought out by Allen Klein.....and renamed ABKCO records...so there you have it.....a very brief history on Cameo Parkway......

what ya all waiting for get posting...... :sleep3: ...Delxxx

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Always loved Chubby Checker 'Looking at tomorrow'

Anyone know if this ever came out on an "issue" - I have it on both East and West coast demos but never seen an issue of either

:wicked:

Take care

John

post-1703-1182512441.jpg

post-1703-1182512477.jpg

Social source share

Always loved Chubby Checker 'Looking at tomorrow'

Anyone know if this ever came out on an "issue" - I have it on both East and West coast demos but never seen an issue of either

:huh:

Take care

John

Hi John

I asked this a while back, no reply at the time.

Nice West Coast DEMO, I tried for both, One of my favourites too.

Looking At Tomorrow - Chubby Checker - Parkway -

Parkway_P-105-A_DJ.jpg

I managed the East Coast DEMO, but I have seen neither on a Stock Copy. (Strange).

You Just Don't Know is obviously Rarer, however "Looking At Tomororrow" appears to have also been confined to a DEMO only release.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 11 months later...

Hi John

I asked this a while back, no reply at the time.

Nice West Coast DEMO, I tried for both, One of my favourites too.

Looking At Tomorrow - Chubby Checker - Parkway -

Parkway_P-105-A_DJ.jpg

I managed the East Coast DEMO, but I have seen neither on a Stock Copy. (Strange).

You Just Don't Know is obviously Rarer, however "Looking At Tomororrow" appears to have also been confined to a DEMO only release.

Never say Never they always say.

Look at what I have just found on PopSike.Com

Never EVER seen one before.

Looking At Tomorrow - Chubby Checker - Parkway - Stock Copy

200090319018.jpg

The Stock Copy does exist apparently. :lol:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!