Heywood Civic

Bl**dy Nora, these 5 week months do my crust in, it seems a helluvva long time since the last one.

Any road up

FRIDAY 6th July

Heywood Civic

Church St.

Heywood

Lancs.

all the the usual fun and frolics( well it sounded like frolics to me!)

from Ste Andrew, Knocker and Tonyp

This Months Guests

Mort

Bob Richards

There will also be the latest celebrity interview from our roving reporter to look out for. :sleep3:

Oh, and Beware the "Devil with a Blue Dress On" ohmy.gif

Tony

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

for some reason i can only post in the 'fast reply' but not when i click 'add reply'. it takes me to the page and then goes blank!!! :ohmy:

i think the time has gone really fast since the last soul do - only seems 5 mins ago but 'my' Tony, like yourself, seems to think it has taken ages too!

anyway, looking forward to this one (well, i look forward to them all actually!) but Tony's cousin, Billy is coming this time too; he hasn't been for ages due to one thing or another so it will be a welcome sight to see him again!

the 'devil with the blue dress on' might be there but i can't say for sure!

there are things i could say for sure but won't!!!

[font color="yellow"]w[font color="red"]A[font color="blue"]vy

hmmmm my HTML doesn't seem to work on here and i've tried lots of different ways too so i'll just have to do this: -

wAvy

Edited by wAvy

(scratches head; scrumples face and looks up to the sky with a puzzled look on face!)

wha ??! box brown wha ? you ain't touchin my brown box m8! :lol:

what the frig you on bout T?! :thumbsup:wacko.gif

wAvy

oh, no need to tell me now cos i've just asked Linda in our office and she told me what one was, then laughed and said, "You asked me cos i was the oldest one in the office dint' cha?!" we all just pissed our sides laughin (me and the other girls who are younger than what she is that is!) she's not that old anyway - well in her 40's! :lol:

bring it if you like - but you need to get one with a flash m8! :thumbsup:

wAvy

for some reason i can only post in the 'fast reply' but not when i click 'add reply'. it takes me to the page and then goes blank!!! :rolleyes:

i think the time has gone really fast since the last soul do - only seems 5 mins ago but 'my' Tony, like yourself, seems to think it has taken ages too!

anyway, looking forward to this one (well, i look forward to them all actually!) but Tony's cousin, Billy is coming this time too; he hasn't been for ages due to one thing or another so it will be a welcome sight to see him again!

the 'devil with the blue dress on' might be there but i can't say for sure!

there are things i could say for sure but won't!!!

[font color="yellow"]w[font color="red"]A[font color="blue"]vy

hmmmm my HTML doesn't seem to work on here and i've tried lots of different ways too so i'll just have to do this: -

wAvy

Hi wavy I'm hopin to be there on friday, not sure yet if i'll be out with the folks it's my dad's bday this week. I'll let you know l8r this week, it's my first time on here! check me out on the tinternet lol! biggrin.gif avent got a clue what i'm doin really lol!

Guest wAvy

HELP, HELP MODERATORS PLEASE HELP!

i can't send PM's to anyone cos it just comes up with a blank screen! is this happening to everyone or just me or what? don't send me a PM cos i prolly can't read it anyway!

i can't even reply when i click 'add reply'. i can only reply when i press 'fast reply'.

anyway - Donught, nice to see you on here at last! hope you can make it friday. keep me posted wontcha!

wAvy

HELP, HELP MODERATORS PLEASE HELP!

i can't send PM's to anyone cos it just comes up with a blank screen! is this happening to everyone or just me or what? don't send me a PM cos i prolly can't read it anyway!

i can't even reply when i click 'add reply'. i can only reply when i press 'fast reply'.

anyway - Donught, nice to see you on here at last! hope you can make it friday. keep me posted wontcha!

wAvy

still figuring it out, but i think i'm getting the hang of it on here :thumbsup: i'm sure i'll get there in the end lol! :)

Guest wAvy

well this is bollox - i can't quote or anything! so you'll all have to bear with me k?

Donught, you should have kept him guessing for a 'lil while longer! heh heh heh! biggrin.gif:) go introduce yourself on the introduction page - if the moderators ain't asked you to already that is! :thumbsup: here's the link: -

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showforum=44

i don't know, i'm here doin the moderator's job and they ain't even sorted me out my postin prob! tsk tsk! tongue.gifwink.gif (shit; they gonna ban me now ain't they!)?

anyway Tony, at the bottom of one of your posts you put 'ROB' - what's that mean?

wAvy

Edited by wAvy

well this is bollox - i can't quote or anything! so you'll all have to bear with me k?

Donught, you should have kept him guessing for a 'lil while longer! heh heh heh! :lol:wicked.gif go introduce yourself on the introduction page - if the moderators ain't asked you to already that is! :rolleyes: here's the link: -

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showforum=44

i don't know, i'm here doin the moderator's job and they ain't even sorted me out my postin prob! tsk tsk! :ohmy::ohmy: (shit; they gonna ban me now ain't they!)?

anyway Tony, at the bottom of one of your posts you put 'ROB' - what's that mean?

wAvy

Right Old Bastard.

Tony

Some I bought then, as'll be getting an airing on Friday.

Vontastics-Never Let your love Grow Cold ( good spot BTW wAvy)

Delicates-Stop Shovin' Me Around

Johnny Griffith -Do It

Charlie Hodges-What's Gonna Happen to Me?

And maybe some others if the postie comes again.

ATB

Tony

Guest wAvy

Right Old Bastard.

thats about right Tony! :wub:

i've managed to post in a limited sort of way but it still goes blank! i only managed it this time cos i tried uploading a pic! weird or what!

the vontastics - good tune that - nice one 1! as for the other's - not heard of em (tho i might have when you play them you never know!)

wAvy

post-5759-1183551112_thumb.jpg

Edited by wAvy
Guest wAvy

Just been reading the lookback for Brid.

I am now really looking forward to Friday, to hear what Mort has in store for us

Blimey, I might even not nip out forra smoke.

wow that'd be a first for you wunt it?! (the smoking thing that is!) cool.gif

one more day to go then it's kick back time! i take it we have the pleasure of the lovely Mr Steve A this month?? not fishing i hope?! GOOD! :thumbsup:

Now to check out the look back thread you're on bout!

gone... !

wAvy

Just been reading the lookback for Brid.

I am now really looking forward to Friday, to hear what Mort has in store for us :thumbsup:

Blimey, I might even not nip out forra smoke. :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Put me in a spot aint it ! I best make sure i live up to my Brid reputation lol

Been a while since my last spot up @ Heywood Civic but it was always a venue where playing safe didnt come 1st so hopefully you'll enjoy the 45s.

Got a couple of fresh sounds lined up + the Fontella Bass track i've been playing that most seem to enjoy & Nige Brown was raving over, added to the more known 60s to mid 70s dancers, should keep it tickin' over nicely !

Lookin forward too it

CU Fri

Mort

Guest wAvy

gonna be gr8 tonight i reckon - get your camera ready!

bash street kidz ain't coming tonight as they're saving their pennies up for Guildfest next weekend so on one hand it's a bit of a yippee luxhello.gifpeace.gifstonedsmilie.gif (for Guildfest) but on the other hand it a bit of a downer (for tonight)! cry.gif

Guest wAvy

gonna be gr8 tonight i reckon - get your camera ready!

bash street kidz ain't coming tonight as they're saving their pennies up for Guildfest next weekend so on one hand it's a bit of a yippee luxhello.gifpeace.gifstonedsmilie.gif (for Guildfest) but on the other hand it a bit of a downer (for tonight)! cry.gif

wAvywavey.gifwiggle2.gifwiggle.gif