Pet Hates On The Scene?

Guest gordon russell

Guest gordon russell

I have a few but my main one is dj,s who turn up for their spot, do it then go straight home. and also dj,s who only go to venues that they are djing at, they never go out just to enjoy themselves at other peoples venues.BEFORE I GET IN TROUBLE DON,T MEAN ALL DJ,S

Social source share

• Replies 242
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I could go on for hours on this subject :unsure:

• People who walk straigh across the dancefloor in the middle of a tune
  • People who stand and talk in the middle of the dance floor in the middle of a tune
  • Smokers who seem not to be able to read the Nosmo King signs

Social source share

I have a few but my main one is dj,s who turn up for their spot, do it then go straight home. and also dj,s who only go to venues that they are djing at, they never go out just to enjoy themselves at other peoples venues.BEFORE I GET IN TROUBLE DON,T MEAN ALL DJ,S

Really? i would have never have guessed :lol::unsure:

Social source share

agreed Mr Darcy those that CAN get out and about should do so whether they are spinning toons or not, if I can get away from work tonight early I'm hoping to get over to the Dukes Head to support Perry and the boys.

Pet hates...bootleggers, promoters who are obsessed with themselves and those that suggest you're a vauxhall conference soul music fan if you don't travel 300 miles every weekend :unsure::lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

agreed Mr Darcy those that CAN get out and about should do so whether they are spinning toons or not, if I can get away from work tonight early I'm hoping to get over to the Dukes Head to support Perry and the boys.

Pet hates...bootleggers, promoters who are obsessed with themselves and those that suggest you're a vauxhall conference soul music fan if you don't travel 300 miles every weekend :unsure::lol:

TOTALLY agree, you don,t have to travel miles to hear soul music but it sure is fun and you get to hear the awesome tunes the likes of butch, mick h, keith money,cliff camfield,kitch alex jones ect,ect tunes you would never get to hear locally. mind you fair play some folk just ain,t bothered and thats ok :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Not all DJs are like that.

People that dont read through threads properly on here then put thier penny worth in and get it all wrong.

People that just sit there all night and dont smile, why bother going out.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

People that dont read through threads properly on here then put thier penny worth in and get it all wrong.

have their mums made them go against their will maybe not enough eer

Social source share

Guest vinylmaniac

Didnt realise that we had met! :angry: Ta Ray!

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Didnt realise that we had met! :angry: Ta Ray!

possibly, i was the one sitting in the corner all night not smiling :unsure:

Social source share

possibly, i was the one sitting in the corner all night not smiling :lol:

You were smiling last night mate,in that pub "woolpack"Bermondsey, :unsure:

Social source share

TOTALLY agree, you don,t have to travel miles to hear soul music but it sure is fun and you get to hear the awesome tunes the likes of butch, mick h, keith money,cliff camfield,kitch alex jones ect,ect tunes you would never get to hear locally. mind you fair play some folk just ain,t bothered and thats ok :unsure:

slight thread drift we got Kitch and Dean Anderson on at the Dog next week...1500 meters from my house and clean underpants...can't go wrong.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

You were smiling last night mate,in that pub "woolpack"Bermondsey, :unsure:

Thats because of the company i was in with the sun shining and the beer flowing followed by a night of soul,

bloody hard not to be smiling id say :lol:

great night :lol:

Social source share

People who claim they discovered records 10-20 years after it was big.!

SHEEP

Social source share

DJ's who never play anything other than what they'd decided to play before they set off from home. Some play the same spot over and over, with the odd exception tune thrown in.

Alleged DJ's who think it's clever to play some CD/boot/Sevens of a big record in the full knowledge that somebody playing later will have to keep their expensive original in the box.

The fact that there are too many venues meaning that clowns who spend fifty quid on a few bootlegs think they are qualified to be DJ's.

Edited by ScallyBob
Social source share

slight thread drift we got Kitch and Dean Anderson on at the Dog next week...1500 meters from my house and clean underpants...can't go wrong.

Paul, what's the post code for DKOF? - I got lost last time (Even with Sat Nav!!!) - There's a hate - Getting lost on the way to events...Mind you that became part of the fun!!!

Len.

'SILKS' SOUL NIGHT SAT AUG 25TH MIDLAND RD WELLINGBOROUGH - DAVE THORLEY, ROGER BANKS AND PETE BURTON...'PLAYING WHAT THEY WANT!' - "DAM GOOD SOUL MUSIC" 8.00PM - 2..AM.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

DJ's who never play anything other than what they'd decided to play before they set off from home. Some play the same spot over and over, with the odd exception tune thrown in.

Alleged DJ's who think it's clever to play some CD/boot/Sevens of a big record in the full knowledge that somebody playing later will have to keep their expensive original in the box.

The fact that there are too many venues meaning that clowns who spend fifty quid on a few bootlegs think they are qualified to be DJ's.

here bloody here :unsure:

Social source share

Paul, what's the post code for DKOF? - I got lost last time (Even with Sat Nav!!!) - There's a hate - Getting lost on the way to events...Mind you that became part of the fun!!!

Len.

'SILKS' SOUL NIGHT SAT AUG 25TH MIDLAND RD WELLINGBOROUGH - DAVE THORLEY, ROGER BANKS AND PETE BURTON...'PLAYING WHAT THEY WANT!' - "DAM GOOD SOUL MUSIC" 8.00PM - 2..AM.

all you need to know about dkof june 22 is here mate...

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...rt=#entry519731

Social source share

Yep, that's the one, totally agree.

Would add - too many DJs and unimaginative DJs (possibly as a result of the above).

Social source share

1. People constantly banging on about other people not travelling......like how would they know unless they have fitted some sort of soul tracking device to the accused? :thumbsup:

2. Not a hate as such but can't understand people who never or rarely dance. How do they manage to resist the music so? unsure.gif

3. Anyone not from Northamptonshire. (only joking) :D

Happily, the list would be much longer if I were to list pet likes....... :wave:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

In the seventies, quite a few d.j.'s would do one all-nighter then go to the other end of the country to d.j. there. Is there any difference? One Soul Sam was one.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

One of the things I dislike about the scene is retards who dont handle records carefully in the record bar area boxing.gif

Many a time I have found marks on the playing area due to people being careless :angry:

Not as bad as having a cracked record at the end of the night!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

One of the things I dislike about the scene is retards who dont handle records carefully in the record bar area boxing.gif

Many a time I have found marks on the playing area due to people being careless :angry:

or leave them hanging out of the box,dump them on the table,some appear to be telepathic,pulling records out talking to their mate down the room at the same time.......... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest hammy

My pet hates:

People with no sense of humour

Two faced backstabbing b**tards

Liars

DJs who've been playing the same set for years

Cardboard Gangsters

Wannabe DJs

Wannabe Collectors

Nostalgia

Paranoia

Sheep

Crap Soul that "people dance to"

Retro NS Clothing

Unfriendly People

Cliques

Long Lists

Hypocrites

Long Lists

Hypocrites

Repetition....

Hammy

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Half a tale being told and everyone jumping on the band waggon.

Not jumping on the band waggon, but caring about the people on OUR scene!! :lol:

Social source share

My pet hates:

Liars

Cardboard Gangsters

Wannabe DJs

Wannabe Collectors

Nostalgia

Paranoia

Sheep

Retro NS Clothing

Unfriendly People

Cliques

Long Lists

Hypocrites

Long Lists

Hypocrites

Repetition....

Hammy

Hammy, the first half dozen on your list are the very things that epitomise all thats BAD about the soul scene! and eventually i fear these will eventually kill all thats good!

IMHO

Pete

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

My pet hates:

Liars

Cardboard Gangsters

Wannabe DJs

Wannabe Collectors

Nostalgia

Paranoia

Sheep

Retro NS Clothing

Unfriendly People

Cliques

Long Lists

Hypocrites

Long Lists

Hypocrites

Repetition....

Hammy

Wow! that's a long list and a half and that's for sure!! I don't know about backstabbing bastards, but . . . d.j.'s who have been playing the same set for years, that's another point!! I take it you've a few pet hates mate!! :lol:

Social source share

My pet hates:

Liars

Cardboard Gangsters

Wannabe DJs

Wannabe Collectors

Nostalgia

Paranoia

Sheep

Retro NS Clothing

Unfriendly People Have you really found any unfriendly people? :lol:

Cliques

Long Lists

Hypocrites

Long Lists

Hypocrites

Repetition....

Hammy

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

This debate will be one that will go on for a long time, as far as i'm aware the seventies, and probobly the sixties!!

Perfection is just an illusion!!!!!

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

you sure you wont get bored of all those tunes you haven,t heard , not sure you want to either :lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

here, here

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

1. People constantly banging on about other people not travelling......like how would they know unless they have fitted some sort of soul tracking device to the accused? :lol:

2. Not a hate as such but can't understand people who never or rarely dance. How do they manage to resist the music so? unsure.gif

3. Anyone not from Northamptonshire. (only joking) :D

Happily, the list would be much longer if I were to list pet likes....... :yes:

hey how can you support man u if you never go to watch them play............just a thought

Social source share

2. Not a hate as such but can't understand people who never or rarely dance. How do they manage to resist the music so? :lol:

What about standing about too embarrassed to dance because some of us know how ridiculous we look? I wish I could dance, but I'm a Dad dancer no matter how hard I try. I was even when I was 19!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

DJ's who only try to dance when behind the decks :lol:biggrin.gif:yes:

They're not dancing, they're tripping over the bloddy wires. How many d.j.'s do you know who can dance??

Social source share

you sure you wont get bored of all those tunes you haven,t heard , not sure you want to either :lol:

was always taught that listening to something you didn't know what it's all about.. Be nice to have someone like you attending so we can all turn to you and ask "wtf was that" and in return get artist, label and current price thumbsup.gif

Cya next week mate, you never know you may just enjoy yourself :yes:

Social source share

Guest gibber

What about standing about too embarrassed to dance because some of us know how ridiculous we look? I wish I could dance, but I'm a Dad dancer no matter how hard I try. I was even when I was 19!

I have had the piss took out of the way I dance for the last 30 years hasn't stopped me yet.

So don't worry about it just enjoy it. :lol:

My pet hates .

Cliques the ones who don't want you at there even after you spent over 2 hours travelling to get there

People who always putting other people down.

Spending hours and hours trying not to clash , finding a night then 2 weeks before 2 or 3 get added to the same night as yours. sad.gif

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

They're not dancing, they're tripping over the bloddy wires. How many d.j.'s do you know who can dance??

not saying i can , but i do

Social source share

Guest marge

People constantly moaning about what they don't like about the scene instead of thinking how lucky we are and just taking it for what it is and getting on and enjoying it while we still can :lol:

QoFxx

amen to that. We're not here long, and how lucky we are to have found this special scene. Sentimental I might sound, but there are worse things to be...

Social source share

hi pal. still up road from ya, how you doin ? i'm still dancin now i'm not djin :lol:

Doin ok Pete, maybe in club later today for daddies day, first visit since a certain incident you are probably aware of,

Anyway if your not in hope to see yourself and Viv real soon,

Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!