Pet Hates On The Scene?

Guest gordon russell

• Replies 242
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When you travel to a venue (not a niter mostly soul nites) maybe 80-100 miles music is excellent, not a lot of people in attendance. We are up for a good nite, dance etc but the promotors and their other halves just sit about. then wonder why no excitement or increased punters thru the door. That really gets my goat...oh yes it does. Kimbo. NOTE just a hate, this is not aimed at any venue I attend at the mo as they are all top nites.

Edited by kimbo
Social source share

Guest rachel

People on eBay who email asking for feedback (I know that's not exclusive to soul but it's currently driving me mad) - am tempted to leave it longer just because they've felt the need to beg for it as if it was the most important thing in the world :D

Having seventeen million SS topics entitled 'Am I Missing Something?' when 99% of them know they aren't missing anything and actually mean 'look at this idiot/ conman that I've spotted' :yes:

Social source share

people who think they are so fekkin superior because they have a chance to attend those venues that play that great music we all adore where it kicks off at 11 and finishes at 5 in the morning. I'm gonna do Burnley is Aug and then the fat lady will sing ending 36years of attending all-nighters on and off.

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

People on eBay who email asking for feedback (I know that's not exclusive to soul but it's currently driving me mad) - am tempted to leave it longer just because they've felt the need to beg for it as if it was the most important thing in the world :D

Having seventeen million SS topics entitled 'Am I Missing Something?' when 99% of them know they aren't missing anything and actually mean 'look at this idiot/ conman that I've spotted' :yes:

Rachel

Can't you change the topics titles for the rather obvious ones instead ...afterall

YOU HAVE THE POWER!!!!!

Mand :D

Social source share

Guest littlemissoul

Mine is having to go home after a soul night or nighter I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE :D:yes::D xxxxx

A breath of fresh air ( not a winge or a moan ) some one after my own heart the end of the night is my pet hate too. :D

LMS xXx

Social source share

A breath of fresh air ( not a winge or a moan ) some one after my own heart the end of the night is my pet hate too. :D

LMS xXx

Here here!!

When I have to leave early ...its

Oh bugger they're playin that tune ...just one more dance as I edge towards the door

gently does it ..try not to get the withdrawals LOLOL

But Im with you on this!!

Mand xx :yes:

Social source share

Guest littlemissoul

Here here!!

When I have to leave early ...its

Oh bugger they're playin that tune ...just one more dance as I edge towards the door

gently does it ..try not to get the withdrawals LOLOL

But Im with you on this!!

Mand xx :D

I try not to have to leave until the end and I have a fab excuse :D

If I leave early it takes so long saying goodby to everyone that it is actualy quicker to get away if you stay till the end as everyone has had to come up to you to say see ya that you only have to say tarra to a few stragglers :yes:

LMS xXx

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

My pet hate on the scene is people on the scene who hate pets...

...OK so it's not really but the car wouldn't get me to Cleggy, and I'm waiting for the kettle to boil and the day to end, so I thought I'd say it anyway!

Social source share

When you travel to a venue (not a niter mostly soul nites) maybe 80-100 miles music is excellent, not a lot of people in attendance. We are up for a good nite, dance etc but the promotors and their other halves just sit about. then wonder why no excitement or increased punters thru the door. That really gets my goat...oh yes it does. Kimbo.

Good point. Promoters who spit the dummy because of what they see as 'poor attendance'. Not recognising that the ones who are there have made the effort , so they should to!! Common problem...

Social source share

people who think they are so fekkin superior because they have a chance to attend those venues that play that great music we all adore where it kicks off at 11 and finishes at 5 in the morning. I'm gonna do Burnley is Aug and then the fat lady will sing ending 36years of attending all-nighters on and off.

Don't really know you well Paul but have heard your spots over the years (good taste) and had many a chuckle at your wit on here. So if the fat lady is gonna sing its a sad day mate will there be a burning of the budgie jacket and white skinners (baggsy the sock drawer) :yes: . Respect kimbo.

Social source share

People on eBay who email asking for feedback (I know that's not exclusive to soul but it's currently driving me mad) - am tempted to leave it longer just because they've felt the need to beg for it as if it was the most important thing in the world :yes:

This absolutely drives me round the bend, I ignore the first one then if they do it again I remind them that soliciting feedback is against ebay rules and is tantamount to harrassment. I do all feedbacks once a week or once a fortnight, they can wait.

Social source share

My pet hate on the scene is people on the scene who hate pets...

...OK so it's not really but the car wouldn't get me to Cleggy, and I'm waiting for the kettle to boil and the day to end, so I thought I'd say it anyway!

Cleethorpes being called "Cleggy" (it should be Cleethy, surely?) :no::lol:

People who were into Jazz funk for 10 years but are now died in the wool chinstrokers but look down on everyone else.

Anyone that has "Burnley " in 7 points lettering in their signatures.

Postman Pat lookalikes.

"Events" thread spoilers....even though they have never been or intend to go.

Think that just about covers it for me! :):D

Social source share

Cleethorpes being called "Cleggy" (it should be Cleethy, surely?) :no::lol:

People who were into Jazz funk for 10 years but are now died in the wool chinstrokers but look down on everyone else.

Anyone that has "Burnley " in 7 points lettering in their signatures.

Postman Pat lookalikes.

"Events" thread spoilers....even though they have never been or intend to go.

Think that just about covers it for me! :):D

Lost me with this one Maark :lol:

Bazza

Social source share

we know how hard it is to attend to these venues too................. maybe venues should play these fab sounds more often.........................

Tracey N Andy..............

is that better..........??????????? :)

Edited by bettyboop
Social source share

People who tag onto threads, with inane comments, just so they can 'promote' their forthcoming night....

people who dont read comments correctly............. it was a genuine answer :)

Tracey

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Cleethorpes being called "Cleggy" (it should be Cleethy, surely?) :):no:

Sorry, mate, can't spell Cleethorpes..... :D

Social source share

Guest Carrie Mehome

My current pet hate is finding out that everyone else is going to Cleethorpes tomorrow and I'm off to Bisley! :)

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

My current pet hate is finding out that everyone else is going to Cleethorpes tomorrow and I'm off to Bisley! :no:

Think of all that room you'll have to move around on the dancefloor. Just watch out for the tumbleweeds and you'll be OK... :)

Social source share

Guest Bernadette

My current pet hate is finding out that everyone else is going to Cleethorpes tomorrow and I'm off to Bisley! :)

at least you're doing something soulful...i'm having a totally non-soulful weekend which is my number one pet hate :D have a good one babes :no:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Come to Nuneaton.

Oops, that was 'people who use other people's threads to plug soul nights' wasn't it? :no:

Social source share

suppose in the scheme of things and with all these clever arse replies this will seem irrelevant but (A) your average soul fan is much more ITK than you would like to admit (not all) and (cool.gif when even I could do an oldies spot that we hadn't heard for yonks, do we have to listen to the same overplayed shite (not really shite but after all those plays sems like it). TBH We could start a new scene playing oldies that get ignored. Sorry I am an old fart but this is true, in fact (its got me !!!!)

Social source share

Talking to other collectors/soul fans who insist on trying to outdo you by naming obscure records and thinking you must be a bit of a twat if you've never heard them...........otherwise known as the illusion that Nothern Soulies are the friendliest people on earth....well yes as long as you know your place and I can look down on you and look up to Searling/Butch etc............very reminiscent of a sketch from the 60's with Cleese, Barker and Corbett!!!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

This happened recently and is peeing me off a bit!!

Hearing what I think is a brilliant tune and taking a few weeks asking about to find out who the artist is (knew the title but not the artist).

Then when I finally find out, BEING TOLD TO KEEP MY TRAP SHUT AS ONE OR TWO DJ'S INTEND COVERING IT UP!!!!

AAAARRGGHHH!!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by jobbo
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert