Thornton Sports & Social

Just a quick note to thank DJs, dancers and supporters for their input on Saturday which contributed to another excellent night. I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the back room and and was struck, once again, by the quality of all of the sets (my own excepted of course which was bobbins :unsure: ), Big thanks to Ged, Wayne, Joan and Alex :lol:

Particular highlights for me: JJ Barnes - Lonely no more (Joan), Liz Verdi - think it over (Wayne), Empires - you're on top (Ged), Rocky Gil - it's not the end and Precisions - tell my baby (Alex).

Main room seemed busy and really good numbers in on what was an undeniably busy weekend; let's hope the place can continue to go from strength to strength with your continued support :D . Seriously, whether it's real oldies or top drawer rarities / all-nighter spins you're into you'll get yr fix here. Next one planned, provisionally, for 8 Sept (which I'll miss as I'm away unfortunately) then 20 October.

DJs do feel free to post playlists and for anyone wanting a flavour here's one or two things I spun in the back room 1.30-2.30

Bobby Brinkley & Squires - would it matter (Squire)

Imperial Cs - someone tell her (Phil LA)

Ralph Graham - she just sits there (Up Front)

Four Gents - young girls beware (Oncore)

Gwen Owens - mystery man (Oncore)

Jackie Day - naughty boy (Phelectron)

Kavettes - I've got a story to tell you (Lendre)

Ernestine Eady - let's talk it over (Phil LA)

Hayes Cotton - black wings have my angel (Resist)

Shirley Edwards - dream my heart (Shrine)

Paulette - love you babe (Contact)

Loads of things I wanted to play and never did but maybe next time eh.

Great to see Kev S & missus (see you next weekend), Derek and missus Derek and the lovely Mr and Mrs Blackburn in attendance; thanks for coming!!! To the lady with the talc who danced virtually all-night, you're a star and to the geezer who asks me everytime I see him: no, I don't still have the fookin Shepherd Boy :ohmy:

ATB

Phil

ps: In the sideburn stakes, consensus was achieved in that Alex Jones has longer and indeed wider burns while Mr Blackburn's are denser, which is probably due to the age advantage he has. Contest declared a draw.

pps. thanks to those who posted on here the Ernestine Eady 45 along the lines of 'which muppet bought that' etc etc. Well, twas I and it plays great thanks. As the lovely Dale Winton once said, you gotta be in it to win it :ohmy:

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest hudsoul

hello,,,enjoyed sat night ,,good music allaround a few things i have never heard before which is good,,, :lol: spent most of the night coughing my guts up which is bad,,anyway heres what i played from around 8.30 to 10----

TROY MARRS RHYTHM MESSSAGE-SURESHOT

ART FALLS -I WANT YOU BABY--NAUTILUS

ALBERT GEORGE-SOUL BABY-PRINCE

CARL HALL-MY BABYS SO GOOD -MERCURY

BILLY HAMBRIC-SHE SAID GOODBYE-DRUM

MIKE WATSON-I DIG YOUR KIND-ETAH

TURNAROUNDS-RUN AWAY AND HIDE-ERA

TAMMY WAYNE-HAVE A GOOD TIME-BOOM

DELEGATES OF SOUL-I LL COME RUNNING BACK-UPLOOK

HARTFIELD BROS.-SWEET SOMEBODY-BOOLA BOOLA :unsure:

CHANTELLS-I LL NEVER KNOW-AQUA

MALCOLM HAYES -SEARCHING FOR MY BABY-CHATTAHOOCHIE

BILLY SOL-TIME TIME-DOMAR

JIMMY CONWELL-EVERYDAY--C/UP

BILLY GEE-THE NAME OF THE BAG--JOYE

LITTLE STANLEY-THE STRAN-VANCE

CADILLACS-LETS GET TOGETHER-ROULETTE

DANNY WOODS-YOU HAD ME FOOLED-CORRECTONE

HANK HODGE-ONE DAY LOVE-EYE

LIZ VERDI-THINK IT OVER-COLUMBIA

YVONNE CARROLL-PLEASE DONT GO -VEE JAY

PINKERTONES-ITS NOT THE WAY YOU WALK--QUEEN -G

EPTONES-A LOVE THATS REAL -VOX

WAYNE BOLING-GIRL I LIKE TO DANCE WITH YOU -CAMPO

RICHETTA OSBOURNE--MY SWEET BABY-BLUE RIVER

TERI THORNTON-MOLLY MARLENE-MOTHERS

LEO MCCORKLE-TOP OF THE WORLD-POPSIDE

HEADLINERS-LOOKING FOR LOVE-LULA

JOHNNY BARTEL-IF THIS ISNT LOVE-SOLID STATE

EPSILONS-BECAUSE I LOVE YOU C/UP

RONNIE AND ROYBIN-STEP INTO MY HEART-SIDRA

BUSTER JONES -BABY BOY-SURESHOT

:D:ohmy::ohmy:

Just a quick note to thank DJs, dancers and supporters for their input on Saturday which contributed to another excellent night. I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the back room and and was struck, once again, by the quality of all of the sets (my own excepted of course which was bobbins :unsure: ), Big thanks to Ged, Wayne, Joan and Alex :lol:

Particular highlights for me: JJ Barnes - Lonely no more (Joan), Liz Verdi - think it over (Wayne), Empires - you're on top (Ged), Rocky Gil - it's not the end and Precisions - tell my baby (Alex).

Main room seemed busy and really good numbers in on what was an undeniably busy weekend; let's hope the place can continue to go from strength to strength with your continued support :D . Seriously, whether it's real oldies or top drawer rarities / all-nighter spins you're into you'll get yr fix here. Next one planned, provisionally, for 8 Sept (which I'll miss as I'm away unfortunately) then 20 October.

DJs do feel free to post playlists and for anyone wanting a flavour here's one or two things I spun in the back room 1.30-2.30

Bobby Brinkley & Squires - would it matter (Squire)

Imperial Cs - someone tell her (Phil LA)

Ralph Graham - she just sits there (Up Front)

Four Gents - young girls beware (Oncore)

Gwen Owens - mystery man (Oncore)

Jackie Day - naughty boy (Phelectron)

Kavettes - I've got a story to tell you (Lendre)

Ernestine Eady - let's talk it over (Phil LA)

Hayes Cotton - black wings have my angel (Resist)

Shirley Edwards - dream my heart (Shrine)

Paulette - love you babe (Contact)

Loads of things I wanted to play and never did but maybe next time eh.

Great to see Kev S & missus (see you next weekend), Derek and missus Derek and the lovely Mr and Mrs Blackburn in attendance; thanks for coming!!! To the lady with the talc who danced virtually all-night, you're a star and to the geezer who asks me everytime I see him: no, I don't still have the fookin Shepherd Boy :ohmy:

ATB

Phil

ps: In the sideburn stakes, consensus was achieved in that Alex Jones has longer and indeed wider burns while Mr Blackburn's are denser, which is probably due to the age advantage he has. Contest declared a draw.

pps. thanks to those who posted on here the Ernestine Eady 45 along the lines of 'which muppet bought that' etc etc. Well, twas I and it plays great thanks. As the lovely Dale Winton once said, you gotta be in it to win it :ohmy:

Phil

What a fantastic nite we had a great time all the dj's played great sets shame we were a bit late but at least we got there before midnight. Looking forward to the next one.

See you soon.

Sharon

Ps Kev wants to know what you've sold since Saturday

Phil

What a fantastic nite we had a great time all the dj's played great sets shame we were a bit late but at least we got there before midnight. Looking forward to the next one.

See you soon.

Sharon

Ps Kev wants to know what you've sold since Saturday

Nothing but they're all for sale, always ... :lol:

Had a great time on Saturday night... was a top laugh... and the company was second to none :D

Big thanks to Phil for asking me to play... and for the stories... to Ged for playing every record in his box... what a trouper.... to Alex cos he was fab as he always is... and to Wayne... mad that i missed most of your spot cos we're crap and got lost... hope the coughs better :D

Anyway... here's my plays... what i can remember anyway...

MELVIN DAVIS - I MUST LOVE YOU - GROOVESVILLE

MIL EVANS - THINGS WON'T BE THE SAME - CONSTELLATION

VENTURAS - HEART OF LOVE - GREEN LIGHT

ALCON SHADES - ALL IS FORGIVEN - BLUE ROCK

INCREDIBLES - MISS TREATMENT - AUDIO ARTS

LEE ROGERS - GO GO GIRL - D TOWN

SHIRLEY KAROL - JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY - DAKAR

SHARON SCOTT - COULD IT BE YOU - RCA

JIVE FIVE - YOU'RE A PUZZLE - U.A

VIKKI STYLES - TEARS WON'T STOP FALLING - O DEX

ROTATIONS - TRYING TO MAKE YOU MY OWN - MALA

MIL EVANS - I'VE GOT TO HAVE YOUR LOVE - CONSTELLATION