THE MAIN ROOM

CHRIS KING - BOB HINSLEY - STEVE POWNALL - NEV

plus RESIDENTS KEV MURPHY AND BAZ MALEADY

ROOM 2 - THE AWESOME DDA!

JOAN LIVSEY - PAUL SADOT - KARL RHODES and

SPECIAL GUEST DJ's THE DREAM TEAM

ALEX JONES AND PHIL WAINWRIGHT

THIS EVENT WILL BE A FULL ON ASSAULT ON YOUR SOUL SENSES -

DONT MISS IT!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...............TOP NIGHT!!

LOWTON CIVIC HALL - HESKETH MEADOW LANE - LOWTON nr WIGAN

2mins from main A580 EAST LANCS ROAD, M6 and M62

For more info call 01942 672971 - Admission only £5.00 on the door

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Damn... its been a long month!

Really looking forward to hearing ALEX JONES & PHIL WAINWRIGHT in the DDA...

.. awesome tunes for sure... CAN'T WAIT :wub:

DID'NT THINK DDA COULD GET BETTER!! BUT, ALEX and PHIL.......BRILLIANT! I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE..... :shades:

DEDICATED TO PLAYING THE VERY BEST IN NORTHERN SOUL AND MOTOWN

QUALITY OLDIES - RARITIES AND THE BEST OF THE REST

LOWTON CIVIC HALL - FRIDAY JULY 13th 2007 8pm - 2am

THE MAIN ROOM

............ ohmy.gif

RIGHT....lets get this thing going....ITS only a few days until LOWTON......one of the BEST nights in the country!! Both rooms do the business and if you have'nt been, you need to check for yourself what ALL the fuss is about.

IN the DDA room we have ALEX JONES and PHIL WAINWRIGHT!!! Does it get much better. no.gif

See you there! yes.gif

Damn... its been a long month!

Really looking forward to hearing ALEX JONES & PHIL WAINWRIGHT in the DDA...

.. awesome tunes for sure... CAN'T WAIT :thumbsup:

Joan

Sorry we cant make this one which is a shame with Alex and Phil being on but sure they will be back in the future.

See you soon.

Sharon

YES ....Cant believe the Captain isn't coming.........have to warn the coast guard! :lol:

I'M PATROLLING THE BORDERS ! SORRY CAN'T BE THERE BUT I'VE SENT A NOTE FROM ME MAM ! BOOK LOOKS GROOVEY, SHOULD BE ANOTHER TOP NIGHT ALL ROUND ! SEE Y'ALL SOON AND REMEMBER 'DON'T TAKE ANY WOODEN NICKELS' !!!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

THE MAIN ROOM

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE D.D.A :ohmy:

I'M PATROLLING THE BORDERS ! SORRY CAN'T BE THERE BUT I'VE SENT A NOTE FROM ME MAM ! BOOK LOOKS GROOVEY, SHOULD BE ANOTHER TOP NIGHT ALL ROUND ! SEE Y'ALL SOON AND REMEMBER 'DON'T TAKE ANY WOODEN NICKELS' !!!!

CPTN M :ohmy:

.....its been played out has'nt :Dit!!!

.....its been played out has'nt :Dit!!!

AS IN 'IF I EVER HEAR IT AGAIN IT'LL BE TOO SOON' OR 'SOMEONE HAS PLAYED IT' OR 'OWZAT !!!!'...

ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD...IF YOUR ONE OF OUR LUCKY WINNERS YOU'LL BE HEARING FROM US EVENTUALLY BUT I WOULDN'T HOLD YOUR BREATH....

DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED BUT I WON !!! WOULD YA ADAM & EVE IT !!!!! :ohmy:

RIGHT....lets get this thing going....ITS only a few days until LOWTON......one of the BEST nights in the country!! Both rooms do the business and if you have'nt been, you need to check for yourself what ALL the fuss is about.

IN the DDA room we have ALEX JONES and PHIL WAINWRIGHT!!! Does it get much better. :D

See you there! :ohmy:

So the 'Grumpyfella' has made it into the inner sanctum of the DDA! Versatile is not the word, if its not Bleu bar it's the dark recesses of Lowtons back room and quality tunage for both.

Dont forget my fave, Freddie Butler young man, and whatever else you feel might hit the spot

See you friday Phil

BTW Chris King is the guest in the main room and dont think it's 'oldies city' cause it aint, that man can definitely dig deep... and does for Lowton...............

Make the effort its worth it

Edited by BazM

So the 'Grumpyfella' has made it into the inner sanctum of the DDA! Versatile is not the word, if its not Bleu bar it's the dark recesses of Lowtons back room and quality tunage for both.

Dont forget my fave, Freddie Butler young man, and whatever else you feel might hit the spot

See you friday Phil

BTW Chris King is the guest in the main room and dont think it's 'oldies city' cause it aint, that man can definitely dig deep... and does for Lowton...............

Make the effort its worth it

Evening Sir

Looking forward to friday - pulled a load of stuff together will do the final cut thursday - freddie butler is already there plus a couple of dodgey cover-ups, some underplayed oldies....plus abit of latin.....maybe even some 70's...

See you friday

Cheers :ohmy:

Phil

Evening Sir

Looking forward to friday - pulled a load of stuff together will do the final cut thursday - freddie butler is already there plus a couple of dodgey cover-ups, some underplayed oldies....plus abit of latin.....maybe even some 70's...

See you friday

Cheers :ohmy:

Phil

Remember that morning we picked you up at the side of the road outside Middleton and took you home?

Did you mention something about having a certain James Bell record on 3 Diamonds?

If so... can you bring it please?

If it wasn't you... i apologise :lol:

Remember that morning we picked you up at the side of the road outside Middleton and took you home?

Did you mention something about having a certain James Bell record on 3 Diamonds?

If it wasn't you... i apologise :ohmy:

Hi Joan It is Phil who's got it...suberb record! I'll be mithering him to give it a spin on Friday.......Cant Wait!!!

Hi Joan It is Phil who's got it...suberb record! I'll be mithering him to give it a spin on Friday.......Cant Wait!!!

Hey up Baz..

That was my sad attempt at being funny... i meant... if it wasn't him we gave a lift to... yeah... I know... pathetic!! :lol:

Anyway... that's FREDDIE BUTLER... & JAMES BELL... :ohmy:

....don't suppose you've still got CONNIE VANDYKE.. you old fella with the grumps? :D

If it wasn't you... i apologise :(

Hi Joan

Yes I remember - the last time I got rather drunk...my wife told me off when i got in! Thanks again for the lift.

Yes I will have james bell in the box. Also so will Alex as he got his copy before me...in fact could be quite a few tunes that we will both have on the night, eg Kings of Soul, Out of Sights, Lonette..........but Alex has far more and better records than me so there will be no duplication on the night.

See you friday

Cheers

Phil

Edited by grumpyfella

Hey up Baz..

That was my sad attempt at being funny... i meant... if it wasn't him we gave a lift to... yeah... I know... pathetic!! :yes:

Anyway... that's FREDDIE BUTLER... & JAMES BELL... :(

....don't suppose you've still got CONNIE VANDYKE.. you old fella with the grumps? biggrin.gif

sorry sold connie van dyke years ago to buy disco records.....Alex might have it though I think.

cheers

phil

A few swift bradys?

Would that be the Pat or the Keith kind? laugh.gif

Be great to see you and Top Bird... seems like f**ckin ages!

God your fast today girl ....and its only Wednesday lol ...well spotted biggrin.gif

see you Friday ....top bird ain't working sat so it could be a late one too :(

Steve T PROPERLY THE WORST SPELLER ON SOUL SOURCE !! :D:P:yes:

THE MAIN ROOM

THE MAIN ROOM

Forgot to mention the Bar is now on till 1am at Lowton in both rooms

Funky Feet will be bringing the shop and Greg Haynes of "Heeey Baby Days of Beach Music" fame to Lowton this Friday, so please make the effort to come over and say hello to Greg, he's a mind of information about the Beach Music Scene. Greg was there hiring venues, booking acts and enjoying a lot of Music we love when it was actually being created and played back in the USA in the 1960's. :lol:

Funky Feet will be bringing the shop and Greg Haynes of "Heeey Baby Days of Beach Music" fame to Lowton this Friday, so please make the effort to come over and say hello to Greg, he's a mind of information about the Beach Music Scene. Greg was there hiring venues, booking acts and enjoying a lot of Music we love when it was actually being created and played back in the USA in the 1960's. :boxing:

Looking forward to meeting him Mark. :lol:

How much is the book if you don't mind me asking?

Have seen it on line and i have to say it's very good indeed... the 'Kings of Soul' pic was a surprise though! ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

RIGHT....getting in to final plugs now........ITS tomorrow.....LOWTON!!

ONE OF THE MOST INSPIRING CLUBS IN THE LAND......TWO ROOMS.

If you like to hear new and underplayed soul music...of the highest quality, pop into the DDA.

music to unlock your soul and move your feet!! :thumbup:

RIGHT....getting in to final plugs now........ITS tomorrow.....LOWTON!!

ONE OF THE MOST INSPIRING CLUBS IN THE LAND......TWO ROOMS.

If you like to hear new and underplayed soul music...of the highest quality, pop into the DDA.

music to unlock your soul and move your feet!! :thumbup:

Another quality night I'm gonna have to miss this weekend......I'm away chasing a little white ball around a field.....have a great night,see you soon...

P.S. Paul Sadot.......Watched that DVD you gave me, really impressed mate, well done.....Later

Another quality night I'm gonna have to miss this weekend......I'm away chasing a little white ball around a field.....have a great night,see you soon...

P.S. Paul Sadot.......Watched that DVD you gave me, really impressed mate, well done.....Later

...dont go injuring yourself Tony!! Glad you saw the DVD, makes semse of ALL the running around I do!HA. See you soon.

...dont go injuring yourself Tony!! Glad you saw the DVD, makes semse of ALL the running around I do!HA. See you soon.

ATB fcor another TO NIGHT at Lowton for the usual suspects along witht he team in the DDA room. Sorry this will be the 2nd month I aint made it over there (this new job has totalled my soc ial calender for the minute!) but I fully expect to be there next time.

Have a good one and luv to Kev, the team, the whole damn thing!

Neil Jones :thumbup:

Guest Marcelle

And I'm working AGAIN!!! :unsure: not been able to get here for ages. Been wanting to here Phil behind the decks, and Alex is always fantastic.......Bloody work is ruining my social life. :wicked:

Have a good one everybody. :lol:

Phil.

Hiya matey .... xx seems ages since we`ve talked ....

im loooking forward to another good night ..... :D

only draw back last month my dipsy knee remembered that its old & battered :( so struggled with dancing .... :lol:

so have been on the muscle & bone repair kit my "little" :boxing: boy suggested so will be giving it (hopefully) a good work out on Fri :thumbup:

speak soon sweetie xx

ATB fcor another TO NIGHT at Lowton for the usual suspects along witht he team in the DDA room. Sorry this will be the 2nd month I aint made it over there (this new job has totalled my soc ial calender for the minute!) but I fully expect to be there next time.

Have a good one and luv to Kev, the team, the whole damn thing!

Neil Jones :unsure:

Hi Neil inna rush was we? :lol: take it you mean a TOP NIGHT !!!!!!

See you next Friday at the North Manchester soiree

Hi Neil inna rush was we? :lol: take it you mean a TOP NIGHT !!!!!!

See you next Friday at the North Manchester soiree

:unsure: ..hopeless!. lol

Gutted I'm gonna miss lowton too, i'm working until midnight.. have a top night guys!.

Baz - I've put something in the post, hope that's ok.

See you next week at Bury..

Jayne.x

Looking forward to meeting him Mark. thumbsup.gif

How much is the book if you don't mind me asking?

Have seen it on line and i have to say it's very good indeed... the 'Kings of Soul' pic was a surprise though! ohmy.gif:lol:

Joan the book is priced at £60 includes 2 CD's + a CD with information about the artists that appear in the book, looking forward to introducing Greg and family to one of the better nights in the north west, the usual friendly crowd and of course some great music. C U there tonight. Mark + Chico

well just packing final cut of tunes and the grumpyfella won't be grumpy tonight as i've just passed my driving test!!! smile.gif:lol::lol: the roads are no longer safe!!!

cheers

phil

well done!

let someone else drive tonight though as you'll be all excited shades.gif

sorry we can't come to hear you play but thats what parenthood does to you....