THE ORWELL @ JOES BAR

DARLINGTON

SUNDAY 29th JULY

4 UNTIL LATE

FREE ENTRY

SOUL SAM,STEVE PLUMB & FLANNY(TBC)

+ A SELECTION OF THE RESIDENT JOES BAR DJ,S

FOOD AVAILABLE ,DETAILS OF LOCAL ACCOMODATION POSTED SOON

THIS PROMISES TO BE A FANTASTIC NIGHT JOES IS AN INTIMATE VENUE WITH TONS OF ATMOSPHERE COME EARLY TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT ITS USUALLY PACKED ON OUR BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY NIGHTS, BOOK MONDAY OFF THIS WILL BE A CRACKER

HARRY

• Replies 31
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

THE ORWELL @ JOES BAR

DARLINGTON

SUNDAY 29th JULY

4 UNTIL LATE

FREE ENTRY

THIS PROMISES TO BE A FANTASTIC NIGHT JOES IS AN INTIMATE VENUE WITH TONS OF ATMOSPHERE COME EARLY TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT ITS USUALLY PACKED ON OUR BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY NIGHTS, BOOK MONDAY OFF THIS WILL BE A CRACKER

HARRY

Really gutted to be on holiday for this one. Hope it's as good as the last few I've been to :D

Think of me lying on a beach in Italy.

Kx

THE ORWELL @ JOES BAR

DARLINGTON

SUNDAY 29th JULY

4 UNTIL LATE

FREE ENTRY

HARRY

THIS WILL BE A GREAT NIGHT - COME ON PUNTERS TOP DJS AND FREE ENTRY WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR. SHOULD BE A PACKER!

CANT WAIT, IVE GOT THE MONDAY OFF TO RECOVER!

SEE YOU ALL THERE AT THIS FRIENDLY AND STYLISH VENUE!

YOU WONT BE DISSAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!

DAZ

HOTELS

ANYONE WANTING TO STOP OVER FOR THIS SPECIAL ROOM RATES HAVE BEEN SORTED AT

HOTEL BANNATYNE

DOUBLE ROOM INCLUDING BREAKFAST 50 POUNDS

SINGLE OCCUPANCY INCLUDING BREAKFAST 40 POUNDS

RING THE HOTEL ON (01325)365858 AND QUOTE 'JOES BAR SOUL NIGHT'

THE GEORGE PUBLIC HOUSE

PRICES VARY 15 TO 25 POUNDS DEPENDING ON OCCUPANCY

RING ON (01325)481686 ASK FOR DAVE AND QUOTE 'JOES BAR SOUL NIGHT'

BOTH PLACES ARE WELL WITHIN STAGGERING DISTANCE ON JOES BAR

THE ORWELL @ JOES BAR

DARLINGTON

SUNDAY 29th JULY

4 UNTIL LATE

FREE ENTRY

HARRY

Hi Harry Flanny here, just confirming D.J,ing sunday really looking forward to coming over, will be staying over with my wife Debbie, please email address and post code for the old sat nav see you around 4 on sunday best Flanny brisoulrare@btinternet.com

HOTELS

ANYONE WANTING TO STOP OVER FOR THIS SPECIAL ROOM RATES HAVE BEEN SORTED AT

HOTEL BANNATYNE

DOUBLE ROOM INCLUDING BREAKFAST 50 POUNDS

SINGLE OCCUPANCY INCLUDING BREAKFAST 40 POUNDS

RING THE HOTEL ON (01325)365858 AND QUOTE 'JOES BAR SOUL NIGHT'

THE GEORGE PUBLIC HOUSE

PRICES VARY 15 TO 25 POUNDS DEPENDING ON OCCUPANCY

RING ON (01325)481686 ASK FOR DAVE AND QUOTE 'JOES BAR SOUL NIGHT'

BOTH PLACES ARE WELL WITHIN STAGGERING DISTANCE ON JOES BAR

GONNA BE A PACKER ME THINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE WEEKS COMING UP TO THIS IN JOES BAR WE HAVE

FRIDAY 6th CARLO & NORTHERN NEV

SATURDAY 7th SHEP & PETE FOSTER

FRIDAY 13th GAZ SIMON & KEV KANE

SATURDAY 14th DARREN CARR & EWAN RENTON

FRIDAY 20th JIMMY BAYLES & TREVOR FLOWERS

SATURDAY 21st HARRY & CARLO

THE VERY BEST IN 70s 80s X-OVER SOUL

EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY TOTALLY FREE

JOES BAR

GRANGE ROAD

DARLINGTON

Guest mark shepherd

Really gutted to be on holiday for this one. Hope it's as good as the last few I've been to thumbsup.gif

Kx

only if you think of me lying in a gutter in darlington.

looking forward to this night,

rumour has it sam , flanny and steve will play 1 for 1 trading with the residents, its a quaint darlington soul tradition were everyone opens there record boxes and, with 1 minute on the clock, us residents grab a handful of our records and trade 1 for 1 with the records in the guests boxes, the guests are,nt allowed to intervene. then we all lock our boxes and go home, :thumbsup:

shep

Really gutted to be on holiday for this one. Hope it's as good as the last few I've been to :lol:

Kx

only if you think of me lying in a gutter in darlington.

looking forward to this night,

rumour has it sam , flanny and steve will play 1 for 1 trading with the residents, its a quaint darlington soul tradition were everyone opens there record boxes and, with 1 minute on the clock, us residents grab a handful of our records and trade 1 for 1 with the records in the guests boxes, the guests are,nt allowed to intervene. then we all lock our boxes and go home, :boxing:

shep

Actually, I'd probably go home with much better records biggrin.gif

Guest mark shepherd

i doubt that very much mr plumb, a lot of mine came from your site so im guessing theyre your spares :shades:

are you saying you'll play the game then ?

shep

Edited by mark shepherd

RESIDENTS CONFIRMED TO BE ON WITH THE ORWELL NIGHT ON THE 29th JULY

PETE FOSTER

SHEP

EWAN RENTON

DARREN CARR

+ WAITING TO HEAR FROM ANOTHER GUEST FOR THE NIGHT

ORWELL/YARMOUTH ETC ETC BOROS MIKE CHARLTON

FINGERS CROSSED HE CAN MAKE IT TOO FOR WHATS ALREADY SHAPING UP TO BE A GREAT NIGHT

i doubt that very much mr plumb, a lot of mine came from your site so im guessing theyre your spares :rolleyes:

are you saying you'll play the game then ?

shep

Hi Shep

Oh aye, they were spares alright, couldn't part with my own copies - way way way too good for that, especially the Polydor 45 and don't get me started on the Cygnet 45 - top stuff mate thumbsup.gif

Go on then, I'll play if i can submit me sales box :P:lol::lol:

See you on the 29th :(

Cheers

Steve

hi harry,its pete foster here,been talking to people about 29th, asking will there be a place to dance? hope you can sort something out,maybe round corner past toilets,thats only if people finished dining

see you later pete

PETE AROUND THE CORNER WILL BE CLEARED AS WILL MOST OF THE FURNITURE DOWNSTAIRS SO HOPEFULLY THE WHOLE OF DOWNSTAIRS WILL BE A DANCE FLOOR AS ITS ALL WOOD ANYWAY .ANYONE WANTING TO EAT WILL GO UPSTAIRS AND IF ITS TOO BUSY SOME OF THAT CAN BE CLEARED TOO AS THE MUSIC CAN GO UPSTAIRS TOO ,AND ITS ONLT BUFFET TYPE FOOD AS FAR AS I KNOW

SO IT SHOULD BE OK

Guest mark shepherd

was at joes this afternoon for a spot of lunch and its not open to diners on sunday 29th,

but dave the gaffer is putting on buffet food.

will be cleared of moveable tables and chairs downstairs for those who want to shake their groove thang......

get there early peeps, it does'nt hold a vast amount of patrons

oh and harry said the DJ,s drinks are on him...........or did i make that one up

and i will be pulling the labels of anything covered up and announcing them to the world......another quaint darlington custom

shep :thumbsup:

RESIDENTS CONFIRMED TO BE ON WITH THE ORWELL NIGHT ON THE 29th JULY

PETE FOSTER

SHEP

EWAN RENTON

DARREN CARR

+ WAITING TO HEAR FROM ANOTHER GUEST FOR THE NIGHT

ORWELL/YARMOUTH ETC ETC BOROS MIKE CHARLTON

FINGERS CROSSED HE CAN MAKE IT TOO FOR WHATS ALREADY SHAPING UP TO BE A GREAT NIGHT

ALSO CONFIRMED FOR SUNDAY --KEV KANE

JUST GETS BETTER

Guest mark shepherd

kev cane :rolleyes: were did he come from, the soul slut

anyway are the residents on in any kind of order at any kinda times,

just off the top of your head, harry - A.K.A. laid back larry :ohmy:

shep

Edited by mark shepherd

kev cane :ohmy: were did he come from, the soul slut

anyway are the residents on in any kind of order at any kinda times,

just off the top of your head, harry - A.K.A. laid back larry :thumbsup:

shep

STILL WORKING OUT THE DJ TIMES SHEP ,TRYING TO KEEP EVERYBODY HAPPY (EXCEPT YOU) I,M NOT LAYED BACK I,M DRINKING MYSELF INTO A TRANCE LIKE SEMI COMA WITH WORRY :rolleyes: THAT ITS GOING TO BUZZ LIKE F**K ON SUNDAY AND ALL THE SIGNS ARE THAT IT IS ,HOWEVER IF YOUR STILL NOT HAPPY AND NEED A DEFFINATE TIME THAT YOU,LL BE ON SO YOU CAN MAKE A GRAND ENTRANCE HOW DOES FIRST FIVE MINUTES LAST FIVE MINUTES GRAB YA :ohmy:

Guest mark shepherd

might be an idea to get there a bit earlier baz, in case it is full and doors locked, its not the biggest venue in the world

5 minutes at the start and the end,may be a little short harry as another record was deliverd today which makes 7 in total.

and dont give me anything to do late on, who knows what might happen........ :)

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

What a coup for Darlington & Joes Bar :unsure::rolleyes::lol:

Soul Sam

Flanny

Steve Plum

3 Legends playing fantastic 70's crossover-a must for all who can possibly make it

If Flanny's set is half as good as his Piercebridge spot last year then we're all in for a treat!! :rolleyes:

Edited by SAFC-SOULBOY

What a coup for Darlington & Joes Bar :lol::yes::yes:

Soul Sam

Flanny

Steve Plum

3 Legends playing fantastic 70's crossover-a must for all who can possibly make it

If Flanny's set is half as good as his Piercebridge spot last year then we're all in for a treat!! thumbsup.gif

BOTH STEVE & SAM BRINGING SALES BOXES TOO ,SO BRING YOUR PENNIES .

ANYONE ELSE WHO WISHES TO BRING A SALES BOX PLEASE FEEL FREE

Guest mark shepherd

just thought of a problem.

normal joes bar nite = just playing soul records to darlingtons civilian population, who've normaly had a few and never been to a soul nite

this sunday, instead of closing my eyes and pulling out any old record to play, will i have to play records that FIT together in a soulful manner. :P

if i list my 7 records, could someone put them together for me :D

if not, then i'll take the first 5 minutes, please Harry, as previously offered.

shep :huh:

BOTH STEVE & SAM BRINGING SALES BOXES TOO ,SO BRING YOUR PENNIES .

ANYONE ELSE WHO WISHES TO BRING A SALES BOX PLEASE FEEL FREE

HI EVERYONE WHOS GOING TO JOES BAR ON SUNDAY, FLANNY HERE, I WILL ALSO BE BRINGING A SALES BOX TO DIE, FOR FORGET ABOUT MANSHIPS WAILING WALL SOME TASTY ITEMS GOTTA GO, ASK PLUMBY,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

KENNY HAMBER / CHARISMA BAND / ARCADES ETC :P:D

SEE YOU ALL SUNDAY !! :huh::huh::P:lol:

HI EVERYONE WHOS GOING TO JOES BAR ON SUNDAY, FLANNY HERE, I WILL ALSO BE BRINGING A SALES BOX TO DIE, FOR FORGET ABOUT MANSHIPS WAILING WALL SOME TASTY ITEMS GOTTA GO, ASK PLUMBY,,,,,,,,,,,,, :huh:

KENNY HAMBER / CHARISMA BAND / ARCADES ETC :D:wave:

SEE YOU ALL SUNDAY !! :huh::P:lol::D

Oh well, I'd better just bring the £1 box then as no one'll have any dosh left after Flanny's Hot Box has been unleashed on everyone :P

Cheers

Steve

STARTING THE WEEKEND OFF

TONIGHT WE HAVE

GRAHAM DINSDALE & GRAHAM TURNBULL

AND TOMORROW

DARREN CARR & EWAN RENTON

WARMING THE LOCALS UP FOR WHAT PROMISES TO BE A PACKER ON SUNDAY

DON,T FORGET PLEASE TRY NOT TO LEAVE IT TOO LATE !!!!!!!!!!!!

CANT WAIT FOR IT !

WILL BE A CRACKER AND HOPEFULLY I'M SURE A PACKER!

PLEASE GET THERE EARLY OR YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT AS THIS HAPPENS ON BANK HOLIDAYS - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. SEE ALL WHO WILL BE THERE FROM 4PM ISH ON SUNDAY OR THE NIGHT BEFORE AS I'M ON WITH EWAN 'FAST FEET' RENTON!

DAZ

I'm proper gutted to be missing this one, unfortunately its my nightshift week, which starts 10pm Sunday!! i could go till 9.30 or so but would have to leave when the night would be just kicking off, so im staying at home sulking.

Hope you all have a top night, the music will certainly be top notch.

Have a good un.

Gaz :rolleyes:

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

CANT WAIT FOR IT !

WILL BE A CRACKER AND HOPEFULLY I'M SURE A PACKER!

PLEASE GET THERE EARLY OR YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT AS THIS HAPPENS ON BANK HOLIDAYS - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. SEE ALL WHO WILL BE THERE FROM 4PM ISH ON SUNDAY OR THE NIGHT BEFORE AS I'M ON WITH EWAN 'FAST FEET' RENTON!

DAZ

That's right....I will be there with my finest shoes on.....Go easy on the red wine tonight mate-Lets not have a repeat of the early finish in Scotland last week :D:yes: