Skegness Mini-alldayer. 23/06/2007

Myself & Gail were honored guests of Dave & Donna at this event, so set off early with Nell & Jean & followed Col & Michelle to Skeggy so as to be there early & refreshed for the night ahead, which we were after a light lunch enroute & a long shower & rest. :sleep3:

The "Sun Castle" was literally across the road from our Hotel, so not far to fall into bed (thank god). It a replica of a Castle & even has 2 knights standing guard on the battlements, through the drawbridge we were greeted by the Delectable Donna & Dave & after much shaking of hands & hugs & kisses we made our way into the main arena, a replica of a Great Manor hall but without Adam Ant & Diana Dors attempting the Prince Charming moves. :D

A good size room with a large dancefloor (not sticky) plenty of tables etc & a big screen showing footage from recent Skeggy weekenders, through a door into a small room with a smaller dancefloor where the rarer stuff was to be played, only complaint's which are really petty are, only 1 bar which could get busy & glass roof & large windows making it very light but as I say that was very minor. blush.gif

There was a vast array of Dj'ing talent on show & our table switched between both rooms all night so we missed some sets but listened & danced to some terrific sets; Hockey was first up & did a great set & deserves more spots & was happy even though he played to 20 people or so, Jonathan played a lovely 70's Cleethorpes set, Ian Gee played the best spot I've heard him play, Yocky played a nice varied spot which included Constellations - "I don't know about you" for me & Gail, so a gold star m8, caught part of Paul Seward & later Rob Thomas's sets in back room & liked very much what I heard & finally Sam who we followed from main to back room & who was excellent as always.Punters in the main room showed their appreciation by keeping the dancefloor busy allnight & that included me. :D

So with the others there was plenty of variety for the 220ish soulies that attended, I'm just sorry there wasn't more in back room for the Dj's (9 for Sam's last hour & 20 max all night) & more in total for Dave but with Luton 6th Anniversary & Peterborough nighter on then it would always be a struggle but it seems everybody went home happy. We'll be back for more event like the weekenders as we love it & it's a very friendly place with a lot of faces we know;Richard & Julie, Chris, Yocky & Joy, Brigitte, Carole, Paul & Sue, Ken & Carolyn, Ian & Sally & Payo & Kim to name but a few. :(

Anyway about the reference "Donna drinks em dry" well that refers to the fact that at 6pm Donna was looking lovely & demure at the door with a small glass of red wine in hand & as the night wore on & the glass got larger & the facade started to slip & the wine began to flow quicker for both Donna & Gail, the demureness evaporated along with the wine to be replaced by drunken dishevelledness & dance mania & a dry wine cellar but credit where credits due the next morning she was at the cafe (although a little late) as bright & breezy & full of fun as ever. But seriously thanks for a lovely time Dave & Donna. beer.gif:D

So till our next adventure, Take care & be safe,

Spot. :(

Edited by spot
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

got to agree with ya spot , i thought it was a good night. and we could of done with a few more in the back room.

i was on with chris forrest and i think there was about 20 in then. but a good night was had.

roll on september at the grovesnor.

rupe

Rupe, you maybe won't remember me but I was the one who you thought was trying to steal Sam's records when I took a box off you & took it to Sam's car for him. Can't believe only me & you posted up to now, the night deserves more. :ohmy:

SO COME ON PEOPLE LET'S HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS. wave.gif

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :wicked:

p.s. We'll be at Lifeline Saturday Rupe, so may see you & Carol there? thumbsup.gif

Guest MissDee

Anyway about the reference "Donna drinks em dry" well that refers to the fact that at 6pm Donna was looking lovely & demure at the door with a small glass of red wine in hand & as the night wore on & the glass got larger & the facade started to slip & the wine began to flow quicker for both Donna & Gail, the demureness evaporated along with the wine to be replaced by drunken dishevelledness & dance mania & a dry wine cellar but credit where credits due the next morning she was at the cafe (although a little late) as bright & breezy & full of fun as ever. But seriously thanks for a lovely time Dave & Donna. :D:sweatingbullets:

Spot - I am very hurt by these remarks - I was at the coffee bar on time!!!! :thumbsup:

Excellent night - Gail and I had matching red wine smiles - The Joker from Batman is soooo a good look!!!!

Thanks to everyone who came into the coffee bar during Saturday and Sunday - it was a fantastic atmosphere in there - Spot's impression of Gail when she's had a few was unforgettable and had us all reaching for the Tena Ladies :no::D:D:D:lol::lol:

See you all soon !!

Donna & Dave :yes:

Rupe, you maybe won't remember me but I was the one who you thought was trying to steal Sam's records when I took a box off you & took it to Sam's car for him. Can't believe only me & you posted up to now, the night deserves more. :yes:

SO COME ON PEOPLE LET'S HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS. :D

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :thumbsup:

p.s. We'll be at Lifeline Saturday Rupe, so may see you & Carol there? :sweatingbullets:

now i know who you are. and no mate dont think we'll make lifeline this time , have a good nite.

rupe

rupe, have you got chris & your play list ?, any others from the back room ?

mine was not sure what order can't rememer that much.

marshall, donovan,bloomfield - since i found my baby

doc peabody - hear without you

the dells - closer

peter prewitt - u a

arabians- please take a chance on me

roger hatcher - sweetest girl in the world

truth - coming home

chubby and the turnpikes - i know the inside story.

i'll try and think of chris's .

Anyway about the reference "Donna drinks em dry" well that refers to the fact that at 6pm Donna was looking lovely & demure at the door with a small glass of red wine in hand & as the night wore on & the glass got larger & the facade started to slip & the wine began to flow quicker for both Donna & Gail, the demureness evaporated along with the wine to be replaced by drunken dishevelledness & dance mania & a dry wine cellar but credit where credits due the next morning she was at the cafe (although a little late) as bright & breezy & full of fun as ever. But seriously thanks for a lovely time Dave & Donna. :no::thumbsup:

Spot - I am very hurt by these remarks - I was at the coffee bar on time!!!! :lol:

Excellent night - Gail and I had matching red wine smiles - The Joker from Batman is soooo a good look!!!!

Thanks to everyone who came into the coffee bar during Saturday and Sunday - it was a fantastic atmosphere in there - Spot's impression of Gail when she's had a few was unforgettable and had us all reaching for the Tena Ladies :(:yes::)laugh.giflaugh.gif:lol:

See you all soon !!

Donna & Dave :D

Donna the photo will be on to absolve you honest

oooh

Img2007-06-23-191825.jpg

Img2007-06-23-212721.jpg

Img2007-06-23-211324.jpg

• 3 weeks later...