Ducie Bridge Playlist

Guest Johnny One Trout

Guest Johnny One Trout

We had a bit of an outing on Saturday in sunny Manchester at the ultra smart :o Ducie Bridge pub it was all in aid of Stevie Cato's Birthday and an eclectic bunch of people were asked to spin some discs including our own Jamien Harthole, Rich Buckley, Brett Franklin, Mike Hughes John May Andy BB and Dave Rimmer who even delved into the 70's for the first few :o I thought someone had spiked my drink :wicked: anyway it was a cracking day's jollifications and we even had a member of the cast of 2 Pints of lager jigging away to the tunage. We didn't get the longest spots in the world but over the day we had some pretty varied spots from everyone. Anyway here's roughly what Ali and Myself played in our spot.

Spartans - I don't need another lover - Era

Summits - I can't get over losing you - Dontee

Nightchill - Hop Skip & a jump - Tra-Sand

Four Real Inc - The Man (Masterplan) - Flying Eagles

Pioneers - My Good Friend James - Ice

Sy Hightower - I know you're leaving me - Karmen

Wee - Try me - Owl

Rhythm Machine - Put a smile on time - Lulu

Three Prophets - I think I really love you - Together

Ascots - Just A Few Feet From The Gutter - American Playboy

Benny Harper - My Prayer - Harper Soul

Ed Simpson - Pinch Hitter - Gold Future

Florence Miller - The Groove I'm In - P&P

The Jades - L-O-V-E I love you - Imperial

Darius - Hello Stranger - Chartmaker

Harvey Averne Dozen - Central Park - Uptite

All in all a super warm up for the cockles of our hearts prior to our very first NCSC. As i said a very very enjoyable and eclectic mix of music through out the day and Brett even Managed to play that Ultimate Kaos record he kept on going on about :D:wicked::lol:wink.gif

Troutster

PS would be nice to see some other playlists now that i have finally gotten my own ponderous arse into gear..............................................don't get me wrong i'm not into gear :D

• Replies 45
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

As Johnnie May has already mentioned, John & Ali played to a full house, whereas Rich Buckley and myself played to a pub full of on-strike Bin Men having a Union meeting, Twelve Irish Navvys still working on a secret link of the Manchester Ship Canal and a Cross-Dressing Jack Russell dog called 'Alan'.

3:00 - 3:40

Royal Esquires - Our Love Use To Be - Prix

Clara Ward - You're After My Guy - Imperial

Margaret Royal - I'll Never Go Away - Tra-x

Anne Heywood - Crook His Little Finger - Hondo

Dynells - Call On Me - ATCO

Jimmie Ellis - Happy To Be - Century City

James Bell & Highlighters - Amazing Love - Ro-Jam

Charles Lamont - I've Got To Keep Movin' - Challenge

Harry Deal & Galaxies - You're Always On My Mind - Eclipse

Monique - If You Love Me - Maurci

21st Century - Shadows Of A Memory - Dot

Kenny Shepherd - What Difference Does It Make - Maxx

George Smith - I've Had It - Turntable

Kell Osborne - Quicksand - Titanic

Jewel Akens - My First Lonely Night - Era

Soul Bros Inc. - Pyramid - Golden Eye

I've maybe missed the odd one, but you get the picture.

Oh, I also forgot to mention the Wolverhampton Branch of the 'Willy Rushton' Appreciation Society was in attendance (Cheers Dave Rimmer :wicked: )

And that's all folks!!!!

Edited by Jamie
Guest Johnny One Trout

I did notice that it seemed much louder early doors at one point i could have sworn that Bet Lynch's ears were bleeding behind the bar :wicked:

Nice spot Jamie Cakes shame we missed it by arriving slightly late :D Do you think Steve has eaten his cake yet, the look of horror when he got it was a picture wink.gif:wicked: Did you know that Ali slaved for two days to make that cake? she did honest :lol:

I did notice that it seemed much louder early doors at one point i could have sworn that Bet Lynch's ears were bleeding behind the bar :lol:

Nice spot Jamie Cakes shame we missed it by arriving slightly late :D Do you think Steve has eaten his cake yet, the look of horror when he got it was a picture :Dwink.gif Did you know that Ali slaved for two days to make that cake? she did honest :(

link

Crivens!!! :wicked: I'd forgot about that cake laugh.gif

Poor Stevie looked like he was going to pass out at the thought of having a slice. Oh well, that's his shopping taken care of for a couple of months!!! :D

And did lucky Mr Trout get to lick the Spoon & Bowl clean after Mama had made it I wonder?? :wicked:

Guest Johnny One Trout

Crivens!!! :wicked:   I'd forgot about that cake  :lol:

Poor Stevie looked like he was going to pass out at the thought of having a slice. Oh well, that's his shopping taken care of for a couple of months!!! wink.gif

link

Criven's indeed Jamiecakes I could sense that he would be going straight into sugarshock just from looking at it :D:wicked:

Guest Andy BB

I was absolutely flying so can't remember too much but these were definitely in amongst em. Just count yourselves lucky we were double-decking!

Patience Valentine - If you don't come - SAR

Kenny Lonas - Would you Believe - Columbia

Tony Clarke - Wrong Man - M-S

Edwin Starr - Agent 00 Soul - Errm

Sunny Ridell - Come out in my world - White Cliffs

Guest Richard Bergman

A royally good time was had on saturday least of all at the Ducie - although it started precariously as me and Matt arrived late due to a mixture of traffic jams and hangovers from our previous nights excusrsions at a London rockabilly night !

I'll mail Matt and ask him to put his playlist up.

I think I can just about remember my playlist (he says )

Ruth Brown - I dont Know - Atlantic

Teardrops - Call Me And I'll Be Happy - Saxony

Johnny Moore - Lonely Heart In the City - Blue Rock

Tams - Deep Inside Me - Arlen

Chi Chi - Just Let It Happen - Kapp

Pauline Shivers - Wont You Come Back Home - Opex

Candi Staton - Too Hurt To Cry - Fame

Oscar Perry - He Sent Me You - Mercury

Also another bonus of the weekend was that I mnaged to pick up a copy of the Masqueraders "how big is big " on Bell for - whoopeee !!!!

Joe Orton

Sunny Ridell - Come out in my world - White Cliffs

link

Nice to see this on a few playlists lately - great tune :wicked:

Anne Heywood - Crook His Little Finger  - Hondo

link

And likewise, couple of lovely choices :wicked:

Because i'm an organised type of guy, I put the records back into my box as i played them, so here they are........

GAIL ANDERSON....LET'S FALL IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN...GAMBLE D.J

MARGIE JOSEPH...ONE MORE CHANCE...VOLT D.J

ROZ RYAN...YOU'RE MY ONLY TEMPTATION..VOLT D.J

LITTLE FOXES....SO GLAD YOUR LOVE DON'T CHANGE.....OKEH D.J

PATTI WARD....YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR LOVE...ROAD

MARRIOTTS....TELL IT LIKE IT IS..... ABC D.J

ALMETA LATTIMORE...THESE MEMORIES.....MAINSTREAM

WILLIE TEE....FIRST TASTE OF HURT...GATUR

CHARLES BRIMMER....THE FEELING IN MY HEART....BROADMOOR

HESITATIONS...IS THIS THE WAY TO TREAT A GIRL.....GWP

DYNAMICS.....YOU MAKE ME FEEL GOOD....RCA

DEENA JOHNSON.....THE BREAKING POINT....WILD DEUCE D.J

DANELLE DARRIS...DON'T LOVE ME AND LEAVE ME....COMMERCE

CHOSEN FEW...THE BIRTH OF A PLAYBOY....CANYON

ATHENS ROGUES....SHE COULD LOVE ME....STOP

SONNY ALLEN...YOUR LOVE WAS SO WONDERFUL....HITPACK

SHIRLEY WAHLS....WHY AM i CRYING....KING

MILL EVANS.....WHY WHY WHY....KING

Big thanks to Steve Cato for inviting me to spin some tunes.......... :wicked:

Because i'm an organised type of guy, I put the records back into my box as i played them, so here they are........

link

Fine choice indeed Mr May.

Just pondering if Charles Brimmer recorded his track 'Johnny Bragg' style??? :wicked:

Although he doesn't sound criminally insane, so possibly I'm wrong!

DEENA JOHNSON.....THE BREAKING POINT....WILD DEUCE  D.J

:wicked: swoon, drool, etc... errr nice set :wicked:

Guest Richard Bergman

Matt B playlist just in from some goverment hideout in Leeds -

The Centre Stage - Are You There? - RCA

Love Potion - This Love - Kapp

Linda Griner - Goodbye Cruel Love - Motown

The Lovelites - My Conscience - Lovelite

Deon Jackson - Someday The Sun Will Shine - Unissued

Watts Community Choir - What The World Needs Now... - Proverb.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

As Johnnie May has already mentioned, John & Ali played to a full house, whereas Rich Buckley and myself played to a pub full of on-strike Bin Men having a Union meeting, Twelve Irish Navvys still working on a secret link of the Manchester Ship Canal and a Cross-Dressing Jack Russell dog called 'Alan'.

3:00 - 3:40

Royal Esquires - Our Love Use To Be - Prix

Clara Ward - You're After My Guy  - Imperial

Margaret Royal - I'll Never Go Away - Tra-x

Anne Heywood - Crook His Little Finger  - Hondo

Dynells - Call On Me - ATCO

Jimmie Ellis - Happy To Be - Century City

James Bell & Highlighters - Amazing Love - Ro-Jam

Charles Lamont - I've Got To Keep Movin' - Challenge

Harry Deal & Galaxies - You're Always On My Mind - Eclipse

Monique - If You Love Me - Maurci

21st Century - Shadows Of A Memory - Dot

Kenny Shepherd - What Difference Does It Make - Maxx

George Smith - I've Had It - Turntable

Kell Osborne - Quicksand - Titanic

Soul Bros Inc. - Pyramid - Golden Eye

I've maybe missed the odd one, but you get the picture.

Oh, I also forgot to mention the Wolverhampton Branch of the 'Willy Rushton' Appreciation Society was in attendance (Cheers Dave Rimmer  :wicked: )

And that's all folks!!!!

link

Actually not quite - my hazy memory :lol: recalls also spinning Joe Douglas - Crazy Things (Playhouse) as well!! What a great day/night it was though and great to see loads of Soul Sourcers all over the place!! Big thanks to Paul B for putting us up in his gaff after the niter and providing copious amounts of chilled lager :wicked: Cheers my man!

Rich

Actually not quite - my hazy memory  :lol: recalls also spinning Joe Douglas  - Crazy Things (Playhouse) as well!! What a great day/night it was though and great to see loads of Soul Sourcers all over the place!! Big thanks to Paul B for putting us up in his gaff after the niter and providing copious amounts of chilled lager  :wicked: Cheers my man!

Rich

link

I played a few more too, but I'll have to look through the box tonight for a memory jogger I think!! :wicked:

I am still looking at that cake Johnny,it will go to Prestatyn....I also spun a few tunes but i can't remember what,it was one of those days...I will have a look tonight and post tomorrow...All my tunes will be cheap and deep...It was a great day and i think the Ducie will go on for ever and ever....Rachel,can you come and play sometime....We have Stamford from soul source on at the end of Feb...

Like Jack and jill i'm going over the hill........

Guest Johnny One Trout

GAIL ANDERSON....LET'S FALL IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN...GAMBLE D.J

PATTI WARD....YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR LOVE...ROAD

MARRIOTTS....TELL IT LIKE IT IS..... ABC  D.J

DEENA JOHNSON.....THE BREAKING POINT....WILD DEUCE  D.J

DANELLE DARRIS...DON'T LOVE ME AND LEAVE ME....COMMERCE

CHOSEN FEW...THE BIRTH OF A PLAYBOY....CANYON

ATHENS ROGUES....SHE COULD LOVE ME....STOP

SONNY ALLEN...YOUR LOVE WAS SO WONDERFUL....HITPACK

MILL EVANS.....WHY WHY WHY....KING

Big thanks to Steve Cato for inviting me to spin some tunes.......... :thumbup:

link

Great stuff John Boy blush.gif:thumbup:

What a day......... can remember things in small flashes, saw over 100 well heeled Londoners march down the street at some point in the procedings, and i greeted them like some awful Northern Consierge.

Playlist......(barely remember this point, certain i doubled with Andy or possibly trebled with Nick Hackett :thumbup: ) In no order, may have played some more ?

George Wydell - From Out Of Nowhere (Tangerine)

George Smith - I've Had It (Turntable *)

Brenda Starr - Satan, Let Me Sleep Tonight (Polydor *)

George Freeman - Down And Out (Valiant *)

Ozz And His Sperlings - Can You Qualify (Goldenway *)

Freddie Houston - If I Had Known (Bell Sound Studios Acetate)

Jo Ann Garrett - A Whole New Plan (Chess)

Ruby - Deceived (Gold Token)

Vivian Copeland - Chaos (In My Heart) (D'oro)

* Demo

Edited by Brett

:thumbup: swoon, drool, etc... errr nice set  blush.gif

link

Rachel will be playing at the Ducie Bridge on Feb 26th..I hope you all give her a big welcome..

link

Thanks for that Rach, If Alison says you have taste then you obviously must have. You'll love the Ducie, and you'll enjoy D.Jing from beind the bar beer.gif You can guarentee someone will come and ask you to serve them...... :thumbup:

Guest Andy BB

Thanks for that Rach, If Alison says you have taste then you obviously must have.  You'll love the Ducie, and you'll enjoy D.Jing from beind the bar biggrin.gif   You can guarentee someone will come and ask you to serve them...... :thumbup:

link

We were behind the bar?

Bloody hell! I thought that was the DJ hospitality area. I owe the Ducie a couple of beers :thumbup:

Guest Johnny One Trout

What a day......... can remember things in small flashes, saw over 100 well heeled Londoners march down the street at some point in the procedings, and i greeted them like some awful Northern Consierge.

Playlist......(barely remember this point, certain i doubled with Andy or possibly trebled with Nick Hackett  :thumbup: ) In no order, may have played some more ?

* Demo

link

Nice one Brett I knew you played that Ultimate Kaos record biggrin.gif

Great stuff pal i especially love the Brenda Starr :thumbup:

Playlist......(barely remember this point, certain i doubled with Andy or possibly trebled with Nick Hackett  :thumbup: ) In no order, may have played some more ?

* Demo

link

Excellent Arras there, shame I missed it buddy. For some strange reason I seem to think I was fitting a dancefloor at the same time biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, remembered I played Stanley Mitchell - Quit Twistin My Arm - Dynamo. I think there may be another, but hell, it was 'boys own' stuff in the boozer.

J :thumbup:

Guest Johnny One Trout

Nah you'd finnished your Mr Shifter routine by then Jamolian the sight of you in your sweaty T Shirt still gives me the horn now :thumbup:biggrin.gif I believe we are still awaiting input from the Head Honcho, the Big Cheese, The Main Maaaaaan .......Mike?? I know you played the Isonics the rest sadly is a blur :thumbup:

Life at times can be very infuriating, i wish in one way that i wasn't hammered early doors, because i genuinely would have loved to hear(meaning remember) every persons set, but on the other hand a session that starts roughly at dinner accompanied by great mates and top drawer rare soul can't be missed......i think this is what they call a foul filthy DICHOTOMY :thumbsup:

Guest Johnny One Trout

I don't know about Dichotomy Brett there are some morining's when i feel as though i've had a full frontal Lobotomy :thumbsup::yes:

Strangely enough i have a pretty good recall (given the state of my memory normally this is remarkable) of Saturday's events up until around Midnight when things went alarmingly etherial :yes: and my legs and head went west wink.gif

I don't know about Dichotomy Brett there are some morining's when i feel as though i've had a full frontal Lobotomy :thumbsup::yes:

Strangely enough i have a pretty good recall (given the state of my memory normally this is remarkable) of Saturday's events up until around Midnight when things went alarmingly etherial :yes: and my legs and head went west wink.gif

link

You Wag Mr Nightingale :P:P

Must say John/Ali that Darius version of the Barbara Lewis track is simply wonderful.....full marks for that.....oh and the Pioneers.........fantastic....must now go dig your CD out......hang on a minute..... :thumbsup:

Guest Johnny One Trout

Must say John/Ali that Darius version of the Barbara Lewis track is simply wonderful.....full marks for that.....oh and the Pioneers.........fantastic....must now go dig your CD out......hang on a minute..... :thumbsup:

link

Brett I'll send you another with a few more of the tunes from Saturday on it :yes::yes:

JoT

Please may i have one as well---the one alison gave me at the orwell was fanbloodytastic---been driving the neighbours mad with it all week---it was troutmusic vol 3---  jo

link

Jo - be happy to - we love to share, that's what it's all about :thumbsup:

Poor Steve, that CD was actually his birthday pressie I handed over in my tiddly condition....I made up for it with the presentation of a huge scary cake. He looked at it like it was made of ground up monsters and bug eyed frogs !!!

PM me your addy and we'll post out some of our "Groovy" series. The Groovy Boat, The Groovy Train, Feline Groovy (can you sense a common thought here :yes: )

Edited by alison

link

A Westcoast psychedelic rarity apparently :yes: No, its not the Pop Idol geezer, more of a Jim Morrison wannabee. Ours is a 45 but the album is supposedly highly collectable.

Agree though, its a gorgeous version, very Xover-y and the instrumentral break is to die for.

post-856-1107535863_thumb.jpg

Edited by alison
Guest Johnny One Trout

Please may i have one as well---the one alison gave me at the orwell was fanbloodytastic---been driving the neighbours mad with it all week---it was troutmusic vol 3---  jo

link

That's the one that Bretts getting Jo glad you liked it :thumbsup:

Trouty

Great to see these outstanding tracks getting a look in.

Top marks!!!!!!!

John

Must say that John May is about the finest DJ, that isn't a name on the scene at the moment, and that includes my good mates Jamie and Rich who languish a close second.

Actually not quite - my hazy memory  :yes: recalls also spinning Joe Douglas  - Crazy Things (Playhouse) as well!! What a great day/night it was though and great to see loads of Soul Sourcers all over the place!! Big thanks to Paul B for putting us up in his gaff after the niter and providing copious amounts of chilled lager  :yes: Cheers my man!

Rich

link

forgot about Joe Douglas.....wow....no wonder your collection makes mine look like crap Rich...brilliant stuff :thumbsup: