Attic, July 7th,1st Anniversary

hi all, so Big Daddy's coming,SteveL,Dean,Garry and myself.........anyone else?

Sheffield area still under water? No excuse chaps and chapesses!!. :(

DKOF CONTINGENT!!,can you make it? Paul D ,you coming to see your old mucker Bicknell?.

Cressy,Ray,Mark H,and ladies?,,going to Nottm?

SteveB,PeteT and ladies??,,,Chris,Sharon,BBB,???

As they say.......

COME ON DOWN,,,,,,feed your soul on Saturday nite ,from horses doovers(7.30) to dessert (12.30) ,,,,, you know it makes sense ,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and remember ,,,,,,,,,SMILE. wicked.gif

I hope it all goes well and i look forward to my trip there in the near future... :(

• Replies 109
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I hope it all goes well and i look forward to my trip there in the near future... :unsure:

You will love it Stevie, good venue run by four superb guys, top tuneage...well worth a visit and no dark corners mate....lol be good to see you there Saturday if you can make it down, i'm going on the 2.30pm coach from Manchester would be nice to have a little company going down to Mansfield.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Thinking of getting something to eat with our guest at the Black Bull about 6.30 before going upstairs to the Attic for Steve's first spot at 7.30. If you fancy a full night out, come down early and get some food with us. That way you won't miss Mr Lydon (Lie down to his friends) early gems...............I'll be there!

See you ..........Standing at the bus station, record box in your hands...........no weeping until we're drunk! at 5 Mark.

Dean

Thinking of getting something to eat with our guest at the Black Bull about 6.30 before going upstairs to the Attic for Steve's first spot at 7.30. If you fancy a full night out, come down early and get some food with us. That way you won't miss Mr Lydon (Lie down to his friends) early gems...............I'll be there!

See you ..........Standing at the bus station, record box in your hands...........no weeping until we're drunk! at 5 Mark.

Dean

Yeh..."It took me a long long time to realise"....well you know the rest!!!! still records all over the place it's 1am i'm working tomorrow but do i care? do i ****so important to me this one on Saturday oh bugger i'll bring two boxes sod the tooth brush and clean socks...lol...see you in about thirty six hours for what promises to be a huge night in one of the best little venues in the land...now back to the records...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Yeh..."It took me a long long time to realise"....well you know the rest!!!! still records all over the place it's 1am i'm working tomorrow but do i care? do i ****so important to me this one on Saturday oh bugger i'll bring two boxes sod the tooth brush and clean socks...lol...see you in about thirty six hours for what promises to be a huge night in one of the best little venues in the land...now back to the records...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

don't forget "DRIFTIN" -CLAUDE HUEY ,MARK thumbsup.gif , anyone got a spare copy???? :yes:

Hope you have a cracking 1st birthday bash down at the Attic lads :yes:

Can't make this month as i'm DJ'ing up here in Sheff but will be back down again soon.

thanks Martin,hope the recent floods are over and you can get back to normal in the Sheffield area thumbsup.gif

Sheffield area still under water? No excuse chaps and chapesses!!. biggrin.gif

DKOF CONTINGENT!!,can you make it? Paul D ,you coming to see your old mucker Bicknell?.

As they say.......

COME ON DOWN,,,,,,feed your soul on Saturday nite ,from horses doovers(7.30) to dessert (12.30) ,,,,, you know it makes sense ,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and remember ,,,,,,,,,SMILE. :yes:

Hi Kev and rest of you guys

Just back from hols sorry we gonna miss your anniversary Pam & I are off to Whitby ( I know don't get onto me but this is Pam's call) Chris and Sharon are in France on their hols now. Have a great night kind regards to everyone.

Barry and Pam Cooper (Pilsley Soul)

ps Kev I have renewed season tkt

Just back from hols sorry we gonna miss your anniversary Pam & I are off to Whitby ( I know don't get onto me but this is Pam's call) Chris and Sharon are in France on their hols now. Have a great night kind regards to everyone.

GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT!! biggrin.gif ,,SEE YOU SOON ,,KEV. :yes:

Dean

To be clear - the early food offer isn't to say the food is on us but dave (landlord) does a mean pub dinner. Whilst on this - Kev - what was that on the very first post about food laid on? I don't know anything about that - have you bought a packet of crisps or is it really the curly and soggy bits from Churms 50th?

Dean

To be clear - the early food offer isn't to say the food is on us but dave (landlord) does a mean pub dinner. Whilst on this - Kev - what was that on the very first post about food laid on? I don't know anything about that - have you bought a packet of crisps or is it really the curly and soggy bits from Churms 50th?

Dean

Dave the landlord has offered to lay on a little buffett,(sarnies to you),he's also got to shift some out of date crisps for a local villain :wicked: ,so buffet it is,,,,all for free ...

What more could you ask for 'eh??,,movin upmarket you know :huh:

MESSAGE TO SMOKERS........

UPSTAIRS AT THE ATTIC WE HAVE AN OUTSIDE "BALCONY" AREA ,THAT CAN ACCOMODATE AROUND 6 SMOKERS,SO ITS PRETTY SMALL.

OR IF YOU WANT YOU CAN CHILL OUT BY USING THE DOWNSTAIRS FACILITIES AND GETTING A BREATHER.

MESSAGE TO EARLY STARTERS....

DOWNSTAIRS IN THE BLACK BULL,DAVE THE LANDLORD SERVES UP NOT NOTCH PUB GRUB, SO WHY NOY COME EARLY , HAVE A BITE TO EAT IN THE REFURBISHED CONSERVATORY,,,,,BEFORE HEADING UPSTAIRS TO THE ATTIC,,7.30 START!!

,,,,,KEV. :wicked:

Guest krawen

:wicked::huh:

Guest krawen

can you keep to the thread please,..... :thumbsup:

Yes I agree Kev , Barry should know Fridays joke thread is in the freebasing room whistling.gif

Seriously though , stopping in tonight but will see you chaps tomorrow night :lol:

All the best

Steve B

That's it the weekends here thank god....lol just been upstairs and thought sod it i'm bringing two boxes one for the gig and one for the after party or a mix of the two for both...lol requests packed, few odd ball bits packed, few monsters, few classics so let's crossover and have a wonderful night in Mansfield...see you there.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest MickD

Sheffield area still under water? No excuse chaps and chapesses!!. biggrin.gif

As they say.......

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and remember ,,,,,,,,,SMILE. :wicked:

Hi kev..Unable to make this months as we are taking a trip down south this month, but I think Ray and Bob will be coming up to sample the delights again..

have a good un and enjoy your anniversary guys

Mickd

Just been down to the Bull and set the equipment up. The new speakers and amp are the business!! We're pretty confident there's gonna be a big improvement in sound quality. The room is is also laid out slightly different which again is much better.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone it's appreciated :wicked:

All set at this end then, bring it on!!

See y'all tomorrow beer.gif:D

Just been down to the Bull and set the equipment up. The new speakers and amp are the business!! We're pretty confident there's gonna be a big improvement in sound quality. The room is is also laid out slightly different which again is much better.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone it's appreciated :wicked:

All set at this end then, bring it on!!

See y'all tomorrow beer.gif:D

Best you batten down the windows with rather large six inch nails cos' i intend to blow the f*****s out...lol..then i'll start playing a few tunes......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Now here's a thing. As threaded earlier, new system sounding sooooo much better, but enforces the realisation that some tunes are best in big old halls - swallowing up the sound. Some are better in small intimate Attic type places. Steve L played a tune setting up tonight that just lept out of the speakers and filled the room. The Attic suits quality depth of vocal me thinks.

Spinetingling

Dean

Now here's a thing. As threaded earlier, new system sounding sooooo much better, but enforces the realisation that some tunes are best in big old halls - swallowing up the sound. Some are better in small intimate Attic type places. Steve L played a tune setting up tonight that just lept out of the speakers and filled the room. The Attic suits quality depth of vocal me thinks.

Spinetingling

Dean

Even better for one of the new tunes???? she will sound oh so sweet me thinks...lol, been to sleep once but had a dream of all things soulful, woke up now i can't get back to sleep............see you real soon.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

think me and the nut are finally going to be making it to this event.really looking forward to it.think it will be our kind of do.just got to confirm tomorrow with a mate about a lift. :wicked::D

see you later,be nice to catch up with pm's some time back thumbsup.gif

Yes I agree Kev , Barry should know Fridays joke thread is in the freebasing room :wicked:

Seriously though , stopping in tonight but will see you chaps tomorrow night thumbsup.gif

All the best

Steve B

PUT ANOTHER BARREL ON DAVE :D

Hi kev..Unable to make this months as we are taking a trip down south this month, but I think Ray and Bob will be coming up to sample the delights again..

have a good un and enjoy your anniversary guys

Mickd

have a great time down south,look forward to seeing RAY and BOB :wicked:

Guest krawen

PUT ANOTHER BARREL ON DAVE ph34r.gif

:D:wicked:

What you trying to say Kev :D anyway if Mr & Mrs Nut are coming you better put 2 barrels on ...........each :D

See you later

steve B

Guest Fatius Bumius

Afternoon All

2 barrels each?? Ya whatttttttttt.. I'll have my regular 3 barrels if you don't mind laugh.gif Doctors call it Binge Drinking, I call it getting pi&&ed :D

My son on the right can't make it tonight as he's at Alton Towers today with his Mum but the chap in the middle fancies a top night out at 'The Attic' but he say's is it ok to wear a blue shirt???lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

bring him down Mark,put him straight on tactics, then he can spin a few toons biggrin.gif .

It's £3 to get in normally,but for him,,,,£30.