Hipshaker @ Iow Scooter Rally 2007

we've been getting quite a few enquiries/requests for tickets already so i thought it best to post some info.

we're back at the ryde castle again this year for 3 nights ...... DJ line-up almost finalised.

we'll have about 17 DJ's spread over 2 rooms for the weekend, including the Guest Club Room as usual. the Guest Club Room will have a different theme/music policy each night to complement the main room.

we'll have a slightly increased capacity this year too, which should make the scramble for tickets a little less hectic ....... and the smokers will be pleased to hear that they can smoke in our beer garden, which is open the whole time we are.

tickets on sale from the wedgewood rooms soon:

https://www.wedgewood-rooms.co.uk/tickets.asp

final details and flyer to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

indeed mischief ....................... i love it. not only because we play there but the whole thing. thousands of people ... and scooters .... great buzz about the place. weather usually good too ... gives it an almost festival like feel at times.

and a really good choice of events to go to.

crown northern soul

theatre bands and 3 button heroes

vfm bands and DJ's

2 skinhead reggae do's

mod nights at the wight rock bar

ricky tick at marine bar

mohair movers in sandown

hipshaker

plus a couple of more do's in bars like the squadron and liquid lounge.

plenty!!!!!!!

indeed mischief ....................... i love it. not only because we play there but the whole thing. thousands of people ... and scooters .... great buzz about the place. weather usually good too ... gives it an almost festival like feel at times.

and a really good choice of events to go to.

crown northern soul

theatre bands and 3 button heroes

vfm bands and DJ's

2 skinhead reggae do's

mod nights at the wight rock bar

ricky tick at marine bar

mohair movers in sandown

hipshaker

plus a couple of more do's in bars like the squadron and liquid lounge.

plenty!!!!!!!

Can't wait for IOW 07 - just bought tickets for all the Hipshaker nights - fab! :ohmy:

All them do's and still people can't get in to them, cause there full..

Excellant nothing like the IOW, I have soulie friends that now go, they have no intrest in the scooters but love the buzz every where.

Its only really the IOW thats like it, I always feel that other rallys are scooterists rallys but the IOW has some thing differnt something abit special...

All them do's and still people can't get in to them, cause there full..

Excellant nothing like the IOW, I have soulie friends that now go, they have no intrest in the scooters but love the buzz every where.

Its only really the IOW thats like it, I always feel that other rallys are scooterists rallys but the IOW has some thing differnt something abit special...

your not wrong there...can't wait bloody fantastic it will be...

Guest Bearsy

There aint a weekend in the world that can give you the buzz of that the IOW gives you, so much to do and such little time to do it in,

im up for the Crown on Friday and Sunday and the awsome Hipshaker on the Saturday,

i am calling around everyone now and i should be wanting about 10 tickets for the Saturday so expect a call in the next couple of days.

happy days :ohmy:

glad you got sorted soulsauce!

bearsy ...... you will find it cheaper if you pay as a group of people as the box office we use add a 50p fee per ticket (cheap as far as fees go) but also a £1.50 credit card transaction fee per transaction. so, for 10 tickets just the one transaction fee. i don't think there is a transaction fee if they send a cheque though .... and there is no extra to pay for postage.

and as everyone is saying ... the buzz is good. venues always busy, plenty of choice. probably more than even we know going on.

Edited by hipshaker 05
Guest Bearsy

glad you got sorted soulsauce!

bearsy ...... you will find it cheaper if you pay as a group of people as the box office we use add a 50p fee per ticket (cheap as far as fees go) but also a £1.50 credit card transaction fee per transaction. so, for 10 tickets just the one transaction fee. i don't think there is a transaction fee if they send a cheque though .... and there is no extra to pay for postage.

and as everyone is saying ... the buzz is good. venues always busy, plenty of choice. probably more than even we know going on.

i will just phone its a lot easier, i need 10 for saturday and 1 for friday and sunday so far, if its half as good as saturday last year its going to be a good night. cant wait now :unsure:

got to agree with the comments above, the IOW weekender does have its own special atmosphere.

I'm not particularly into scooters - but its still a cracking trip and top music all over the place - lead by the Hipshaker nights!

Good choice of Richard Brown chaps,

Have a good one

Dave

hmm .... not as popular as i thought, but thanks for your effort bearsy!!

perhaps somene could ask me about directions ... that usually seems good for at least half a dozen bumps!!

i have a bit of useful info though ..... the box office is open mon to sat, midday to 7pm on 023 9286 3911.

Guest Bearsy

hmm .... not as popular as i thought, but thanks for your effort bearsy!!

perhaps somene could ask me about directions ... that usually seems good for at least half a dozen bumps!!

i have a bit of useful info though ..... the box office is open mon to sat, midday to 7pm on 023 9286 3911.

called them today and they said tickets are not in until next week but they can be pre ordered from the website,

shall i wait or is it a risk, unsure.gif

Guest colin

Hi Hipshaker, always had a really good time at Ryde Castle during the Bank Holiday Weekend. Usually go to Soles Shoes, Brilliant. I am sure this August will be no exception. The Isle of Wight Scooter Rally has such a great atmosphere. Good luck Sue and Col Isle of Wight Soul Club.

Edited by colin

blimey ....... i'm starting to feel like one of those popular clubs whose mates keep bumping up the thread :huh:

I can't imagine anyone on hear stooping to those sort of tatics, mate.

Dave (who's never met you before - well only a few times)

We don't need to add a thread for the Crown i'll just add it on to yours :lol::lol::lol:

Take care

How many weeks to go now?

Hi ya Richard hope all is well mate.. will get to say hello at the IOW

Hiya Paul

Yes mate very good thanks. Will be popping into the Crown on Saturday, be good to see you and Em :no:

Guest Bearsy

not sure how many people this will affect but i was told the box office weren't taking telephone sales for tickets until they were physically in (although the web site was). well .......... the tickets are now in:

023 9286 3911

Mon - Sat, midday - 7pm.

in addition to:

i'll mention the parking another time :lol:

I will give them a call in the morning or should i say afternoon then :lol:

Guest Bearsy

not sure how many people this will affect but i was told the box office weren't taking telephone sales for tickets until they were physically in (although the web site was). well .......... the tickets are now in:

023 9286 3911

Mon - Sat, midday - 7pm.

in addition to:

i'll mention the parking another time :ohmy:

Just phoned up and booked me tickets for the Saturday night :thumbsup:

Guest Bearsy

Tickets arrived nice and safely this morning, 12 happy scooterist all sorted for the Saturday night thumbup.gif

Looking forward to me leg of lamb too biggrin.gif

hurrah .... thanks for the rescue mischief. the bumping seemed to have gone quiet!

by all means add your info here. plenty of people to fill the events!!

and richard ..... i'll have to answer those questions one at a time .... a few days apart.

Hmmm, think it's time you posted up those directions......... :D

hurrah .... thanks for the rescue mischief. the bumping seemed to have gone quiet!

by all means add your info here. plenty of people to fill the events!!

and richard ..... i'll have to answer those questions one at a time .... a few days apart.

Hmmm, think it's time you posted up those directions......... :lol:

How did that come out twice :yes:

Ok also where to get tasty snacks nearby would be good now as well so people can plan ahead :D

Edited by richard

Just to say that if your gonna try a scooter rally out THE IOW takes some beating .. believe me when I say even if your not big on the scoot side of things you will smile a lot at the sight of sooo many at one event.. FANTASTIC!

Bearsy bet watch all that crap on TV about peoples problems ... if they all went out to work they wouldn't have a chance to shag each other behind each others back... and have you ever noticed how ugly the girls on Jeremy Kyles programe are yet there still getting it bloody losers...

not off topic see link below :(

Guest Bearsy

bet that was that after a 4 hour lie down :(

I have you know that the kids had me up at 20 past 8 this morning and then i had to do them all breakfast and sort out all last nights dirty dinner plates and then make Jo a cup of tea while she was sorting her hair out,

its alright for you lot just getting up and going to work all day but being a haouse husband aint all its cracked up to be sometimes :(

Anyway im saving my energy for the IOW as sleep is for wimps :(

Guest Bearsy

Bearsy bet watch all that crap on TV about peoples problems ... if they all went out to work they wouldn't have a chance to shag each other behind each others back... and have you ever noticed how ugly the girls on Jeremy Kyles programe are yet there still getting it bloody losers...

not off topic see link below :P

who the f*** is jeremy kile :( i hate them poxy programmes :(

Jo watches them but i try to ban them as its the saddest form of life going and they dont care they are airing thier dirty washing on national tv :( most of them anyway

wont be watching them at Hipshaker though unless they have put screens up :lol:

just a quick update about tickets.

we have an outlet on the IOW selling tickets for personal callers. Liberty's Cafe Bar, 12 Union St, Ryde.

also, i would suggest that anyone still needing saturday tickets get them sooner rather than later as they are selling very well.

Edited by hipshaker 05