Old Venue Photographs

Guest Malc Burton

Old Soul Venue Photographs

I am looking for photographs of old venues showing the exterior of the buildings , then and now , ( preferably then if possible ) in respect of them being published , along with the history / background of them , on forthcoming web site .

This request is a follow on from the section " All Our Yesterdays " , under " If I only had the time - I would set up a web site " , on the freebasing section of this forum , that was started by Derek Pearson .

There are examples of these photographs on this thread if you care to check them out .

As stated by Derek , Sean Hampsey and myself , we need to compile these photographs for posterity , as we all know , the buildings themselves were a part of the NS scene as the music itself .

Unfortunately , a lot of the venues have gone , hence the request for photographs of venues in their heyday , and have been replaced by - I apologise for the pun , which was not intended - soulless buildings or car parks ( where the Torch once stood is now a car park )

If you have any photographs , I would be extremely grateful , and anyone supplying them will get a mention on the web site as a thankyou for doing so .

The address for sending photographs to :

burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks in anticipation ....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Old Soul Venue Photographs

I am looking for photographs of old venues , then and now , ( preferably then if possible ) in respect of them being published , along with the history / background of them , on forthcoming web site .

This request is a follow on from the section " All Our Yesterdays " , under " If I only had the time - I would set up a web site " , on the freebasing section of this forum , that was started by Derek Pearson .

There are examples of these photographs on this thread if you care to check them out .

As stated by Derek , Sean Hampsey and myself , we need to compile these photographs for posterity , as we all know , the buildings themselves were a part of the NS scene as the music itself .

Unfortunately , a lot of the venues have gone , hence the request for photographs of venues in their heyday , and have been replaced by - I apologise for the pun , which was not intended - soulless buildings or car parks ( where the Torch once stood is now a car park )

If you have any photographs , I would be extremely grateful , and anyone supplying them will get a mention on the web site as a thankyou for doing so .

The address for sending photographs to :

burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks in anticipation ....

Malc Burton

Hi mate

I have photos from Bradford Queens Hall/Warrington Parr hall(many of the last night),Machester Ritz/Burnley(was that the miners??) maybe a few more places..Pm me and i could send them in the post or try and get them scanned..

Social source share

There are a few here.... but if anyone has any others - please feel free to post them into the same gallery - thanks

https://www.soul-lover.co.uk/Coppermine/index.php?cat=2

Hi mate

I have photos from Bradford Queens Hall/Warrington Parr hall(many of the last night),Machester Ritz/Burnley(was that the miners??) maybe a few more places..Pm me and i could send them in the post or try and get them scanned..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!