What's This - Is It Unissued Or What?

Quinvy

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

err.. steve green played it at a certain allnighter in burnley last friday... at one time the abtone acetate belonged to nigel parker,,, :sweatingbullets:

================================================================================

=

Paul Donnelly had it at one time to i think, ive had it on tape since the mid 80,s top tune...

Social source share

err.. steve green played it at a certain allnighter in burnley last friday... at one time the abtone acetate belonged to nigel parker,,, :sweatingbullets:

I recognised the tune Cliff. It was the Eddie Parker bit that was baffling me.

Thanks all. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Is there more than one original acetate of this kicking around? I know Andy Dyson has been playing it a bit over the last few years. Andy Rix also played this a few years back. And now someone else played it recently. So, either there is more than one original acetate, or the one has been changing hands back and forth a lot over the years, or there are several acetates, but not original ones. Will we ever know? :thumbsup: Great tune whatever the case...

Social source share

Is there more than one original acetate of this kicking around? I know Andy Dyson has been playing it a bit over the last few years. Andy Rix also played this a few years back. And now someone else played it recently. So, either there is more than one original acetate, or the one has been changing hands back and forth a lot over the years, or there are several acetates, but not original ones. Will we ever know? :thumbsup: Great tune whatever the case...

Andy Rix still has the only original acetate of Tommy Knight - Baby my love .

Some dubs were cut off it by another retired DJ, so I would imagine it is these that are being played now.

Social source share

Andy Rix still has the only original acetate of Tommy Knight - Baby my love .

Some dubs were cut off it by another retired DJ, so I would imagine it is these that are being played now.

Well the one I've seen was no dub IMO Looked authentic to me and others too. Quite conceivable several takes done in studio and therefore several acetates, wouldn't be the first time.

Social source share

too the best of my knowledge, this was discovered by John Manship on a trip to USA late 80's...Abetone acetate "baby my love" on label but NO artist...Spencer got hold of it first and attributed it to Eddie Parker because he throught it sounded like him, three weeks late I purchased it and then it went off to Nigel Parker up north.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!