Volumes-i've Never Been So In Love

NEV

:sweatingbullets: HI ALL

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE POST UP A LABEL SCAN AND ANY RELAVENT DETAILED INFORMATION REGARDING THIS RECORD PLEASE?

PREFERABLY RUN IN/OUT GROOVE DEPTHS ,RUN OUT READINGS ETC.

MUCH APPRECIATED&THANKS IN ADVANCE

NEV

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Best one I've got. You checkin' one out Nev? Don't think it's been booted.

post-1355-1183059178_thumb.jpg

Hi Trevski

very nice choon indeed and scarce i think.what sort of price does this command these days?

missed one on auction a few months back ,bid $550 and lost it :yes:

seen a copy once and it looked heavyish/thick record ,a bit like a vinyl carver ??

is this the case ??i suppose some rarer scarce records are a bit course due to production and where they were pressed.label was same as your scan though.

Nev :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hi Trevski

very nice choon indeed and scarce i think.what sort of price does this command these days?

missed one on auction a few months back ,bid $550 and lost it :yes:

seen a copy once and it looked heavyish/thick record ,a bit like a vinyl carver ??

is this the case ??i suppose some rarer scarce records are a bit course due to production and where they were pressed.label was same as your scan though.

Nev :thumbsup:

The copies I have seen were quite thick vinyl Nev, saw the one on auction $550/£275 ish quid, a bit low I recon. Don't know what condition it was in, but would say £500+ for a minter.

Social source share

alright nev

my copy looks the same as the one trevski posted up. the vinyl is quite thick. intro is about

half a cm and the run out about one and a half cm. in the run out it says GU107AA just below

the san antonio on the adress at the bottom of the label. and at the top of the label near the

A of the GARU it says TSS 690716B. it being the flip side and all that. hope that helps

dave

Social source share

alright nev

my copy looks the same as the one trevski posted up. the vinyl is quite thick. intro is about

half a cm and the run out about one and a half cm. in the run out it says GU107AA just below

the san antonio on the adress at the bottom of the label. and at the top of the label near the

A of the GARU it says TSS 690716B. it being the flip side and all that. hope that helps

dave

Absolutely brilliant Dave

Gotta say when my shiny new one arrived thru the door i had a sinking feeling that i'd been had.

but everything tally's with this info down to a "T"!

Is it me or does everyone have the same horrible feeling.youve spent your hard earned on a big record,it arrives in shiny mint condition .how can it look this good after 30-40 yrs???

Thanks to all who helped with this topic :thumbsup:

much appreciated

Nev

post-5460-1183121726_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1183121748_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I've had my copy for nearly 20 years, long before it was ever played on the northern scene, have to say I prefer the sweet side - I've never been so in love.

Always wondered if it was the Detroit group or not, nothing has been shown to prove either way, but still a great and rare double sider.

Also have a 45 on the same label by the Fascinators.

Regards Paul

Social source share

I've had my copy for nearly 20 years, long before it was ever played on the northern scene, have to say I prefer the sweet side - I've never been so in love.

Always wondered if it was the Detroit group or not, nothing has been shown to prove either way, but still a great and rare double sider.

Also have a 45 on the same label by the Fascinators.

Regards Paul

I prefer the sweet side too, it's called "I'm gonna miss you". I don't see how this could possibly be the detroit group, though. Besides being a texas label that put out only a few soul records (and mainly put out tex mex stuff), it doesn't even sound like the detroit volumes.

Social source share

I prefer the sweet side too, it's called "I'm gonna miss you". I don't see how this could possibly be the detroit group, though. Besides being a texas label that put out only a few soul records (and mainly put out tex mex stuff), it doesn't even sound like the detroit volumes.

ok guys ,agree this is probably not same detroit group"the volumes"but still does not take away that this is a " soul masterpiece".

how many other great choons have a "tex mex" origin??

I'll start a new topic here...

JOE JAMA

ROCKY GIL....................2 FOR STARTERS !

would normally say its upto individual taste to decide which is "best side" but please,nobody would buy this record at current value for the"im gonna miss you" over "i've never been so in love"!

nev :thumbsup:

Social source share

ok guys ,agree this is probably not same detroit group"the volumes"but still does not take away that this is a " soul masterpiece".

how many other great choons have a "tex mex" origin??

I'll start a new topic here...

JOE JAMA

ROCKY GIL....................2 FOR STARTERS !

would normally say its upto individual taste to decide which is "best side" but please,nobody would buy this record at current value for the"im gonna miss you" over "i've never been so in love"!

nev :thumbsup:

debonairs on soul click (I think the sweet side kills the other side, but to each his own...).

The last person who won the volumes on ebay bought it for the sweet side, by the way, if you see the auction end look at whether it's a US bidder or UK and you can figure out what side each person bought it for.

Social source share

debonairs on soul click (I think the sweet side kills the other side, but to each his own...).

The last person who won the volumes on ebay bought it for the sweet side, by the way, if you see the auction end look at whether it's a US bidder or UK and you can figure out what side each person bought it for.

boba ,usa i presume? :ohmy:

yes your right each to his own :thumbsup:

P.s debonaires on soul click "please come back baby"the money song!

would like to hear sweet soul side to confirm though???

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!