** Bristol Soul Night Friday July 13th Til 2am **

Our special guest on the last GT night from 'Cafe A Go Go' in Cardiff was Red Fox who played a stonking set of northern, classic and R N B Mod sounds and kept the dancefloor going all night. Thanks James for a terrific set of tunes and for dancing when you were DJ'ing - real passion shines through!! wink.gif

We return to Hush Hush in mid summer in Bristol to spin Northern, Crossover, 60's and Classic Soul and Motown again very soon - thats if Rhi on the door lets you in!! shocked.gif This night will probably be filled with tales of hallowed 45's, cheap junk shop bargains, scooters being run in - and the Isle Of Wight. Oh and handbag, hair, shoes - but I wonder what the girls will be talking about! rolleyes.gif

Hush Hush is staggering distance from the wonders along Gloucester Road at 233 Cheltenham Road, Bristol BS6 5QP. This excellent venue is almost opposite Plastic Wax record shop just past the Arches going into Gloucester Road. Theres even a kebab / chip shop 50 yards away too if you need some energy during or at the end of the night. tongue.gif

See www.hush-hush.me.uk for images and details

The doors open 8pm Friday July 13th for some great 'warm up' connoisseur sounds and spinning the coveted tunes from vinyl 45's in strictly height order are -

Steve, Mike, Ian, Rocker - all GT faves

**Entry is just £3 / and only £2 before 9pm **

Last time we went on til two am shocked.gif

We'll have records for sale wink.gif

See also www.myspace.com/gettingtogether

Call Ian on 07808 781 904 for directions, comments, cheap 45's you don't want - and anything else that comes to mind. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 4
  • Views 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest JamesP

Our special guest on the last GT night from 'Cafe A Go Go' in Cardiff was Red Fox who played a stonking set of northern, classic and R N B Mod sounds and kept the dancefloor going all night. Thanks James for a terrific set of tunes and for dancing when you were DJ'ing - real passion shines through!! wink.gif

Cheers Ian, really had a brilliant night. Yeh when you gota dance you gota dance!

We be down for the next one, looking forward to it. Seems that there is a real buzz in Bristol again now. Anyone thinking of making the trip over, you will be assured of a great atmosphere and a fab welcome by Ian and the gang, with some great tunes to match.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya

We've just had further nights later in the year confirmed !! Details to follow

Had a few enquiries so gonna be a good one - and there will be something for everyone including

an early set of mid tempo listeners like,

"Under The Street Lamp" Exits

"Someone To Treat Me" De Vons

"True Lover" Four Chaps

"This Is The Beginning Of My Life" The Chimes

"Beware Beware" The Compliments

"If I Could See You Now" Sunny and The Sunliners

And others..........

Then the dancers..... :(

The tunes - not the dancing girls :unsure: