Barbara Mcnair - Steal Away Tonight

A favourite LP only track of mine is - Barbara McNair - Steal away tonight - from the "Hear I am" LP

Full of passion and emotion - I love it :thumbsup:

Although never issued I understand that an acetate was cut - just wondering if anyone would kindly help with any info as to it's history/whereabouts....

Thanks

Karen :yes:

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A favourite LP only track of mine is - Barbara McNair - Steal away tonight - from the "Hear I am" LP

Full of passion and emotion - I love it :thumbsup:

Although never issued I understand that an acetate was cut - just wondering if anyone would kindly help with any info as to it's history/whereabouts....

Thanks

Karen :ohmy:

Anyone any info pleaseee...

Social source share

Full of passion and emotion - I love it :lol:

Thanks

Karen :lol:

Last try....

Social source share

Guest Brett F

According to Bob Mc Grath it was a 1967 Motown 1112 Unissued test pressing, so i would hazard a guess that one was cut, but then again i can't say that for certain. All in all a fantastic down-tempo track that absolutely blew me away the first time i heard it. I've got both her Motown LP's both excellent and also a 1969 Audio Fidelity LP (92074) which is basically a cover of then current standards (and not that good in my opinion).

Brett

PS the Barbara McNair "The Ultimate Motown Collection" CD (0117 554-2) has 22 unreleased tracks on it the pick for me being "You Beat Me To The Punch".

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!