Ebay Seller

Won this on ebay a while back and still waiting for delivery,

Emailed seller earlier today asking for an up date,

then spotted this,

contacted him again and as of yet no reply,

I am aware he could have more than one copy (its hardly rare) but the listings and the scans are identical (i think) and the second one is ending very shortly,

Just curious as i,m relatively new to ebay if this has happened to anybody else? and any ideas what to do next?

hope the links work lol if not will post item nos,

And ironically i already have the 45, this ones for a friend,

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Pete Eccles

Edited by pete60
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Pete - sure this guy is OK - used to deal with him years ago - pre Ebay. Give him time to reply and i'm sure it'll work out fine.

Cheers Girth

Cheers for that Girth,

Thought i better replace links with item numbers as they were going straight into my ebay :thumbsup:

Wish i knew how to use a pc beyond turning it on :lol:

Pete

Social source share

Won this on ebay a while back and still waiting for delivery,

Emailed seller earlier today asking for an up date,

then spotted this,

contacted him again and as of yet no reply,

I am aware he could have more than one copy (its hardly rare) but the listings and the scans are identical (i think) and the second one is ending very shortly,

Just curious as i,m relatively new to ebay if this has happened to anybody else? and any ideas what to do next?

hope the links work lol if not will post item nos,

And ironically i already have the 45, this ones for a friend,

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Pete Eccles

That is Jeff Ingersoll, he has many copies of a lot of stuff. He has been doing an auction for many years and recently starting doing ebay. He's not that good at communicating via email but I'm sure he'll send your item, I've bought from his auction many many times with no shipping problems.

Social source share

That is Jeff Ingersoll, he has many copies of a lot of stuff. He has been doing an auction for many years and recently starting doing ebay. He's not that good at communicating via email but I'm sure he'll send your item, I've bought from his auction many many times with no shipping problems.

Thanks for that, didnt mean to come accross to adverse toward him, just all seemed a little coincidental,

After all it is late and the scans are of the same 45 IMHO,

Pete

Social source share

Cheers for that Girth,

Thought i better replace links with item numbers as they were going straight into my ebay :lol:

Wish i knew how to use a pc beyond turning it on :(

Pete

The links were fine Pete - for someone else linking via them, they wouldn't go into your ebay. They would have to know your ebay password to do that.

Looks like you know a little bit more than turning on yer PC :thumbsup:

Cheers Girth

Social source share

Thats the bloke - I used to go see him when I was going over in the mid 90s. Top guy and lots of great stock at that time.......fair and easy to deal with.

Cheers Girth

Social source share

The links were fine Pete - for someone else linking via them, they wouldn't go into your ebay. They would have to know your ebay password to do that.

Looks like you know a little bit more than turning on yer PC :lol:

Cheers Girth

Thought that may be the case Girth, ..........after i panicked and removed em!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help and will report any developements,

Pete

Social source share

Thanks for that, didnt mean to come accross to adverse toward him, just all seemed a little coincidental,

After all it is late and the scans are of the same 45 IMHO,

Pete

Another possibility is that your item is held up in customs or something? Looking at his feedback he has a bunch of people complaining about him declaring full value on things. I'm in the US so I hadn't had to deal with that aspect of his shipping.

Social source share

Guest newman

Another possibility is that your item is held up in customs or something? Looking at his feedback he has a bunch of people complaining about him declaring full value on things. I'm in the US so I hadn't had to deal with that aspect of his shipping.

Hi

I recently bought a record from him, although it took over three weeks before I got it, it was exactly as described - label & vinyl is near mint and packaging A1.

Only problem was he'd quoted the full value of the record on the green US Customs sticker on the outside of the package. Upon seeing this, UK Customs stung me with a £35-80 VAT bill and to rub salt into the wound the GPO add an £8-00 handling charge!!!!

I've since emailed him asking why he hadn't recorded the records value as $10 as other dealers do; I've copied and pasted his response below;

"with ebay i declare the full value unless i have other instructions in writing. a lot of people wil ask to have the record declared a lower value. thanks again, jeff"

Something worth bearing in mind when buying in future - you have to ask!

Graham

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!