Guest DonnaD

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kid mohair

I really like it, but then again I'm a huge fan of Weller - What do you think?

Nah...not a weller fan anyway......... :thumbsup:

Social source share

This is a missuse of the site,and shouldnt be allowed :thumbsup:

:ohmy:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

He's a pop singer!! :thumbsup: I'm a huge, huge fan of Kylie . . . but don't tell anybody will you.

Social source share

Not for me, but to each his own. probably pick up plays at some do's, as we've had Frank Popp, Lisa Stansfield etc, so why not the Modfather? must admit that the backing does sound like early Dexy's tunes!!

aas i said, not for me, but can see some of the younger Mod / Weller crowd picking it up.

cheers,

john.

Social source share

Guest billinghamsoulboy

theres no bigger fan of weller than me but this aint for me at all sorry stick to his own stuff

Social source share

=====

went to see Weller with the wife just last week,,apart from a few dronie tracks where he went on a bit ,,he was pretty sensational!!!

my wifes a HUGE fan too Donna

=====

not a northern play but surely top 10 pop chart material for the man ,,,not bad at all ..

Social source share

God thats bland.

Think I'll stick with his cover of Nolan Porter, that was bad enough

It's not anywhere near as good as Left, Right & Centre which he wrote when he was about 15. I'm not knocking him though as he's one of the few folk making mainstream music which acknowledges the importance of of 60's Soul.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I reckon its alright you miserable bastards......

Obviously not for the scene but pretty damn good all the same....... Dont see what the big problem is

Lighten up..... :rolleyes:

Social source share

gotta ask espically in these days where digital downloads play a big part in current releases, if posting ought that is current to clip it please and post only in low format

the refosoul feature normally does such should be back soon

thanks

mike

Social source share

quick un

mp3 removed due to copyright issues

ta

mike

You`ll do me,Mike-............I`m sure theres a million Weller forum`s elsewhere to talk rubbush!!

Social source share

He's a pop singer!! :rolleyes: I'm a huge, huge fan of Kylie . . . but don't tell anybody will you.

didn't kylie do a version of "out on the floor" ?

I read it somewhere..... obviously I wouldn't know first hand about such things. :thumbsup::yes:

Social source share

The Modfather...aye right so he is :rolleyes::thumbsup: stick to what you do best Weller, singing punk and dreary tunes

That's a bit unfair aint it? What about the stuff he did early eighties with The Style Council. Uptempo, happy, soulful tunes !

Edited by Stubbsy
Social source share

The Jam put out a cd called Extras which rounded up all their unissued tracks, they did a version of Solid Bond In Your Heart, obviously way before the Style Council version, and it's out and out northern, try and find it, the intro especially is brilliant

Social source share

Guest Hunnymon

I reckon the Style Councils version of "Solid" was hugely northern influenced so I'll look out for The Jams demo of it.

Weller dosen't make the charts very often these days and I don't think this single will - not that I don't like it - because I do.

Here is a question to all the negative posters - What if you had a huge musical talent would you play heavy rock,punk,country& western or try and play the music you love?

Social source share

That's a bit unfair aint it? What about the stuff he did early eighties with The Style Council. Uptempo, happy, soulful tunes !

=========

paul weller is one of the greats in UK singer / songwriters ..

his output throught the jam/style council and on his own is simply phenominal in my opinion..

as i said earlier hes still socking it to em in concert..

Social source share

the MODFATHER likes his Northern!!!.So what?.He's entitled to his tribute to the scene.

Went to see him in Mansfield area a couple of years back,outdoor,and the warm up dj set was full of "modern,crossover,r'nb,and northern",cos Weller likes it!!.

Northern influence spills over into his music,ie:EVER CHANGING MOODS,HEADSTART FOR HAPPINESS,LUCK etc. :thumbsup:

it's not exclusive to "us" you know :no: .

IS IT WORSE THAN LISTENING TO NORTHERN IN TKMAXX.?? :lol:

take a listen to DAYS OF SPEED and the awesome ABOVE THE CLOUDS ,,,KEV.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!