Ebay Seller "soulheaven2769"

Bought an item off this seller on May 21st, paid same day by paypal. No record, and no response to the many questions thru EBay??? Now I know he's a big seller, and I'm sure I've bought off him in the past with no probs. Thing is... how long do I give him? His feed back is splattered with buyers complaining about the length of time to get purchases. I'm thinkin the only way to get a response is to leave neg. feedback, and I know he'll give me an unwarrented neg in return. Paypal gives 60 days to lodge a complaint, so I got a bit of time left. Just cant understand why he wont reply to my questions? Wanted to know if anyone else is having problems. If he'd only say, I'd give him time, but my patience is running out!!

Like to keep my 100% feedback, but feel leaving a neg here is justified.

steve

ps. had to pick up the disc from another seller which landed from the states in a week! :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bought an item off this seller on May 21st, paid same day by paypal. No record, and no response to the many questions thru EBay??? Now I know he's a big seller, and I'm sure I've bought off him in the past with no probs. Thing is... how long do I give him? His feed back is splattered with buyers complaining about the length of time to get purchases. I'm thinkin the only way to get a response is to leave neg. feedback, and I know he'll give me an unwarrented neg in return. Paypal gives 60 days to lodge a complaint, so I got a bit of time left. Just cant understand why he wont reply to my questions? Wanted to know if anyone else is having problems. If he'd only say, I'd give him time, but my patience is running out!!

steve

ps. had to pick up the disc from another seller which landed from the states in a week! :thumbsup:

Don't leave a negative feedback, that will ensure you DON'T get your record. Open a paypal dispute, you will definitely get your record in that case. Also, I forget the terminology, but I think you have to open a "dispute" before you escalate it to a "claim" so there's no reason to not do it.

That seller (one of the Jamaican / "Island" dealers) screwed me about 4 years ago, I bought an item from him that was unplayable (had nasty hiss in the pressing), after getting it he was like "all my copies are like that" and then was not going to refund me the return shipping costs. i never bought from him again.

Social source share

steve

ps. had to pick up the disc from another seller which landed from the states in a week! :ohmy:

Not problems exactly with the same seller but slightly longer than normal :thumbsup: for delivery; i.e. item finished Jun 14th, paid by paypal Jun 15th, received email on Jun 29th that item shipped and obviously not got it yet.

Probably will be 3 weeks from flash to bang but not as bad as your experience, just another example of a purchase from the same seller if that helps at all.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Don't leave a negative feedback, that will ensure you DON'T get your record. Open a paypal dispute, you will definitely get your record in that case. Also, I forget the terminology, but I think you have to open a "dispute" before you escalate it to a "claim" so there's no reason to not do it.

That seller (one of the Jamaican / "Island" dealers) screwed me about 4 years ago, I bought an item from him that was unplayable (had nasty hiss in the pressing), after getting it he was like "all my copies are like that" and then was not going to refund me the return shipping costs. i never bought from him again.

Thanx for the advice, will look into the dispute side before making a claim :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

Not problems exactly with the same seller but slightly longer than normal :thumbsup: for delivery; i.e. item finished Jun 14th, paid by paypal Jun 15th, received email on Jun 29th that item shipped and obviously not got it yet.

Probably will be 3 weeks from flash to bang but not as bad as your experience, just another example of a purchase from the same seller if that helps at all.

Cheers

Paul

thanx Paul, if he'd only respond would do me, in over 200 ebay buys, i know I'll get a problem deal, just glad it aint an expensive one!

btw Paul, hope ya well, we aint met since we both DJ'd at the IOM do a few years back :ohmy:

steve

Social source share

have seen problems appear like this on the site before makes me wonder if these guys dont actually have the records in the first place and take our money only to find their source has already sold the item then have to fish elswhere for said item or am i being too cynical

kev

Social source share

Well Well! what a coincidence! A day after starting this topic, I get a mail from mr Soulheaven, saying "I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly."

Looks like my record is now on it's way! :no:

Wonder if the response was due to the many questions I've mailed him over the last few weeks? Or starting this topic yesterday? :lol:

Thanx to the peeps who responded to this topic, and I hope myself and anyone else waiting, get their records soon :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've bought loads of records off Paul, over a number of years. He is very slow - in fact, he's so slow that he's almost stationary :thumbsup: - but I've never had any record not turn up from him, and nothing I've ever bought off him has been anything other than accurately described.

I have no idea why he takes so long, but I've always found his 45s to be worth waiting for...

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Slow is the word..took 11 weeks to recieve my package ...Paul you are a slacker....Get your fingerout. Biggray1

Social source share

Is he in the UK ??

Although I am not that bad !!

As I live in France, I get similiar moans, about my despatch time, although I do state, 10 -14 days for delivery (and I normally despatch that day or next). I offer priority post, no one asks for it, so I have to send via economy. I just wished people would read all the ad, and take note lol, as my despatch time is bloody quick, it's just the post offices who fart about with it !!!

Edited by DELORENZO
Social source share

I've bought loads of records off Paul, over a number of years. He is very slow - in fact, he's so slow that he's almost stationary :thumbsup: - but I've never had any record not turn up from him, and nothing I've ever bought off him has been anything other than accurately described.

I have no idea why he takes so long, but I've always found his 45s to be worth waiting for...

Dont mind waiting Tony, but a response to questions aint too much to ask for, getting no response made me wonder, as i said in first post I'm sure i've bought off him in the past without any issues. But I'm reassured by your post cheers

steve

Social source share

Do not trust this guy!I bought a record from him that was supposed to be in mint- condition,but was vg- at best.(The record he sent me was also a different one than the one in the scan in his ebay-listing..easy to see as the drill-hole was on different sides of the label..) He then refused to reply to my e-mails for a very long time until he eventually did, saying he had another copy which he would send to me if I returned the copy I got first.I sent it to him and haven`t heard from him since despite ALOT of e-mails.Stupid me went for his `stalling-tactics` making it impossible for me to give him neg.feedback.Now he has both my money and the record:(

Bjoern

Social source share

44 days after paying for record it's arrived! and to give the seller his due, the record is mint, just like he said. After starting this thread, I only thought it fair to update it. My my main concern was the lack of communication. Not happy with the time it's taken, but happy with the record.

steve

Social source share

Is he in the UK ??

As I live in France, I get similiar moans, about my despatch time, although I do state, 10 -14 days for delivery (and I normally despatch that day or next). I offer priority post, no one asks for it, so I have to send via economy. I just wished people would read all the ad, and take note lol, as my despatch time is bloody quick, it's just the post offices who fart about with it !!!

Record I bought from your arrived pretty sharpish mate :yes: . Think mostly it's down to the fact that the seller simply can't be a**ed to trudge down the Post Office (or maybe physically can't get out to do so) Recently bought a record from a pretty well established US dealer. Paid for the item and was told the record would be shipped on a date 9 days from when I paid. Could only conclude they are only let out on certain days. angry.gif It arrived today so no harm done :D

Social source share

I had a similar expertienece with this guy. Well described item and a good price just took a long time to arrive. But once you'vre dealt with him once you know what to expect and the 2nd time and its not as stressful.

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Strangely, I've had a bad experience with this guy too. A couple of years ago I won a couple of records, sent the payment and received positive feedback.

You've guessed it...................I waited and waited................the records never arrived - fortunately the loss was less than 20 bucks and at the time I wrote it off as a bad experience and vowed not to deal with him again.

Just yesterday I bid on an Eddie and Ernie record on Columbia without looking who the Seller was - turns out it was Soulheaven. I couldnt even get a bid on the item - why - he'd blocked me from bidding.

I'm still amazed as to why he would do this. I've got over 1000 EBay transactions, nil neutral and nil negative feedbacks, never exchanged nasty e-mails with hiim or left him negative feedback.

Read into this experience as you may - in the whole the majority of EBay sellers are pretty straight up and I've had few bad experiences - unfortunately this guy was one of them.

Take care

John

Social source share

Is he in the UK ??

I got yours in less than a week mate, no complaints from me

Social source share

Well...I was about to add to an EBay thread about this, but lo and behold there was a specific one started already about the specific person I was on about!

Same scenario...paid for the record and still waiting. The record had better be in good nick, too.

This guy won't be getting anymore business from me no matter what happens. I won't tolerate any more of this.

-Jas

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

have seen problems appear like this on the site before makes me wonder if these guys dont actually have the records in the first place and take our money only to find their source has already sold the item then have to fish elswhere for said item or am i being too cynical

kev

I'm sure there are a few like this, have regular suppliers and keep their fingers crossed that they actuall source a copy, shouldn't state the condition though as they're not gonna know until it arrives!

Ste.

Social source share

I've bought loads of records off Paul, over a number of years. He is very slow - in fact, he's so slow that he's almost stationary :wicked: - but I've never had any record not turn up from him, and nothing I've ever bought off him has been anything other than accurately described.

Steve,

I'd go with what Tony has written here.

He is VERY SLOW. I've just waited 7 weeks for my 45 to drop through the letter box.

IF you feel you MUST do something, it's better NOT to leave negative feedback, it's not warranted. Just initiate a dispute via PayPal which wiil serve to act as a reminder to Paul to pull his finger out and get your 45 posted.

Worked for me.

Good luck, not that you'll need it.

Denbo.

Social source share

same here.....only $40 worth of 45s....i won on June 13.....not arrived.....sent a couple of e mails....no response....so i filed a paypal dispute.....immediate response "sorry for delay.....posted today 5th July(!).....with mail tracking number.....i have 20 days before i escalate to a paypal claim....(otherwise no dice).....so the discs SHOULD arrive before then.....i certainly wouldnt send cash to this guy......he just seems disorganised....fingers crossed......i'll let you know :wicked:

Social source share

an update on this seller. I received an email today notifying me that my record had been despatched & for me to leave good feedback if I was happy with the product. it will be 4 weeks on friday since I paid him via paypal. it's a stressful way to buy records!!

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

ANOTHER UPDATE ON EBAY SELLER SOULHEAVEN2769.

My record finally arrived yesterday.

Although the guy is slow (record paid for june 13), there's something very odd going on with USPS.

The package was posted in Roosevelt NY on July 10 but arrived bearing the sealing tape of Servicios Postales Nacionales S.A.

This is the national post service of Colombia!!

Could it be that somebody at USPS thought Spain was a province of Colombia?

(this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest as I've had Bostonian wasps (!) ask me if we celebrate Christmas in the UK)...

The guy told me that since 9/11 USPS have been extremely & infuriatingly slow.

Anyway, just wanted to let other customers of his on here know that he actually came through & that his communication throughout was quite good.

M

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!