Bluu Last Night

Thanks to those who popped down to say hello.

Bar was busy as usual and the tunes went down well with the general punters as well as our hardcore clientele.

As usual Dean played a fantastic selection spaning soul, jazz, reggae and funk.

Alan also played some great tunes and i'm sure he'll post his plays up soon.

Below is what i played - set 1 was first of night set 2 was the end of the night.

Cheers

Phil

SET 1

CERRONE-HOOKED ON YOU(LP)

PATTI JO-AIN'T NO LOVE LOST(LP)

BOBBY GLENN-HEY LOVE(LP)

KIMIKO KASAI-USE ME(LP)

LABELLE-MOON SHADOW(LP)

PHILLIP WRIGHT-KEEP HER HAPPY(7")

MANUJOTHI-SHAKE YOUR BODY(7")

SKYE-AIN'T NO NEED(7")

FAMILY OF EVE-I WANT TO BE LOVED BY YOU(7")

HERMONE & THE BOYS IN THE BAND-WE ARE THE BOYS IN THE BAND(7")

BLACK NASTY-CUT YOUR MOTOR OFF(7")

ARMANDO TROVAIOLI-SESSO MATTO(LP)

GAZ-SING SING(12")

EASTBOUND EXPRESSWAY-NEVER LET GO(12")

LTD-LOVE TO THE WORLD(LP)

SET2

FIRST CLASS-CANDY(LP)

CURTIS-HOW CAN I TELL HER(12")

LA FAMILIA INC-DO YOU LOVE ME(LP)

MAGENTA-RUNNING BACK TO YOU(7")

BLACK SUGAR-TOO LATE(7")

PAUL WALTERS AND THE 521 CLUB BAND-I KNOW WHAT LOVE IS ALL ABOUT(7")

MARY LOVE-BORN TO LIVE WITH HEARTACHE(7")

LYNN VARNADO-TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE MEN(7")

RICHI CORBIN TRIO-A WOMAN WAS MADE FOR A MAN(7")

FREDDIE BUTLER-SAVE YOUR LOVE FOR ME(7")

EPSILONS-MIND IN A BIND(7")

CAL GREEN-I'LL GIVE YOU JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME(7")

GARLAND GREEN-GIRL I LOVE YOU(7")

HELEN MOORE-THE RUN AROUND(7")

PEARLS-SHOOTING HIGH(7")

SOPHISTICATES-I REALLY HOPE YOU DO(7")

• Replies 8
  • Views 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Darks

What a great and varied playlist Phil- I really must try and make it to your do when I'm visiting my daughter .Best Wishes ,Eddie

Hi Eddie, not seen your daughter down there for quite some time is she still working at Bluu?

Awesome records from Phil, it has to be said. Dean as well, not sure we'll get a play list off him though! He played a super duper record by Laurel Aitken on Rio.

Heres my plays, not in the fully correct order. Not quite up to the mark this time, I was distracted by things which I cannot remember!!!

ATLANTIC STARR

Guest Darks

Hi Eddie, not seen your daughter down there for quite some time is she still working at Bluu?

Awesome records from Phil, it has to be said. Dean as well, not sure we'll get a play list off him though! He played a super duper record by Laurel Aitken on Rio.

Heres my plays, not in the fully correct order. Not quite up to the mark this time, I was distracted by things which I cannot remember!!!

ATLANTIC STARR

Oh dear, oh dear, done it again. Here goes,

ATLANTIC STARR WHEN LOVE CALLS LP

NDUGU & CHOCOLATE JAM CO. COME INTO MY LIFE AGAIN LP

DYNAMIC SUPERIORS HIT & RUN LOVERS (heard this as part of the excellent CD swop of LP tracks, sorry can't remember who should get the credit)

SPANKY WILSON EASY LOVER LP

ORIGINALS DOWN TO LOVE TOWN 12"

DON ARMANDO'S SECOND AVE RHUMBA BAND DEPUTY OF LOVE LP (seemed to cause a bit of negativity in some quarters, proper disco record)

UNDISPUTED TRUTH SAVE MY LOVE FOR A RAINY DAY

CHI-LITES WHAT DO I WISH FOR 45

IMPRESSIONS CHOICE OF COLOURS 45

DOLLY GILMORE SWEET SWEET BABY 45

JORGE BEN FORCA BRUTA 45

AFRICA HERE I STAND 45

PATTI AUSTIN CANT FORGET THE ONE I LOVE 45

PP ARNOLD EVERTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT 45

Regards Alan

What a great and varied playlist Phil- I really must try and make it to your do when I'm visiting my daughter .Best Wishes ,Eddie

Hi Eddie

Hope you well. Thanks for the comments. We try to play a variety of stuff. This time i managed to get it down to a small box of 7's and one record bag normally can't decide what to takeLOL. Would be good to see you down there. Like ALan says not seen your daughter down there in a while - does she still work at bluu.

Cheers

phil

Oh dear, oh dear, done it again. Here goes,

DON ARMANDO'S SECOND AVE RHUMBA BAND DEPUTY OF LOVE LP (seemed to cause a bit of negativity in some quarters, proper disco record)

Regards Alan

Hi Alan

Top tunes as usual - deputy of love - that's when dean called us the queens of gay disco!!!LOL, We'll have to dig deeper next time dean is on or tell him he's gotta play some discoLOL.

Dean played a great reggae almost soul tune wasn't that by the Gaylads or something??

Was a great start to a weekend that turned out bad - the car has been written off - but Jo and I both okish - bit of whiplash and sore limbs. That'll teach us to drive round Longsight on a sat morning when all the muppets are outDOH!

Take it easy

Cheers

Phil

ATLANTIC STARR

Hello Alan and Phil , my daughter works at Nandos now in M/Chester .Best Wishes ,Eddie

Hi Alan

Top tunes as usual - deputy of love - that's when dean called us the queens of gay disco!!!LOL, We'll have to dig deeper next time dean is on or tell him he's gotta play some discoLOL.

Dean played a great reggae almost soul tune wasn't that by the Gaylads or something??

Was a great start to a weekend that turned out bad - the car has been written off - but Jo and I both okish - bit of whiplash and sore limbs. That'll teach us to drive round Longsight on a sat morning when all the muppets are outDOH!

Take it easy

Cheers

Phil

We keep saying we are going to get over to this night, it sounds really good......we were actually in Bluu on Saturday......just waiting for the bright nights of the British summer to arrive now, to motivate us out of the house 'in the week'.....glad to hear your O.K. after the bump, hope none of the cherished vinyl was injured.....looking forward to your spot at the next Greatstone.....see you then........Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

We keep saying we are going to get over to this night, it sounds really good......we were actually in Bluu on Saturday......just waiting for the bright nights of the British summer to arrive now, to motivate us out of the house 'in the week'.....glad to hear your O.K. after the bump, hope none of the cherished vinyl was injured.....looking forward to your spot at the next Greatstone.....see you then........Tony

Hi Tony

Looking forward to Greatstone - no tunes were in the car. Hope you can make it down to bluu sometime.

C U soon

Cheers

phil