Strange But (allegedly) True

Garethx

During a meeting being held to discuss the possibility of Revlon creating a line of cosmetics to be endorsed by Diana Ross, a company spokesman said that he was "certain that she could do quite a bit for the black woman's market of cosmetics." Ross jumped up and stormed out of the meeting. Several minutes later, one of her representatives came back into the room to say that the meeting was over and that "Miss Ross is not black...not in her mind and not in the mind of anyone who works for her."

Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Little Stevie is not black and no person on the soul scene thinks he is black..I am just a little off colour after the last weekend...

Miss Ross like Michael Jackson and others are wanting to look a lighter shade,they think darker skin is not cool...I want to look like Paul Weller and not Kenny Lynch..You can't have it all can you...Is there any of you white folk on here who would like to look a little darker,Soulville,Brett,Mike H???If so it also comes with the voice..

There is an instant tanning machine under the counter at the Ducie Bridge..Tan in 2 and half mins..You too can be Ray Pollard,jerry Butler,Ainsley the chef or Trevor Mcdonald..send me you're replys and we can sort it out at the next warm up on Feb 26th...

Social source share

Little Stevie is not black and no person on the soul scene thinks he is black..I am just a little off colour after the last weekend...

Miss Ross like Michael Jackson and others are wanting to look a lighter shade,they think darker skin is not cool...I want to look like Paul Weller and not Kenny Lynch..You can't have it all can you...Is there any of you white folk on here who would like to look a little darker,Soulville,Brett,Mike H???If so it also comes with the voice..

There is an instant tanning machine under the counter at the Ducie Bridge..Tan in 2 and half mins..You too can be Ray Pollard,jerry Butler,Ainsley the chef or Trevor Mcdonald..send me you're replys and we can sort it out at the next warm up on Feb 26th...

link

Stevie,

Will we be able to dance then ?

Steve

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

You would be able to dance but that dark skin don't half show up them yellow teeth...Think about it boys and girls...

link

Racial harmony personified

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

link

Stevie I have always been proud to be Black :wicked::wicked:

Denzell Washingtrout

Social source share

link

I was slightly disapointed you didn't look like Bert Kwouk when I met you Stevie. Although you did jump out at me from the Fridge when I first went to the Ducie. But hey, Kenny Lynch works with the laydeez, you rascal you :wicked::wicked:

Social source share

link

Brilliant that will save me a fortune on St Tropez tanning :wicked::wicked::lol:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Well if you lot are all turning black, I want to be shrunk, I want to be a borrower if that can be arranged, thankyou in advance  :thumbup:

link

I'm not turning black i've always been black dear you need your eyes testing :thumbup:

Social source share

Well even if I wanted to turn black I've got no hope :thumbup: , I can't even turn red on a sunbed let alone brown. Looks like I'll just have to put up with translucent skin :graynone: that develops nasty, itchy bumps when exposed to sunlight!!!!

:thumbup: This is how I look on the beach!

Social source share

Well if you lot are all turning black, I want to be shrunk, I want to be a borrower if that can be arranged, thankyou in advance  :thumbup:

link

well if we are turning black and karen is being shrunk, can I be a little taller and have smaller boobs, and maybe look like kate moss, please? :thumbup:blush.gifbeer.gif

Social source share

well if we are turning black and karen is being shrunk, can I be a little taller and have smaller boobs, and maybe look like kate moss, please? :thumbup:   :thumbup:   blush.gif

link

Kate,

Whats wrong with looking like Kate Moss with BIG boobs ?

Social source share

I'm not turning black i've always been black dear you need your eyes testing :thumbup:

link

And to prove it, here's a picture of him in the Duchay this weekend:

post-1261-1107448187_thumb.jpg

Just before he played a set. That's what I'm talking about.

Social source share

well if we are turning black and karen is being shrunk, can I be a little taller and have smaller boobs, and maybe look like kate moss, please? :thumbup:   blush.gif   beer.gif

link

i wanted a 'willy' like my black friend at school. He told me to put a few pebbles in a bag and tie it round the end. After a week it had gone black but not any bigger though. :thumbup:

Shane

Social source share

link

Then I will be Sherman Klump !

Social source share

i wanted a 'willy' like my black friend at school. He told me to put a few pebbles in a bag and tie it round the end. After a week it had gone black but not any bigger though.  :thumbup:

Shane

link

Shane,

I honestly swear to God, I KNEW that you would tell that joke. I just knew it. :thumbup:blush.gifbeer.gif

Social source share

its the way i tell em mate.  :thumbup:

link

Hey Hey! The name's Shane Hibbert, and I'm here all week. I thank you.

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Hibbert

?

link

Watch Soccer A.M. on a Saturday morn. All will become clear. :thumbup:

I am quite aware it's Higgins. :thumbup:

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Watch Soccer A.M. on a Saturday morn. All will become clear.  :thumbup:

I am quite aware it's Higgins.  blush.gif

link

he is way behind that bladeforlife. he is usually badger baiting on saturday morning then selling them in the local pub before going to the match! :thumbup:

Social source share

he is way behind that bladeforlife. he is usually badger baiting on saturday morning then selling them in the local pub before going to the match!  :thumbup:

link

And don't forget Bear Wrestling, Cock Fighting, Goose Rustling, Pheasant Plucking, Horn Swaggling, Deer Racing, Otter Clocking and Duck Splashing.

All very common pastimes round our way. You should get out more :thumbup:

Social source share

he is way behind that bladeforlife. he is usually badger baiting on saturday morning then selling them in the local pub before going to the match!  :thumbup:

link

I actually live in a Derbyshire village just over the border. You should see my local pub.

They arrange trips to Chester Zoo, and I'm the only one who doesn't get a h*rd on blush.gif:thumbup:

Social source share

I have just seen a distressed swan floating upside down in the River Don from my office window. I have been looking for the phone number for the RSPCA with no joy. Therefore I called 118118 and asked for the phone number for the RSPCA....this young lad in Lahore, India asked me to spell it?????

Turned out it was a white plastic patio chair afterall so they were not needed! :thumbup:

Shane

Social source share

I have just seen a distressed swan floating upside down in the River Don from my office window. I have been looking for the phone number for the RSPCA with no joy. Therefore I called 118118 and asked for the phone number for the RSPCA....this young lad in Lahore, India asked me to spell it?????

Turned out it was a white plastic patio chair afterall so they were not needed!  :thumbup:

Shane

link

It wasn't me. A Goose maybe, but I leave Swans well alone....

Social source share

Turned out it was a white plastic patio chair afterall so they were not needed!  :thumbup:

Shane

link

FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION SWANS, AS I CAME OUT OF A QUARRY IN BUXTON TODAY THE LADS WERE SITTING DOWN TO A SWAN ROAST!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:blush.gifbeer.gif

Social source share

Shane

link

FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION SWANS, AS I CAME OUT OF A QUARRY IN BUXTON TODAY THE LADS WERE SITTING DOWN TO A SWAN ROAST!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:blush.gifbeer.gif

Social source share

Shane

link

post-2083-1107450604.jpg

post-2083-1107450791.jpg

post-2083-1107451051_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!