Offers Anyone - Not My Usual Style But

Pete S

I can't remember asking for offers on a record for ages but I'm completely stumped on what to ask for this one:

J.B. TROY - LIVE ON - MUSICOR DEMO

Now the condition I would grade visually as VG-. One of those records that hasn't seen a sleeve for ages. It plays with light background crackle near the start, once it gets going it plays SUPERBLY. The label is one of those with a dip towards the middle so the outer part is grubby while the inner part is clean. No big clicks, no jumps or skips. So anyway I know this is rare, I've never had one before, and the 'price guide' says 300 quid. Anyone interested in making an offer above 100 for it, if so I'll see what comes in and then sell to the best offer later on. I can supply label scan and sound clip if necessary.

(enclosed)

jbtroy.mp3

I also have a Melvin Davis - I Must Love You - Groovesville. Same sort of visual condition but not as strong a player - vg throughout. Looking at 85 quid on that. Fine for djing but not recommended for a home hi-fi experience as it is crackly.

Finally I have a Magictones - How Can I Forget You - Wheelsville. To all intents and purposes this is mint minus and I could sell it to you as that and you probably would be happy but I know that there's a minute crack where the run off meets the label, doesn't affect play, can barely be seen, but it's there! Otherwise, the best copy of this I've ever seen. 100 quid.

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I can't remember asking for offers on a record for ages but I'm completely stumped on what to ask for this one:

J.B. TROY - LIVE ON - MUSICOR DEMO

Now the condition I would grade visually as VG-. One of those records that hasn't seen a sleeve for ages. It plays with light background crackle near the start, once it gets going it plays SUPERBLY. The label is one of those with a dip towards the middle so the outer part is grubby while the inner part is clean. No big clicks, no jumps or skips. So anyway I know this is rare, I've never had one before, and the 'price guide' says 300 quid.

WOW ! I knew that it is rare but I didn`t knew it was that rare. I bought a WD some 15 years ago and

it is still one of my alltime favourite Soul 45s. And ome to think of it, yeah, couldn´t say when the last was I saw one for sale...fantastic artist, fantastic 45 !

Social source share

WOW ! I knew that it is rare but I didn`t knew it was that rare. I bought a WD some 15 years ago and

it is still one of my alltime favourite Soul 45s. And ome to think of it, yeah, couldn´t say when the last was I saw one for sale...fantastic artist, fantastic 45 !

=======

got mine cheap some years ago....

this is an old Pat Brady wigan spin ...issued on a kent lp in the 80's

neil jones is currently spinning this....

regards

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!