Earl Of Doncaster. 29/6/2007

Well what a week Doncaster's had, up to the preverbial tits in flood water & more to come but for 35 hardened bog swimmers there was a place to lift the heart & put a warm glow in your belly, YES once again the "Earl" was open for business. :rolleyes:

A bit of a struggle this time as Bridlington weekender, a 50th at Rotherham, a free night at Parklands Saturday & another local venue together with the chaos of the week all conspired to spoil the night. :D

Did it? Not on your life, the lack of numbers meant the small numbers tastes were catered to specifically & more dancefloor to strutt your stuff. The two guest Dj's were excellent & mores the pity they didn't have a larger crowd to please, first up was Big Geoff of Soul Intent @ Sheffield whos set was exquisite, with sounds both old & new to my ears, Roger Banks who everyone says is "Mr R&B" played an hour of mainly 70`s cream & only managed one R&B type, TOP MAN Roger, you can come again my friend. These two Travoltas of the turntables were ably backed up my messers Terry "Don't call me Ian" Wright & John "Heathcliffe"Hinchcliffe with some fabulous 60's & 70's tunes. :no:

So even though it was a quite night, musically it was " Fan dabby dossy" & as always the "Laurel & Hardy" of Doncaster hit a home run again & long may they reign & all who sail in her. :yes:

So Take care & be safe,

Spot. :thumbsup:

p.s. Almost forgot, nice to put a face to the name Andy.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great show lads, another top night of music, even with the change of date, weather and the clash with Brid weekender a decent if smaller than usual turn out.

All the dj's gave us a little something different, Geoff deserves another visit with a bigger crowd he may steal the show? not to say Roger doesn't.

Free bottle's of cider went down well. :thumbsup:

Get yourselves out to next night at the Earl.

Top bunch each and everytime.

See you at Whitby next week Pete.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest PayneyJnr

I've been to one or two nights at the Earl years ago. Must have been 1991 or thereabouts, managed to talk my mates into going for one of their 18ths, suffice to say we were back on the bus to Thorne by half ten in order to get in at Uncle Arthurs and then the White Hart. Phillastines.

Which reminds me, I must look up how to spell phillastines.

Well what a week Doncaster's had, up to the preverbial tits in flood water & more to come but for 35 hardened bog swimmers there was a place to lift the heart & put a warm glow in your belly, YES once again the "Earl" was open for business. :lol:

A bit of a struggle this time as Bridlington weekender, a 50th at Rotherham, a free night at Parklands Saturday & another local venue together with the chaos of the week all conspired to spoil the night. tongue.gif

Did it? Not on your life, the lack of numbers meant the small numbers tastes were catered to specifically & more dancefloor to strutt your stuff. The two guest Dj's were excellent & mores the pity they didn't have a larger crowd to please, first up was Big Geoff of Soul Intent @ Sheffield whos set was exquisite, with sounds both old & new to my ears, Roger Banks who everyone says is "Mr R&B" played an hour of mainly 70`s cream & only managed one R&B type, TOP MAN Roger, you can come again my friend. These two Travoltas of the turntables were ably backed up my messers Terry "Don't call me Ian" Wright & John "Heathcliffe"Hinchcliffe with some fabulous 60's & 70's tunes. :(

So even though it was a quite night, musically it was " Fan dabby dossy" & as always the "Laurel & Hardy" of Doncaster hit a home run again & long may they reign & all who sail in her. :lol:

So Take care & be safe,

Spot. :(

p.s. Almost forgot, nice to put a face to the name Andy.

PETE, ME AND PAT WENT AND i'D SAY ABOUT EIGHTY FIVE IN ATTENDANCE. HOPE TO GO AGAIN REAL SOON...........