New Podcast...soul Of Jamaica

Sorry not quite all about the soul but I did a new podcast before I went away but had loads of problems getting it up onto the site so I gave up, anyway now I've managed it, this is a ska/reggae/rocksteady podcast and I'm being honest here when I say if it's not the best one I've done, it was certainly the most enjoyable. Link is below and you have to click the triangle to get it to play (or of course you can download it for later), there's a full track list on the actual page, it's the very first one at the top of the page

https://www.raresoul.co.uk/wordpress/?page_id=11

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

DENNIS ALCAPONE - THE GREAT WOGGIE

PAT KELLY - IF IT DON'T WORK OUT

BOB ANDY - FEELING SOUL

DON LEE - LEE'S SPECIAL

BUSTERS ALL STARS - VERA CRUZ

DAVE BARKER - OUT OF LOVE

LEE & THE CLARENDONIANS - NIGHT OWL

MONTY MORRIS - TEARS IN YOUR EYES

PHYLLIS DILLON - PERFIDIA

DERRICK MORGAN - KILL ME DEAD

DON DRUMMOND - COOLIE BOY

DERRICK MORGAN - HOLD YOU JACK

ALTON ELLIS - GIVE ME YOUR LOVE

THE RULERS - COPASETIC

ALTON ELLIS - BREAKING UP

REGGAEITES - HARRIS WHEEL

AUSTIN FAITHFULL - I AM LOSING YOU

SCOTTY & THE CRYSTALITES - SESAME STREET

DERRICK HARRIOTT - BEEN SO LONG

THE SOUL BROTHERS - DOCTOR RING-A-DING

JOHN HOLT & JOYA LANDIS - MAYBE SOMEDAY

SIR GIBBS (THE PIONEERS) - PEOPLE GRUDGEFUL

I-ROY & THE JUMPERS - HOT BOMB

LESTER STERLING - SIR COLLINS SPECIAL

THE KINGSTONIANS - HOLD DOWN

THE SKATALITES - KILLER DILLER

CLANCY ECCLES - C.N. EXPRESS

TENNORS - REGGAE GIRL

GLEN ADAMS & D.TONY LEE - COOL COOL ROCKSTEADY

THE TECHNIQUES - IT'S YOU I LOVE

THE UNIQUES - LOVE AND DEVOTION

LYNN TAIT - WAY OF LIFE

Social source share

Hi Pete...Great stuff! Some of my all time favourites there. I have the Pat Kelly 'If It Don't Work Out' as a later issue on UK Green door (1972) by Slim Smith, 1960's recordings though...flip is a soul cover too 'Let Me Love You'.

Just a note to say I purchased 2 of your old fanzines the other day...'Beatin Rhythm' issues 2 & 3....great reading.

Onto the subject of 'Soul' records by JA artists I have just picked up a copy of Jackie Edwards 'Oh Mary' UK Island....what a stomper! More for the Mod side of things really, UK recording and all that, but I love it...was quite surprised, bought it blind & cheap and thought with a title like that it'd be a bag of shite.

Social source share

Hi Pete...Great stuff! Some of my all time favourites there. I have the Pat Kelly 'If It Don't Work Out' as a later issue on UK Green door (1972) by Slim Smith, 1960's recordings though...flip is a soul cover too 'Let Me Love You'.

Just a note to say I purchased 2 of your old fanzines the other day...'Beatin Rhythm' issues 2 & 3....great reading.

Onto the subject of 'Soul' records by JA artists I have just picked up a copy of Jackie Edwards 'Oh Mary' UK Island....what a stomper! More for the Mod side of things really, UK recording and all that, but I love it...was quite surprised, bought it blind & cheap and thought with a title like that it'd be a bag of shite.

Where on earth did you get the fanzines from? I didn't have any copies myself until a very kind gentleman supplied me with some, and I still don't have them all. You ought to try and find some of the later ones because they get funnier as they go on, by funnier I mean the reviews are more forthright :D

Oh Mary is a great track...think I might still have a copy of that...I sold over 150 Islands earlier this year :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!