Lightwater

Well as I seem to be the only one up and about after last nite - my view of it all

Great music - I got there bit late due to our luvely summer weather but Warren and Dave Abbot great sets - as always! (great people too x x) :thumbsup:

Of course the luvely Maxine too. :P

Considering the bad weather - well where I was it was not Litewater was quite appropriate to there - turnout was pretty good, I glad I made it cos I had a great nite.

Hope you better soon Gene x :D

Thanks to Moldie for another great nite, Im sure someone more knowledgeable will put playlists up :D

• Replies 67
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Got to say thanks to Moldie for inviting me to play last night. Like Karen we had an awful time getting there due to the weather but it certainly didn't put people off as the place got busy quite early. Great to see so many friends there especially Kev Moore and Imogen who are getting married next week - good luck folks. I had a fun time djing and appreciated the comments made by those at the venue. It's nice to see a venue that can appreciate anything from raw RnB to silky smooth Modern soul and all the djs were excellent.

Anyway my playlist is below

Otis Lee - Hard road to hoe - Quaint

Marvin Gaye - Love starved heart - Tamla

Minnie Jones - Shadow of a memory - Sugar

Jo Ann Henderson - Baby please don't go - phonograph

Ted Taylor - Someone's always trying - Okeh

Betty Brooks - There must be a love somewhere - Le Cam

Marie Knight - That's no way to treat a girl - Musicor

Marlynn's - The very next time - Daran

Pat Lewis - No one to love - Solid Hit

Will Collins and Willpower - Anything I can do - Bareback

Unique Blend - Yes I'm in Love - Eastbound

Gwen Davis - My man don't think I know - SS7

Jo Ann Garrett - A whole new plan - Chess

Bonnie Herman - Hush don't cry - Columbia

Carl Carlton - I can feel it - Back Beat

Patti and the Emblems - Gonna love you a long long time - Kapp

Tobi Lark - Sweep it out in the shed - Topper

Little Tommy - Baby,can't you see

Timothy Wilson - Loving you - Buddah

The Tymes - Here she comes - Parkway

Prince Phillip Mitchel - I'm so happy - Philips

Erma Franklin - Sweetest Feeling - Brunswick

Gladys Knight - No one could love you more - Tamla Motown

Congrats to Chris and Moldie.

With top tunes from Warren and Dave Abbot, this was IMO one of your best nights yet - certainly since temporarily going down to one room :D

Lousy weather and long drive was more than compensated by good music and good company.

Thanks guys. I would have paid for this one - honest.

"STOLEN HOURS"

@ Oddfellows Club, RAMSGATE High St

21st JULY

Well as I seem to be the only one up and about after last nite - my view of it all

Great music - I got there bit late due to our luvely summer weather but Warren and Dave Abbot great sets - as always! (great people too x x) :wicked:

Of course the luvely Maxine too. :)

Considering the bad weather - well where I was it was not Litewater was quite appropriate to there - turnout was pretty good, I glad I made it cos I had a great nite.

Hope you better soon Gene x :yes:

Thanks to Moldie for another great nite, Im sure someone more knowledgeable will put playlists up :thumbsup:

im glad you had a great night karen :D

Glad you had a good time Karen, I wish I could have been there, but was at MonuMental. Always another time. So frustrating when there are several events on the same night, but obviously difficult to avoid clashing.

be great to see you down here geoff

im sure you will have a great time

cheap drinks..great people..open minded djs

you cant help but enjoy yourself

Congrats to Chris and Moldie.

With top tunes from Warren and Dave Abbot, this was IMO one of your best nights yet - certainly since temporarily going down to one room :wicked:

Lousy weather and long drive was more than compensated by good music and good company.

Thanks guys. I would have paid for this one - honest.

"STOLEN HOURS"

@ Oddfellows Club, RAMSGATE High St

21st JULY

thanks for the kind words kevin..it was great to see you and your beloved last night :thumbsup:

Guest GrooveJunkies

glad it was a great night ,as alway the music is some of the best in the south both modern and northern rooms :wicked:

well done moldie and all, for another superb night of quality soul music :thumbsup:

well as you can tell im awake now :thumbsup:

after a hard days work i thought id better say a few words about last night

we got there around 7pm and within 5 minutes supercorsa and his luvverly lady had arrived quickly followed by keith and maxine woon.....its great to see djs get there early..less chance of double plays and shows they are eager to get behind the decks.

just after 7.30 i had to retreat back to the door so i missed ians set and also the music of the barrow boys....i stuck my head round the door to catch a few of warrens top tunes and by this time the club was filling up nicely

i didnt get the chance to enter the inner part of the club until just after ten pm but chris thorley had the floor going as i came through the door

it was great to see quite a few new faces but as there were so many events on a few regulars from further afield were missing but 120 thru the door made for a great atmosphere

after chris came everybodies fave dj mr dave abbott and he played a blinder as of course did all the djs

dave played a great mix of tunes including a fave of mine..bill bush

the last two djs for the night were keith and maxine won and they ensured a full dancefloor to the end

im sure all the djs will post there playlists so you can all see what a great night you missed

once again a big thankyou to all the djs and the people that braved the weather

see you all again very soon

moldie

glad it was a great night ,as alway the music is some of the best in the south both modern and northern rooms :D

well done moldie and all, for another superb night of quality soul music :thumbsup:

cheers john

what more can i add :wicked:

heres a few pics from last night including warren boogaloo and chris thorley showing they can do the bizzniss on the dancefloor as well as behind the decks

post-2061-1183313040_thumb.jpg

post-2061-1183313081_thumb.jpg

post-2061-1183313115_thumb.jpg

Guest Mr TEA

Thanks Moldie for another great night,

as always great music played by all dj's, a good mix of music

well done all

Terry

Thanks Moldie for another great night,

as always great music played by all dj's, a good mix of music

well done all

Terry

hi terry

im glad you enjoyed the night

well worth the entrance fee

i think the mix of tunes was excellent too

moldie

Well what more could be said for yet another great across the board night at the crosby club..Was good to see old faces and a few new ones too.Supercorsa was keen to get on the decks early so he started to spin some lovely mid tempo tunes to warm the early crowd.Then it was the turn of the barrow boys.what another great mixture of oldies and crossover tunes and then i was starting to worry about what i could play in my own set, because it was the the turn of warren. Was great to hear warrens set as i now know what to expect when i get the time to visit boogaloo. 10/10 mate as you can see by his play set how good it was. I was also looking forward to what dave was going to play as he is one of my guest dj at my next do in a couple off weeks(QUICK PLUG THERE) sorry moldie lol. Maxine and Keith were up after dave for the last hour or so and played a right across the board set to keep the modern and the oldies taping there feet or dancing until the last record was played. I had a great time thanks to all that turned up and the dj`s for playing some great music.I nearly forgot to say about my spot. I tried to play a few tunes for all that turned up and will let you be the judge of what i played by my playlist.So here it is.

Tommy Neil...Goin to a happening..Pameline

The Valentinos..sweeter than the day before..Chess

The Constellations..I didnt know how to...Gemini

Nolan Porter..If o could only be sure..abc (request)

Tommy Navarro...I cried my life away...De Jac

The Showmen..The wrong girl...Minit

Kurt Harris..Emperor of my baby`s heart..Diamond

Shirley Lawson...One more chance..Back beat

Deligates of soul..I`ll come running back..UpLook (for bearsy even if he wasnt there) :thumbsup:

Ace Spectrum..Dont send nobody else..Atlantic

The Enticers..Calling for your love,..Cotillion

Millie Jackson...House for sale..Spring

Tyrone Barkley...Man of value...Midsong

The 5 Royales...Catch that teardrop..ABC

Solomon Burke..Cry to me...Atlantic

Th Charades...Key to my happiness...MGM. (Not mine. Requested by moldie as warren was flogging it) Great tunnnneeee :wicked:

Hope i aint bored you all with my few words lol

Thanks moldie for top nite

Well what more could be said for yet another great across the board night at the crosby club..Was good to see old faces and a few new ones too.Supercorsa was keen to get on the decks early so he started to spin some lovely mid tempo tunes to warm the early crowd.Then it was the turn of the barrow boys.what another great mixture of oldies and crossover tunes and then i was starting to worry about what i could play in my own set, because it was the the turn of warren. Was great to hear warrens set as i now know what to expect when i get the time to visit boogaloo. 10/10 mate as you can see by his play set how good it was. I was also looking forward to what dave was going to play as he is one of my guest dj at my next do in a couple off weeks(QUICK PLUG THERE) sorry moldie lol. Maxine and Keith were up after dave for the last hour or so and played a right across the board set to keep the modern and the oldies taping there feet or dancing until the last record was played. I had a great time thanks to all that turned up and the dj`s for playing some great music.I nearly forgot to say about my spot. I tried to play a few tunes for all that turned up and will let you be the judge of what i played by my playlist.So here it is.

Tommy Neil...Goin to a happening..Pameline

The Valentinos..sweeter than the day before..Chess

The Constellations..I didnt know how to...Gemini

Nolan Porter..If o could only be sure..abc (request)

Tommy Navarro...I cried my life away...De Jac

The Showmen..The wrong girl...Minit

Kurt Harris..Emperor of my baby`s heart..Diamond

Shirley Lawson...One more chance..Back beat

Deligates of soul..I`ll come running back..UpLook (for bearsy even if he wasnt there) :thumbsup:

Ace Spectrum..Dont send nobody else..Atlantic

The Enticers..Calling for your love,..Cotillion

Millie Jackson...House for sale..Spring

Tyrone Barkley...Man of value...Midsong

The 5 Royales...Catch that teardrop..ABC

Solomon Burke..Cry to me...Atlantic

Th Charades...Key to my happiness...MGM. (Not mine. Requested by moldie as warren was flogging it) Great tunnnneeee :wicked:

Hope i aint bored you all with my few words lol

Thanks moldie for top nite

no...thank you for helping make it a top night

nice across the board mix and thanks for playing my new tune..on an issue too

see you soon

moldie

I arrived early to find the doors locked, until they finally submitted and told me to stop with the JJ Barnes impression. Inside discovered Moldie and Chris hiding hoping that I would get bored and go home. I would go home, but this wouldn't be until I had attempted to drink the bar dry of Greene King Smooth :thumbsup: . To keep me out of trouble, Moldie asked if I'd like to spin a few records before the official start time of 7.30pm, I think this was just a ploy so that he didn't have to talk to me for any longer than need be. Anyway I did my stint at the decks, possibly the best set of the night, after Chris's, Dave's, Warren's, The Barrow Boys (Phil & Rob? Told you I'd drank a lot), Keith & Maxine's. I must say that I thought it was one of the best nights musically down at The Crossley Club, if I'm honest I prefer it in the one room (too lazy to keep going up & downstairs for drinks). I was in that much of a good mood (drunk), I actually had a dance during Dave Abbots set! Finally had to call it a night before I lost my sense of balance, good job the wife doesn't drink. Gave a lift home to Terry (Mr Tea), who must also have a loving wife. As he was getting her to take him back today, to pick his car up. Finally just want to say thanks to Moldie and the others who DJ'd, plus all those that attended for a great night.

Here's what I played for those who are interested (might not have been in this order):

Frank Butler - How I Feel About You - Space Age

Jimmy (Soul) Clark - Tell Her - Moira

Billy Butler - Help Yourself - Brunswick

Jimmy Delphs - I've Been Fooled Before - Carla

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You - Ric Tic

The Temptations - Girl (Why You Wanna Make Me Blue) - Gordy

The Supremes - He's All I Got - Motown

Brenda Holloway - When I'm Gone - Tamla

Mary Wells - Keep Me In Suspense - Atco

Theresa Lindsey - Daddy-O - Golden World DJ Copy

Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl - Brunswick

The Lovelites - My Conscience -Lovelite

Jean Wells - What Have I Got To Lose - Calla Promo Copy

Barbara Mercer - Call On Me - Sidra DJ Copy

Jimmy Norman - This I Beg Of You - Samar

The Precisions - Instant Heartbreak (Just Add Tears) - Drew

Louis Curry - I'll Try Again Tomorrow - M-S

Deon Jackson - Ooh Baby - Carla

The Sheppards - How Do You Like It - Mirwood

Occasions - There's No You - Big Jim

The De Vons -Someone To Treat Me (The Way You Use To) - King

June Conquest - What's This I See - Curtom

The Impressions - You Ought To Be In Heaven - Abc

Bobby Bland - Shoes - Duke

The Superiors - Can't Make It Without You - Mgm DJ Copy

The Mighty Marvelows - Talkin' Bout Ya, Baby - Abc

I arrived early to find the doors locked, until they finally submitted and told me to stop with the JJ Barnes impression. Inside discovered Moldie and Chris hiding hoping that I would get bored and go home. I would go home, but this wouldn't be until I had attempted to drink the bar dry of Greene King Smooth :thumbsup: . To keep me out of trouble, Moldie asked if I'd like to spin a few records before the official start time of 7.30pm, I think this was just a ploy so that he didn't have to talk to me for any longer than need be. Anyway I did my stint at the decks, possibly the best set of the night, after Chris's, Dave's, Warren's, The Barrow Boys (Phil & Rob? Told you I'd drank a lot), Keith & Maxine's. I must say that I thought it was one of the best nights musically down at The Crossley Club, if I'm honest I prefer it in the one room (too lazy to keep going up & downstairs for drinks). I was in that much of a good mood (drunk), I actually had a dance during Dave Abbots set! Finally had to call it a night before I lost my sense of balance, good job the wife doesn't drink. Gave a lift home to Terry (Mr Tea), who must also have a loving wife. As he was getting her to take him back today, to pick his car up. Finally just want to say thanks to Moldie and the others who DJ'd, plus all those that attended for a great night.

Here's what I played for those who are interested (might not have been in this order):

Frank Butler - How I Feel About You - Space Age

Jimmy (Soul) Clark - Tell Her - Moira

Billy Butler - Help Yourself - Brunswick

Jimmy Delphs - I've Been Fooled Before - Carla

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You - Ric Tic

The Temptations - Girl (Why You Wanna Make Me Blue) - Gordy

The Supremes - He's All I Got - Motown

Brenda Holloway - When I'm Gone - Tamla

Mary Wells - Keep Me In Suspense - Atco

Theresa Lindsey - Daddy-O - Golden World DJ Copy

Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl - Brunswick

The Lovelites - My Conscience -Lovelite

Jean Wells - What Have I Got To Lose - Calla Promo Copy

Barbara Mercer - Call On Me - Sidra DJ Copy

Jimmy Norman - This I Beg Of You - Samar

The Precisions - Instant Heartbreak (Just Add Tears) - Drew

Louis Curry - I'll Try Again Tomorrow - M-S

Deon Jackson - Ooh Baby - Carla

The Sheppards - How Do You Like It - Mirwood

Occasions - There's No You - Big Jim

The De Vons -Someone To Treat Me (The Way You Use To) - King

June Conquest - What's This I See - Curtom

The Impressions - You Ought To Be In Heaven - Abc

Bobby Bland - Shoes - Duke

The Superiors - Can't Make It Without You - Mgm DJ Copy

The Mighty Marvelows - Talkin' Bout Ya, Baby - Abc

hi ian

i wanted you to have a bit longer on the decks as being on the door till ten i knew i wouldnt get to hear your set

it was a real pleasure to get you behind the decks again.

thanks for your help in making it a cracking nite

see you soon

regards moldie

ps you sure dance well when you are pissed :wicked:

Guest Bearsy

Good to hear you had a great night Moldie, some very nice tunes played by the looks of it,

thanks Chris for the playing of Delegates thumbsup.gif of soul as i just come back from 20 hours of Northern at Camber and never heard it once :( but i just put it on me decks and had a good listen :D

One of my favourites was spun by Ian (supercorset) - The De Vonns - someone to treat me :thumbsup: class tune indeed,

My all time favourite which i reckon will be mine soon :wicked: was spun by Warren of course, Little Tommy - Baby cant you see, bitch :P ,

just waiting for Mr Abbotts list now, he better not of played The Cautions - No other way, or i really would be a bit peeeved for missing this night :unsure:

Let me know when you next one is Moldie and i will put it on me calender :thumbsup:

see you all soon somewhere some time

Bearsy

Good to hear you had a great night Moldie, some very nice tunes played by the looks of it,...it was a top nite

thanks Chris for the playing of Delegates thumbsup.gif of soul as i just come back from 20 hours of Northern at Camber and never heard it once :( but i just put it on me decks and had a good listen :( ...great tune

One of my favourites was spun by Ian (supercorset) - The De Vonns - someone to treat me :thumbsup: class tune indeed, ...i got this but not played it out this year..class tune

My all time favourite which i reckon will be mine soon :wicked: was spun by Warren of course, Little Tommy - Baby cant you see, bitch :D ,...it aint been booted :P

just waiting for Mr Abbotts list now, he better not of played The Cautions - No other way, or i really would be a bit peeeved for missing this night :unsure:...you were missed mate

Let me know when you next one is Moldie and i will put it on me calender :thumbsup: ...im sorting it out soon

see you all soon somewhere some time ...look fwd to it mate

Bearsy

Super-Sub got the call Saturday afternoon asking if I would DJ as gene Robertson couldn't make it. When I got to the venue I was quite disturbed that I couldn't hear any music in the foyer and hoped that the sound system hadn't popped again. I went in to discover that I was 15 minutes early, not 15 minutes late. This of course left me with a dilema - do I stay and be early-un-cool, or do I go and drive round the block for half an hour and be late-cool. It was pissing down and I had got myself a nice parking spot so I decided to be un-cool. I think I was probably the most coolest un-cool person there that night.

No sooner had I got a drink and chatted to Chris and Kerry that Ian started playing some tunes. I sat with Keith and Maxine we liked every tune Ian played. Set of the nite IMO. After a while of emptiness, the place filled up very quickly and it was good to see kev moor and brummie mick turn up with a gang of people and a gorilla, karen, warren, karen, Simon Preston who was only popping in on the way to Bournemouth but stayed all nite cos the music was so good.

Whether through luck or genius on Moldies part (probably his genius) having the nite in just one room made for a better atmosphere and better nite IMO.

The music was mainly 60's with a small amount of 70s - however the last hour of Keith and Maxine double decking was everything from a 45 released last month (sorry Maxine you did tell me earlier who it was but I can't remember now) to 60's classics and they had the floor packed throughout.

The music all nite was excellent, the best I'd heard at Lightwater and probably any 'local' do for a long time. An excellent night was had by all, well done Moldie :P

In no order, except for the first and last 45...every other record i played the Cautions 'No Other Way' - i only had to use one deck that way :(

Four Tops - Since You've Been Gone- Motown

Darrow Fletcher -What Good Am I Without You - Jacklyn

Pat & Blenders - Just Because - Fast Eddie

Royal Esquires - Aint Gonna Run - Grand Prix

Thelma Lindsey - Why Were'nt You There - Magic City

Phonetics - Just A Boys Dream - Trudel

Vanguards - Good Times - Lamp

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling - Westbound

Soul Incorporated - My Proposal - Coconut Groove

Parliaments - Heart Trouble - Golden World

Edwin Starr - Scotts On Swingers - Ric Tic

Soul Communicators - Those Lonely Nights - FeeBee

Johnners Howard - The Chase Is On - Bashie

Luther Ingram - If Its All The Same... - HIB

Billy Bush - I'm Waiting - Ronn

Harvey Averne - Never Learned To Dance - Uptite

Williams & Ledbetter - Show Some Sign - Verve

L Allen - Cant We Talk It Over - Green Dolphin

Bobby Garrett - My Little Girl - Mirwood

Betty La Vette - What Condition.. - Karen

Deadbeats - No Second Chance - Strata

Honey & Bees - Dynamite Exploded - Artic

Lost Soul - Secret Of Mine - Raven

Super-Sub got the call Saturday afternoon asking if I would DJ as gene Robertson couldn't make it. When I got to the venue I was quite disturbed that I couldn't hear any music in the foyer and hoped that the sound system hadn't popped again. I went in to discover that I was 15 minutes early, not 15 minutes late. This of course left me with a dilema - do I stay and be early-un-cool, or do I go and drive round the block for half an hour and be late-cool. It was pissing down and I had got myself a nice parking spot so I decided to be un-cool. I think I was probably the most coolest un-cool person there that night.

No sooner had I got a drink and chatted to Chris and Kerry that Ian started playing some tunes. I sat with Keith and Maxine we liked every tune Ian played. Set of the nite IMO. After a while of emptiness, the place filled up very quickly and it was good to see kev moor and brummie mick turn up with a gang of people and a gorilla, karen, warren, karen, Simon Preston who was only popping in on the way to Bournemouth but stayed all nite cos the music was so good.

Whether through luck or genius on Moldies part (probably his genius) having the nite in just one room made for a better atmosphere and better nite IMO.

The music was mainly 60's with a small amount of 70s - however the last hour of Keith and Maxine double decking was everything from a 45 released last month (sorry Maxine you did tell me earlier who it was but I can't remember now) to 60's classics and they had the floor packed throughout.

The music all nite was excellent, the best I'd heard at Lightwater and probably any 'local' do for a long time. An excellent night was had by all, well done Moldie :P

In no order, except for the first and last 45...every other record i played the Cautions 'No Other Way' - i only had to use one deck that way :(

top report there dave and an even better playlist

many many thanks for coming in as a late stand in

look fwd to hearing you again very soon at chrises night at farnborough town footy club

after reading the reports of the night and seing a few people comment on the great atmosphere in one room i must admit it does make a difference having everyone downstairs

not having a bar upstairs means people pop downstairs for a drink and can get chatting and this can lead to people staying down for a while thus leaving the northern room quiet on occasions

could this be the way fwd or do people still want two rooms

id love to hear your views

the management at the club did promise to get the bar sorted upstairs but nothing materialised

your input is valued so plz let me know

regards moldie

just keith and maxines playlists to come

i think you will agree a real mix of classics,crossover,modern and rare

also cheapies too

Hi ya Moldie,

Just reading all the feedback, seems like i missed a good un... or maybe me not being there is the reason it was good.

your question about one room or two, I think the last couple have worked really well with one room, so thats your answer.

Upstairs is to hot, to light, no bar and no toilets.

downstairs is where its at..

pleased it went well see you soon.

Hi ya Moldie,

Just reading all the feedback, seems like i missed a good un... or maybe me not being there is the reason it was good....i couldnt agree more :P

your question about one room or two, I think the last couple have worked really well with one room, so thats your answer...need to chat to keith and maxine first

Upstairs is to hot, to light, no bar and no toilets.....and thats the good points :(

downstairs is where its at..

pleased it went well see you soon.....farnborough town footy club?

oh one other thing sometimes the sound level monitor thing kicks in to early.. downstairs is louder

(i can't reply tonight i'm off to bed gotta get over the weekend ... night all)

ive tried chatting to the club owners but the limiter has been set but you are right im sure its set way below the limit

love to hear more views on this and other valid points

Guest Bearsy

The music all nite was excellent, the best I'd heard at Lightwater and probably any 'local' do for a long time. An excellent night was had by all, well done Moldie :lol:

In no order, except for the first and last 45...every other record i played the Cautions 'No Other Way' - i only had to use one deck that way :ohmy:

Great set as usual Mr Abbott, i hope The Cautions was appreciated every other record :P:( Im even more gutted now that i know you got Soul Incorperated too and played it :( , i really did miss a cracking night of top tunes didnt i :D , Dave if you ever fancy selling My Proposal :( .

Moldie as you know i have said that the upstairs is missing something but you have it all downstairs with the great sound system down there it does make a better night it just means a bit more of an across the board night to keep everyone happy and after looking at the playlists so far i dont think you will get any complaints.

You got to be one of the most upfront and honest promoters on the scene that just wants to please and you deserve nights like saturday mate,

god bless you and see you at the next Lightwater if not before :P

Bearsy

Moldie as you know i have said that the upstairs is missing something but you have it all downstairs with the great sound system down there it does make a better night it just means a bit more of an across the board night to keep everyone happy and after looking at the playlists so far i dont think you will get any complaints.

You got to be one of the most upfront and honest promoters on the scene that just wants to please and you deserve nights like saturday mate,

god bless you and see you at the next Lightwater if not before :P

Bearsy

paul, Soul Inc was on the cd i gave you wasn't it? :lol:

And yes - you missed the best nite :D

isnt it funny that every event bearsy misses turns out to be great :lol:

had quite a few calls regarding the nite

everyone saying how much they enjoyed it and how good te mix of music was

its a pity a few more of them arnt on soul source to share there opinions

moldie

after reading the reports of the night and seing a few people comment on the great atmosphere in one room i must admit it does make a difference having everyone downstairs

not having a bar upstairs means people pop downstairs for a drink and can get chatting and this can lead to people staying down for a while thus leaving the northern room quiet on occasions

could this be the way fwd or do people still want two rooms

id love to hear your views

the management at the club did promise to get the bar sorted upstairs but nothing materialised

your input is valued so plz let me know

regards moldie

just keith and maxines playlists to come

i think you will agree a real mix of classics,crossover,modern and rare

also cheapies too

Hi Moldie.

Although Saturday was good, it has to be 2 rooms for me. :excl:

I know it may make me unpopular with some, but try as I might I just can't get enthusiastic about

Modern unsure.gif Crossover etc. Fair play to those that enjoy it but I'm not one of them.

:thumbsup: I'd be really disappointed to see you not re-open the upstairs room mate.

"STOLEN HOURS"

RAMSGATE 21st JULY

Guest GrooveJunkies

It's got to be 2 room then all the people with blinkers can go upstairs rolleyes.gif

anyway it's not the law, you can stay in what ever room you like or just sit on the stairs in between both rooms :thumbsup::excl:

so i say keep it 2 rooms because the better music is down stairs :thumbsup:

have a good day all- remember some people think soul music stoped on 31-12-69 :thumbsup:

Edited by GrooveJunkies

It's got to be 2 room then all the people with blinkers can go upstairs :rolleyes:

anyway it's not the law, you can stay in what ever room you like or just sit on the stairs in between both rooms :ohmy:ph34r.gif

so i say keep it 2 rooms because the better music is down stairs :P

have a good day all- remember some people think soul music stop on 31-12-69 :ohmy:

cavt-976-ElGeePee.gif :lol::lol:

It's got to be 2 room then all the people with blinkers can go upstairs :rolleyes:

anyway it's not the law, you can stay in what ever room you like or just sit on the stairs in between both rooms :ohmy:ph34r.gif

so i say keep it 2 rooms because the better music is down stairs :lol:

have a good day all- remember some people think soul music stop on 31-12-69 :ohmy:

Now don't be silly . Everbody knows it was the 3 Jan 1970 as you forgot about the christmas break Mr H.

Guest GrooveJunkies

Now don't be silly . Everbody knows it was the 3 Jan 1970 as you forgot about the christmas break Mr H.

yes I'm sorry I forgot about that little technicality.............. :rolleyes: ............northern-crossover-modern-tent music-blar-blar-blar------------long live -SOUL MUSIC :ohmy:laugh.gif

Now Now Moldie. You have started something now....Think you need to start new thread about what should be the future of lightwater..(1 room or 2)

I love my oldies, and like what has already been said it would be a shame to close the Northern room upstairs. But i do believe that the last 2 do`s that you have had have been a better atmosphere and the music has been top class. (apart from the modern as like what was said by kev. It dont float my boat) but i dont judge the people who play it cos its each to there own. (Who`s nicked my blinkers) If its across the board night then you will expect to hear Modern. I do believe that the upstairs room get the raw end of the deal. ie No bar,No toilets,Sound limiter,Earlyer finish (BUT NOT BLAMING YOU FOR THESE MOLDIE) as i know you have tried your very best to put these right. In my opinion moldie i think that the way forward is a 1 room event but it would be a great loss and shame to lose the upstairs room :rolleyes:

Hi Moldie.

Although Saturday was good, it has to be 2 rooms for me. :lol: ....thanks for input kevin

I know it may make me unpopular with some, but try as I might I just can't get enthusiastic about

Modern :) Crossover etc. Fair play to those that enjoy it but I'm not one of them.

:yes: I'd be really disappointed to see you not re-open the upstairs room mate. .....ill be talkin to the club regards limiter and to see if they will reopen the bar

"STOLEN HOURS"

RAMSGATE 21st JULY

It's got to be 2 room then all the people with blinkers can go upstairs :) lol

anyway it's not the law, you can stay in what ever room you like or just sit on the stairs in between both rooms :yes::lol:

so i say keep it 2 rooms because the better music is down stairs :D...a bit of bias there john

have a good day all- remember some people think soul music stoped on 31-12-69 :)

good soul music has never stopped john..its just getting harder to find amongst todays singers

yes I'm sorry I forgot about that little technicality.............. :) ............northern-crossover-modern-tent music-blar-blar-blar------------long live -SOUL MUSIC :yes::lol:

here here

What about alternating between the two, one month have one room event, then the next time 2 rooms? My own opinion is that I prefer the one room. I'm sure Moldie will come up with something.

good point ian...i think this might be the best way forward

moldie

Im sure he will too ian, Great spot you played saturday mate :) well done

im just sorry i never got to hear it chris...just goes to show you dont need to play expensive stuff to entertain

moldie