United Sound Of Soul Last Nite

Guest barnsey

Guest barnsey

another top nite excellent venue hope this realy takes off some great stuff played.only caught last have of kits spot but what i heard was spot on .thanks to paul for the cd all the dj,s the promoters and all the punters for making this a great nite roll on the next one :D:thumbsup::D:P:D

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

another top nite excellent venue hope this realy takes off some great stuff played.only caught last have of kits spot but what i heard was spot on .thanks to paul for the cd all the dj,s the promoters and all the punters for making this a great nite roll on the next one :D:thumbsup::D:P:D

Really glad you enjoyed it, thanks to all dj's they all did excellent spots, and to everyone for coming we had a great nite.

Next one is 25th August when we have 2 very special guest dj's along with John Parker, John Baxter and Jumpin Joan even though the flyer actually says Jumping John think the printer got carried away with his John's, sorry Joan we will get it changed for the next batch of flyers, Kev and Martyn will also be celebrating their birthdays (suppose I'll have to get two cakes this time) so were hoping for another top nite.

Once again thanks to everyone for making this a great nite.

Sharon

Guest MickD

Really glad you enjoyed it, thanks to all dj's they all did excellent spots, and to everyone for coming we had a great nite.

Next one is 25th August when we have 2 very special guest dj's along with John Parker, John Baxter and Jumpin Joan even though the flyer actually says Jumping John think the printer got carried away with his John's, sorry Joan we will get it changed for the next batch of flyers, Kev and Martyn will also be celebrating their birthdays (suppose I'll have to get two cakes this time) so were hoping for another top nite.

Once again thanks to everyone for making this a great nite.

Sharon

Hi Sharon ... pleased you had a great night ... keep up the good work

mickd (DKOF)

MY GOD WHAT A GREAT NIGHT, MUSICALLY TOP DRAW, A MIXTURE OF NEWIES,MEGA RARE 60s/70s AND UNDERPLAYED OLDIES. WE ARE SO PLEASED FOR THE PROMOTERS THAT THINGS ARE COMING TOGETHER.

DOUBLE DECKING WITH KENNY WAS A REAL TREAT AND BELIEVE ME FOLLOWING ALL THE OTHER JOCKS SETS I HAD TO DIG DEEP AS SO MUCH GREAT STUFF HAD BEEN PLAYED BEFORE I WENT ON, BUT SURELY THAT'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT, NO OVER INFLATED EGOS JUST EVERYONE TRYING TO ENTERTAIN THE AUDIENCE IN THE BEST WAY THEY COULD.

£5 IN, QUALITY MUSIC, FREE CD [ COMPILED BY MR. WESTON] AND GREAT COMPANY. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE ALREADY.:smile:

MARIA W.

MY GOD WHAT A GREAT NIGHT, MUSICALLY TOP DRAW, A MIXTURE OF NEWIES,MEGA RARE 60s/70s AND UNDERPLAYED OLDIES. WE ARE SO PLEASED FOR THE PROMOTERS THAT THINGS ARE COMING TOGETHER.

DOUBLE DECKING WITH KENNY WAS A REAL TREAT AND BELIEVE ME FOLLOWING ALL THE OTHER JOCKS SETS I HAD TO DIG DEEP AS SO MUCH GREAT STUFF HAD BEEN PLAYED BEFORE I WENT ON, BUT SURELY THAT'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT, NO OVER INFLATED EGOS JUST EVERYONE TRYING TO ENTERTAIN THE AUDIENCE IN THE BEST WAY THEY COULD.

£5 IN, QUALITY MUSIC, FREE CD [ COMPILED BY MR. WESTON] AND GREAT COMPANY. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE ALREADY.smile.gif

MARIA W.

JUST LIKE TO ECHO THAT MARIA !!!! BRILLIANT NIGHT...TOP MUSIC.FRIENDS.VENUE .CARDS.CAKE !!!!!!!!! HARDLY STOPPED JIGGING MUSIC WAS SPOT-ON KIT,ALEX,JOHN B,JOHN W,MARIA,KENNY.KEV......BRILL !!! THOUGHT THE FIRST ONE WAS GOOD ! BUT THIS TOPPED IT.TA FOR MAKING A BIRTHDAY BOY VERY HAPPY ....BLEEDIN SORE FEET THOUGH TODAY. BIG THANKS TO LOU,& WOODY FOR PRESSIE MR RIMMER FOR PINT..CHEERS DAVE!!! CARL & MARIA FOR THE FAB LP.DALE YOUR A STAR! ME OWD SHROPPY MUCKERS! SHIRLEY & COLIN. THANKS JOAN & TONY FOR A TOP CARD WHICH I'M STILL CHUCKLING OVER!! BUDGIE & HILARY !! SEE SOME OF YOU ON THE 12TH OR MIDDLETON.....AND DEFINITELY ON THE 25TH AUGUST AT NEXT 'UNITED SOUND OF SOUL' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG THANKS TO KEV, SHARON & MARTIN FOR PUTTING ON SUCH A TOP NIGHT!!! :thumbsup:

wot a brill nite !!! where on earth can you go for a fiver, and hear those kinds records, all nite, great turnout, great to see peeps supporting this venue, so a big thanks to promoters for bringing this kind of quality for us all to enjoy, cant pick out any one particular DJ, because they where all fantastic.I had a w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l. nite, and cant wait for the next one to come along. :thumbsup::wicked::D

Guest Dale

Well Kev and Sharon what a night, just like to thank you both and all the djs for an exceptional night of as someone has already described as top draw soul music.

Kev these kind of soul nites sure make our travelling across from yorkshire very worth while so you and your co promoters keep up the good work as i think it was appreciated by all last night.

Dale

Sorry everyone computer has been playin up since Sunday so had problems replying to any messages.

Thanks for all the possitive comments it's great to read such good write ups, anyway think that Kev promised a couple of people a cd after we had run out (but he's forgotten who) so if any of you are reading this please let us know, he has done a few more and will take them out with us if you let us know where you will be in the next couple of weeks.

Sharon

Just want to add to allthe comments and congratulate the promoters on a brilliant night at the AP club.Great line up of djs,nice to hear records not played anywhere else for a change.Does anyone know the instrumental Maria Willingham played,what a brilliant tune,top record of the night for me-Flash McKinley Ill rescue you,never tire of hearing that what a tune.Looking forward to the next one see u all there.

Dave Atkinson aka soulclock.

Just want to add to allthe comments and congratulate the promoters on a brilliant night at the AP club.Great line up of djs,nice to hear records not played anywhere else for a change.Does anyone know the instrumental Maria Willingham played,what a brilliant tune,top record of the night for me-Flash McKinley Ill rescue you,never tire of hearing that what a tune.Looking forward to the next one see u all there.

Dave Atkinson aka soulclock.

Hi Dave

Thanx for the comments, I'm sure Maria will answer this for you when she reads it. See you on 25th.

Sharon

Hi Dave

Thanx for the comments, I'm sure Maria will answer this for you when she reads it. See you on 25th.

Sharon

Hi Dave, think it would have been BINGO JOE AND HIS GUM BANDS. UNTITLED,UNISSUED ACETATE. glad you liked it.

carl's just found another instrumental, pm us your number and we'll play it for you over the phone, it has just as daft a title but good.

regards maria