Lifeline

Guest toby

Guest toby

What a great night of soul at Lifeline,

It was my first visit to Lifeline (and deffo NOT the last),i was told before i went i would not be dissapointed,fact TRUE.I ve been around a good few years now as some of you know,me thinking i have heard most things fact WRONG,outstanding records played last night that blew me away with the soul content & shear perfection of a soul record,thats MY kinda soul,

All the DJs were in my opinion outstanding,my fav has to be Tony Parker(there has to be one,thats not putting down the others)i never realised the quality of the man,always took him for granted and not to aware of the tunes played untill last night 5****well done sir..

A big thanks to Chalky for inviting me up & directions (beers are on me mate, next week in 100 club)..Steve Green for being Steve, you talk a lot of sense regarding records etc..Dave Rivers for keeping Mandy normal as she can be.Kirsty for the lolipops and laughter,great to see you again,still mad as a hatter..

Shame about the fire alarms going off,for once NOT a soul persons fault as i understand it, it was a resident having a crafty puff..even standing about outside in the rain did not dampen the spirits(excuse the pun)..

As i stated earlier I WILL RETURN,this is a fantastic venue,fantastic people and even better tunes played..WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED IN THIS EVENT,may it continue for a long long time..

THANKYOU..

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks to all who made it a great night last night :D Nice to see a fair few new faces.

Toby, glad you enjoyed it mate. Unfortunately the smoker was a soulie having a crafty one in female toilets with a smoke detector directly above her. The alarms did also show an alarm going off in one of the rooms as well. We even had one walking round the venue distributing flyers with a lit cigarette :thumbsup:

Anyway the fire alarm going off looks like costing the hotel £110 I think, £55 for each appliance from the fire station :D Just hope the manageress is in a good mood this morning although being woken at 3.30 to be told the fire alarm was ringing and fire service on their way I somehow doubt it!!!!

Again thanks to all who travelled and all the DJ's and we'll hopefully see you again on the 25th August (back in the normal room).

Guest toby

:D Hi Chalky,i never thought it would be a female soulie having a crafty puff in the loo,why on earth did she not go outside with the rest of them for a smoke.It could jepordise the future of Lifeline,i hope this does not happen for all soulies it would be a hell of a loss if Lifeline were to close,

I smoke(but cutting down by 75% as of today)but when i wanted a fag i went outside as stated by the staff at Lifeline & the hotel. Lets face it it is becoming a more anti social thing ,smoking.In the long term it can only be good thing for us all,so get used to it or smokers will become outcasts.

Chalky i hope you are able to smooth over the manageress etc and keep Lifeline going..

:D Hi Chalky,i never thought it would be a female soulie having a crafty puff in the loo,why on earth did she not go outside with the rest of them for a smoke.It could jepordise the future of Lifeline,i hope this does not happen for all soulies it would be a hell of a loss if Lifeline were to close,

I smoke(but cutting down by 75% as of today)but when i wanted a fag i went outside as stated by the staff at Lifeline & the hotel. Lets face it it is becoming a more anti social thing ,smoking.In the long term it can only be good thing for us all,so get used to it or smokers will become outcasts.

Chalky i hope you are able to smooth over the manageress etc and keep Lifeline going..

Who was having a crafty puff in the toilet :thumbsup:

Kev :D

Guest gordon russell

HEY, HEY ..BABY what a blinder yet again these are my kind of nights F***IN hardcore quality. hardcore people. you don't see people at these types of do's sitting around looking bored shan't say any more other than.....F***IN HARDCORE.bring on the next one

terry

As i stated earlier I WILL RETURN,this is a fantastic venue,fantastic people and even better tunes played..WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED IN THIS EVENT,may it continue for a long long time..

THANKYOU..

Take me and Graham with you next time Toby - wanted to go here for ages - from Lorraine your new sister.

Guest toby

Take me and Graham with you next time Toby - wanted to go here for ages - from Lorraine your new sister.

Hi little sis,no problem for next time,keep in touch,you would love it at Lifeline..

Great night last night. Top drawer music and people. Great to see so many friends. Missed a lot of Tony's spot, sorry mate. What I did hear was quality........Thought Kitch was absolutely brilliant, can't wait for his spot at Burnley on the 27th......Was very disappointed at fire alarm ruining Butch's spot, he was in top form as usual..... Thanks to Chalky and Mick, well done.

Guest stivessoulie

Becky and I really enjoyed it, especially Mick and Sam......also Geoff from Newcastle kept us entertained with his funny antics.... firemen too....what more could we ask for :thumbsup: Gill and Becky x :wicked:

Great night - shame about the fire alarm interrupting things :thumbsup: looking forward to coming up again to the next one - thumbsup.gif musically this night is the dogs and the way forward for the scene - usual suspects there from the Eastern region - sorry to miss you Phil K (quinvy) - must have been due to the darkness :thumbsup:

Mike Bolderson

Hello Lorraine, :rolleyes:

It's a really easy journey by train, from Kings Cross to Retford & only about 10/15 minutes in a cab & well worth the journey. thumbsup.gif

See you at Solid Hit in August if not before, X

Great night - shame about the fire alarm interrupting things :D looking forward to coming up again to the next one - :wicked: musically this night is the dogs and the way forward for the scene - usual suspects there from the Eastern region - sorry to miss you Phil K (quinvy) - must have been due to the darkness :lol:

Mike Bolderson

Bloody hell Mike, it was dark wasn't it. Nearly missed seeing Gaz Simon as he was sat down in a dark corner. rolleyes.gif Mind you I am as blind as one of the Kestrel Suite bats. :lol:

I will try and catch you next time mate.

Phil. :lol:

Hello Lorraine, :thumbsup:

It's a really easy journey by train, from Kings Cross to Retford & only about 10/15 minutes in a cab & well worth the journey. :(

See you at Solid Hit in August if not before, X

Thanks Dave, better see you before, will be in Istanbul on 17th August visiting Sue Parker and Bob Hall, though I don't doubt we will be dancing and drinking just as if we were at SHSC.

Lorraine