Ebay Problems

After many successful purchases on ebay it seems I have finally been caught out. Unfortunately it's a biggie.

I bought a copy of Elbie Parker on Veep from a seller in USA on 28th May and sent money immediately via Paypal. Nothing arrived so contacted him - no reply. Escalated as a dispute and had no response so filed a claim with Paypal. I'm still waiting whilst they investigate but since then he has had several negative feedback entries indicating he has done the same to others. He seems to have used the Paypal mailing service via USPS but clicking on the link indicates they were expecting the package but did not receive it.

Gutted would be putting it mildly, the record is a life long want - I'm sure you can gather how much I have lost.

The seller was :

Timothy Engle

1034 Inverrary ln

Deerfield, IL 60015

United States

buytoappreciate@earthlink.net

Ebay ID = floortoceilingmusic

I'll add updates as things progress and, of course will set the record straight if this turns out to be a simple error, although that seems unlikely now.

If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

John.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

After many successful purchases on ebay it seems I have finally been caught out. Unfortunately it's a biggie.

I bought a copy of Elbie Parker on Veep from a seller in USA on 28th May and sent money immediately via Paypal. Nothing arrived so contacted him - no reply. Escalated as a dispute and had no response so filed a claim with Paypal. I'm still waiting whilst they investigate but since then he has had several negative feedback entries indicating he has done the same to others. He seems to have used the Paypal mailing service via USPS but clicking on the link indicates they were expecting the package but did not receive it.

Gutted would be putting it mildly, the record is a life long want - I'm sure you can gather how much I have lost.

The seller was :

Timothy Engle

1034 Inverrary ln

Deerfield, IL 60015

United States

buytoappreciate@earthlink.net

Ebay ID = floortoceilingmusic

I'll add updates as things progress and, of course will set the record straight if this turns out to be a simple error, although that seems unlikely now.

If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

John.

I don't know this person, but I'm in Chicago and this seller is in a suburb of Chicago. There is a record show in 2 weeks, I can ask around for that name if you pm me around then to remind me.

Social source share

Guest hudsoul

i have also been waiting for a record[sPONTANES-UA] from him won on the 6th of june ,,i gave it time ,,but i dont think its coming,, :D:thumbsup: hes now no longer a registered ebay user :D so i will set about a claim,,,,,,tried contacting him through ebay messages but nothing,,,ar**hole,,,,,,

Social source share

i have also been waiting for a record[sPONTANES-UA] from him won on the 6th of june ,,i gave it time ,,but i dont think its coming,, :D:wicked: hes now no longer a registered ebay user :thumbsup: so i will set about a claim,,,,,,tried contacting him through ebay messages but nothing,,,ar**hole,,,,,,

Oh dear, see my quotes on 'Group Records' in this section...if they are no longer registered you won't be seeing your cash! Paypal informed me that they are unable to recover funds. In a nutshell, they've done a f***ing runner!!!!

However, because I paid through paypal with my credit card, I am gonna try and claim through my card.

Social source share

I don't know this person, but I'm in Chicago and this seller is in a suburb of Chicago. There is a record show in 2 weeks, I can ask around for that name if you pm me around then to remind me.

Thanks mate - I'll pm you around 12th July?

i have also been waiting for a record[sPONTANES-UA] from him won on the 6th of june ,,i gave it time ,,but i dont think its coming,, :D:wicked: hes now no longer a registered ebay user :thumbsup: so i will set about a claim,,,,,,tried contacting him through ebay messages but nothing,,,ar**hole,,,,,,

Sorry to hear that mate, hope it gets resolved.

Oh dear, see my quotes on 'Group Records' in this section...if they are no longer registered you won't be seeing your cash! Paypal informed me that they are unable to recover funds. In a nutshell, they've done a f***ing runner!!!!

However, because I paid through paypal with my credit card, I am gonna try and claim through my card.

Not sure about that, can still see his feedback, if they suspend him it may show as no longer a member?

By way of update, I found his phone number on internet and called, just got voice mail but couldn't leave message as mailbox was full. Bet that's all his "customers". At this point I'm just gonna wait for Paypal investigation, not much else I can do. It was a lot of money though and kinda puts me off the whole thing.

Thanks for your help, more updates when I find out more.

John.

Social source share

AM TOO HAVIN A RECORD DRAGGIN IT'S HEELS FROM THE USA, BOUGHT A BLUE LABEL WILLIE TEE FOR 90 QUID, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS A BARGAIN, ON 31ST OF MAY. SELLER NO LONGER LISTING ITEMS FOR SALE BUT STILL RECIEVING FEEDBACK FROM BUYERS WHO PURCHASED IN THE LAST MONTH SO I LIVE IN HOPE.... BUT NOT FOR MUCH LONGER :thumbsup: .

BRI.

Social source share

Just to let you know that I have had an email from Paypal saying that they have found in my favour and are attempting to recover my money ($860.17), they say it should be there in five days.

Hopefully anyone else that has claimed will get the same result. Good luck!

I'll keep you updated & thanks for help.

John.

PS anyone got an Elbie Parker for sale?!

Social source share

Just to let you know that I have had an email from Paypal saying that they have found in my favour and are attempting to recover my money ($860.17), they say it should be there in five days.

John.

No but you paid 100 quid too much for it :wicked:unsure.gif

Social source share

John.

hope all goes well for you john

i got my money back

got charged about £16 but was worth it

never see my record listed since though so im giving up hope of ever finding one

moldie

Social source share

that sure will make john feel a whole lot better no.gif

He's just having a grouchy moment mate, too much rain. See posting in "Can I really Be A Soul Fan" thread. That's Pete for ya!

Anyway, I'm sure you'll reserve the next one you get (preferably an issue) at £100 less - right Pete?

If I get my money back that is.......

John

Social source share

He's just having a grouchy moment mate, too much rain. See posting in "Can I really Be A Soul Fan" thread. That's Pete for ya!

Anyway, I'm sure you'll reserve the next one you get (preferably an issue) at £100 less - right Pete?

If I get my money back that is.......

John

I've never sold it for more than £300 so I don't know what to tell you!

Hope you get your dosh back though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!