Well...whitby This Weekend

• Replies 62
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

yep its here again....whitby weekender....anyone going ????

Bazza

Me & Dolly are going over Saturday morning (can't go Friday due to working away) and I'm really looking forward to it.

Yes there were some chaotic scenes last year - although not having been around when it all went pear shaped for some, I can't really comment with any qualification - but the event itself is a real good one. Not being niters means that the days are not wasted in a catatonic heap and exploring the town itself is a big part of the appeal for me.

My only 2 hopes are for a dry weekend (warm and sunny would be better!!!) and that my fave fish restaurant has a sea bass left when I arrive!!

Hope to see anyone from on here who is going along.

Neil Jones

Bazza shame mate, you was missed at Brid and you missed a Blinder hope to see you there in 08 even took billy for you too tongue.gif

Rob

Yes ,your right Rob,should have gone to brid,....even tho' we have every thing sorted for Whitby..I dont think we are going to bother going,the fisco last time has put a real downer on it for me :shhh:

cya at the next Polish club do' :rolleyes:

Bazza

Guest Glawsters Best

WELL GAIL AND I WILL BE THERE MISSED LAST YEARS PROBLEMS ON SAT (TOO PISSED TO MAKE SAT NIGHT)

BUT STILL HAD A GREAT WEEKEND BUT I THINK BRID IS A GO'ER NEXT YEAR ANYWAY IN THE MEAN TIME ROLL ON THE WEEKEND HOPE WE GET TO SEE SOME SUN :P

Guest stash313

I'll be there and celebrating my 20th Birthday as its that weekend. I haven't been for two years so can't comment on the problems but its always a weekend I look forward to in a gorgeous location.

Really looking forward to it...

Guest Trevski

..... would rather suck sick through a tramps sock.

And pay him for the pleasure! :(

Whitby? Weekender? Surely you jest.. :P

Edited by Trevski

Hi Bazza :P

Answer to your question NO :(

Hi Hurryup...dont blame you, we have all ready got the tickets and hotel booked ...but we not going..pity we have all ready bought the tickets ... But never mind ...we just dont want to go,so whats the point in spending another £500 quid or so, we were at the last one ,never got to the bottom of what actually happened...see you and Daz soon

Bazza

Hi Hurryup...dont blame you, we have all ready got the tickets and hotel booked ...but we not going..pity we have all ready bought the tickets ... But never mind ...we just dont want to go,so whats the point in spending another £500 quid or so, we were at the last one ,never got to the bottom of what actually happened...see you and Daz soon

Bazza

Won't Anyboby from the North East buy them ?????? :P

Just a reminder that Whitby is SOLD OUT. Please do not attempt to travel unless you have a valid ticket.

The event returns on July 4-6 2008 with extended hours on all 3 days. If you can't wait that long then a Commercial and Northern Weekender takes place at the Whitby Pavilion Oct 5/6. The Drifters will be performing a special set featuring You Got To Pay Your Dues, Baby What I Mean, Pour Your Little Heart Out etc etc.

Tickets for October and July 2008 are on sale now from www.goldsoul.co.uk

Guest hurryup

Bazza

Hi Bazza

Haven't seen you for a while. Don't worry, I'll fill you in on happened last year and then you can make your mind up - as many people already have. I have to say that the one reason I don't like this scene is because of the politics - created by the minority penny pinching, back stabbing egotists. :thumbsup:

We went to Brid instead - as I am banned from the Whitby event biggrin.gif , we had a really good time and met up with all those who were locked out at Whitby last year, plus hundreds of other soul fans from across the country.

See you soon :)

Guest hatman

Just a reminder that Whitby is SOLD OUT. Please do not attempt to travel unless you have a valid ticket.

:thumbsup: looks like there's one born every minute !!! So How much are the tickets for next year then ???

You cant even sell your tickets Bazza. A couple that I know bought some last year & realised a few months ago that they cant make it. They arent allowed to sell them on as they have to be the names on the tickets (you have to have proof of id when you get there) & mr customer services wont give them their money back. So you're up a creek without a paddle!

Guest outonthefloor

Think I'll make my own mind up ,not been yet but I know I will have a laugh as I always do when I'm out biggrin.gif:rolleyes:

I agree 100%. Going with an open mind and loads of mates so I'm expecting to hear some great tunes and have a larf which, if I'm not mistaken, is what it's all about.

Maybe I'll regret it maybe i wont but i think I'll go and decide for myself

XXX

Guest hurryup

I agree 100%. Going with an open mind and loads of mates so I'm expecting to hear some great tunes and have a larf which, if I'm not mistaken, is what it's all about.

Maybe I'll regret it maybe i wont but i think I'll go and decide for myself

XXX

I apologise for mentioning last year again (and this will be the last time I do mention it, unless someone disagrees with what actually happened!!) but I don't think some people haven't got a bloody clue. We all go out with the intentions of having a good time and a laugh with friends but when you're accused of knowingly buying forged tickets (totally untrue) and not being allowed into the venue because it was already full, this doesn't bode well for "having a laugh," especially having travelled miles and expecting to have a ball. Many of us have not had an apology or refund.

I rest my case :lol:

Hope all those who are going - have a fab time :)

You sad people, put your pet lips away & put a smile on your face. I was there last year when the s**t hit the fan & I feel truly sorry for those stranded outside & can understand if they all stayed away but I'm with Leon & Neil Jones it's a dam good weekender, friendly, social & good fun, also a pleasure to spend time with friends from up & down the country who we don't see often enough. So remember it's not about the man, it's about the place & the people. :shades: The "Goolies" & friends will be there in force. :lol:

See you all there,

Spot. :wub:

p.s. Come on Bazza you know you'll enjoy it once you get there m8. :lol:

Guest FREEANEASY

You sad people, put your pet lips away & put a smile on your face. I was there last year when the s**t hit the fan & I feel truly sorry for those stranded outside & can understand if they all stayed away but I'm with Leon & Neil Jones it's a dam good weekender, friendly, social & good fun, also a pleasure to spend time with friends from up & down the country who we don't see often enough. So remember it's not about the man, it's about the place & the people. :ohmy: The "Goolies" & friends will be there in force. :D

See you all there,

Spot. :thumbsup:

p.s. Come on Bazza you know you'll enjoy it once you get there m8. :shades:

ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MAN MATE YOUR RIGHT, ITS ALL ABOUT LINING THE MANS POCKETS !!!!

OH YES AND WHILE IM IN THE MOOD THE MANS POISON IMHO WITH THREATS OF "DO BRID AND YOU WONT DO WHITBY" COMMENTS TO CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS SPRING TO MIND wanker.gif

NO TIME FOR BEING NICE WHEN HES TRYING TACTICS LIKE THAT. :(

You sad people, put your pet lips away & put a smile on your face. I was there last year when the s**t hit the fan & I feel truly sorry for those stranded outside & can understand if they all stayed away but I'm with Leon & Neil Jones it's a dam good weekender, friendly, social & good fun, also a pleasure to spend time with friends from up & down the country who we don't see often enough. So remember it's not about the man, it's about the place & the people. :( The "Goolies" & friends will be there in force. :ohmy:

See you all there,

Spot. :thumbsup:

p.s. Come on Bazza you know you'll enjoy it once you get there m8. :D

Ill have to see what she wants to Pete..might end up there anyway...as I said got the tickets and room booked...might see you there yet

Bazza

Guest hurryup

You sad people, put your pet lips away & put a smile on your face. I was there last year when the s**t hit the fan & I feel truly sorry for those stranded outside & can understand if they all stayed away but I'm with Leon & Neil Jones it's a dam good weekender, friendly, social & good fun, also a pleasure to spend time with friends from up & down the country who we don't see often enough. So remember it's not about the man, it's about the place & the people. :( The "Goolies" & friends will be there in force. :P

See you all there,

Spot. shades.gif

Obviously Spot you weren't stranded outside and treated like a criminal, otherwise you'd feel very differently. I agree with Freeaneasy, I, for one, have principles :yes: and I don't intend lining his pockets ever again. He's still using bully-boy tactics by threatening dj's who were down to play at Brid. If people still want to support him and his clan wanker.gif , don't say you haven't been warned :D .

Guest Glawsters Best

You sad people, put your pet lips away & put a smile on your face. I was there last year when the s**t hit the fan & I feel truly sorry for those stranded outside & can understand if they all stayed away but I'm with Leon & Neil Jones it's a dam good weekender, friendly, social & good fun, also a pleasure to spend time with friends from up & down the country who we don't see often enough. So remember it's not about the man, it's about the place & the people. :yes: The "Goolies" & friends will be there in force. :P

See you all there,

Spot. :(

well done Pete it not about the place or who runs it. it's about you going out and enjoying your self that some i do eveytime i go out that the big problem with this scene a lot of folk care about what other folk think what the f**k do your own thing thumbsup.gif

see you there pete and neil

Edited by Glawsters Best

You sad people, put your pet lips away & put a smile on your face. I was there last year when the s**t hit the fan & I feel truly sorry for those stranded outside & can understand if they all stayed away but I'm with Leon & Neil Jones it's a dam good weekender, friendly, social & good fun, also a pleasure to spend time with friends from up & down the country who we don't see often enough. So remember it's not about the man, it's about the place & the people. :yes: The "Goolies" & friends will be there in force. :P

See you all there,

Spot. :(

Sorry Pete, I love you to bits, but I have to disagree.I can see why you're defending the weekender, your best mate is co-promoter. It is about that man, because of the way he runs things. People arent just pi**ed off by the fact that they got locked out, it's the unanswered questions (probably because he cant answer them)& the treatment of people. Yes there was forged tickets, but have we had the outcome of the court case that was promised by him, no we havent. His silence speaks a thousand words. Instead the last thing we've heard uttered from his mouth is "You're banned (for asking genuine questions) or my solicitors letter is in the post".

If he had made things right 12 months ago, then I for one would have gone back, but never again for me, though he made it easier for me for banning me :Dwhistling.gif

I just really hope that nothing goes wrong this time for the people who do decide to go, because that man really does got give a sh*t about his paying punter.

Guest Glawsters Best

KIRSTY

I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR COMING FROM BUT I THINK YOUR ONLY CHEATING YOURSELF IF YOU STOP GOING TO VENUES BECASUE OF POLITICS I DID A FEW YEARS AGO ( I DON'T WANT TO GO INTO THE STORY ) STOP GOING TO CERTAIN VENUES BUT I SAT DOWN ONE DAY THINKING I'M JUST SPOILING FOR MYSELF SO WHAT THE F**K GET OUT ENJOY YOURSELF YOUR ALONG TIME DEAD thumbsup.gif

Guest tony hatfield

Why not try YORK SOUL CLUB if you don't fancy Whitby? :(:yes::P and if you go some where else the month after I wont hold a grudge, you can come back the month after that thumbsup.gif

Guest Glawsters Best

Why not try YORK SOUL CLUB if you don't fancy Whitby? :(:yes::P and if you go some where else the month after I wont hold a grudge, you can come back the month after that thumbsup.gif

:D

Go on Bazza you know you want to go really, all the gang are really gonna miss you both if you dont go. Whe're already down on numbers by three or so due to unfortunate circumstances so come on get them bags packed and we'l see you there.

K2

Ps

Best wishes from all the gang for our good friend in hospital, wishing for a speedy recovery.

well done Pete it not about the place or who runs it. it's about you going out and enjoying your self that some i do eveytime i go out that the big problem with this scene a lot of folk care about what other folk think what the f**k do your own thing thumbsup.gif

see you there pete and neil

I see your point mate but there are plenty places to go without putting the money is this mans pocket,so much has been said about last year and all other big promoter tactics,i and my freinds will never go anyplace that this man promotes,sometime you have to make a stand against what is wrong..I always wish folk who do go have a good time,but many of us just don't want to come into contact with people like this...

steve

Edited by little-stevie

Some folk have got short memories...I remember last year this event's promoter's behaviour was terrible on this forum. He threatened Kirsty with legal action just for telling her story of being locked out and subsequently banned her from all his events. And i've heard the other stories which I won't mention in case Aardvaak or whatever he calls himself nowadays comes on here and threatens me.... laugh.gif

Have some integrity and go to Prestatyn,Bridlington,Yarmouth, Cleethorpes...there's plenty of them about without resorting to plastic northern soul!

The event returns on July 4-6 2008 with extended hours on all 3 days. If you can't wait that long then a Commercial and Northern Weekender takes place at the Whitby Pavilion Oct 5/6. The Drifters will be performing a special set featuring You Got To Pay Your Dues, Baby What I Mean, Pour Your Little Heart Out etc etc.

Tickets for October and July 2008 are on sale now from www.goldsoul.co.uk

apart from the bitch track

all the Drifters are dead arent they as I know none of the where ever on the recordings

another removal of pennies under a banner of soul

IMO

Some folk have got short memories...I remember last year this event's promoter's behaviour was terrible on this forum. He threatened Kirsty with legal action just for telling her story of being locked out and subsequently banned her from all his events. And i've heard the other stories which I won't mention in case Aardvaak or whatever he calls himself nowadays comes on here and threatens me.... laugh.gif

Have some integrity and go to Prestatyn,Bridlington,Yarmouth, Cleethorpes...there's plenty of them about without resorting to plastic northern soul!

Me names Doug and I dont care wot AAARDVAARK says or does.

said same last year as well

and I dont attend KR bits

LA,NEW YORK,WHITBY,GOLDSOUL BOOTLEGS ETC,

northeast peeps no better

Edited by MAKEMVINYL

You go to a restaurant. You are greeted by a friendly smily face, who says she is really pleased to see you. She takes you to your seat & your meal is served to perfection. The manageress/manager comes over a few times & asks you what you think of the food/venue, etc. They also ask you if there is anything they can do to improve on. They welcome your custom & care that you are happy. Plus the meal was great value at £20.00

You go to another restaurant. You're cramped in like sardines & the manager is nowhere to be seen. You then get red wine thrown all over your brand new white top. You are offered nothing & are made to pay the £35.00 for the meal in full. The manager is nowhere to seen, so when you bring it up with him at a later date, he bans you from his restaurant.

You are going out for another meal, where would you go?

Guest outonthefloor

Blimey.......feel the love!!!!!

I've never been one for being told what to do or following the crowd because I'm told to..... lamsey.gif

If you went before and had a bad experience don't go back, fair enough. Some places i will never give my hard earned cash to again.

But why insult people who happen to want to go and make up their own minds. We are going for the first time. If it's s**t we won't go back.

Maybe he is all the things people say he is...maybe not. I respect and admire some of the DJ's playing at this event. Isn't this a bit insulting to them too?

My advice for what it's worth is make up your own mind, vote with your feet, allow others to do same.

'Plastic northern' !!!!!!!! Just look at the DJ line up !!!! I don't think so.

Watch 'Look backs' next week for an honest and frank review. You know I'll tell it like it was.

Helen

XXXXX

I've never been one for being told what to do or following the crowd because I'm told to..... :(

If you went before and had a bad experience don't go back, fair enough. Some places i will never give my hard earned cash to again.

But why insult people who happen to want to go and make up their own minds. We are going for the first time. If it's s**t we won't go back.

Maybe he is all the things people say he is...maybe not. I respect and admire some of the DJ's playing at this event. Isn't this a bit insulting to them too?

My advice for what it's worth is make up your own mind, vote with your feet, allow others to do same.

Watch 'Look backs' next week for an honest and frank review. You know I'll tell it like it was.

Helen

XXXXX

Have fun...I've heard it's cold in Whitby this time of year and you best take your wellies...I'm sure all those top djs are going just for the weather rolleyes.gif

Although I'm sure you should know all about plastic northern with a name like outonthefloor :(

:(

Enjoy

Edited by Reg

I'm neither for or against the whitby event or it's promoters, i just go anywhere i think i'm gonna enjoy myself but you mention integrity and Prestatyn, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this event primarily promoted by a holiday company whose main intention is to cram as many in as possible and then empty your pockets?

If numbers were to dwindle a little and pontins thought they could pack the venue changing the 'theme' to rock n roll they would drop the NS event like a shot, IMHO of course! now that's plastic!

Guest outonthefloor

Ha ha....I'm only having a laugh laugh.gif Just don't want you to be disappointed that's all :(

No offence taken XXXXX :(:(

I'll let you know how i get on

XXXXX

Guest hurryup

I've never been one for being told what to do or following the crowd because I'm told to..... :(

Helen

XXXXX

That's exactly what I did last year "told it like it was." I then received threatening e-mails saying he was taking me to court and that I was banned from any of his future events. No apologies, no refund, just his bully-boy tactics that he's soooooo famous for wanker.gif . So please don't criticise us for having a go at him, we're not telling you not to go, we're just saying why we'll never ever go again :( .

A little compassion goes a long way rolleyes.gif

I'll look forward to your comments next week.

I'm neither for or against the whitby event or it's promoters, i just go anywhere i think i'm gonna enjoy myself but you mention integrity and Prestatyn, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this event primarily promoted by a holiday company whose main intention is to cram as many in as possible and then empty your pockets?

If numbers were to dwindle a little and pontins thought they could pack the venue changing the 'theme' to rock n roll they would drop the NS event like a shot, IMHO of course! now that's plastic!

Well that's coming from somebody who just said he doesn't give a rats ass about integrity...I don't think the Prestatyn promotors are in the same league as GS.

Well that's coming from somebody who just said he doesn't give a rats ass about integrity...I don't think the Prestatyn promotors are in the same league as GS.

BTW i attend Prestatyn event every year! also cleethorpes and i have been known to attend Whitby, like i said i go where i think i will enjoy myself,

You mentioned 'integrity' and 'plastic northern' not me, and it doesn't get much more plastic than a holiday company cashing in on what they percieve to be a 'winner' financially!

But to be honest i don't really care!