Bridlingtonn Weekender

Just landed back from the first Bridlington weekend, had a great time.

Arrived at the Greyhound about 3ish on Friday. A big thanks to Pete from Bentick for introducing me to so many nice soul sourcers, had a great time nattering to them in the pub, mr & mrs rednose, mr & mrs night nurse, (sorry for blocking out the sunlight Friday night :D:thumbsup: ), Steve B & his lovely wife, Pete Taylor (enjoyed your spots), naughty boy & soul adequate (one of the sweetest guys I have ever met. Would have joined you in that champagne today if I hadnt been driving).

Friday night was superb, great music from all the dj's, danced my little socks off. The venue was fab & it was lovely receiving such a warm welcome from Karen Wigley, who was a fantastic sense of humour, I'm glad you saw the funny side of my stunt on the way out.

The Saturday afternoon do was tip top, by the end of it though I was beginning to struggle, lack of sleep too much dancing.

Managed to drag myself out for the kick off again Saturday night. Musically for me Friday night was better than Saturday night, but I'm not complaining, still had an ace time & I think it is fair to say that all musically tastes were catered for over the weekend. Enjoyed this afternoon & would have like to have stayed longer, but had to be back.

Looking forward to it next year at the spa, I'm certainly going to make it a date.

Lastly a really, really big thank you to my companions for the weekend, Sue & Steve, brilliant people & fantastic company.

Thanks for looking after me, Steve I cant believe it was your first weekender, I had trouble keeping up with you.

I'm off to detox my liver :yes::wicked:

Well done to the east coast soul collective

Kx

• Replies 56
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi kirsty nice to meet you in the greyhound, have to agree with you totally about friday nite being better than saturday nite musically. having said that most fridays on weekenders have the party nite atmosphere and saturdays are more relaxed. hope to see you soon

Guest krawen

What a great weekend, and it will only get better.

Hi Kirsty , always nice to put a face to a soul source name, and i also found out who Red Nose was at last wink.gif The current venue was good but the Spa looks even better for next year. We've already found a nice hotel for next year that will allow us to bring one of our dogs up so we can spend time on the beach with him in the day time .

Well done to everyone involved with getting this weekender off the ground.

All the best

Steve B

What a great weekend, and it will only get better.

Hi Kirsty , always nice to put a face to a soul source name, and i also found out who Red Nose was at last :rolleyes: The current venue was good but the Spa looks even better for next year. We've already found a nice hotel for next year that will allow us to bring one of our dogs up so we can spend time on the beach with him in the day time .

Well done to everyone involved with getting this weekender off the ground.

All the best

Steve B

++

Just a quickie, reason being i will let all you Soul soucers have your say first nice to meet the ss ers i have not met before, if i missed any of you which i think i did sorry !

arrived back this morning at 3.30am after a marathon last day, jeez my frigging feet are killing after a straight 13 hours of duty

Rob Wicks

aka Naughty Boy

oooo sorry Kirsty and Mags i never bought you that drink its in my diary for next year

Edited by Naughty Boy

None of my photos came out Steve (sorry Sue if you are reading) they were too dark. I'm well disappointed. But there were plenty of people with cameras there. I'm just wondering what sort of bribery I have to use to get mr & mrs night nurse not to post that photo of me when I was in silly mode. They've probably already prepared the poster for this weekend!

Night nurse, my pm's arent working, I cant reply to posts & I cant use my icons. I'm killing myself laughing, top class.

I think if you went to Whitby with it, they'd pay you to take it away!

WELL WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT BRID HERE GOES

WEEKEND STARTED WITH A TWO HR DRIVE TO THE HOTEL WE ARRIVED AFTER A STRAIGHT THOUGH JOURNY NO HOLD UPS AND NO RAIN TO BE SEEN ANYWERE TOOK US A HOUR TO FIND HOTEL BUT WE FOUND IT IN THE END

MET A FEW OF THE NOTTS CROWD IN A PUB BUT CANT REMEBER THE PUBS NAME (hic :yes: ) we met somebody called kirstym who ever she is :rolleyes: wait till you see pics of her :no:

friday night was a great night music was for all taste we didnt dance much as i was knackerd from the drive down met some old friends down then that we had not seen for a year richard and lesely lovely to see you both again and now we got your new number and email address we will keep in touch bump into that kirstym again she was all over the place :lol: .

sat night was the night for me it was a stomper night i never stopped dancing my feet were killing me and the old war wound started playing up but i didnt care one bit it was fantasic i even learned to stomp boy did that kill me of needed afag after that then straight back on the dance floor oh and then we bumped into that women again now what was her name ummm oh i remember kirstym she was like a bad dream lol :shhh: again music was brill cant fault the djs in any way shape or fourm they all play top tunes and the dance floor was kept packed well done to you all you were all top notch a big thank you for entertaning us all .

the weather was good and no sign of all that rain we were promised even saw the sun a few times

i have only two complaints about the whole weekend

1/ the hotel was the pits 148.00 bed & breakfast for two nights and we deffo not going back there again

2/ the no smoking ban came into effect from friday night

neither of witch were down to the promters may i add but it was a good time out side meeting new soulies and and having a chatt thumbsup.gif

NOW THEN ABOUT THE PROMOTERS AND ALL THE REST OF THEM THAT HELPED PUT ON THIS VENUE

ROB AND KAREN

A BIG THANK YOU i think i can say from every one who attended a MASSIVE thank you . well done for a wicked weekend of soul you both made us feel more than welcome and we deffo coming again even brought next yrs tickets and cant wait thank you karen for all the fun at the smoking point you kept that smile on your face even though you dont smoke you came and chatted with us lot that did you were a star and it was great to see you again after such a long time Didnt see much of rob it seems like he was busy in the back ground but rob a big thanks to you as well even the sercurity on the door were freindly and joined in with the laughs out side they were great and if you see leserly again thank her for her offer and we might even take her up on it and we cant forget naurgtyboy can we well done mate it was nice to see meet you at last and thanks once again for all your hard work might even ask you to dj for us at my venue east kirkby miners welfare .\

MY VEIW ON THE WHOLE WEEKEND TOP WEEKEND WELL DONE TO YOU ALL AND WE LOOKING FORWARD ALREADY TO NEXT YEARS 10 OUT OF 10 A BIG THANK YOU FROM LITTLE OLD NIGHT NURSE AND MRS NIGHT NURSE ( dave and sue

WELL WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT BRID HERE GOES

WEEKEND STARTED WITH A TWO HR DRIVE TO THE HOTEL WE ARRIVED AFTER A STRAIGHT THOUGH JOURNY NO HOLD UPS AND NO RAIN TO BE SEEN ANYWERE TOOK US A HOUR TO FIND HOTEL BUT WE FOUND IT IN THE END

MET A FEW OF THE NOTTS CROWD IN A PUB BUT CANT REMEBER THE PUBS NAME (hic :( ) we met somebody called kirstym who ever she is :rolleyes: wait till you see pics of her :no:

friday night was a great night music was for all taste we didnt dance much as i was knackerd from the drive down met some old friends down then that we had not seen for a year richard and lesely lovely to see you both again and now we got your new number and email address we will keep in touch bump into that kirstym again she was all over the place :no: .

sat night was the night for me it was a stomper night i never stopped dancing my feet were killing me and the old war wound started playing up but i didnt care one bit it was fantasic i even learned to stomp boy did that kill me of needed afag after that then straight back on the dance floor oh and then we bumped into that women again now what was her name ummm oh i remember kirstym she was like a bad dream lol :shhh: again music was brill cant fault the djs in any way shape or fourm they all play top tunes and the dance floor was kept packed well done to you all you were all top notch a big thank you for entertaning us all .

the weather was good and no sign of all that rain we were promised even saw the sun a few times

i have only two complaints about the whole weekend

1/ the hotel was the pits 148.00 bed & breakfast for two nights and we deffo not going back there again

2/ the no smoking ban came into effect from friday night

neither of witch were down to the promters may i add but it was a good time out side meeting new soulies and and having a chatt thumbsup.gif

NOW THEN ABOUT THE PROMOTERS AND ALL THE REST OF THEM THAT HELPED PUT ON THIS VENUE

ROB AND KAREN

A BIG THANK YOU i think i can say from every one who attended a MASSIVE thank you . well done for a wicked weekend of soul you both made us feel more than welcome and we deffo coming again even brought next yrs tickets and cant wait thank you karen for all the fun at the smoking point you kept that smile on your face even though you dont smoke you came and chatted with us lot that did you were a star and it was great to see you again after such a long time Didnt see much of rob it seems like he was busy in the back ground but rob a big thanks to you as well even the sercurity on the door were freindly and joined in with the laughs out side they were great and if you see leserly again thank her for her offer and we might even take her up on it and we cant forget naurgtyboy can we well done mate it was nice to see meet you at last and thanks once again for all your hard work might even ask you to dj for us at my venue east kirkby miners welfare .\

MY VEIW ON THE WHOLE WEEKEND TOP WEEKEND WELL DONE TO YOU ALL AND WE LOOKING FORWARD ALREADY TO NEXT YEARS 10 OUT OF 10 A BIG THANK YOU FROM LITTLE OLD NIGHT NURSE AND MRS NIGHT NURSE ( dave and sue

Well thank you very much for all the kind words from all of you. Just in from Brid, been to the 3Bs this morning and they are still buzzing from the whole weekend and what a well-behaved crowd these Northern soul lot are !!

we are well knackered at the moment, Dave PM us with the name of the place you stayed in and we will make sure they don't get an advert on anything to do with next year !!

We are already working on next years event, we have tickets on sale NOW at £25 each more details to follow

PM us with your phone number if you want to buy tickets and we will give you the dates and times etc and ways to buy.

Dont forget our co-promoters, John Poole, Pat Brady & Rob Wicks as always it is a Team effort.

More to follow inc photos when we have had a sleep :lol::yes:

Thanks again to all

Rob & Karen

Bridlington ? where do you start !

lets just wind back 7 years yes years,

firstly Bridlington was not put on as a spoiler to that other thing up the coast, Myself and Pat Brady 1st started negotiations with the Spa in scarbourough all those years back having held a Allniter there for the Great Northern Soul Club, having undertaken exhaustive talks and constant checking for a good window in the diary all we ever got in return was knock backs for various reasons being that every available date that BECAME VACANT , FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER ....it just did not sit right either this one room was not available or another plus hotels etc are a fooking pain in the ass in that town because the Holiday season is longer so no rooms available for people wanting a weekend ..... its full of grannies and families, or my or Pats commitments fooked things up , we were still sorting out with the Spa in Scarborough right up to early 2006 , when we chalked a BIG FOOK IT mainly due to room availability . However during this period a certain person got wind of our plans and jumped in to a venue we discounted as not being flexible enough for our needs.

Anyway having connections with Rob Wigley and John Poole we decided to join forces ,under the banner of ECSC which gave me more time with my other commitments, we went for the Spa Bridlington but because of building delays we were offered the 3BS, to draw our line in the sand

after our 1st intial visit to meet the managers etc a look at the venue.

the feel of the whole place was right STAFF Venue Town location .

SO the PEOPLES WEEKENDER WAS BORN, FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE NOT DRIVEN FOR MONEY BUT A FOOKIN CRACKING TIME AND VALUE FOR MONEY. SOMETHING NEW TO DO and done in a diff way :P

anyway i had a blinding weekend along with everybody else the venue run like clockwork the atmosphere was electric but chilled and our trojan horse was Robs Karen she spent the whole weekend on the door so a big thanks from us all

2008 bring it on

nice to meet all SSers and everybody else there who enjoyed you cant buy advertisements like that.

ive just looked at the email ive received in my inbox and cant believe the compliments , i may post a few up later.

details of 2008 will be released next week

people tell your friends to get to Brid 2008 to make it even better

Rob

Edited by Naughty Boy
Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

To quote the Fast Show "Bugger"

Missed a good one there, well with the organisers having all that practice I would not have expected any major hiccups. The curse of 12 hr days all weekend precluded my attendance but that just left more Guinness for Mr Wigley to sup :P

Congrats to all involved in the organisation and execution of a great weekender, a salutory lesson for the more avaricious so-called promototers out there on how it should be done :(

All the best & see you in 2008 (Already checking the roster & AL diary :( )

Dave

Now then back to work for a rest Rob ?

Hullo all....

Firstly the bad bits, just to get em out the way. My feet hurt, my back hurts, my ears hurt, my liver would be hurting and my wallet hurts. My feet hurt cos i danced, my back hurtscos i went on a bloody speedboat sunday am and banged my ribs so couldnt dance Sunday, my ears hurt cos of all tha great music played, my liver would have hurt if i hadn't had to stay off the booze cos of the pain killers and my wallet hurt cos it was a holiday and I'm a tight Yorkshireman.

Now the good bits......... EVERYTHING !!!

See you next year ( got tickets already)

Sue 'n' Tim B

Edited by Timbsl

To quote the Fast Show "Bugger"

Missed a good one there, well with the organisers having all that practice I would not have expected any major hiccups. The curse of 12 hr days all weekend precluded my attendance but that just left more Guinness for Mr Wigley to sup :P

Congrats to all involved in the organisation and execution of a great weekender, a salutory lesson for the more avaricious so-called promototers out there on how it should be done :(

All the best & see you in 2008 (Already checking the roster & AL diary :( )

Dave

Now then back to work for a rest Rob ?

Looking for that pint all weekend Dave, not flooded are you ?? see you very soon as you know back for the rest at work-----3.00 am tuesday morning zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rob & karen

Hi

just wanna add my bit to say this was a great value weekender!! wink.gif

Wasnt there Friday because i was djing for dare i say the "R" word!! :D

the venue was first class and the buzz wa exciting!!

Well done to Rob & Karen and of course Mr Poole!! wink.gif

My only gripe is the constant snipes by some of the DJs about Kev Roberts over the microphone , i just thought it a bit un profresiomal! It made it sound like he gets to you lads!! :-))) :thumbsup: Rise above all the politics !! The best way is to make this a event a weekend to remember which im sure it will!

All the DJs i heard where excellent, but my hero has to be MORT! All his sets were SO well put together and well thought! He didnt stick to the tried and tested and still had the froor ablaze! By 10 pm on Sunday evenening his voice had almost gone he gave his all the mans a born DJ !! His style SO reminded me of the Late Great Martin Ellis from the Torch All Niters,, wink.gif:D:D

Good luck with the move next year Rob and Team

Most enjoyable Weekend

See you at WHITBY :D

Nige Brown

PS underneath is a revue from Carms who was with me at the event!

"What a joy it was being only 12 miles from a soul do :) Gave us so much

freedom to come and go , and also now being quite familier with the area

made this a very enjoyable weekend.

A small jaunt to what is becoming the place we tend to spend most time

eating in lol ..Beverley , its got some fab eateries if you fancy something

different to fish and chips , which is what you tend to get in seaside

towns.

Awesome venue , plenty of comfortable seating , a sunken dance floor that

was a joy to dance on .

The Stage housed the Dj's , they were professionaly spot lighted in a great

shade of purple , the sound system was top notch and sounded superb.

MY fave times were the dayers , I always feel people play "their" choices

rather than feed floors at this time of day.

Top Dj was a guy called Mort ... he looked like he was loving it rather than

"working" , he played

a great B-side in Fontella Bass's flip to recovery , sounded Brill .

Very friendly crowd and organisers , great turn out by the north East. Alas

this place is due to be bulldozed , but I hear next years venue is even

better ! and it will have more rooms for different genres.

The play did lean more to traditional sounds at night , but the dayers did

prove thrilling with more adventurous play shall we say. Not very much R&B

played .

For 20.00 quid this was a great weekends entertainment."

Carms

x

Hi Noige Carms

many thanks for your kind words, but just to pickup on a few points

our proggy stated we welcomed any comments go or bad, we dont have a problem with that. :)

on the point of the 3B's its a real shame it going to be either demolished or converted which ever its going to be a fitness suite in the end, but before it does go we have got a further event on there , not a weekender though i may add unless the spa gets delayed another year, which i dont think is likely.

On the point of the snipes, i must confess i never heard one off any Dj and if i had i would have been the 1st up there and pulled the person, I did say though myself during the last ten mins or so 'i hope this sends a message up the east coast" and those are the very words i used period now that is up to any interpretation anybody wishes to read into it ,the EAST COAST IS A VERY LONG COAST INDEED .

ON the point of you know who ,we realy should have gave him some shit WHY because of the shit he and his partner have tried causing ,Surprise Surprise huh :thumbsup: just one of the things is coming the big Alan Sugar with certain DJs i wonder why i does not do that with his bigger named jocks, because they will not stand for that shit thats why, he should start paying them a retainer, anyway enough of his Bollotics and childish games ,i dont need it we dont need it ,some people live in the real world and not a FOOOKING SELF MADE IVORY TOWER

ROB WICKS

Edited by Naughty Boy

Hi

just wanna say ive been in touch with Rob W off list about my comments in the above post about kr !

it was a off the cuff coment, and i dont not wish to offend anyone as i said this was a superb event and all who were there will agree!

i apologise unreservedly for any offence ,but i repeat there was non meant ,it was only an opinion.

Rob & Karen were first class hosts and the event next year will be huge one

Il get back in me corner now :thumbsup:

Nige B

Guest the dukester

Hi

just wanna say ive been in touch with Rob W off list about my comments in the above post about kr !

it was a off the cuff coment, and i dont not wish to offend anyone as i said this was a superb event and all who were there will agree!

i apologise unreservedly for any offence ,but i repeat there was non meant ,it was only an opinion.

Rob & Karen were first class hosts and the event next year will be huge one

Il get back in me corner now :excl:

Nige B

Nige

I played a record in my last spot for Kev Roberts...WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE..KENNY SHEPARD, dont think it was a snipe at KR just my thoughts on a number of comments that he had said to certain friends of mine in the run up to the Brid Weekender. ph34r.gif

Nige

I played a record in my last spot for Kev Roberts...WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE..KENNY SHEPARD, dont think it was a snipe at KR just my thoughts on a number of comments that he had said to certain friends of mine in the run up to the Brid Weekender. ph34r.gif

And a nice record too may i add Dukester, nice to have you on board the Bridlington pirate ship :excl:

Rob

Guest FREEANEASY

1st night last night, place full, loads of stalls, all the dj's playing good across the board sets to keep the dancefloor full, what I would call first night music, Skip Jackson best for me on the night.

Looking forward to some crossover/70's this afternoon session.

Shaping up to be a top week end.

oh yes and no Rain yet!!!

Brian

Rob, Sorry for not getting my Sat/Sun reports in from Brid (Foookin laptop no work)

Let me say all the weekend was fantastic, well thought out, well put together, the dj's were well picked, you could have gone for "The Names" to pull the crowd in, glad you didnt though, its all credit to you and your collegues from ECSC. All Dj's, Mort, Glyn, Dukesy, John Poole, Pete Taylor, John Parker, Pat Brady, Rob Wigley, (Nick O Teen, John Player whistling.gif ) great tunes guys, my fave part of the weekend though, the afternoon/evening sets, in particular Dukesy and John Parker's sets such great Crossover/60's/70's/rare tunes.

So big shout for next year everyone........GO TO IT :thumbsup:

Brian :excl:

1st night last night, place full, loads of stalls, all the dj's playing good across the board sets to keep the dancefloor full, what I would call first night music, Skip Jackson best for me on the night.

Looking forward to some crossover/70's this afternoon session.

Shaping up to be a top week end.

oh yes and no Rain yet!!!

Brian

Rob, Sorry for not getting my Sat/Sun reports in from Brid (Foookin laptop no work)

Let me say all the weekend was fantastic, well thought out, well put together, the dj's were well picked, you could have gone for "The Names" to pull the crowd in, glad you didnt though, its all credit to you and your collegues from ECSC. All Dj's, Mort, Glyn, Dukesy, John Poole, Pete Taylor, John Parker, Pat Brady, Rob Wigley, (Nick O Teen, John Player whistling.gif ) great tunes guys, my fave part of the weekend though, the afternoon/evening sets, in particular Dukesy and John Parker's sets such great Crossover/60's/70's/rare tunes.

So big shout for next year everyone........GO TO IT :thumbsup:

Brian :excl:

what about nosmo king

Rob wicks

Guest hurryup

++

Just a quickie, reason being i will let all you Soul soucers have your say first nice to meet the ss ers i have not met before, if i missed any of you which i think i did sorry !

arrived back this morning at 3.30am after a marathon last day, jeez my frigging feet are killing after a straight 13 hours of duty

Rob Wicks

aka Naughty Boy

oooo sorry Kirsty and Mags i never bought you that drink its in my diary for next year

Don't think that's very fair Rob, a whole year to wait :excl: bet you're hoping we'll forget, aren't you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONS to the East Coast Soul Collective, not mentioning any names - that's just putting people on a pedestal and if it wasn't for the paying punters, as Naughty Boy so rightly pointed out Sunday night, there wouldn't be an event. The weekend was a huge success, fantastic venue, great people, brilliant atmosphere thumbsup.gif . Everyone has already booked their accommodation and got their tickets for next year.

I'd like to just pick up on the comments about Mort's contribution, (here's a plug for you Mort) I've heard it's the last Rockingham this Saturday so if any of you want to hear any more great tunes, get yourselves down there, if anyone deserves support, Mort does (get drinks in for around 10.45 Mort) :thumbsup:

Guest FREEANEASY

what about nosmo king

Rob wicks

He just said, "Goodbye nothing to say" :excl:

But seriously NOSMO KING ALL WEEKEND, FANTASTIC !! NO SMELLY CLOTHES ON THE B&B BEDROOM FLOOR, JUST DONER KEBAB ALL OVA ME SHIRT huh.gif

Hi all

just a quick reply & a few words of support for ECSC

Firstly thanks to the lads for involving me in such a fantastic event, its given me & a few others a lift & shown that the ' scene ' still does have some mileage in it yet.

In my opinion [ i'm a bit biased tho' lol ] the event was a huge success, everything went smoothly, the venue's great, the music was top notch, the DJs were 1st class [ told you im biased lol ], security were like old friends, sound system was faultless, even had the crack with St Johns ambulance who sat there listenening & watching all weeking, just in case someone keeled over ! Even got a snog from Karen Wigley too [ no tongues tho' ! ]

Great crowd with a load from E Mids, Bentink, Annesley, Kirkby etc + nice to see Paula & sis & few from Derby area.

All in all a huge success & i & a lot more cant wait till next yr.

Thanks also to Nige Brown & Carms for the kind words above, taken as a huge compliment from 2 knowledgable guys on the scene. [ That Fontella Bass track is awasome tho' aint it ]

two emails i received this morning ....

proper weekender ,looking forward next year.a real tonic to mesee you soon clint/di

hiya mate wot a fantastic weekened cant praise it enough cant wait for next year,can you order me two tickets for next year mate and i will square with you in a couple of weeks.give my love to leslie and pauline sends her love to you both.see you soonralph

Cant be bad, people are askin me for tickets already.

Looks like you've started something lads.

Thanks again to ALL involved & dont forget you can catch me DJing @ Heywood Civic on Friday night or at the last ever Rockingham Hall M1 Jnc 36 this Saturday night With Top DJs ALLY MAYER - GLYNN SISSONS - DEREK GREENHOFF & Me 5hrs 8.0 - 1.0 - [ www.60sSOUL.2tunes.com ] Cheers Mort

Edited by mort
Guest the dukester

And a nice record too may i add Dukester, nice to have you on board the Bridlington pirate ship :thumbsup:

Rob

Nice to be aboard mate, no pressganging on the good ship ECSC. :excl:

spsp_b.jpg

I would just like to echo Morts comments and thank all who attended for the great comments on the weekend.

Hope Micks doing the sound again.....top job mate thumbsup.gif

Heres to 2008 and the Spa !!!!

I see you had no problem finishing the champagne then!. You were quite tipsy when I left. I will let Louise know that the photos are up.

Kx

I see you had no problem finishing the champagne then!. You were quite tipsy when I left. I will let Louise know that the photos are up.

Kx

Well done , and congratulations to all those concerned with the Brid W/E ......

As stated , due to other commitments , I was not able to be there ; but I have heard good and positive feedback from various bodies who did ......

Looking forward to next year when I will will be there as one of the team behind the decks .....

Malc Burton

Guest LEICSSOULIES

HI ALL

SORRY ITS LATE POSTING !! BUT WANTED TO ADD MY BIT ABOUT THE WEEKEND AT BRID...

FIRST A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL INVOLVED IN THE PROFESSIONAL RUNNING OF IT... BRILLIANT WEEKEND, FRIENDLY CROWD, SECURITY STAFF AND PROMOTERS. MUSIC WAS GOOD, MY PERSONAL FAVORITE WAS SUNDAY NIGHT, BUT WE ALL HAD A GREAT TIME CELEBRATING LYNDSEYS 30TH

BIRTHDAY ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT. WEEKEND TO REMEMBER AND PROUD TO SAY WE ATTENTED THE 1ST...

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

ALI 'N' CLINT

Edited by LEICSSOULIES

Hello everyone thank you for all the great stuff you have been writing on here from all the team, rob ,Karen, Pat,John, wicksy & partners DJs. big thanks to SOUND MAN MICK & his staff. We have been asked to pass on this from Lesley, known to most of you as the blonde haired security lady >

Hi Robert and Karen Please could I send a big thank you to all who attended the weekend in Bridlington. All my staff and myself would like to say a big THANK YOU to you all and reiterate that the all of you were some of the nicest people we have ever had to look after. A special THANK YOU to the smokers who were all very tolerant and mostly obliging. I and my staff lookforward to seeing you all next year(hopefully sooner!!) Regards Lesley East Yorkshire Elite Security(E.Y.E.S)

Says it all----

thanks again

Karen & Rob :unsure:

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

WELL DONE TO THE ORGANISERS OF BRID AND EVERYONE WHO PLAYED A PART IN IT!

It was a late decision to make the pilgrimage to the very first Brid weekender thanks to some badgering from fellow n.east soulies.

Without wishing to get into the politics and issues on dirty tricks by other organisers etc,i would like to say firstly ,going to soul weekenders is about meeting like-minded people and generally having a great time listening and dancing your socks off to whatever floats your boat.

I have to admit i personally love my soul "rare" and was misled (not by the organisers)that this was a rarer soul event. i think it was to do with the "anti-dote " headline,but like i said nothing to do with the organisers!I think the organisers made the right decisions on music policy due to the fact of only being the one room!

There was something for everyone,oldies anthems ,modern classics,some underplayed rarer choons,motown,uptempo ,medium etc etc!

only criticism was hearing a few choons more than once in same session.

I actually only arrived saturday and did both afternoon and night but had a great time ,thought BRIDLINGTON was a top place ,nice and friendly,clean,the venue was great ,the people were great and even went to see where next yrs event is being staged.AWESOME LOOKING PLACE!

All thats left is to say i think this will grow from strength to strength esp when they get the three rooms ,which will allow more diversity with the music.

SEEYA'S ALL NEXT YEAR thumbsup.gif

Edited by NORTHERN NEV