Why Is It You Can't Find Cheap Stuff?

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

£250=£500+ tunes etc, easy-peasy! found lots of stuff I'm after in this price bracket with no probs, but the cheaper stuff... You would think you could pick them up easy, but where are they??

Example, the 'wants' I put up for the Skull Snaps, pretty cheap, you would think you'd fall over 'em but no, can't find one anywhere! On to the Lee Fields "Take me back" JM books at £30, so you should be falling over 'em at that price. Can I find one, can I f**k! Would also like, for nostalgic reasons a nice Towanda Barnes Demo..Same story! Where are the cheapies!!

Anyone help before I throw a real dickkie fit!! laugh.gif

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

£250=£500+ tunes etc, easy-peasy! found lots of stuff I'm after in this price bracket with no probs, but the cheaper stuff... You would think you could pick them up easy, but where are they??

Example, the 'wants' I put up for the Skull Snaps, pretty cheap, you would think you'd fall over 'em but no, can't find one anywhere! On to the Lee Fields "Take me back" JM books at £30, so you should be falling over 'em at that price. Can I find one, can I f**k! Would also like, for nostalgic reasons a nice Towanda Barnes Demo..Same story! Where are the cheapies!!

I know what you mean. Beginning to suspect the cheapies are the real rarities! So often you see titles £500+ "super rare" but copies are for sale all over the place - which would suggest otherwise.

Derek

Social source share

I HOPE ITS A SIGN THAT CHEAPER UNDERRATED AND LESS VALUED STUFF IS GETTING THE REGOGNITION IT DESERVES? THE LEE FIELDS IS ANOTHER RECORD THAT YOU COULD PICK UP IN ABUNDANCE IN THE MID TO LATE EIGHTIES ,I DOUBT NOW PARTICULARY AFTER BUTCH HAS GIVE IT A RUN OUT THAT THE £30 BOOK WOULD BE VIABLE?

A GOOD RECORD IS A GOOD RECORD REGARDLESS OF THE VALUE,ALOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT SO PERHAPS THE ACCESSABILITY OF GOOD TRACKS IS NOW BECOMING AN ISSUE.I HAVE HUNDREDS VALUED AT £50 OR LESS I WANT TAKE THE BLUE ROCK LOGO,COLLECT IT AND WOW MOST EXCEPT A FEW ARE UNDER 50 QUID AND MOST ARE TOP NOTCH TUNES.SAME GOES FOR LOGOS LIKE RUJAC,OKEH,CHESS,DE LUX,KING,DUKE,ABC,THE LIST IS ENDLESS .

BAZ A.

Social source share

i think that 30 for lee fields is probably somewhere near right but it is not easy to come by i cant say i have been looking for it as i have had it about 5/6 years managed to get one back as i originally sold it in 1982 when i sold up, skullsnaps i got about 3/4 years ago good luck in your hunting.

i have spun lee fields a few times at the greatstone and it still sounds good all those years after hearing it at the mecca.

mark

Social source share

Guest Trevski

i think that 30 for lee fields is probably somewhere near right but it is not easy to come by i cant say i have been looking for it as i have had it about 5/6 years managed to get one back as i originally sold it in 1982 when i sold up, skullsnaps i got about 3/4 years ago good luck in your hunting.

i have spun lee fields a few times at the greatstone and it still sounds good all those years after hearing it at the mecca.

mark

Thing is, you may be right with the £30 mark for Lee Fields, but I will probably have to pay double that to tempt someone to sell..... whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Skullsnaps is a tough record, I had one listed on here 4 weeks back, sold it, but I hadn't had one for ages before, not on US\anyway, had a few UK copies

Missed that! Would take a uk at a push. As for the Lee Fields, as I said earlier, I am prepared to pay quite handsomly for a copy. If anyone wants to sell, PM me with your price you are willing to accept, and we could well have a deal, strictly confidential of course!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I know exactly what you mean fella.

When i was looking for a Shirley Karol - Just to make you happy... i must have pm'd every single person on here who put records up for sale... plus asking every single person i came into contact with.

I had NEVER been so pro-active about getting hold of a record before... but could i get one... could i fig... despite the fact that it is only a cheap record.

Finally managed to get an issue of Ebay for about £12.

The bloke selling it said it wasn't in great nick... but i took the chance anyway simply because it was the only one i'd come across that was for sale.

I put a snipe of about £40 on it... ended up getting it for £12... and when it came i couldn't believe it... not a mark on it.

I still can't believe how many people i asked if they had a copy of this record for sale... oh well... i guess that's soul for ya!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Trev I've got a lee fields record on my list elsewhere on the site (posted today), dunno if it's the right one though, it's on a label called Bedford?

Nah it's "take me back" on ANGLE3, Thanks anyhoo Pete!

Dunno about others on here, but sometimes you just WANT something really bad, and it actually hurts not to have it! (of course, once you do have it, it goes in the box and you forget all about it! laugh.gif Funny thing, vinyl obsession!)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

£250=£500+ tunes etc, easy-peasy! found lots of stuff I'm after in this price

Funny, though, that no matter how many copies you see of things like Carol & Gerri, Kenny Shepherd, Percy Wiggins 'It Didn't Take Much" etc - and nearly everyone wit a sales box that i look at seems to have one of each - nobody's ever willing to price them realistically to sell?

You're quite right, Trev, it's the 'cheapies' that offer the greatest diversity of rarity yes.gif

Social source share

Guest kev such

Dunno about others on here, but sometimes you just WANT something really bad, and it actually hurts not to have it! (of course, once you do have it, it goes in the box and you forget all about it! laugh.gif Funny thing, vinyl obsession!)

True, regarding wanting a tune SO badly that your willing to scour heaven and earth for it, also bug the bleeding hell out of anyone you know that may even only have 1 record in their collection, hoping its the one you want and they are prepared to sell it.

Trouble is though that while your looking for that certain tune, you hear some others (like i did at Heacham on Saturday) and you spend another £70 or £80 that you didnt want to. Or a fellow soulie says those immortal words "Hello Kev, I've got a tune for sale in my box that you're gonna love".Then when you show it to your other half she says, "is that the one you've been going on about?". You say "well no, but this one is excellent" and my Mrs returns with the same comment everytime, in the style of a mother to her son "Yes babe, i dare say it is".

Bit off thread but, the best comment my Mrs comes out with is "how long are you on for?" I say "about an hour", she then says "why do you need to take so many then, you can't play all of them?" I then say "Just incase" she then usually says "In case of what?" At this point i would begin to sweat because i need to come up with a plausible answer that would justify the amount of money i have, and will be spending on tunes to be neatly packed into my box, and i know that by saying "its nice to own a copy of it" is'nt going to settle the discussion. I have thought about coming back with a comment about "how come you have so many shoes and only two feet"? but to be honest i'm not that brave.

Must admit though that thankfully there are still some fantastic (IMO) tunes about for little bucks. I mean i paid $12.00 for Soul Sisters on Sue and IMHO thats just an awesome track.

Regards

Kev.

Edited by kev such
Social source share

Guest Trevski

and a bit more Trev, when did you last see one for sale ?

even before Butch started playing it.

can let you have a photo and MP3 of mine for £5 if you want :rolleyes:

T**t!! biggrin.gif

Social source share

and a bit more Trev, when did you last see one for sale ?

even before Butch started playing it.

can let you have a photo and MP3 of mine for £5 if you want :rolleyes:

only going off what i paid 5 years ago £10 and not counting for much demand but if butch has decided to play it then you will be lucky to get it for under a 100 within a month, i think a truer price may be £50/60 pounds on the fact that you just dont see them for sale. you could go for the album but this is very rare and sells for £150/200 it has all the angle 3 tracks on that are supposedly easy to get biggrin.gif

mark

Social source share

Guest Trevski

£250=£500+ tunes etc, easy-peasy! found lots of stuff I'm after in this price bracket with no probs, but the cheaper stuff... You would think you could pick them up easy, but where are they??

Got the Towanda, Cheers chap! :rolleyes:  Now where's the others! You don't wanna see a grown man cry, do you? :shhh: (silly question, of course you do, you evil people!)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I know exactly what you mean fella.

When i was looking for a Shirley Karol - Just to make you happy... i must have pm'd every single person on here who put records up for sale... plus asking every single person i came into contact with.

I had NEVER been so pro-active about getting hold of a record before... but could i get one... could i fig... despite the fact that it is only a cheap record.

Finally managed to get an issue of Ebay for about £12.

The bloke selling it said it wasn't in great nick... but i took the chance anyway simply because it was the only one i'd come across that was for sale.

I put a snipe of about £40 on it... ended up getting it for £12... and when it came i couldn't believe it... not a mark on it.

I still can't believe how many people i asked if they had a copy of this record for sale... oh well... i guess that's soul for ya!

did the same with shirley karol,bought one years ago for £30,sold it to god knows who,looking for one recently,saw one on ebay,bid quite high to win it,won it for..............£8.50 unbelievable,keeping hold of my lee fields,sounds just right for today :rolleyes:

Mick

Social source share

Dunno about others on here, but sometimes you just WANT something really bad, and it actually hurts not to have it! (of course, once you do have it, it goes in the box and you forget all about it! laugh.gif Funny thing, vinyl obsession!)

===========

got my copy weeks after this on a live searling tape from 75....got a great b side in Taras song too...

as with my wigan sounds not for sale but good luck with your search..

mark

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

£250=£500+ tunes etc, easy-peasy! found lots of stuff I'm after in this price bracket with no probs, but the cheaper stuff... You would think you could pick them up easy, but where are they??

Anyone help before I throw a real dickkie fit!! :P

I've posted cheap stuff up for sale before. It all depends on what you want . . . classics / well known stuff at a cheap price or virtually unkown stuff at a cheap price. Classics / well known stuff will always go fast, usually at whatever price they are put up at. Book prices are a laugh. :(:(:lol::D

Social source share

Trev

I put a wanted post on here for Lee Fields about a year ago and somebody PM'd me saying they had a copy i could have for £150, my immediate reaction was "no way, its a £30 record".

I wish i'd took the offer up now as i havent seen one single copy up for grabs since then and i have been very pro-active in looking.

Butch playing it has'nt helped, but i still reckon its real tough to get.

Another note on this one, i notice Butch is playing The Profiles - I still love you (tho it did sound like a slightly different take) So if you havent got this little gem, get it now cos i reckon it'll shoot up in price.

Hands up those who got it for a fiver from Pat Bradys front page focus?

Gaz

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Trev

I put a wanted post on here for Lee Fields about a year ago and somebody PM'd me saying they had a copy i could have for £150, my immediate reaction was "no way, its a £30 record".

I wish i'd took the offer up now as i havent seen one single copy up for grabs since then and i have been very pro-active in looking.

Butch playing it has'nt helped, but i still reckon its real tough to get.

Another note on this one, i notice Butch is playing The Profiles - I still love you (tho it did sound like a slightly different take) So if you havent got this little gem, get it now cos i reckon it'll shoot up in price.

Hands up those who got it for a fiver from Pat Bradys front page focus?

Not me Gaz :wub: But been after one for a while if you know of one matey

Edited by the dukester
Social source share

Anyone help before I throw a real dickkie fit!! :thumbsup:

I had skullsnaps and towanda up on here for sale a few times.....could'nt shift them. Always the way! JM books a lot of stuff at strange prices...its often the 30 quiders that take some tracking down...good luck mate :(

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I had skullsnaps and towanda up on here for sale a few times.....could'nt shift them. Always the way! JM books a lot of stuff at strange prices...its often the 30 quiders that take some tracking down...good luck mate :thumbsup:

Got Towanda ok, just need a 'snaps now!

Social source share