New Moddun/xover Event In Hertfordshire

alison

I know TheBigO has probably posted this up in events/flyers etc but thought I'd give a helping hand in plugging what looks like being a top night in April.

North Herts 6T's Mafia present

MODERN BY MOONLIGHT

Plinston Hall, Broadway, Letchworth, Herts

Saturday 16th April 2005

8pm - 2am

An evening of the very best in Modern & Crossover Soul from across the era's 70's to Y2K, in both the Main Hall & SG6

Soul Sam

Gary Dennis

Taffy

Nathan

TheBigO

Ivor Jones

Simon T

I think I'm right in thinking its the first time they've put a sole (scuse the pun) crossover/modern event on, so it would be nice to support it, if you like that kind of vibe. I really like this venue, we've been to a couple of the normal/norman soul nights and the Ghetto upstairs is always excellent fun; good people - good music. Always best to pre-book tickets for Plinston so Neil, give us the relevant phone numbers !!! There's quite a few of us on this part of the forum that live regionally or within easy travelling distance to Hertfordshire; would make a decent place for a get together. We're in Londinium the night before to see Leroy Hutson anyway, so we'll be attending for sure.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know TheBigO has probably posted this up in events/flyers etc but thought I'd give a helping hand in plugging what looks like being a top night in April.

North Herts 6T's Mafia present

MODERN BY MOONLIGHT

Plinston Hall, Broadway, Letchworth, Herts

Saturday 16th April 2005

8pm - 2am

An evening of the very best in Modern & Crossover Soul from across the era's 70's to Y2K, in both the Main Hall & SG6

Soul Sam

Gary Dennis

Taffy

Nathan

TheBigO

Ivor Jones

Simon T

I think I'm right in thinking its the first time they've put a sole (scuse the pun) crossover/modern event on, so it would be nice to support it, if you like that kind of vibe. I really like this venue, we've been to a couple of the normal/norman soul nights and the Ghetto upstairs is always excellent fun; good people - good music. Always best to pre-book tickets for Plinston so Neil, give us the  relevant phone numbers !!! There's quite a few of us on this part of the forum that live regionally or within easy travelling distance to Hertfordshire; would make a decent place for a get together. We're in Londinium the night before to see Leroy Hutson anyway, so we'll be attending for sure.

link

SO WE WILL BE SEEING JANINE THERE THEN I TAKE IT :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words and the suppot Alison and loving your new pic!!! Or is that the other half???? All the details are up in the events section and the flyer, back and front, will all the info on can be found in the flyer gallery.

This is the first of what we hope will be many purely Modern/X-Over nights, run in addition to the normal nights, and we need the support so come along and let's get a regular night of 70's + vibes established. If we get 300 advance bookings/reservations then we open upstairs as well and drag Uncle Terry Jones and others screaming and kicking to the wheels of steel :-)

Karen, Janine will obviously be there as she may get a chance to have her photo alongside people she's never been photographed by before!!!! But Winnie, you have a valid point my man, she may well never leave Oz...now where's the number for the Australian Consulate???

Even if Janine can't (or won't) come, I am sure that if Blodwyn the kidnapped pony re-appears - she will be kicking up her hoofs (or is it hooves) on the dance floor.

Hopefully you'll get the support you deserve; seems crazy that car loads of Southerners have to leg it up the M6 on a regular basis just to get their fix of not-so-dusty soul.

The initial feedback from those crazy Southerners has been very good Alison and it looks set to be a good night. Taff and Nathan and Soul Sam have been pestering for an exclusive Ghetto night out for ages and now they have they are really pulling out the sounds. Taff played me yet more new ones last night and I have to say there are some awesome 70's dance toons coming your way! Gary Dennis of Crazy Beat records/Caister and TOON! fame is set to play a blinding set and if all goes well i will make this a regular event, every other month. Spread the faith - don't just keep it!

* By the way, Haven Reunion in St Albans takes place on the 2nd April at the Quality Hotel with all those caister memories. We went to the last one and had a great time and I sure KarenB will endorse that, as will Reg et all. Get there if you can.

* By the way, Haven Reunion in St Albans takes place on the 2nd April at the Quality Hotel with all those caister memories. We went to the last one and had a great time and I sure KarenB will endorse that, as will Reg et all. Get there if you can.

link

2nd April - no can do. Its the Soul Essence weekender in Yarmouth - the spiritual homing call of the Nightingales :thumbsup::yes::yes: As fun as it sounds, I think I have outgrown my Caister days wink.gif